Lowe's Employee Reviews

Good company
Manager in Trainee (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 November 2016
Good company to work for with a friendly environment. It seems to be expanding therefore there's room for growth. Not really big on writing online review, hope this helps somebody.
setting up christmas in September !!
Product Service Associate, CSA (Current Employee) –  Orleans, ON22 November 2016
Working in retail, every year my co workers and I would have to set up christmas in late September early October. Many times we would have to work overnights (not our decision) but we always made the best of it and had a blast.
Enjoyable work environment
Head Cashier/Sales Assciate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 November 2016
If you like dealing with a high volume customers, sales without commission or the repetitiveness then this is a job for you. Great company if you are looking to get into retail or looking to advance your retail career. Also an excellent job for students!
Pros
Fast paced, challenging
Cons
Sporadic hours
i dont want to
overnight crew (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC19 November 2016
I don't want to. I am not doing this review by choice. the people that work their are nice. the management is really kind. mostly part time work however
Fun place to work, terrible higher managment
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON19 November 2016
While the managers at the department range were fantastic, the assistant store managers were not taking there job seriously and were not taking initiative in their work leading the rest of the store in a negative environment.
Pros
Great employess to work with
Cons
Twice the work due to miscommunication
this place sucks would never work there .
commercial sales specialist (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON16 November 2016
Uses people if its good for the company ,,then it work s but if you have a order going up god forbidden that uou siign in early i worked there 5 years and worked my butt

off and got kicked in the teeth, they don't even care when you did anything wrong that they just walk you , they lost
s
Pros
meet lots of people
Cons
management sucks
na
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 November 2016
Co workers was always great. Managing the cashiers was my first experience as a leader thus helping me to build my leaderships skills. The enjoyable part of my job is to get involved with clients everyday.
Decent work environment
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Queensway Gardens, ON9 November 2016
Typical day was very long and tiring. I learned how to persuade people to buy seasonal products. Improved my verbal skills. My manager was really tough.
fun place and productive
Front End -Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 October 2016
good environment to work in. good team work; understanding workers. organized management and safety first. Best place for customer service.
productive place to work
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON24 October 2016
Great place to work however lacks in pay. Management is pretty good and listens well to their employees. They have a number of policies in place to help engage their employees.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
not enough pay
Productive and Terrific
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON24 October 2016
My typical day at Lowes was 8-9 hours long, with a one hour lunch break and two 15 minute breaks. I would typically start off by cleaning the department and helping customers, than i would down-stock and prepare orders for customers, and at the end of the day I'd clean the department.
Horrible Place to Work
Loader (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON19 October 2016
If you get offered a summer spot great you should take it but once the summer is over run and do it fast as soon as all the summer staff leave the place becomes a living nightmare for the regular staff
Pros
you get to go home at the end of the day
Cons
long hours minimal breaks
Busy with friendly environment
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON19 October 2016
Very busy throughout the summer, Compact Sod has great management and has a very friendly work environment. A typical day includes sales through the phone, and staying on my toes knowing various promotions and answering assortments of questions from customers.
good job worked as a cashier for 4 months
Part time cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON5 October 2016
Started my position as a cashier in september 2015 and finishing around march 2016, worked as a cashier, customer service rep. My job would mostly involve cashing customers out, also cleaning up and loading furniture.
Pros
co workers
Cons
minimum wage pay
A dedicated, helpful Customer Service Representative with experience in the retail sectors.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 October 2016
During my typical workday, I am responsible for overseeing my teams.I check in and help them with any issues they may be having such as helping them to learn about a product, so they can help others. I keep in touch with clients, update them on our progress and make sure they are satisfied with the promotional materials. I learned a lot about our products at Lowe's and how to communicate with other customers and co-workers.
20 years of demonstrated experience in handling all administrative functions, Sales specialist and Department Manager
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON2 October 2016
My Past experience has given me great confidence to coordinate with team , coach them, motivate team. Share achievement, appreciate work well done and goals.

I like to work with them and let them feel they are most important members of the team always.

Pros
Commitment with works
Cons
If we need to work long hours, I want to make sure team are motivated and relax to giving good reslults
Great place to work and shop in the Home Improvement business.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON27 September 2016
Able to teach the associates merchandising.
Executing company directives with urgency.
Inspired the associates to enjoy the workplace through teamwork and with clear communication.
To offer the best customer service to all customers through all associates.
Made a positive difference in all kpi indicators which was reflected
in the sales, P and L,and most important, great service to the customer.
Pros
Empowered to apply my managerial background in new business.
Cons
Learning and knowing all the systems was a challenge.
Productive and fun place to work
night time merchandizer (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON24 September 2016
Always lots to do new items coming into store all the time. Co-workers are great to work with everyone pitches in and helps others. Great team man ship a feeling of family !!!!! The hardest part of the job is the hours its 10pm till 7am the most enjoyable part of the job is I can get what I need for my home at a reasonable cost plus an employee discount oh and there are great health benifits too !!!!
not fun, lots of work but no life
Driver/Labourer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 September 2016
good foro people without families, culture is okay, but there are definatly better places to work...........................................................
Fun place to work for, feels like a family
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orleans, ON19 September 2016
Everyone is willing to help you, no matter what department. If you are interested in changing departments or even helping out in another department, management will arrange for training to help you grow in the store. Breaks are spaced out nicely. Not tiring when you have a 9hr shift
Pros
Everyone is helpful
Cons
Short staffed at times