Site location for this project will be in Wawa
Responsible for performing a wide variety of construction activities requiring varied experience and skill in several trade areas specifically in; water and sewer lines; pipe laying & fusing; carpentry; concrete; and steel erection.
Duties may include / require
- set up instruments and lasers for grade elevations, using hand tools; measuring instruments, performing rough framing, finishing freshly poured concrete; erecting scaffolding, shoring, and braces; waterproofing surfaces; applying caulking compounds to seal crevices; grinding, sanding, or polishing surfaces such as concrete, wood and steel; demolishing buildings, sawing lumber, dismantling forms, removing projections from concrete, cutting and attaching insulating material.
- Will assist Skilled Construction Workers in the areas of water & sewer piping, concrete, steel, or carpentry as well as other related tasks.
- Adhere to the company’s Health and Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Ability to successfully complete safety training as required on an ongoing basis.
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability Requirements
- General knowledge of practices and methods applicable to heavy civil construction (preferred).
- Ability to read construction drawings (preferred).
- General knowledge of construction materials and their use (preferred).
- Traffic control procedures (preferred)
- Ability to effectively communicate with team members (mandatory)
- Ability to effectively communicate, problem solve and maintain effective working relationship with team members, supervisors, customers, sub-contractors, equipment operators, property owners, and the general public (mandatory)
- Must be knowledgeable of the hazards and safety requirements of the job.
- Work is performed both indoors and outdoors and may be done at a surface environment, at extreme heights, underground or water, and in inclement weather.
- Expect to do a considerable amount of lifting, carrying, climbing, kneeling and balancing. Thus, a certain amount of strength dexterity and alertness is required.
If interested you must apply before June 20, 2014
Important to indicate on the email Subject Line Wawa Project
Louis W. Bray Construction Limited, a well established General & Heavy Civil Construction Contractor working in the Eastern Ontario area...