Junior Accounts Receivable Clerk (Full-time)
Location: Burnaby, BC
Closing date: This position will remain open until filled
Lorna Vanderhaeghe Health Solutions produces and distributes quality, nutritional supplements, skin care products and herbal teas. Lorna Vanderhaeghe Health Solutions was recognized in 2013 by Profit Magazine as one of the fastest growing companies in Canada. We offer a fast paced, action packed work environment, competitive compensation and benefits, and the opportunity to contribute and succeed within a growing company.
Lorna Vanderhaeghe Health Solutions has an immediate opening for an Junior Accounts Receivable Clerk. Reporting to the Finance Manager, you will be responsible for all activities related to Accounts Receivable.
- Run and analyze various reports on a daily basis including a sales report, A/R report, POS payment reports, non-paid reports, etc.
- Process credit card payments
- Record payments received in the accounting system on a daily basis including checks, credit card charges, EFT deposits and internal credits or adjustments
- Prepare bank deposits by scanning checks for filing purposes
- Contact overdue accounts to secure payment and follow up on collection calls
- Investigate and resolve invalid/unauthorized payment deductions by customers and communicate with them by phone and email
- Verify the validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales reps, order entry staff and from customers
- Answer customer inquiries and reconcile accounts
- Send invoices to customers if requested
- Update and maintain client information
- File and maintain A/R records. Keep an accurate and up to date record of when customer payments are due.
- Assist with special projects as needed
- Ensure that business activities are conducted in a professional manner with the highest degree of quality and accuracy.
- Superb verbal, written and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, be assertive and take initiative are a must
- Excellent organizational, analytical, telephone, data entry and problem solving skills
- Ability to learn in-house accounting system
- Solid understanding of MS Office (Excel, Outlook and Word)
This position is a permanent, full-time position. Hours of work are Monday to Friday from 7:00am to 3:00pm.
Compensation: $14.00/hour. Medical and dental benefits offered after three (3) months.
If you meet the criteria listed above, tell us why you think you're a great fit for our organization in a compelling, customized cover letter and resume.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.