Lowe's Employee Reviews in Canada

very busy place
stocker receiver (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 18, 2016
very busy all the time receiving and stocking for next day

learn new tool for job

management ok

co-worker ok

hardest part is night shift

quiet and have music all night long in stores
Pros
people are ok
Cons
night shift
Gained necessary experience
Customer Service Associate/Lowes.ca Rep (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 9, 2016
gained the necessary experience to work in a fast pace setting. Was able to interact with all kinds of customers. enjoyed the diversity.
great place for students to work
Loader (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONMay 9, 2016
Lowe's always allowed you to be flexible with hours and would work around your availability. Lowe's is great for students who need to work full time during the summer and can work part time during the school year.
Pros
flexibale hours
Cons
sensonal adjustments
Not a really bad job but no consistencey
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABMay 6, 2016
Shift changed all the time. Short shifts of 4-6 hours each. Basically on call all the time to fill in for other people that didn't show up for work. Best part of job was dealing with customers. Learnt to process customers payments to their accounts and how to process their charge accounts.
Pros
The co-workers and customers
Cons
Having to clean the bathrooms.scrub floors, and empty garbage from staff room.
It was "okay" at best...
Customer Service Associate in Lumber (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONMay 2, 2016
I learned a lot of different things, that's for sure. Too many to list. Co-workers were really cool and all very different/interesting, as well as friendly. Some worse than others for sure, but what can you expect with 100 some odd employees for the building. Management was one of the worst things I think... A couple managers were really laid back, easy going, and good to get along with. Others, not so much. Blunt, short tempered, impatient, impractical, unrealistic, etc.. Customers were hit and miss but most of them friendly and appreciative that you've helped them, etc. I worked in the lumber department for almost a year and it was most of the time enjoyable, busy, and time flew by. Was fork-lifting most of the time and if not on that, I was cutting wood, drywall, selling product, helping customers plan projects, load materials, and so on. Worst part about the job..? Most of the positions there are what's called "Peak Full-Time", which is newer to Lowes apparently. This position sits you at a maximum of 39 hours a week and a minimum of... Anywhere really, 20ish maybe? Mostly only when it's slow. But with the 39 hours however, this makes it so you're not quite eligible for their benefits package, and also easily disposable. Apparently during the new-hire process we signed documents stating that with this "Peak Full-Time" gig, we could be let go at anytime without any notice. Even without any viable cause or logical reasoning; which was what happened to me and some of my friends/co-workers. Literally no reason at all but as I was working along one day, I was all of a sudden  more... let go, so... Wasn't too thrilled about that! Everything was going good and I was receiving a shipment of lumber off a transport, then poof, called into the main office, and laid off. So ultimately... Beware and be warned. Sneaky..  less
Pros
Free lunches every now and then, satisfying job, etc
Cons
Bizarre shifts, unrealistic managers, and sketchy fine-print details
perfect
Lumper and order picker (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON Mississauga ONMay 1, 2016
speechless work environment. Everything i found there was awesome . All were doing with coopertion. Co workers are friendly. Lunch place was clean
Lowe's Canada
Commercial Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONApril 25, 2016
One and one with contractors. I learned patients is a good quality. Customer Service and being a team player. With Support from management work productivity goes a long way.
Pros
Meet new people/clients
Cons
out of stock on products
Productive and challenging
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONApril 24, 2016
Lowe's was always busy, my eight years at Lowe's I learned how to handle explosive situations with customers, Management was at times helpful but , rarely available when needed.Co-workers had been like a family ranging in age from 18-60. The hardest part of the job was trying to get managment to see what was going on with any concerns or questions , having the wrong people in the wrong posistions, doing what was good for them at the time . Not what was wright for the company . I enjoyed dealing with customers and staff no matter the situation I tried to make it fun.
Pros
Staff and Customers
Cons
No support
A cooperative work environment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONApril 18, 2016
I loved the staff I worked with, however the management was unapproachable, uncooperative and was never willing to compromise.
Pros
My friends
Amazing
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 14, 2016
Amazing company, would recommend to anybody. Hard working people and committed staff all the time. Spent an amazing year in this company.
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
work in lumber @ building materials.good place to work but not enough employees to look after customers properly
customer sevice lumber (Current Employee) –  belleville ont.April 12, 2016
greet customers ask if you can help them find any products.co-workers great. if we need assistance our department manager is always available for assitant
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
poor wages
Good work place and wonderful co-workers
Night Associate (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ONApril 11, 2016
Great job with wonderful co-workers and lots of hours. Accommodating with schedule when needed.
However, don't offer full time positions with benefits often.
productive and fun workplace
Cashier and Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONApril 7, 2016
very communicative environment with the customers and the other employees. Although the hours were long the alternation between cash, loader, and customer service.
Pros
discounts on in store merchandise
Cons
long shifts of straight standing
Fun workplace
VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCES (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 6, 2016
I really enjoy working at Lowes but right now they have been cutting hours and i am looking for another job so I can start my college as well
Pros
Amazing people, fun environment
Cons
less hours
five star
Ability to lead plumbing (Former Employee) –  130ave cagaryMarch 25, 2016
Very good co. to work for always interesting with new produce almost every day Learned a lot about different plumbing supplies and management was great. there was no hard part to this job and was a enjoyment to work there
Pros
learning experience
Cons
no cons
Good place to work.
Unload Associate (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONMarch 24, 2016
All of the employee were great people to work with and was a great experience. the hardest part was unloading the trucks and they were packed stupid and kept falling.
Pros
Great enviroment
Cons
Run out of work when not busy
Customer sales associate
Millwork CSA (Current Employee) –  Ancaster, ONMarch 24, 2016
the co-workers are the bast part of the job because they keep the friendly flow of work coming and are all generally great people to work with
-Challenging and stimulating
Customer Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 23, 2016
-spent majority of day helping customers find certain products, gave quotes, picked orders or general cleaning
-Lowes has taught me to work by myself with no supervision for long periods of time as well as working with fellow lowes associates
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONMarch 21, 2016
Management kept people happy, listened to concerns and did they're best to fix/accommodate. Stable hours, and if your willing they'll offer even more.
Easy going and enjoyable environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONMarch 15, 2016
Customer service, helped check out customers ,cash and card transactions. Helped customers apply for credit card. Cleaned cash tills.
Pros
good hours, good coworkers
Cons
Help from supervisors/managers when needed