At Lowe's, we continually seek to enhance our employees' skills and experience by making sure they have all the tools they need to grow and develop. With locations across Canada, and new stores being added coast to coast, we have more opportunities to offer than ever before.
As a Head Cashier, you will be responsible for managing the front end activities by proactively visiting all areas of the store, including customer service, returns desk, front line registers, commercial registers, lawn and garden registers, vestibules and parking areas. You will be responsible for providing direction and support to associates, helping to ensure customer service needs are met at all times, responding to all customer and employee generated EAS alarm activations as per training guidelines and for greeting and acknowledging customers in a friendly, professional manner in order to provide quick and responsive service to maximize the customer shopping experience. The Head Cashier is mainly located behind the registers where they are positioned to proactively provide customer assistance while maintaining visibility of the exit doors for security and loss prevention issues. You will also be responsible for coaching cashiers in how to provide great customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understand and respond appropriately to basic customer and employee inquiries
- Read, write, and communicate using English language skills sufficient to perform job functions
- Knowledge of the company's mission, purpose, and goals, and the role of every employee in achieving each of them
- Ability to operate store equipment appropriate to assigned area
- Complete all Lowe's training requirements
- Ability to process merchandise information through store computer systems and complete all required paperwork according to policy
- Ability to develop and plan activities to ensure proper completion in a timely manner
These roles requires individuals to move throughout all areas of the store (interior and outside perimeter), physically able to move large bulky and/or heavy merchandise, wear appropriate personal protective equipment, and adhere to all safety and service standards.
At Lowe's, excellent performance is not just recognized – it's supported and rewarded. As part of the Lowe's Canada team, you'll have access to numerous opportunities for personal career growth, including our leadership development programs and full range of training courses. We are truly committed to promoting from within, which means many exciting career paths and advancement opportunities will be open to you when you join our team.
Apply online now @ http://lowesjobs.ca/jobs/753939-head-cashiers-lowes-south-common
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates elected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.