Responsible for providing superior customer service and driving sales and margin in alignment with the financial plan of the retail store. Primary responsibilities include controlling and monitoring overall store expenses, and ensuring that all corporate financial and merchandising standards are maintained and enforced. The ASM also oversees a variety of store specific programs (e.g., Installed Sales, Delivery, Product Services). Additionalresponsibilities include overseeing the overall safety, security, supervision, training, mentoring, and scheduling of all assigned personnel, as well as any other duties as assigned.
- Requires morning, afternoon and overnight availability any day of the week.
- Required to work a Corporate schedule determined by Staffing Department but may be changed by store management based on the needs of the store.
- Requests to be scheduled off for a specific day require advanced notification and approval by supervisor.
- Salaried: Generally scheduled for 48 hours; more hours may be required based on the needs of the store.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
Driving Shareholder Value
- Drive sales and margin throughout store.
- Drive growth and profitability of specialty and installed sales. Includes management of Contact, Lead and Order Management systems.
- Drive comp sales and average ticket growth.
- Establish and execute plans that continuously improve customer count.
- Control expenses including payroll and other controllable expenses (e.g., shrink).
- Control and manage inventory.
- Ensure asset protection through effective facilities management (e.g., Fleet, Inventory,
Physical Building, etc.).
- Maintain a strong safety awareness program to protect company liabilities and the safety of our employees and customers.
Managing Customer Relationships
- Model superior customer service for others.
- Lead and demonstrate effective use of the IMPACT model.
- Ensure that all customer complaints are handled appropriately.
- Ensure that relationships with commercial sales customers are being developed and maintained.
- Determine root causes of customer issues to proactively improve customer service in the future.
Getting Work Done through Others
- Apply Situational Leadership to fit the unique needs of each individual or situation.
- Develop, coach and mentor direct reports.
- Accomplish work through effective delegation and management of employees and time.
- Ensure employee development, mentoring, and training are occurring and that certifications are maintained.
- Provide clear and concise communication using the appropriate method (e.g., in-person vs. email).
Indeed - 17 months ago