Lowe's Employee Reviews in Canada

Very nice staff, too much Managment
Forklift Operator/Order Picker/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONJuly 14, 2016
I worked in the warehouse which was very fun but had to deal with 5 different managers who all had a different opinion on how to do things which got complicated. Hours fluctuated constantly and also got very confusing. My last month i was told that me and 3 others are being terminated and were not offered another position. I was there for only a year but the 3 others had been there for 3 and 4 years, we all had all the licenses for heavy equipment in the store and were very valuable to the store.
Pros
One free lunch
Cons
Random shifts, odd hours, suddenly terminated with no warning
Excellent place to work
Department Manager Sales (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 9, 2016
Our days usually starts off with morning meeting and Lowes cheer.
Very professional enviroment , on-going learning modules which are both computer bases as well as practically hands-on experience.
Management is very co-operative and unbiased. A-lot of teaching and learning is part of everyday life . Co-workers very extremely friendly and helpful.
I see a great future with the expansion plan they have for the next 5 years in Canada.
Pros
Bonus structure, Management Support
good people to work with
Cash office Clerk/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Yonge and SheppardJuly 11, 2016
I answer customer service calls, greet visitors, manage calendar, accept deliveries, send out packages, check and answer main email address. My manager is a great person to work for. My co-workers are all very nice. The hardest part of the job are the complaint customer service calls, but I handle them well. The most enjoyable part of the job is receiving nice customer service calls.
Not a really bad job but no consistencey
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABMay 6, 2016
Shift changed all the time. Short shifts of 4-6 hours each. Basically on call all the time to fill in for other people that didn't show up for work. Best part of job was dealing with customers. Learnt to process customers payments to their accounts and how to process their charge accounts.
Pros
The co-workers and customers
Cons
Having to clean the bathrooms.scrub floors, and empty garbage from staff room.
Productive and challenging
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONApril 24, 2016
Lowe's was always busy, my eight years at Lowe's I learned how to handle explosive situations with customers, Management was at times helpful but , rarely available when needed.Co-workers had been like a family ranging in age from 18-60. The hardest part of the job was trying to get managment to see what was going on with any concerns or questions , having the wrong people in the wrong posistions, doing what was good for them at the time . Not what was wright for the company . I enjoyed dealing with customers and staff no matter the situation I tried to make it fun.
Pros
Staff and Customers
Cons
No support
gained merchandising experience
Merchandiser and Product Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 12, 2016
review tasks and projects that are work orders
complete tasks and submit information
maintain planogram integrity
perform service hours to maintain product and display integrity
drive heavy equipment to retrieve product and display units
remove and adjust steel according to planogram
Pros
mon-fri
Cons
HR integrity
Fiendly, family atmosphere
Cash Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ONJune 7, 2016
Lowe's provides a good work environment.
The staff and management treat you like a family.
My day starts very early , balancing daily receipts is a typical day for me .
The hardest part of my job is researching discrepancies in balancing the daily business.
I enjoy my job the most when everything balances.
Pros
Benefits and open door policy with human resources
Friendly and fun work environment
Cashier/Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  1604 the QueenswayMarch 8, 2016
Lowe's prides itself on being one the most well-organized home improvement stores worldwide. The staff are friendly, well-trained, and eager to assist customers. A typical day at Lowe's is busy, but exciting being able to meet and greet so many great customers. It is easy to build customer relationships at Lowe's due to the fact that their customer base is extremely loyal, and an example would be contractors that come in almost everyday.
Would not recommend
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONMarch 12, 2016
No job security, highly overworked with little to no recognition. No adherence to HR policies, nor to PIPEDA legislation. Fire at will, no consideration to bullying, overwork, and little to no support from upper management with customers or peak busy times.
Pros
customers, learning
Cons
unpredictable work hours, overworked, poor management
good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ONJuly 11, 2016
great company, fantastic to work there, very supportive, flexible with schedules, the hardest part of the job would've been learning where all the merchandise was, my co workers were fantastic people, still great friends with many of them. the most enjoyable part of my job were my co workers
work in lumber @ building materials.good place to work but not enough employees to look after customers properly
customer sevice lumber (Current Employee) –  belleville ont.April 12, 2016
greet customers ask if you can help them find any products.co-workers great. if we need assistance our department manager is always available for assitant
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
poor wages
Gets You What you Need
Night Manager/Associate (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONFebruary 2, 2016
The environment is one in which routine is imperative.
You must fit in that doesn't mean conform, it is important to your future that you quickly establish what you want and whether those needs align.
Very busy very hectic and of course it's retail so conditions can change at moments notice.
The hardest part of the job is just getting everything done, it is never finished exactly to someone's standards.
The most satisfying is a customer telling you that your help has given them exactly what they need.
Pros
Predictable
Cons
Many hands in the cookie jar
productive and fun workplace
Cashier and Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONApril 7, 2016
very communicative environment with the customers and the other employees. Although the hours were long the alternation between cash, loader, and customer service.
Pros
discounts on in store merchandise
Cons
long shifts of straight standing
Vindictive Self-serving Users
CSA (Former Employee) –  Windsor Ontario CanadaJanuary 22, 2016
This company will chew you up and spit you out. There is a complete lack of respect for hard workers and zero recognition for those that make the difference. The only way to get anywhere with this company is to stroke the egos of those above you. Exact opposite of what they tell you. Favouritism runs rampant at Lowes and if you doubt this simply pop in to your local Lowes store and ask a few of the customer service associates (if they dare be brave enough to tell the truth) They are extremely biased and rule with a very high handed technique. Beware of this company. I know many top dogs here and they are all very sneaky deceptive and regularly put on a total façade. Don't say I didn't warn you.
great place for students to work
Loader (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONMay 9, 2016
Lowe's always allowed you to be flexible with hours and would work around your availability. Lowe's is great for students who need to work full time during the summer and can work part time during the school year.
Pros
flexibale hours
Cons
sensonal adjustments
Opportunity for Growth
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 20, 2016
Having 10 years of retail under my belt, I thought I knew it all. Starting my employment with Lowes I am amazed on all the opportunity this company has to offer their employees.

I am so proud to be part of a company that has potential growth and the support of management is overwhelming. My learning of their way has been a ride of thrill and I look forward to really learning how this company grow.

Thank you Lowes for making me a part of your company.
lowe's review
Unloader/Loader (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 29, 2016
A typical day at work is a busy day that consists of many many things. I am a person that likes to work at a very good pace so time could move effectively and efficiently. I do more than what I am supposed to do, as I know how to operate many aspects at Lowe's. Managers are very friendly towards me as I am to them. I adhere to all tasks that I am assigned to, and if I can I will do other tasks to pass time. I am very talkative and friendly towards my co-workers. Almost every worker at Lowe's at the location at work at knows who I am and always greets me with a smile, as I do the same. As I work 2 jobs and go to post secondary, the hardest part of the job is to be "punctual". I am always on time for work, but there are times when I leave 30 mins to an hour early so I could catch up on school work or get to bed on time so I could wake up at 5am in the morning to go to my morning workplace. There are many things to enjoy about working at Lowe's. My most enjoyable part is helping customers that are very friendly and I love my co-workers.
Great customers, great staff!
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJanuary 15, 2016
It's great working in an environment where you can garner a customers' trust in quality products and loyalty. Seeing familiar faces is as exciting as meeting the new people. There are slow days and there are crazy days but there is always something to do and it is always enjoyable. You definitely learn to multi-task if you didn't possess the skill already! The most enjoyable part of the job is working with my coworkers honestly. The most difficult part of any customer service based industry I think is dealing with upset customers who we are unable to satisfy for one reason or another.
All in all, Lowe's is actually a really great place to work for personal growth and development.
Rdc
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Milton, ONJanuary 15, 2016
Lowe's hires ANYONE! They mass hire, and wait for people to drop off. Human Resources WILL lie to you. They will tell you what you want to hear if they want you. Management teams are garbage. They are like chain gang officers. They walk or ride around in a golf cart and critique. Lots of favourtism and cliquey atmosphere. The actual team members are great people just needing to feed families. Lowe's may have taken over Target leases, however if they don't shape up... they will be out just as quick as Target was.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
Management incompetence
good part-time job
Sales Associate, (Current Employee) –  Orleans, ONFebruary 23, 2016
Can be a good place to work for anyone looking for part-time work. Not a lot of training given which can make certain tasks intimidating. Co workers are the best part of the job. There are a lot of managers it can be confusing who you should listen to and job expectations are not very clear. Pay is bad for what you're doing.