Tired of sitting at a desk or working under fluorescent lighting? Looking for a career where you can be active, in and out of doors, and surrounded by nature, flowers and smiles?
Look no more, because Bylands Garden Centre is seeking a full time Assistant Manager to join our team.
As the Assistant Manager, you will:
- Supervise daily operations including people and activities,
- Participate in the development of goals and strategies to ensure healthy plants and profitability,
- Manage schedules, merchandising, and marketing for our business,
- Interact with customers and staff to foster a positive and nurturing environment, and
- Ensure a safe environment for customers and employees.
Our successful candidate will have a diploma or degree in horticulture or business/ retail management plus 5 years of experience managing in a retail environment. Proven experience managing and motivating staff leadership is required. We are also looking for someone who is a self-starter with superb communication and organizational skills and excellent computer skills.
In order to best serve our customers, our Assistant Manager can expect to work extended hours on a seasonal basis.
Want to be challenged and have fun? Please apply now.
We can’t wait to hear from you.
Love HR provides practical, customized and creative people management solutions to help your business succeed.