Lowe's Employee Reviews

Great people
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONAugust 16, 2016
Stocking overnight, the management was good, though sometimes it could have been better then it was. A lot of that would have to do more so with working over night though. Co-workers were what got me through the night a lot of time, great friendly people. Hardest part of the job was the hours in combination with heavy lifting have having to stay alert and aware of your surroundings at all times.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Over night hours.
Great place to work with very friendly clientele
Client services associate (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ONAugust 16, 2016
For an organized and detail oriented person such as myself, Lowes allowed me to prepare for further employment. I gained knowledge on not only the product within the store but valuable communication and computer skills. My co-workers were very helpful, cooperative and made what would have been a very routine work experience very engaging.
Pros
Great co-workers.
Cons
No weekends off.
Productive and fun place to work
night time merchandizer (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONSeptember 24, 2016
Always lots to do new items coming into store all the time. Co-workers are great to work with everyone pitches in and helps others. Great team man ship a feeling of family !!!!! The hardest part of the job is the hours its 10pm till 7am the most enjoyable part of the job is I can get what I need for my home at a reasonable cost plus an employee discount oh and there are great health benifits too !!!!
Very nice staff, too much Managment
Forklift Operator/Order Picker/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONJuly 14, 2016
I worked in the warehouse which was very fun but had to deal with 5 different managers who all had a different opinion on how to do things which got complicated. Hours fluctuated constantly and also got very confusing. My last month i was told that me and 3 others are being terminated and were not offered another position. I was there for only a year but the 3 others had been there for 3 and 4 years, we all had all the licenses for heavy equipment in the store and were very valuable to the store.
Pros
One free lunch
Cons
Random shifts, odd hours, suddenly terminated with no warning
good people to work with
Cash office Clerk/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Yonge and SheppardJuly 11, 2016
I answer customer service calls, greet visitors, manage calendar, accept deliveries, send out packages, check and answer main email address. My manager is a great person to work for. My co-workers are all very nice. The hardest part of the job are the complaint customer service calls, but I handle them well. The most enjoyable part of the job is receiving nice customer service calls.
Fun to work inside and cash
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONAugust 15, 2016
Lowes has a very fun atmosphere inside the building everyone is accepting, friendly and always willing to help out. Cash is a great place to start with lowes as a new employee or if you are freshly employed. Cash however is fast paced, but it helps make a long shift seem shorter.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Long hours, not enough employees covering a department
Overall Great Job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Stittsville, ONAugust 24, 2016
Lowes was a great experience and the people there were great. The management itself was not very good. A typical day at work would be me showing up, signing in and positioning myself at the cash. I would stay there all day helping out customers. Our store was quite busy most of the time so we never got bored and we were never just standing around. We always had something to do.
Excellent place to work
Department Manager Sales (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 9, 2016
Our days usually starts off with morning meeting and Lowes cheer.
Very professional enviroment , on-going learning modules which are both computer bases as well as practically hands-on experience.
Management is very co-operative and unbiased. A-lot of teaching and learning is part of everyday life . Co-workers very extremely friendly and helpful.
I see a great future with the expansion plan they have for the next 5 years in Canada.
Pros
Bonus structure, Management Support
Fun place to work for, feels like a family
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orleans, ONSeptember 19, 2016
Everyone is willing to help you, no matter what department. If you are interested in changing departments or even helping out in another department, management will arrange for training to help you grow in the store. Breaks are spaced out nicely. Not tiring when you have a 9hr shift
Pros
Everyone is helpful
Cons
Short staffed at times
Fun people to work with
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 12, 2016
Busy store especially summer.
Management is ok
Co-workers are great
Hardest part of the job is to deal with unfriendly customers
Most enjoyable part of the job is helping other people with their problems and needs
Cons
No recognition of hardwork, little chance of promotion and pay raise is very little, no benefits for peak associate
Lowes
Manager (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ONAugust 6, 2016
Very fast paced, high pressured environment. I often felt like a bomb defuser, often feeling the backlash of the explosions. Hours are all over the map from 5am to 11pm. It was challenging becoming comfortable with a schedule that changed so drastically
Pros
employees humble, opportunity for growth
Cons
inconsistent schduale, and company does not not stand behind the manager
gained merchandising experience
Merchandiser and Product Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 12, 2016
review tasks and projects that are work orders
complete tasks and submit information
maintain planogram integrity
perform service hours to maintain product and display integrity
drive heavy equipment to retrieve product and display units
remove and adjust steel according to planogram
Pros
mon-fri
Cons
HR integrity
Great place to work, advancement opportuinites don't exist yet.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONAugust 29, 2016
A great place to work and co-workers and management are helpful. I find that the company will help you and be there if you are going through any kind of stressful situation.
Pros
Will work around your schedule, allow flexibility
Cons
hours are limited as am only hired as a peak employee
Fiendly, family atmosphere
Cash Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ONJune 7, 2016
Lowe's provides a good work environment.
The staff and management treat you like a family.
My day starts very early , balancing daily receipts is a typical day for me .
The hardest part of my job is researching discrepancies in balancing the daily business.
I enjoy my job the most when everything balances.
Pros
Benefits and open door policy with human resources
Most Staff members Helpful
LEAD RECEIVER (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 28, 2016
The Job as a whole was easy.
Hours of operation and Holidays off was nice.
Good workers often overlooked for butt kissers.
No training even with repetitively asking for it.
Inefficient Store as a whole.
Pros
Good hours of operation work/home balance
Cons
Management Under trained and Unwilling to help
Not a really bad job but no consistencey
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABMay 6, 2016
Shift changed all the time. Short shifts of 4-6 hours each. Basically on call all the time to fill in for other people that didn't show up for work. Best part of job was dealing with customers. Learnt to process customers payments to their accounts and how to process their charge accounts.
Pros
The co-workers and customers
Cons
Having to clean the bathrooms.scrub floors, and empty garbage from staff room.
Productive and challenging
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONApril 24, 2016
Lowe's was always busy, my eight years at Lowe's I learned how to handle explosive situations with customers, Management was at times helpful but , rarely available when needed.Co-workers had been like a family ranging in age from 18-60. The hardest part of the job was trying to get managment to see what was going on with any concerns or questions , having the wrong people in the wrong posistions, doing what was good for them at the time . Not what was wright for the company . I enjoyed dealing with customers and staff no matter the situation I tried to make it fun.
Pros
Staff and Customers
Cons
No support
good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ONJuly 11, 2016
great company, fantastic to work there, very supportive, flexible with schedules, the hardest part of the job would've been learning where all the merchandise was, my co workers were fantastic people, still great friends with many of them. the most enjoyable part of my job were my co workers
Fun place to work
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONAugust 12, 2016
Lowe's is a fun place to work with a great discount program for their employees. Unfortunately it can be stressful at times when there are not enough employees to deal with all the customers
Pros
Discount Program
Cons
unguaranteed hours
productive and fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  abbotsfordAugust 5, 2016
I only had a few weeks to learn a complicated system enjoyed the job excellent co workers needed more time to learn a system that was new to me. Although many people had similar difficulties
Pros
nice enviorement
Cons
short time to learn the system