Lowe's Employee Reviews

Love working at Lowes
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON23 June 2017
Helping customers to find the material they need to work on their projects. Great managers and associates to work with. The hardest part is lifting the five gallon pails of paint. I enjoy talking to the customers to find out what their projects are that they are working on then seeing the customers coming back again and again.
Pros
Social Events
Cons
Heavy work
Home Depot is way better than Lowe's
Kitchen Cabinets Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 June 2017
Worked for 4 years, Very experience with store manager but assistant managers were supportive however terrible coverage on the floor for breaks and lunches. sometimes neighbor department colleagues go for lunch and breaks for ever and you are forced to watch 2 to 3 departments by your self leaving you stressed and frustrated. No room for advancement if you are not store manager's favourite.
Pros
ok salary
Cons
Bad management
Good workplace for summer, not recommended as a part time job to balance with school
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Maple, ON21 June 2017
The typical day of work at Lowes is like any other reail store, long hours, heavily customer service focus and sub pay. With that being said it is a great job for students that would like to work in summer and get some basic information on trades, meeting many people in the field.
Pros
availability
Run!
Night Stocker/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON20 June 2017
I was a night stocker at the Whitby Lowe's. The job was TERRIBLE. the night crew manager was the worst boss I have ever worked for. He did not know how to divide the work load properly. He constantly stood at the end of the aisle to watch you.

Trying to book a night off? Goodluck! The management gave you a guilt trip if you dared to be sick and needed time off.

The pay was criminal. $12/hr to bust your butt, with little reward. Getting a raise took a year, and even then it took several reminders.
Pros
Cons
Low pay. Heavy work load. Never thanked or appreciated
Depends
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  800 Warden Ave18 June 2017
I enjoyed working for Lowe's Canada, they were always really accommodating while i was going through school. However, I did sometimes feel there were people in leadership roles that didn't always have an idea of what they were doing. Not bad for short term.
Terrible place to work
Customer service associate (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC16 June 2017
I worked at the new location in Prince George since last summer- Helped with mass receiving and worked my butt off everyday. When the store opened the turn over was MASSIVE, due to terrible management and placing the worst department managers. Fast forward to almost a year later, the management lie to the staff, make them feel worthless and becomes a place that you are not excited to go to everyday. While most associates were getting paid upwords of $17 and hour cashiers are stuck at $11.65-$12. Do not recommend working for this company
Pros
most staff are very nice
Cons
Bad management
Fun workplace, fast pace to keep busy
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON16 June 2017
The flooring department at Lowe's was a fun, fast paced environment with something new learned everyday. We gain new product and installation knowledge everyday granting us more qualified the more we work.
Pros
Additional training
Cons
Inconsistent hours
Sales Specialist - Plumbing (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON14 June 2017
A great place to work. I was a vendor for many years and decided to work for the customer. I was looking for a great team environment and found what I was looking for at Lowe's
tre bien
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Laval, QC12 June 2017
bien aperçu donne de la chance pour bien exprimer ou gens sans emploi dans n import quelle endroit dans le monde
Pros
dynamique
Cons
rien de négatifs
The job is decent
Unloader (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC11 June 2017
The work is customer oriented and not that difficult. The people are all nice to work with. The hours were not the greatest. An entry level job at best.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Hours are all over the place

Want to know more about Lowe's?

Ask a question
Team Leader
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON1 June 2017
This job was very fast paced, but a stable environment. I would highly recommend working here if you don't mind getting your hands on experience with building material and great customers.
love working at this place
CSA (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK31 May 2017
fast paced.
managers are really understanding.
love working at this place.
work environment is really good
never feel left out more like friends than co-workers.
Great place to work retail/minimum wage
Labourer/Loader (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB30 May 2017
Lowe's was great for me. I worked at a couple of stores across Canada, and the work never changed. However, management has their cons for sure (might not apply to different stores but it did at mine). Overall though if you want to work Retail, you might as well work for Lowe's.
Pros
Long 1 hour lunches. Flexible hours.
Cons
Low wages, management is not the best
Monotonous work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON and Maple, ON29 May 2017
- shifts are generally 4 - 8 hours long
- work is the same day in and out--stocking shelves, maintaining department's appearance, helping customers
- I worked at two locations and in both stores management seems uninterested and unconvinced by their work
Shipper/Receiver
Night shift Merchandisor (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON28 May 2017
Shipped rough from truscks to aisles, stocked zoned and helped customers who needed assistance. Apart of night shift and started at 930-700 and worked full time hours as well.
feeling being part of a family
Product service manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 May 2017
working in differeng areas in the store. time alloted so time is a facture in our evertday work.
Learned alot about details and working as a team.
Everyone is friendly and ready to help.
Hardest part is locating procusts and having coverage while working on a major change.
Pros
Pot lucks, team work, family feeling and more
Bad management, unorganized and overworking staff
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC19 May 2017
Lowe's pays the bills but isn't too terribly enjoyable to work at.
The store I work at is constantly understaffed. They hire most people peak and give those people no benefits except for a minor store discount. Peak workers are often worked as much as part-time workers and actual part-time workers are worked nearly as much as full-time workers. Full-time workers frequently are booked long stretches with only one day off.
Meanwhile corporate which is incredibly disconnected from the actual stores expects more to be done constantly with less staff (They are attempting to equalize the store staff despite Canadian stores all being different sizes taking over old Target locations) and frequently change or implement new rules or procedures that constantly make even the simplest tasks more convoluted.
Trying to manage orders and customers between the store's genesis system and the online order system (which do not communicate) is unorganized as is trying to keep track of any paperwork.
It has gotten to the point where people will use tricks or stretch the truth on what they are doing in order to appease managers with the ever increasing demands.
The only upsides I can think of is they give a good amount of breaks (usually. some departments don't get their break if it's too busy, or get them super late) and most of the coworkers were easy to get along with.
Pros
Acceptable pay, Friendly coworkers
Cons
Overwork staff, Unorganized, Poorly managed
Cashier / Garden centre / lumber
Front End Cashier (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON16 May 2017
Working there is ridiculous they only hire seasonal, and if you tell them that you have another job they ask you to only work for them and they said yes still hire you wan after the contract ends well that's a lie . There full-time people that were hired from the Day 1 the store open some are still there and they treat The people on contract really bad I don't recommend anybody to apply to this job
Job rewarding
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Balzac, AB15 May 2017
I worked for Lowes only for a short time. The commuting cost from my residence to work and back with the vehicle I was driving were high. The time I spent there was enjoyable working a as sales associate in the plumbing department. Store Manager had a staff ralley each morning to rev up the trops and the rest of the day you did your job unbrothered. I have nothing but praise for Lowes. I now visit the store as customer they always have what I need.
Cleaner than Home Depot
Assistant Store Manger (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 May 2017
Stores are well run , clean , bright , fun places for employees but often longer hours than scheduled

Good training, excellent support, great products and dispalys
Pros
Great store... enjoyed the products
Cons
Hours