Lowe's Employee Reviews

Fun people to work with
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 August 2016
Busy store especially summer.
Management is ok
Co-workers are great
Hardest part of the job is to deal with unfriendly customers
Most enjoyable part of the job is helping other people with their problems and needs
Cons
No recognition of hardwork, little chance of promotion and pay raise is very little, no benefits for peak associate
So much nepotism
PSA (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON8 August 2016
Been there since the beginning from 2008 in windsor, no other jobs were around due to recession, and lucky for lowes there was recession because they would have lost most of the good workers alot sooner, now jobs are coming back to the the area, theyre starting to see a high turnover, anyway, upper management is useless, dm's are actually better and know more, management will stab you in the back in a heartbeat, nepotism is the biggest issue, unless you came over to lowes from the start from walmart or the grocery business you will be an outcast no matter how hard you work, they will tell you what you want to hear but never follow through, policies change on the fly without being informed, they lie about pay scale, so much more to list i can write a thesis on it. All in all dont work here its a dishonest and brutal company, they only care about profits/sales= thier bonuses, this job is really for students for the time they are in school, and for retirees or people who are about to retire, other than that if you are in your prime years dont waste your time with this bigot company
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Incompetence Left, Right and Center
Customer Service Associate- Paint (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON4 July 2016
Are you under 30 and a male? If the answer is yes prepare to be abused.

As a male under 30, you will be expected to complete the work of 3-6 people, while other employees stand around giving you brainless smiles and otherwise being useless.

Get hurt doing such work, oh well, sorry for you. You're a part timer cause' we're to cheap to pay benefits, and we'll deny any claims made through workers' comp.

Aside from being a mule this is a company where the management knows less than the front line employees, yet this is the case at Lowe's.

You will be called into the office and disciplined for not asking enough questions, you begin asking more questions and your manager cannot answer as they themselves do not know.

ASM's are also a joke, many of them struggle to find the intelligence to walk and talk and the same time, let alone effectively manage

Finally Equipment is pathetic. Be prepared to have your equipment fail on a daily basis. Also be prepared either not to have your equipment fixed at all, or to have a half-hearted repair job done to it.

Do Yourself a Favour and Work Elsewhere
Pros
Some of the Co-workers
Cons
Cheap Cheap Cheap, Sexist Expectations, Zero Regard for Employees, Zero Advancement, Poor Wages, Won't give Full-Time (Too Cheap to pay Benefits)
Busy with friendly environment
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON19 October 2016
Very busy throughout the summer, Compact Sod has great management and has a very friendly work environment. A typical day includes sales through the phone, and staying on my toes knowing various promotions and answering assortments of questions from customers.
Productive place to work at
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON12 July 2016
Really good culture
Management is very cooperative
Co-workers were very fun to work with
Good experience dealing with customers
Pros
a lot of benefits
20 years of demonstrated experience in handling all administrative functions, Sales specialist and Department Manager
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON2 October 2016
My Past experience has given me great confidence to coordinate with team , coach them, motivate team. Share achievement, appreciate work well done and goals.

I like to work with them and let them feel they are most important members of the team always.

Pros
Commitment with works
Cons
If we need to work long hours, I want to make sure team are motivated and relax to giving good reslults
A dedicated, helpful Customer Service Representative with experience in the retail sectors.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 October 2016
During my typical workday, I am responsible for overseeing my teams.I check in and help them with any issues they may be having such as helping them to learn about a product, so they can help others. I keep in touch with clients, update them on our progress and make sure they are satisfied with the promotional materials. I learned a lot about our products at Lowe's and how to communicate with other customers and co-workers.
Fiendly, family atmosphere
Cash Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON7 June 2016
Lowe's provides a good work environment.
The staff and management treat you like a family.
My day starts very early , balancing daily receipts is a typical day for me .
The hardest part of my job is researching discrepancies in balancing the daily business.
I enjoy my job the most when everything balances.
Pros
Benefits and open door policy with human resources
Productive and fun place to work
night time merchandizer (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON24 September 2016
Always lots to do new items coming into store all the time. Co-workers are great to work with everyone pitches in and helps others. Great team man ship a feeling of family !!!!! The hardest part of the job is the hours its 10pm till 7am the most enjoyable part of the job is I can get what I need for my home at a reasonable cost plus an employee discount oh and there are great health benifits too !!!!
Great people
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON16 August 2016
Stocking overnight, the management was good, though sometimes it could have been better then it was. A lot of that would have to do more so with working over night though. Co-workers were what got me through the night a lot of time, great friendly people. Hardest part of the job was the hours in combination with heavy lifting have having to stay alert and aware of your surroundings at all times.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Over night hours.
this place sucks would never work there .
commercial sales specialist (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON16 November 2016
Uses people if its good for the company ,,then it work s but if you have a order going up god forbidden that uou siign in early i worked there 5 years and worked my butt

off and got kicked in the teeth, they don't even care when you did anything wrong that they just walk you , they lost
s
Pros
meet lots of people
Cons
management sucks
Overall Great Job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Stittsville, ON24 August 2016
Lowes was a great experience and the people there were great. The management itself was not very good. A typical day at work would be me showing up, signing in and positioning myself at the cash. I would stay there all day helping out customers. Our store was quite busy most of the time so we never got bored and we were never just standing around. We always had something to do.
Fun place to work for, feels like a family
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orleans, ON19 September 2016
Everyone is willing to help you, no matter what department. If you are interested in changing departments or even helping out in another department, management will arrange for training to help you grow in the store. Breaks are spaced out nicely. Not tiring when you have a 9hr shift
Pros
Everyone is helpful
Cons
Short staffed at times
Enjoyable work environment
Head Cashier/Sales Assciate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 November 2016
If you like dealing with a high volume customers, sales without commission or the repetitiveness then this is a job for you. Great company if you are looking to get into retail or looking to advance your retail career. Also an excellent job for students!
Pros
Fast paced, challenging
Cons
Sporadic hours
Great place to work, advancement opportuinites don't exist yet.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON29 August 2016
A great place to work and co-workers and management are helpful. I find that the company will help you and be there if you are going through any kind of stressful situation.
Pros
Will work around your schedule, allow flexibility
Cons
hours are limited as am only hired as a peak employee
Fun to work inside and cash
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON15 August 2016
Lowes has a very fun atmosphere inside the building everyone is accepting, friendly and always willing to help out. Cash is a great place to start with lowes as a new employee or if you are freshly employed. Cash however is fast paced, but it helps make a long shift seem shorter.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Long hours, not enough employees covering a department
Excellent place to work
Department Manager Sales (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 June 2016
Our days usually starts off with morning meeting and Lowes cheer.
Very professional enviroment , on-going learning modules which are both computer bases as well as practically hands-on experience.
Management is very co-operative and unbiased. A-lot of teaching and learning is part of everyday life . Co-workers very extremely friendly and helpful.
I see a great future with the expansion plan they have for the next 5 years in Canada.
Pros
Bonus structure, Management Support
Most Staff members Helpful
LEAD RECEIVER (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 August 2016
The Job as a whole was easy.
Hours of operation and Holidays off was nice.
Good workers often overlooked for butt kissers.
No training even with repetitively asking for it.
Inefficient Store as a whole.
Pros
Good hours of operation work/home balance
Cons
Management Under trained and Unwilling to help
Horrible Place to Work
Loader (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON19 October 2016
If you get offered a summer spot great you should take it but once the summer is over run and do it fast as soon as all the summer staff leave the place becomes a living nightmare for the regular staff
Pros
you get to go home at the end of the day
Cons
long hours minimal breaks
good people to work with
Stocker/Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON13 April 2016
I enjoyed most of my days at Lowe's. The people were very easy to get along with. But with all the change in such a short period in time the people were frustrated with upper management. I got let go when I was on stress leave which was not proper.
Pros
had fulltime with benefits
Cons
let me go without cause.