Lowe's
8,834 reviews

Lowe's Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Active and fun work place
Customer Service Specialist-Paint (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONAugust 25, 2015
Very diverse culture, people from every walks of life. Very friendly customers. Lots of managers to run the store and they are good listeners. Hard work but its rewarding and healthy.
Great working environment with amazing co-workers
Administrator (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 24, 2015
Lowe's is a great place to work, friendly and welcoming staff with supportive management. Working for Lowe's it is about the customer experience. I have learned to love what I do know mater the job path, while at Lowe's they have provided me with a lot of training and experience to excel in any career choice. A typical day for myself at Lowe's might be a little different then most, as I started as a cashier and worked my way up from there. I shortly moved from cashier to administrative office, special orders and Lowe's.ca. From there I was able to move to Full-time Paint and Home Decor Sales Associate. Now a Full-Time Outdoor Seasonal Associate. Although that is the label given to me I am always egar to help out any department, jumping on cash to going to grab an order from the back of receiving. At Lowe's I have been able to grow and am always challenged with new tasks everyday.
good enviroment to work in
Flooring sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Friendly enviroment
Cons: short hours, random shift scheduling.
It was a good place to work, but they didn't provide me with enough hours. They also only offered seasonal employment which means I only work during the summer.
Great working environment with even better people.
Sales Asscoiate (Current Employee), Kanata, ONAugust 7, 2015
Pros: Great coworkers
Cons: Fast pace enviroment
Upon arrival the people that I interacted with were great to talk to. The employees are incredibly welcoming, and are willing to teach you and help you. The only downfall that I have to give is that you are basically thrown onto the floor with little teaching about the products you are dealing with. You have to be good with learning on your feet, and be able to tell people that you don't know.
Sales Specialist (Kitchens) (Current Employee), New Westminster, BCAugust 5, 2015
Overall great place to work with fun staff and great job culture. Lots of room for advancement within the company. I enjoyed my position what what I had to do on a daily basis and had fun while doing my job.
poor management at the ASM level
Lumber associate, part time (Former Employee), Edmonton, west endAugust 2, 2015
Pros: staff, store manager
Cons: safety/loss prevention, ASM's
Overall I loved working for Lowes, West End. Store manager is great. Staff were also great to work with. However, the ASM's, for the most part have minimal people and leadership skills. In particular would be the loss prevention/safety manager. This individual consistently harasses and intimidates the female staff and members of the staff whose only income is Lowes. He has gone so far as to send a female employee up a ladder to clean fixtures while she was in a leg cast. He has a hate on for the military and has said, in front of anyone willing to listen, that he will get this person or that person. He has made one young lady cry and quit her job. These things are known by management but nothing is ever done to him. Since he has come to the west end location(from the south store) Lowes has lost some very good staff and the morale, that was once very high, is now gone. Lowes, at least in the West end, does not seem to care about their staff enough to fix the problems and would rather continually hire and retrain staff. Frustrating for those of us that care about Lowes and our jobs
decent place to work
Night crew (Current Employee), London, ONJuly 1, 2015
Co-workers are fun to work with but comunication with managment is poor. A night shift is stocking and top stocking product that came from the dilivery trucks. All product must be cleared out of receiving and in their home or put up in top stock.
Great team environment
Loader Operator (Former Employee), Burlington, ONJune 29, 2015
Pros: great team environment, very welcoming to any employee
Cons: not enough hours offered at the moment
Great atmosphere to work in. would load/unload, gather deliveries, package merchandise, bring stock onto sales floor, etc.
productive, busy, good social environment
Flooring Sales Associate (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJune 29, 2015
Its a busy but productive environment, management is decent, co-workers are very positive, but lowes is a fast paced job that does require alot of social interaction with customers, but is flexible to an extent.
Company that will just throw you away
Loader/ yard marshall (Former Employee), Milton RDCJune 29, 2015
Good workplace with amazing supervisors who got your back no matter what, BUT corrupt upper management and HR..

less than 2 weeks away from full time employment, i get harassed by a fellow worker, then they do a shady investigation and fire me. This is the kind of company where you have to watch who you work with and who you talk to, cause they will fire you wrongfully and toss you under the bus...

American companies..... All i have to say
Safe and good Customer service focused goals
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Cambridge ONJune 10, 2015
Pros: good co-workers
Cons: short staffed on occasion
The main focus is customer service. Without the customer we wouldn't have a job. A lot of tasking and resetting of merchandise to correspond with the changing flyer every week. Good management team and good co-workers. I'm always trying to improve my customer service skills, getting better at solving the customers problems quickly.
Great atmosphere and co-workers
customer service associate (Current Employee), Windsor, ONMay 26, 2015
Pros: Free lunches some times, good atmosphere, great people
Lowe's is a great place to work there is potential to move to different positions, and room for some growth. The management is good to work with and is always willing to listen. Work days mainly include helping customers and re-stocking store shelves, but for me it also includes managing employees, and attending to urgent matters. Co-workers at Lowe's are great everyone has a good attitude and come willing to work on a daily basis. The hardest part of the job for me is trying to get everything that needs to be done, done, because of how busy the store can get even with a good work ethic it is still very challenging some days.
Great workplace but there is no room to move up
Sales Specialist and Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONMay 20, 2015
I had figured with my vast experience within the plumbing industry that I would move up to a managerial position, but I was quickly corrected and found that this company is a future road block.
Customer Service Associate
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Brampton, OntarioMay 6, 2015
Assist customers in finding the right building materials for their housing needs. I learned about customer service and managing time and cleaniness throughout the job. The co-workers were really friendly and supportive.
Lowes
Electrical & Plumbing Sales Specialist (Former Employee), edmonton manningMay 5, 2015
Lowes i what you expect tons of costomers and overwhelming at times but really frustrating when managers cant hold there own i helped building the place. I enjoyed it at times but had to move on
very productive....and educational job
general labour (Former Employee), Milton, ONApril 22, 2015
Pros: the schedulle maybe too early
Cons: maybe long hours
very good job....nice people...net bulding..nice cooworkers a typical day of work..is wake aup very early....then in the plant all days we have a meeting...private things....then star to scaner boxes an make skids...then help other people to unload trailers...
Easy going
Freight (Current Employee), Hamilton, OntarioMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Friendly atmosphere
Cons: Not busy enough
Easy going place to work in. Friendly co-workers and open minded management.
Best part of working there is the people.
The hardest part for myself is finding enough work to keep me busy for the full shift.
Great place to network
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 23, 2015
Great place to learn about office furniture installation. Excellent place to meet different types of contractors and expanding network.
Great Place to work
Department Manager (Current Employee), Cambridge, ONFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: flexible work hours
Cons: walking on concrete all day
Our employees enjoy going to work. We all work to the advantage of a spectacular shopping experience for our contractors and DIY customers.
just want to enjoy my job and who and where I do my job for.
cashier (Current Employee), Belleville, ONFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: benefits for part time staff
Cons: negative feedback from staff, much unhappiness in the workplace overall.
most enjoyable for the first 5 yrs. of my 6 yr.employment, but with changes in management come many changes across the whole store and not always necessarily for the better. Store morale is very low and I feel it is time for me to go. I love working with the public and strive to be the best customer service associate possible, and have received 2 certificates of recognition for outstanding customer service from the President of Lowe's Canada.

1 2 3 4 5

About Lowe's

No longer a low-profile company, Lowe's Companies has evolved from a regional hardware store operator into a nationwide chain – Read more