Lowe's Employee Reviews

Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON20 February 2018
Running cash sales, as well as helping customers with directions around the store if needed. Good people, understanding of personal conditions, very family friendly.
Cons
Some long hours
Great Coworkers, Okay Managers.
Loader (Former Employee) –  Queensborough, BC19 February 2018
I really liked the coworkers I worked with. But a few managers seemed to be pretty aggressive from stories I have heard. Overall good place to work and would recommend for benefits.
Pros
Great Salary, Really Good Coworkers and Hours
Cons
Some Managers Not Good with Communication.
Management needs to be changed
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 February 2018
Management needs to be changed. Very poor at communicating with their employees. Not enough machine operators in store. Store is a mess, product placement is never correct either.
Work here if you wanna be a slave
Loader/Cashier/Stocker (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON13 February 2018
These people will work you till you bleed if you can. Avoid this place. Management is terrible, they have no regard or respect for the position that you were hired in and have no problem working you for minimum wage.
Great Actors
Sales Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON13 February 2018
Management does a wonderful job of ensuring all employees hear what they want to hear, regardless of how factual it may be. In low season, when the store is quiet, they'll tell you hours are getting significantly cut due to low store traffic, while also hosting job fairs and "National Hiring Day" at the same time, while also promising you your hours will start to increase now.

The vast majority of staff have devoted their life to retail so management puts them over anybody who is just looking to make some money while pursuing a different career path, regardless of how long you've been working there. I often found managers didn't communicate between themselves and consistency is a foreign word here.
Pros
Large/Busy store looks great on resumes
Cons
Unstable hours, No Job Security
Lowes Lumber sale associate
Lumber associate (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON13 February 2018
would have to re organize all the skids of wood and pull them forward on top of having them evenly stacked. I was quick to pick on the different types of wood so that i could better aid customers on their projects and make sure best customer satisfaction. I also had to operate the cutting machines and branched out to other departments when needed. The overall environment was nice also because i knew some of my colleagues before working there but the hardest part of the job would be when we had to help pick orders because of the size order, overall tho i enjoyed the job because most of the people were really friendly and i learned quite a bit working there.
Pros
Met a many people in an industry I was interested at the time
Cons
lack of shifts
Fun to Work
Manager Of Product Services (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 February 2018
I have worked in a management positions for over 10 years. Also I have lots of experience in client management. I am seeking an exciting new job to show my experience as well as to learn other skills and challenges.

I am hard working, conscientious, willing to learn, a team player. I strive to treat others with respect
Lots of Pretty Words
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC9 February 2018
They pull you in with promises of advancement, and the ability to grow and learn.

They stick you in your place and make you stay there until you don't have any will to try to advance anymore because they block you at every turn.

Employees run the floor because management has to deal with things completely unrelated to employee work ethic and help. Often you find them trying to clean up a mess because someone called corporate and they have to now do whatever corporate decided without any actual context as to the issue.

These customers return and make life awful for employees who can't tell them to leave, and management can't stand up to because corporate said so.

Management is overworked and I've seen every single one of them get physically or emotionally ill because of it.

When you work here your only allies are your coworkers. I loved my coworkers (management included) so much, but I watched as every single one of them began to resent management or corporate or both because they were stuck and they were told to take it.

You are told you cannot stand up for yourself, have to accept everything customers and management alike throw at you. If you don't, you have to fear what corporate decides to do to you.

They tell you there can be benefits, then refuse to let you into a position where you can have them, so you're constantly waiting for support that never comes.

Even the people in the position to have them find that the work hours are all over the place, there is no structure, and there is no communication between management and employees about how to make
  more... it better.

When there was they didn't listen, so the employees gave up.
Pros
You'll make enough money to eat bread
Cons
You'll never have a life out of work
Family-like environment
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 February 2018
A good place to work with great employees who treat you like family, however the job can get stressful at times. There is tons to learn and several opportunities provided for one to develop their skills.
Pros
Family environment
Cons
Customer complaints to head office
Very bad environment hostile and negative
Plumbing Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON6 February 2018
Not a very stable place with terrible leadership and even worse support system. Nevertheless provided the tools or support to be successful in your position. Very strict set of rules to follow
employee review
Delivery Management & Lumber Specialist (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON6 February 2018
The staff and environment at Lowe's makes it a great place to work. Along with being able to assist customers and contractors Lowe's provides a wide range of products at competitive prices
Good overall
Loader, Cashier, Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON4 February 2018
Friendly and diverse work crew. Communication needs improvement between management and the different work sections as there are often confusions with customers' pick up orders. Every month, they reward their staff with a birthday cake for the birthdays in the month and food for a month's end celebration. Reasonable hours as a peak employee.
fun seasonal work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 February 2018
Friendly staff, solid work environment, room for advancement. Company was helpful with scheduling conflicts

enjoyed customer interactions
could use better safety standards for lifting
Sales Oriented
Appliance Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON31 January 2018
I would typically come to the floor and check all my orders making sure everything was ready and up to date. After that i can start helping out customers on the sales floor with any questions or inquiries they had on appliances. Then hopefully closing the sale. The most enjoyable part was closing a big sale and successfully up-selling.
Pros
lots of sales experience
Wtf
Lumber, loader, stocker,and hardware (Former Employee) –  Rocky View, AB31 January 2018
This place is a joke they hirer you for one department ,giving you 3 hours a week. Than when you asks for more hours they move you to unload, loader or overnights, telling you “it’s just for a few weeks”. Almost six months later still not where you got hired so you end up going back to school, giving them your new availability they refuse it and start booking for shift you can’t work just so you quit
Pros
It’s a thing to do that gives you money
Better then other places
CSA (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC30 January 2018
Lowes offers a lot more opportunity for advancement, IF, your store has openings and IF your managers like you more then other people.
It was alright place to work, my co workers are what made it worth it. Management took out their stress on staff and they paid the price later when staff quit.Its another retail job, not much different then Home Depot, other then a few more opportunities really. They were flexible with schedules which was nice, but a lot of the time it wasn't worth the stress and pain of working there. They ask too much of staff for what they pay most of them.
Pros
Flexible, pay raises
Cons
Poor management, lack of professionalism
Great Values and Opportunities.
Sales Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON30 January 2018
Lowe's offers good job security and career advancement options. They provide good structure and values to help their teams grow and in so provide better customer service.
Great staff
Lot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Stittsville, ON27 January 2018
Arrive to work, get ready, clock in and start my day. Walk outside to assist every customer i possible can with the biggest smile on my face. After thank them.
Pros
free lunches sometimes
Cons
Working outside
Great employees and staff
Flooring Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON24 January 2018
If you love to talk with and help people this is the place for you. Great and friendly staff to work with. I found it quite an enjoyable experience which made me strive to be even better.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Working weekends
Productive environment nice and friendly
Commercial Loader/Customer service associate (Former Employee) –  Steeles and kennedy, ON23 January 2018
Having recently migrated to Canada this was my first job and so far i can honestly say the best work environment I've been in so far. The team i worked with was awesome
Pros
nice team to work with
Cons
disrespectful customers

57K