Lowe's

Lowe's Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
decent place to work
Night crew (Current Employee), London, ONJuly 1, 2015
Co-workers are fun to work with but comunication with managment is poor. A night shift is stocking and top stocking product that came from the dilivery trucks. All product must be cleared out of receiving and in their home or put up in top stock.
Great team environment
Loader Operator (Former Employee), Burlington, ONJune 29, 2015
Pros: great team environment, very welcoming to any employee
Cons: not enough hours offered at the moment
Great atmosphere to work in. would load/unload, gather deliveries, package merchandise, bring stock onto sales floor, etc.
productive, busy, good social environment
Flooring Sales Associate (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJune 29, 2015
Its a busy but productive environment, management is decent, co-workers are very positive, but lowes is a fast paced job that does require alot of social interaction with customers, but is flexible to an extent.
Company that will just throw you away
Loader/ yard marshall (Former Employee), Milton RDCJune 29, 2015
Good workplace with amazing supervisors who got your back no matter what, BUT corrupt upper management and HR..

less than 2 weeks away from full time employment, i get harassed by a fellow worker, then they do a shady investigation and fire me. This is the kind of company where you have to watch who you work with and who you talk to, cause they will fire you wrongfully and toss you under the bus...

American companies..... All i have to say
Safe and good Customer service focused goals
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Cambridge ONJune 10, 2015
Pros: good co-workers
Cons: short staffed on occasion
The main focus is customer service. Without the customer we wouldn't have a job. A lot of tasking and resetting of merchandise to correspond with the changing flyer every week. Good management team and good co-workers. I'm always trying to improve my customer service skills, getting better at solving the customers problems quickly.
Great atmosphere and co-workers
customer service associate (Current Employee), Windsor, ONMay 26, 2015
Pros: Free lunches some times, good atmosphere, great people
Lowe's is a great place to work there is potential to move to different positions, and room for some growth. The management is good to work with and is always willing to listen. Work days mainly include helping customers and re-stocking store shelves, but for me it also includes managing employees, and attending to urgent matters. Co-workers at Lowe's are great everyone has a good attitude and come willing to work on a daily basis. The hardest part of the job for me is trying to get everything that needs to be done, done, because of how busy the store can get even with a good work ethic it is still very challenging some days.
Great workplace but there is no room to move up
Sales Specialist and Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONMay 20, 2015
I had figured with my vast experience within the plumbing industry that I would move up to a managerial position, but I was quickly corrected and found that this company is a future road block.
Customer Service Associate
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Brampton, OntarioMay 6, 2015
Assist customers in finding the right building materials for their housing needs. I learned about customer service and managing time and cleaniness throughout the job. The co-workers were really friendly and supportive.
Lowes
Electrical & Plumbing Sales Specialist (Former Employee), edmonton manningMay 5, 2015
Lowes i what you expect tons of costomers and overwhelming at times but really frustrating when managers cant hold there own i helped building the place. I enjoyed it at times but had to move on
very productive....and educational job
general labour (Former Employee), Milton, ONApril 22, 2015
Pros: the schedulle maybe too early
Cons: maybe long hours
very good job....nice people...net bulding..nice cooworkers a typical day of work..is wake aup very early....then in the plant all days we have a meeting...private things....then star to scaner boxes an make skids...then help other people to unload trailers...
Easy going
Freight (Current Employee), Hamilton, OntarioMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Friendly atmosphere
Cons: Not busy enough
Easy going place to work in. Friendly co-workers and open minded management.
Best part of working there is the people.
The hardest part for myself is finding enough work to keep me busy for the full shift.
Great place to network
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 23, 2015
Great place to learn about office furniture installation. Excellent place to meet different types of contractors and expanding network.
Great Place to work
Department Manager (Current Employee), Cambridge, ONFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: flexible work hours
Cons: walking on concrete all day
Our employees enjoy going to work. We all work to the advantage of a spectacular shopping experience for our contractors and DIY customers.
just want to enjoy my job and who and where I do my job for.
cashier (Current Employee), Belleville, ONFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: benefits for part time staff
Cons: negative feedback from staff, much unhappiness in the workplace overall.
most enjoyable for the first 5 yrs. of my 6 yr.employment, but with changes in management come many changes across the whole store and not always necessarily for the better. Store morale is very low and I feel it is time for me to go. I love working with the public and strive to be the best customer service associate possible, and have received 2 certificates of recognition for outstanding customer service from the President of Lowe's Canada.
productive work place
RECIEVER /NIGHT STOCKER (Current Employee), Milton, ONFebruary 3, 2015
Most of the time we get lots of product to overstock that we have to create space accordingly.
This Job helped me to be organize and be more effective at work.
Pretty clean and safe place to work.
Everyone is helpful and hard worker there.
Producctive and energenic retail environment
Building Materials/Lumber Associate (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, ONJanuary 13, 2015
Each day at Lowe's proves to be an experience in managing tasks and customer service relations.
The magnitude of customers personal needs is matched only by the magnitude of recovery that is needed with inventory and material, cleanliness, and general tasks as per management.
As a licensed Power Equipment Operator I am frequently required to perform tasks in other departments.
Bad Management
Part-time Cashier (Former Employee), Belleville, OntarioDecember 19, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: minimal training, careless management, immature co-workers, harassment from co-workers
Your first month as a cashier will be pretty awesome. The other cashiers are nice and helpful when you have questions. The system is honestly the best I have ever dealt with. BUT after that first month generally everyone will expect you to know everything even if you only have 3 days of training (working on the same till as someone watching them do transactions) after that "training" you are pretty much on your own and its pathetic. The majority of the other employees will start to get mad at you if you don't know how to do things, which will be likely because the training is horrible here.
Don't be surprised if the Managers and Head Cashiers get you in trouble for doing something wrong when you didn't know how to do it in the first place and there was no one around to help. The whole management staff couldn't care about you because "everyone is replaceable". So just be prepared to get yelled at by customers, fellow employees, and every other possible person in the store for $11.73 an hour. Gook Luck!
great place to work...
Department Manager (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 10, 2014
great place to work...lots of growth opportunity...wide range of product...lots of learning opportunity....very steady management...
Retail
Sales Associate/Retail (Current Employee), Cambridge, OntarioDecember 8, 2014
Pros: great people, good envirnoment
Lowe's has a great environment to promote great sales to our competition and our community. They ensure that we give great customer experience, and ensure that you'll get what your looking for. The energy in this is workplace is high like in any retail experience. My typical day revolves around, promoting sales, giving customer tips and personal experience about items and equipment, stocking equipment, and making sure we help anyone to the best of our knowledge. One of the hardest areas of this job, is ensuring that you help everyone, but sometime the demand of customers is more then our staff can handle, which can make obstacles. However, by following up on a customer and ensuring they had excellent customer experience, and happy with what they purchased, is the most enjoyable part.
I worked with a great team.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONOctober 28, 2014
Pros: positive team
Cons: extremely long hours
I was in charge of store financials and services. Enjoyed working with my team, grew as a leader.

1 2 3 4 5

About Lowe's

No longer a low-profile company, Lowe's Companies has evolved from a regional hardware store operator into a nationwide chain – Read more