Lowe's Employee Reviews in Canada

Excellent place to work
Department Manager Sales (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 9, 2016
Our days usually starts off with morning meeting and Lowes cheer.
Very professional enviroment , on-going learning modules which are both computer bases as well as practically hands-on experience.
Management is very co-operative and unbiased. A-lot of teaching and learning is part of everyday life . Co-workers very extremely friendly and helpful.
I see a great future with the expansion plan they have for the next 5 years in Canada.
Pros
Bonus structure, Management Support
Productive and challenging
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONApril 24, 2016
Lowe's was always busy, my eight years at Lowe's I learned how to handle explosive situations with customers, Management was at times helpful but , rarely available when needed.Co-workers had been like a family ranging in age from 18-60. The hardest part of the job was trying to get managment to see what was going on with any concerns or questions , having the wrong people in the wrong posistions, doing what was good for them at the time . Not what was wright for the company . I enjoyed dealing with customers and staff no matter the situation I tried to make it fun.
Pros
Staff and Customers
Cons
No support
Not a really bad job but no consistencey
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABMay 6, 2016
Shift changed all the time. Short shifts of 4-6 hours each. Basically on call all the time to fill in for other people that didn't show up for work. Best part of job was dealing with customers. Learnt to process customers payments to their accounts and how to process their charge accounts.
Pros
The co-workers and customers
Cons
Having to clean the bathrooms.scrub floors, and empty garbage from staff room.
Fiendly, family atmosphere
Cash Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ONJune 7, 2016
Lowe's provides a good work environment.
The staff and management treat you like a family.
My day starts very early , balancing daily receipts is a typical day for me .
The hardest part of my job is researching discrepancies in balancing the daily business.
I enjoy my job the most when everything balances.
Pros
Benefits and open door policy with human resources
Friendly and fun work environment
Cashier/Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  1604 the QueenswayMarch 8, 2016
Lowe's prides itself on being one the most well-organized home improvement stores worldwide. The staff are friendly, well-trained, and eager to assist customers. A typical day at Lowe's is busy, but exciting being able to meet and greet so many great customers. It is easy to build customer relationships at Lowe's due to the fact that their customer base is extremely loyal, and an example would be contractors that come in almost everyday.
Gets You What you Need
Night Manager/Associate (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONFebruary 2, 2016
The environment is one in which routine is imperative.
You must fit in that doesn't mean conform, it is important to your future that you quickly establish what you want and whether those needs align.
Very busy very hectic and of course it's retail so conditions can change at moments notice.
The hardest part of the job is just getting everything done, it is never finished exactly to someone's standards.
The most satisfying is a customer telling you that your help has given them exactly what they need.
Pros
Predictable
Cons
Many hands in the cookie jar
Would not recommend
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONMarch 12, 2016
No job security, highly overworked with little to no recognition. No adherence to HR policies, nor to PIPEDA legislation. Fire at will, no consideration to bullying, overwork, and little to no support from upper management with customers or peak busy times.
Pros
customers, learning
Cons
unpredictable work hours, overworked, poor management
Vindictive Self-serving Users
CSA (Former Employee) –  Windsor Ontario CanadaJanuary 22, 2016
This company will chew you up and spit you out. There is a complete lack of respect for hard workers and zero recognition for those that make the difference. The only way to get anywhere with this company is to stroke the egos of those above you. Exact opposite of what they tell you. Favouritism runs rampant at Lowes and if you doubt this simply pop in to your local Lowes store and ask a few of the customer service associates (if they dare be brave enough to tell the truth) They are extremely biased and rule with a very high handed technique. Beware of this company. I know many top dogs here and they are all very sneaky deceptive and regularly put on a total façade. Don't say I didn't warn you.
work in lumber @ building materials.good place to work but not enough employees to look after customers properly
customer sevice lumber (Current Employee) –  belleville ont.April 12, 2016
greet customers ask if you can help them find any products.co-workers great. if we need assistance our department manager is always available for assitant
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
poor wages
Opportunity for Growth
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 20, 2016
Having 10 years of retail under my belt, I thought I knew it all. Starting my employment with Lowes I am amazed on all the opportunity this company has to offer their employees.

I am so proud to be part of a company that has potential growth and the support of management is overwhelming. My learning of their way has been a ride of thrill and I look forward to really learning how this company grow.

Thank you Lowes for making me a part of your company.
Great customers, great staff!
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJanuary 15, 2016
It's great working in an environment where you can garner a customers' trust in quality products and loyalty. Seeing familiar faces is as exciting as meeting the new people. There are slow days and there are crazy days but there is always something to do and it is always enjoyable. You definitely learn to multi-task if you didn't possess the skill already! The most enjoyable part of the job is working with my coworkers honestly. The most difficult part of any customer service based industry I think is dealing with upset customers who we are unable to satisfy for one reason or another.
All in all, Lowe's is actually a really great place to work for personal growth and development.
Rdc
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Milton, ONJanuary 15, 2016
Lowe's hires ANYONE! They mass hire, and wait for people to drop off. Human Resources WILL lie to you. They will tell you what you want to hear if they want you. Management teams are garbage. They are like chain gang officers. They walk or ride around in a golf cart and critique. Lots of favourtism and cliquey atmosphere. The actual team members are great people just needing to feed families. Lowe's may have taken over Target leases, however if they don't shape up... they will be out just as quick as Target was.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
Management incompetence
productive and fun workplace
Cashier and Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONApril 7, 2016
very communicative environment with the customers and the other employees. Although the hours were long the alternation between cash, loader, and customer service.
Pros
discounts on in store merchandise
Cons
long shifts of straight standing
good part-time job
Sales Associate, (Current Employee) –  Orleans, ONFebruary 23, 2016
Can be a good place to work for anyone looking for part-time work. Not a lot of training given which can make certain tasks intimidating. Co workers are the best part of the job. There are a lot of managers it can be confusing who you should listen to and job expectations are not very clear. Pay is bad for what you're doing.
Great job for students
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ONJanuary 4, 2016
- Process credit card applications and online orders
- Assist customers through checkout
- Answering phone calls and directing them to the appropriate departments
- Engage in good working relationships with customers
- Learned how to communicate effectively with customers and my coworkers
- Hardest part of my job was the repetitiveness and not facing new challenges
- Most enjoyable part is my coworkers, very caring and helpful group
Pros
Good people
Cons
Fast paced, interesting, and devolopmental workplace
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONFebruary 3, 2016
I enjoy working with people. A typical day at work is customer service, sales and doing follow ups. My Co workers and management team are supportive and informative. the hardest part of the job is that there is not enough time in the day. The day goes by way too fast.
benefits
Cons
not enough time in the day
great place for students to work
Loader (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONMay 9, 2016
Lowe's always allowed you to be flexible with hours and would work around your availability. Lowe's is great for students who need to work full time during the summer and can work part time during the school year.
Pros
flexibale hours
Cons
sensonal adjustments
Employees are given 10% discount on product. Benefits are good
Product Service Associate (PSA) (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONDecember 29, 2015
My co-workers were pleasant, and enjoyable to work with. Reliable, and friendly. The hardest part of the job was not always having the proper tools available so the assigned tasks could be completed in the time frame that was given. I learned many things from stock replenishment, receiving and processing freight, using heavy equipment, inventory control, building displays.
Pros
One hour lunches, benefits, paid sick days
Cons
Downsizing
-Challenging and stimulating
Customer Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 23, 2016
-spent majority of day helping customers find certain products, gave quotes, picked orders or general cleaning
-Lowes has taught me to work by myself with no supervision for long periods of time as well as working with fellow lowes associates
five star
Ability to lead plumbing (Former Employee) –  130ave cagaryMarch 25, 2016
Very good co. to work for always interesting with new produce almost every day Learned a lot about different plumbing supplies and management was great. there was no hard part to this job and was a enjoyment to work there
Pros
learning experience
Cons
no cons