Site location for this project will be in Wawa
Responsible for performing a wide variety of construction activities requiring varied experience and skill in several trade areas specifically in; water and sewer lines; pipe laying & fusing; carpentry; concrete; and steel erection.
Duties may include / require
- set up instruments and lasers for grade elevations, using hand tools; measuring instruments, performing rough framing, finishing freshly poured concrete; erecting scaffolding, shoring, and braces; waterproofing surfaces; applying caulking compounds to seal crevices; grinding, sanding, or polishing surfaces such as concrete, wood and steel; demolishing buildings, sawing lumber, dismantling forms, removing projections from concrete, cutting and attaching insulating material.
- Will assist Skilled Construction Workers in the areas of water & sewer piping, concrete, steel, or carpentry as well as other related tasks.
- Adhere to the company’s Health and Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Ability to successfully complete safety training as required on an ongoing basis.
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability Requirements
- General knowledge of practices and methods applicable to heavy civil construction (preferred).
- Ability to read construction drawings (preferred).
- General knowledge of construction materials and their use (preferred).
- Traffic control procedures (preferred)
- Ability to effectively communicate with team members (mandatory)
- Ability to effectively communicate, problem solve and maintain effective working relationship with team members, supervisors, customers, sub-contractors, equipment operators, property owners, and the general public (mandatory)
- Must be knowledgeable of the hazards and safety requirements of the job.
- Work is performed both indoors and outdoors and may be done at a surface environment, at extreme heights, underground or water, and in inclement weather.
- Expect to do a considerable amount of lifting, carrying, climbing, kneeling and balancing. Thus, a certain amount of strength dexterity and alertness is required.
If interested you must apply before June 20, 2014
Important to indicate on the email Subject Line Wawa Project
Indeed - 6 months ago
copy to clipboard
Louis W. Bray Construction Limited, a well established General & Heavy Civil Construction Contractor working in the Eastern Ontario area...