Lowe's

Lowe's Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
very productive....and educational job
general labour (Former Employee), Milton, ONApril 22, 2015
Pros: the schedulle maybe too early
Cons: maybe long hours
very good job....nice people...net bulding..nice cooworkers a typical day of work..is wake aup very early....then in the plant all days we have a meeting...private things....then star to scaner boxes an make skids...then help other people to unload trailers...
Easy going
Freight (Current Employee), Hamilton, OntarioMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Friendly atmosphere
Cons: Not busy enough
Easy going place to work in. Friendly co-workers and open minded management.
Best part of working there is the people.
The hardest part for myself is finding enough work to keep me busy for the full shift.
Great place to network
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 23, 2015
Great place to learn about office furniture installation. Excellent place to meet different types of contractors and expanding network.
Great Place to work
Department Manager (Current Employee), Cambridge, ONFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: flexible work hours
Cons: walking on concrete all day
Our employees enjoy going to work. We all work to the advantage of a spectacular shopping experience for our contractors and DIY customers.
just want to enjoy my job and who and where I do my job for.
cashier (Current Employee), Belleville, ONFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: benefits for part time staff
Cons: negative feedback from staff, much unhappiness in the workplace overall.
most enjoyable for the first 5 yrs. of my 6 yr.employment, but with changes in management come many changes across the whole store and not always necessarily for the better. Store morale is very low and I feel it is time for me to go. I love working with the public and strive to be the best customer service associate possible, and have received 2 certificates of recognition for outstanding customer service from the President of Lowe's Canada.
productive work place
RECIEVER /NIGHT STOCKER (Current Employee), Milton, ONFebruary 3, 2015
Most of the time we get lots of product to overstock that we have to create space accordingly.
This Job helped me to be organize and be more effective at work.
Pretty clean and safe place to work.
Everyone is helpful and hard worker there.
Producctive and energenic retail environment
Building Materials/Lumber Associate (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, ONJanuary 13, 2015
Each day at Lowe's proves to be an experience in managing tasks and customer service relations.
The magnitude of customers personal needs is matched only by the magnitude of recovery that is needed with inventory and material, cleanliness, and general tasks as per management.
As a licensed Power Equipment Operator I am frequently required to perform tasks in other departments.
Bad Management
Part-time Cashier (Former Employee), Belleville, OntarioDecember 19, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: minimal training, careless management, immature co-workers, harassment from co-workers
Your first month as a cashier will be pretty awesome. The other cashiers are nice and helpful when you have questions. The system is honestly the best I have ever dealt with. BUT after that first month generally everyone will expect you to know everything even if you only have 3 days of training (working on the same till as someone watching them do transactions) after that "training" you are pretty much on your own and its pathetic. The majority of the other employees will start to get mad at you if you don't know how to do things, which will be likely because the training is horrible here.
Don't be surprised if the Managers and Head Cashiers get you in trouble for doing something wrong when you didn't know how to do it in the first place and there was no one around to help. The whole management staff couldn't care about you because "everyone is replaceable". So just be prepared to get yelled at by customers, fellow employees, and every other possible person in the store for $11.73 an hour. Gook Luck!
great place to work...
Department Manager (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 10, 2014
great place to work...lots of growth opportunity...wide range of product...lots of learning opportunity....very steady management...
Retail
Sales Associate/Retail (Current Employee), Cambridge, OntarioDecember 8, 2014
Pros: great people, good envirnoment
Lowe's has a great environment to promote great sales to our competition and our community. They ensure that we give great customer experience, and ensure that you'll get what your looking for. The energy in this is workplace is high like in any retail experience. My typical day revolves around, promoting sales, giving customer tips and personal experience about items and equipment, stocking equipment, and making sure we help anyone to the best of our knowledge. One of the hardest areas of this job, is ensuring that you help everyone, but sometime the demand of customers is more then our staff can handle, which can make obstacles. However, by following up on a customer and ensuring they had excellent customer experience, and happy with what they purchased, is the most enjoyable part.
I worked with a great team.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONOctober 28, 2014
Pros: positive team
Cons: extremely long hours
I was in charge of store financials and services. Enjoyed working with my team, grew as a leader.
FUN PLACE
Freight Team Associate (Former Employee), TORONTO,ONOctober 27, 2014
Pros: free lunche
Cons: good hrs
GOOD PLACE TOO WORK,AND GOOD CO-WORKERS.....MOST ENJOYABLE,AND GOOD MANAGEMENT...THANKS
Good place for entry level employee
Sales Specialist (Current Employee), Brantford, ONOctober 14, 2014
Pros: good co - workers
Cons: management issues
This was a great place to work and a typical day was assisting commercial customer with their needs and requirements for their own business project. Great co-workers for the most part and enjoyed working with them as I am a team player. The hardest pasrt of the job was being unable to satisfy all the needs of my customers because of lack of comittment from other employees and management. The best part of the job was seeing a satified customer leave the store because of the passion I had for customer service.
Rollerblades
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, OntOctober 12, 2014
Cons: long hours
Working at Lowes is a very challenging. You work so hard and don't get appreciated by the management team, instead they hold your potential in growing with the company. They don't understand your personal life and its a very stressful atmosphere to work in.
Productive and Fun Environment to work In
Customer Sales Associate (Current Employee), VaughanOctober 9, 2014
- Everyone is very nice to work with
- teamwork is a must there
- everyone works together
- all the managers take your opinions into consideration
- love being with the customers and the employees
- hated being understaffed
Welcoming workplace with a lot of help available
Cashier (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONOctober 8, 2014
Learned excellent customer service, management was great and welcoming, co-workers were helpful and friendly. Hardest part was on the spot problem solving. Enjoyable job because you're always talking to someone.
Good Experience
Cashier/Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: nice co-workers
Cons: long hours
Nice co-workers, very friendly and helpful.
Fast pace work environment.
Gain a lot of great skills.
Good work environment
Receiving (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 17, 2014
Great place to work, a very big team in every store. If any problems occur there is always management and HR to assist you and help you get through them.
Lowe's is a good company to work for
Commercial Sales Specialist (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: good staff and management team good working conditions
Lowe's offer good staff, good wages, and a good working environment
Great place to work for 5 of my 6 years
Department Manager (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONSeptember 12, 2014
Initially Lowe's was a great company to work for. I was promoted quickly to the department manger role. How ever. the opportunity for further advancement went away with company restructuring and eventually my Lowe's career coming to an end when I was given a severance package that I had to take.

1 2 3 4 5

About Lowe's

No longer a low-profile company, Lowe's Companies has evolved from a regional hardware store operator into a nationwide chain – Read more