Lowe's
6,660 reviews

Lowe's Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
I worked with a great team.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONOctober 28, 2014
Pros: positive team
Cons: extremely long hours
I was in charge of store financials and services. Enjoyed working with my team, grew as a leader.
FUN PLACE
Freight Team Associate (Former Employee), TORONTO,ONOctober 27, 2014
Pros: free lunche
Cons: good hrs
GOOD PLACE TOO WORK,AND GOOD CO-WORKERS.....MOST ENJOYABLE,AND GOOD MANAGEMENT...THANKS
Good place for entry level employee
Sales Specialist (Current Employee), Brantford, ONOctober 14, 2014
Pros: good co - workers
Cons: management issues
This was a great place to work and a typical day was assisting commercial customer with their needs and requirements for their own business project. Great co-workers for the most part and enjoyed working with them as I am a team player. The hardest pasrt of the job was being unable to satisfy all the needs of my customers because of lack of comittment – more... from other employees and management. The best part of the job was seeing a satified customer leave the store because of the passion I had for customer service. – less
Rollerblades
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, OntOctober 12, 2014
Cons: long hours
Working at Lowes is a very challenging. You work so hard and don't get appreciated by the management team, instead they hold your potential in growing with the company. They don't understand your personal life and its a very stressful atmosphere to work in.
Productive and Fun Environment to work In
Customer Sales Associate (Current Employee), VaughanOctober 9, 2014
- Everyone is very nice to work with
- teamwork is a must there
- everyone works together
- all the managers take your opinions into consideration
- love being with the customers and the employees
- hated being understaffed
Welcoming workplace with a lot of help available
Cashier (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONOctober 8, 2014
Learned excellent customer service, management was great and welcoming, co-workers were helpful and friendly. Hardest part was on the spot problem solving. Enjoyable job because you're always talking to someone.
Good Experience
Cashier/Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: nice co-workers
Cons: long hours
Nice co-workers, very friendly and helpful.
Fast pace work environment.
Gain a lot of great skills.
Good work environment
Receiving (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 17, 2014
Great place to work, a very big team in every store. If any problems occur there is always management and HR to assist you and help you get through them.
Lowe's is a good company to work for
Commercial Sales Specialist (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: good staff and management team good working conditions
Lowe's offer good staff, good wages, and a good working environment
Great place to work for 5 of my 6 years
Department Manager (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONSeptember 12, 2014
Initially Lowe's was a great company to work for. I was promoted quickly to the department manger role. How ever. the opportunity for further advancement went away with company restructuring and eventually my Lowe's career coming to an end when I was given a severance package that I had to take.
skills
James snow park way, Forklift operator (Former Employee), miltonSeptember 9, 2014
Work Experience:

• Experience in the work orders stock .
• Experience in follow stocks and suppliers product.
• Experience in retail account in blue body warehouse.
• Experience supervisor warehouse in metro .
• Experience in picking and loading un loading in ware house ..
• Experience in monitor stocks and arranging stocks and boxes in the pallet – more... .
• Experience in word and excel and data entry skills in use windows .
• Experience in drive forklift counter balance.
• Experience in replenishment and data entry . – less
Fun Place to work
Customer Service Desk (Former Employee), NiagaraSeptember 5, 2014
Fun Place to work at, no pressure. Managers are helpful and are understanding. People working there is fun.
DEPARTMENT MANAGER (Current Employee), Brampton, ONAugust 1, 2014
Good place to work, Learned a lot about Housing and renovations while working here. Gave me the ability to lead a large team and support from management was great.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 28, 2014
As a Night Stocker
Receiver / Stocker (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 23, 2014
I learned how to work with others as a team. Whoever finishes first helps the other person. I love to work for this company but I can't meet my family financial things with this salary.
Positive environment with great management and co-workers.
Head Cashier (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONJuly 21, 2014
Pros: flexible scheduling, great associates and management, positive work experience.
Lowe's is an absolutely incredible environment to work in. Their values include creating open positive spaces for both employees and customers. I really enjoyed partaking in the initiative to enhance sales and to provide outstanding customer service to ensure returning customers. A typical day as a head cashier would be to assign cashiers to their duties – more... and create the break schedule in the morning. I would clean the whole front end due to minimal customers between the hours of 6-10 AM. Once I was finished writing the schedule and cleaning, I would create a list of duties for the front end loaders to split amongst themselves for the day. Our rush at the front end would normally begin around 10:15 AM where I would stand on the mat and supervise cashiers and make myself available to assist cashiers and customer service associates. I would answer employee and customer questions, give discounts to customers and help with any technical difficulties. I would be responsible for online orders as well as phone orders and making sure that the front end runs as smoothly as possible. I would assist in loss prevention, by ensuring that big-ticket items have been paid for and deactivated. I was responsible for managing the front end activities by proactively visiting customer service, returns desk, front line registers, commercial registers, lawn and garden registers, vestibules and parking areas. I would provide direction and support to associates. I would help to ensure customer service needs are met at all times. I was also responsible for responding to all customer and employee generated EAS alarm activations. I would greet and acknowledge customers in a friendly, professional manner and I would provide quick responsive service to maximize the customer s shopping experience. I would coach cashiers in providing great customer service.
I essentially learned how to become an effective leader and how to speak with associates and customers in a way that is sensitive to each persons different needs. I learned patience and how to listen carefully to customers. Something very memorable about my work experience at Lowe's would be the associates energy change once I came into work. I really enjoyed making a difference in peoples days just by my positive energy and willingness to listen to any issues and providing insight and advice to become better associates for the company.
Management was amazing, each member of management was proactive and all had different strengths and weaknesses. I liked the open door policy and it really felt like we were a family team all attempting to achieve the same goals of providing excellent customer service. The hardest part of my job was leaving Lowe's. I left to pursue further opportunities although I will always remember the positive working experience that I have gained along with the skills and knowledge. – less
Excellent workplace
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 9, 2014
I had fun .............everyday. Especially the people working in Marketing Department was awesome
typical day
Plumbing associate, Night shift stocker (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 2, 2014
Since as i currently work nightshifts i would have to say thats one of the hardest parts. I am order picker as well as reach truck trained i do mostly the big boxing top stocking, throwing up pallets also bringing them down.
An upbeat job where I am always learning.
Cash Office Associate/ Head Cashier (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, ONJuly 2, 2014
I enjoy my job currently mostly because its so hectic. I like to be busy all the time. I work closely along side management who is always asking me to do extra tasks, which I enjoy. I support the front end by being there for them if they have questions regarding how to deal with a customer. I also work in the cash office where I am responsible for getting – more... the day started with new registers and then following with the daily business folder for the day. I love the people I work with and that's mostly why I've been there for so long, we're all a great team and more like friends than coworkers. – less
Productive workplace
Team Member/Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJune 29, 2014
Pros: occassional staff lunches
Cons: random schedules
During my tenure with Lowe's I learned time management as variables will always come up more often than not those variables being customers.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with good people, the worst part of job was working with some not so great people such is the nature of retail.

Management was organized and equipped with how to – more... deal with situations that arose.

A typical days work was spent talking to customers about their needs as well as restocking and cleaning the department I was situated within. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Lowe's

No longer a low-profile company, Lowe's Companies has evolved from a regional hardware store operator into a nationwide chain – Read more