Lowe's Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work
night time merchandizer (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONSeptember 24, 2016
Always lots to do new items coming into store all the time. Co-workers are great to work with everyone pitches in and helps others. Great team man ship a feeling of family !!!!! The hardest part of the job is the hours its 10pm till 7am the most enjoyable part of the job is I can get what I need for my home at a reasonable cost plus an employee discount oh and there are great health benifits too !!!!
not fun, lots of work but no life
Driver/Labourer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 20, 2016
good foro people without families, culture is okay, but there are definatly better places to work...........................................................
Fun place to work for, feels like a family
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orleans, ONSeptember 19, 2016
Everyone is willing to help you, no matter what department. If you are interested in changing departments or even helping out in another department, management will arrange for training to help you grow in the store. Breaks are spaced out nicely. Not tiring when you have a 9hr shift
Pros
Everyone is helpful
Cons
Short staffed at times
A new store with new store issues.
Night Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BCSeptember 15, 2016
The staff was great. Management still had a lot to learn about expectations put upon staff in regards to opening a new store and planning for item location in advance of nightly reception.
Great place to work, advancement opportuinites don't exist yet.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONAugust 29, 2016
A great place to work and co-workers and management are helpful. I find that the company will help you and be there if you are going through any kind of stressful situation.
Pros
Will work around your schedule, allow flexibility
Cons
hours are limited as am only hired as a peak employee
Most Staff members Helpful
LEAD RECEIVER (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 28, 2016
The Job as a whole was easy.
Hours of operation and Holidays off was nice.
Good workers often overlooked for butt kissers.
No training even with repetitively asking for it.
Inefficient Store as a whole.
Pros
Good hours of operation work/home balance
Cons
Management Under trained and Unwilling to help
Overall Great Job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Stittsville, ONAugust 24, 2016
Lowes was a great experience and the people there were great. The management itself was not very good. A typical day at work would be me showing up, signing in and positioning myself at the cash. I would stay there all day helping out customers. Our store was quite busy most of the time so we never got bored and we were never just standing around. We always had something to do.
Great place to work with very friendly clientele
Client services associate (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ONAugust 16, 2016
For an organized and detail oriented person such as myself, Lowes allowed me to prepare for further employment. I gained knowledge on not only the product within the store but valuable communication and computer skills. My co-workers were very helpful, cooperative and made what would have been a very routine work experience very engaging.
Pros
Great co-workers.
Cons
No weekends off.
Great people
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONAugust 16, 2016
Stocking overnight, the management was good, though sometimes it could have been better then it was. A lot of that would have to do more so with working over night though. Co-workers were what got me through the night a lot of time, great friendly people. Hardest part of the job was the hours in combination with heavy lifting have having to stay alert and aware of your surroundings at all times.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Over night hours.
Fun to work inside and cash
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONAugust 15, 2016
Lowes has a very fun atmosphere inside the building everyone is accepting, friendly and always willing to help out. Cash is a great place to start with lowes as a new employee or if you are freshly employed. Cash however is fast paced, but it helps make a long shift seem shorter.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Long hours, not enough employees covering a department
Fun place to work
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONAugust 12, 2016
Lowe's is a fun place to work with a great discount program for their employees. Unfortunately it can be stressful at times when there are not enough employees to deal with all the customers
Pros
Discount Program
Cons
unguaranteed hours
Depend on your Manager
Lumber and Building Materials/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 12, 2016
If you have a Manager who will help out and Manage properly then it could be the greatest job in the world. If not its a depressing place to work.
Fun people to work with
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 12, 2016
Busy store especially summer.
Management is ok
Co-workers are great
Hardest part of the job is to deal with unfriendly customers
Most enjoyable part of the job is helping other people with their problems and needs
Cons
No recognition of hardwork, little chance of promotion and pay raise is very little, no benefits for peak associate
Productive, Easy to get the hang of it.
Night Stocker (Former Employee) –  1945 Barton st. SAugust 9, 2016
Overall experience was great, besides being night shift other then that the work wasn't it to heavy on you and you were able to work at your own paste.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Poor Management, worked you like a slave.
So much nepotism
PSA (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONAugust 8, 2016
Been there since the beginning from 2008 in windsor, no other jobs were around due to recession, and lucky for lowes there was recession because they would have lost most of the good workers alot sooner, now jobs are coming back to the the area, theyre starting to see a high turnover, anyway, upper management is useless, dm's are actually better and know more, management will stab you in the back in a heartbeat, nepotism is the biggest issue, unless you came over to lowes from the start from walmart or the grocery business you will be an outcast no matter how hard you work, they will tell you what you want to hear but never follow through, policies change on the fly without being informed, they lie about pay scale, so much more to list i can write a thesis on it. All in all dont work here its a dishonest and brutal company, they only care about profits/sales= thier bonuses, this job is really for students for the time they are in school, and for retirees or people who are about to retire, other than that if you are in your prime years dont waste your time with this bigot company
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Lowes
Manager (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ONAugust 6, 2016
Very fast paced, high pressured environment. I often felt like a bomb defuser, often feeling the backlash of the explosions. Hours are all over the map from 5am to 11pm. It was challenging becoming comfortable with a schedule that changed so drastically
Pros
employees humble, opportunity for growth
Cons
inconsistent schduale, and company does not not stand behind the manager
productive and fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  abbotsfordAugust 5, 2016
I only had a few weeks to learn a complicated system enjoyed the job excellent co workers needed more time to learn a system that was new to me. Although many people had similar difficulties
Pros
nice enviorement
Cons
short time to learn the system
Friendship over work ethic
Cahsier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 4, 2016
Working here is ok . But the issue is that at lowes friendship and preference is over really good hard working people. I would not recommend working for lowes in calgary.
Pros
Cons
Long hours and not getting recognize for good work
great place
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONJuly 14, 2016
I also enjoyed working for Lowe's. They are also a great place to work. Management and staff were great with customers and staff.
Very nice staff, too much Managment
Forklift Operator/Order Picker/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONJuly 14, 2016
I worked in the warehouse which was very fun but had to deal with 5 different managers who all had a different opinion on how to do things which got complicated. Hours fluctuated constantly and also got very confusing. My last month i was told that me and 3 others are being terminated and were not offered another position. I was there for only a year but the 3 others had been there for 3 and 4 years, we all had all the licenses for heavy equipment in the store and were very valuable to the store.
Pros
One free lunch
Cons
Random shifts, odd hours, suddenly terminated with no warning