Lowe's Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Co workers are nice, management is deceptive
Stocker/Receiver (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONJanuary 6, 2016
Pros: Benefits, paid sick days, holidays
Cons: Underhanded and sneeky moves by management
Lowe's as a company will save money to help stock holders at any cost. They will change the title of a position (even though the job tasks and expectations are exactly the same) so they can drop the wage. They will cut hours even thought sales increase. The management will not help on the floor even though there may only be four or five associates. The few good things about Lowe's is their benefit package, scheduled breaks, and lunches, holidays, paid sick days for part time and full time employees.

Peak employees who may work 40 hours a week continuously will not receive benefits, holidays, or paid sick days.

For the minimum wage you will start at you may as well work at any other retail job be it a grocery store, fast food place, clothing store etc. It won't be as physically demanding and hard on your body.
Fun work place and got a chance to meet different people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONNovember 19, 2015
Pros: Long hours
Cons: Wearing construction boats to work
It wasn't a very important job but it taught me things such as how to always be productive and work as a team with my coworkers, help get the customers what they wanted in a timely fashion and always give 100% in everything I did while I was working. It was an extremely great company to work for and they have great job security and a great team. They had meetings once a week that would help the employees greet and treat not only themselves and coworkers but also customers with respect and satisfaction that didn't make it feel like work and always made the customers want to continue to do business there. It was a great place to work I just wanted something more for myself.
assist customers with hardware needs
Hardware Associate (Former Employee), Pickering, ONOctober 17, 2015
Pros: good work environment, co-workers, management
Cons: long hours without a break usually due to staff shortages
I assisted customers with their requests; stock recovery during the slow periods. I learned all about the features and benefits of the various tools, nails, screws ,etc. from my customers and co-workers. Management was always available and helpful. The hardest part of the job was not being able to provide the needs of the customer; the most enjoyable part of the job was satisfying the customers needs.
Would not recommend
Department Manager (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONMarch 12, 2016
Pros: customers, learning
Cons: unpredictable work hours, overworked, poor management
No job security, highly overworked with little to no recognition. No adherence to HR policies, nor to PIPEDA legislation. Fire at will, no consideration to bullying, overwork, and little to no support from upper management with customers or peak busy times.
Fast paced, interesting, and devolopmental workplace
Sales Specialist (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONFebruary 3, 2016
Pros: benefits
Cons: not enough time in the day
I enjoy working with people. A typical day at work is customer service, sales and doing follow ups. My Co workers and management team are supportive and informative. the hardest part of the job is that there is not enough time in the day. The day goes by way too fast.
Great Place to work
Sales Specialist - Inside Lawn and Garden (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 30, 2015
Pros: lots of learning opportunities about home improvement.
Cons: poorly managed scheduling
Apart from the 'lack of communication' from the management about decisions, the place is a fun place to work. The amount of self learning is incredible! People are fun to work with for most part and just like any organization, there is always politics involved but you can escape it if you focus on your own responsibilities.
I still feel the store can be better managed and the current management isnt the best I have seen in my years of working.
Opportunity for Growth
Cashier (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 20, 2016
Having 10 years of retail under my belt, I thought I knew it all. Starting my employment with Lowes I am amazed on all the opportunity this company has to offer their employees.

I am so proud to be part of a company that has potential growth and the support of management is overwhelming. My learning of their way has been a ride of thrill and I look forward to really learning how this company grow.

Thank you Lowes for making me a part of your company.
Great working environment with amazing co-workers
Administrator (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 24, 2015
Lowe's is a great place to work, friendly and welcoming staff with supportive management. Working for Lowe's it is about the customer experience. I have learned to love what I do know mater the job path, while at Lowe's they have provided me with a lot of training and experience to excel in any career choice. A typical day for myself at Lowe's might be a little different then most, as I started as a cashier and worked my way up from there. I shortly moved from cashier to administrative office, special orders and Lowe's.ca. From there I was able to move to Full-time Paint and Home Decor Sales Associate. Now a Full-Time Outdoor Seasonal Associate. Although that is the label given to me I am always egar to help out any department, jumping on cash to going to grab an order from the back of receiving. At Lowe's I have been able to grow and am always challenged with new tasks everyday.
Horrid hours
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Cambridge, ONJanuary 30, 2016
Schedule is awful with family. a lot of politics in management.
Friendly staff mainly. Poor pay for responsibilities.
Great Enviroment Not so great with salary
Senior Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Etobicoke, ONDecember 11, 2015
Pros: Fridays $2.00 breakfests, Free BBQ's each month. Customers. Family enviroment
Cons: Night Shifts
A typical day at Lowes starts and ends with the customer. Serving them in any way possible. Keeping the lines flowing and keeping the store and products presentable.
From Lowes I learned how to use Kronos and Genises P.O.S Programs.
The management team always had your back and was very helpful, but there was not always great communication going from the management to the employees, but things always worked out on the end.
The co-workers pleasant and easy to work with. There was great communication from one co-worker to another.
The hardest part of my job I would say were the hours.
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people everyday, and having interesting conversations with them, and being able to build a friendly relationship with them. I would always be looking forward to meeting the regulars each day.
Also, I would learn new things from my customers almost every week.
Rdc
Team Member (Former Employee), Milton, ONJanuary 15, 2016
Pros: Good people to work with
Cons: Management incompetence
Lowe's hires ANYONE! They mass hire, and wait for people to drop off. Human Resources WILL lie to you. They will tell you what you want to hear if they want you. Management teams are garbage. They are like chain gang officers. They walk or ride around in a golf cart and critique. Lots of favourtism and cliquey atmosphere. The actual team members are great people just needing to feed families. Lowe's may have taken over Target leases, however if they don't shape up... they will be out just as quick as Target was.
Great job for students
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Whitby, ONJanuary 4, 2016
Pros: Good people
Cons: long hours
- Process credit card applications and online orders
- Assist customers through checkout
- Answering phone calls and directing them to the appropriate departments
- Engage in good working relationships with customers
- Learned how to communicate effectively with customers and my coworkers
- Hardest part of my job was the repetitiveness and not facing new challenges
- Most enjoyable part is my coworkers, very caring and helpful group
Employees are given 10% discount on product. Benefits are good
Product Service Associate (PSA) (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONDecember 29, 2015
Pros: One hour lunches, benefits, paid sick days
Cons: Downsizing
My co-workers were pleasant, and enjoyable to work with. Reliable, and friendly. The hardest part of the job was not always having the proper tools available so the assigned tasks could be completed in the time frame that was given. I learned many things from stock replenishment, receiving and processing freight, using heavy equipment, inventory control, building displays.
Vindictive Self-serving Users
CSA (Former Employee), Windsor Ontario CanadaJanuary 22, 2016
This company will chew you up and spit you out. There is a complete lack of respect for hard workers and zero recognition for those that make the difference. The only way to get anywhere with this company is to stroke the egos of those above you. Exact opposite of what they tell you. Favouritism runs rampant at Lowes and if you doubt this simply pop in to your local Lowes store and ask a few of the customer service associates (if they dare be brave enough to tell the truth) They are extremely biased and rule with a very high handed technique. Beware of this company. I know many top dogs here and they are all very sneaky deceptive and regularly put on a total façade. Don't say I didn't warn you.
five star
Ability to lead plumbing (Former Employee), 130ave cagaryMarch 25, 2016
Pros: learning experience
Cons: no cons
Very good co. to work for always interesting with new produce almost every day Learned a lot about different plumbing supplies and management was great. there was no hard part to this job and was a enjoyment to work there
Great Place with even greater people
Lumber Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 1, 2016
Pros: Positive envirment, Helpful people, great location
Cons: Long hours
Working there was a great experience. I was surround by people who where always happy to assist you in anything you were unsure of. I would recommend working there to anyone.
Productive and Fun workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bellevue, WASeptember 30, 2015
Pros: Large lunch rooms, clean and tidy store, excellent customer service, upbeat atmosphere
Lowe's is an awesome company to work for. Whether transferring or moving to a new location always left on the Best terms. My fondest memories were of the Cart Skills Test the management provided each month, testing our skills on finding hidden products and being able to spot switched tags. Those tests may of been timed, but they were fun. I enjoyed always striving toward a perfect test score. Assisting customer's was always a happy experience, being ever so grateful for help provided them. There was always good comradery between co-workers and management. Management always available when needed, and friendly too! Lowe's is an excellent company to work for, and I look forward to working for them again.
working at Lowe's is very amazing
sales associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 5, 2015
Pros: no
Cons: yes
Lowe's is a fun place to work. they are like a big family they. and the management is very supportive. if there is any that ask me if lowes a good place to work i will say yes , because they look out for you and help you with everything that you need, to work safe and get the job done. they all just come together to make the work place a better place every day
Long, depressing work
Temp. 1xd (Former Employee), Milton, ONJanuary 19, 2016
Pros: 3 day weekend, 40 hours a week.
Cons: Long days, boring work culture
Long days in a depressing environment in a loud busy warehouse. Very early start and if you live outside of milton you are left with only time to sleep in your free time.
Great Co-workers, Terrible Management.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Belleville, ONJanuary 31, 2016
Pros: Great staff events
Cons: No social life
A casual workplace that proves it is a notch above places such as Home Depot, however, its management practices are weak and outdated. The overview of your regional manager is also one of constant criticism and negativity
Headquarters