Lowe's Employee Reviews

No Room for Growth
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC18 January 2017
I felt this company was unfair when it came to worker/ customer issues. They would never listen to the side of the staff member. Where very quick to punish instead of hearing everything.
Never felt that there was room to advance for some people within the company.
However was a fun environment to work in. The staff was wonderful.
Pros
Friendly staff and management
Cons
Lack of ownership to problems
Microsoft Company
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Boucherville, QC18 January 2017
A lot to do, and to expect since they bough Rona and this joint venture need to be "standardized".

Modern mentality allowing to work anytime and anywhere (remotely).
Fast Paced Retail Environment
Sales Specialist/Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 January 2017
Being department manager of Plumbing had very unique challenges. It was often the busiest department as we provided solutions to repair faulty plumbing, where other departments would be selling new tools, flooring, and building materials.

Management was suffocating. Micromanaging and unrealistic task assignments to an overworked and understaffed team made days long and hectic. Sales were always the priority, but often other tasks would be assigned when only 1 or 2 associates were working.
Good company to work with friendly atmosphere
Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON14 January 2017
Everyday going to work, I see people who make an effort to make everyone feel included of where they work. Everyone says hello when you see them, and are more than willing to help whenever needed. The needs of Lowe's employers are always in the forefront of any decision made. When management see potential for improvement they seek a way to help you get there. Many people have been promoted into positions where their full potential is put to use.
Cashier/Front End (Former Employee) –  Maple, ON11 January 2017
Fun and great place to work at, Training and everything is simple as long as you do the work and listen to what the managers and other co-workers have to say. Overall fun place to work at and worth the experience.
It was ok
Night Crew (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK9 January 2017
It was fun to work at I do much miss it I enjoy the ppl I work with I left cause another employee offered me a job with more money I should never have took it
Pros
No customers
Fun Workplace
Night Stocker (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 January 2017
Fun atmosphere in company. Day by Day i am learning new things. Every single day i learn something new and my co-workers are very helpful.
Pros
Long Lunch, Free hours
Cons
heavy work
Great place
Front end cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 January 2017
Enjoyed my time working there, learned a lot. I built confidence in my customer service communication skills. Able to work alone and do things on my own as well in a team.
productive and stable work place
Hardware Associate (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON4 January 2017
typical work day would include stocking items, helping customers with key cuttings or finding things around the store and showing them which is the better product to by depending on what they want.
Ive learned a lot from this job such as using the key cutter and labelling screws and nuts.hardest part of this job i would say is doing other peoples jobs.
Pros
great team
terrible place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 January 2017
If your planning to work at the lowes at signahill youll regret it. Bad management and hr won't respect you, ps, if you cut yourself your fired..
Pros
Cons
so baf is not even worth time reading
Productive and fun place to work!
Customer Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK29 December 2016
I loved how I was welcome with open arms, and had my hard work noticed and it helped my progress to other departments in this location. I also loved how everyone got along and were willing to help each other out.
Overall, I did not get enough hours, but the pay was pretty reasonable
Expeditor
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON28 December 2016
Work wherever needed. I have a vast knowledge of diy and home improvements.
Meeting new customers. Helping people gives great satisfaction
Management is steen and involved

hardest part was devoting 90% weekends not forced i agreed
most enjoyable was working with the team
Pros
hour lunch
unsupportive
Sales Specialist Kitchen cabinets (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC22 December 2016
Recruited for one position and hired, reluctantly for another that they wanted to 'try' out. It was a design position that I have no experience in and told them so
Pros
very good team members
Cons
poor position support
Lowes is a wonderful place to work for
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON21 December 2016
Lowe's offers work to all. Work is difficult and every day is different, with new challenges every time. Customers are some of the nicest customers as Lowe's strives to make the customer #1.
Customer Service Focus
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON19 December 2016
Day can include 10,000 to 15000 steps. Hectic pace at times and the culture tries to do 'right' by the customer. Variety of workers from retired executives doing 'different' level roles to students, recent graduates and seasoned workers from other environments.

Team work is fostered between all levels of work force. Senior managers turn up sleeves and help with all tasks that need to get done.

Wages for new hires in non full time roles are low but seem to have the ability to progress. Time frame for pay progression is confusing for some areas.
Pros
Solid Orgnaization
Cons
very corporate at times
amazing place to work, friendly atmosphere
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON18 December 2016
i learned so many things about electrical equipment , merchandising, problem solving being more independent and a team leader, management was beyond incredible and understanding
Pros
managment, employees, atmopshere
Cons
lack of hours
Fun Workplace
Customer Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 December 2016
The staff are great people, does not take long to feel like a family. The employee/manger relationship is great there is an open door policy which allows employees to contact their employer at all times.
Decent place to work
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON14 December 2016
Lowe's was a good place to work at and was one of the main reasons i left my past company to take on a bigger and more important role in management. Overall the work environment was fun and i loved my position. Senior managers need a lot of work in how they talk and approach there customers and employees. Overall the biggest reason i stayed here for as long as i did was because of my store manager and how good he was to me
Pros
employees
Cons
Assistant Store Managers
Good company
Manager in Trainee (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 November 2016
Good company to work for with a friendly environment. It seems to be expanding therefore there's room for growth. Not really big on writing online review, hope this helps somebody.
setting up christmas in September !!
Product Service Associate, CSA (Current Employee) –  Orleans, ON22 November 2016
Working in retail, every year my co workers and I would have to set up christmas in late September early October. Many times we would have to work overnights (not our decision) but we always made the best of it and had a blast.