Lordco Parts Ltd. Employee Reviews

great job
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  British Columbia11 September 2017
lordco is a great company, great people, always work.
people are always nice, and very understanding. people help one another at anytime. work is flexible and management has your back.
Pros
great people
Cons
warehouse starting rate $12
Driver-Cashier
Driver/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC29 August 2017
Started part time with no benefits and vacations. Went to full time for 5 months, after being with the company for 1.5 years, still no benefits or vacation. To take time off it was like getting teeth pulled, had to as months in advance and wouldn't be allowed to take it off till the week of.
Pros
Free lunches on weekends
Cons
No lunch, no time off, no raises
Hard work for low pay in a very dirty environment.
Order Picker, at the warehouse (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC14 August 2017
If you like breathing a choking cocktail of dirt, dust, and petrochemical fumes in a poorly ventilated warehouse that can exceed 80 degrees in summer, this is the place for you.

If you think being paid next to minimum wage to memorize the inventory of thousands of auto parts, move literally tons of merchandise--including 300 lb barrels of oil--and be expected to do it all perfectly, everyday, why not give it a go.

Most workers here are temps. There are relatively few actual Lordco employees. Management encourage the better temps to apply, but seldom hire. If they do, be expected to put in a minimum ten hour day, everyday, at least. Frequently more. Once hired, you're a slave.

Management is erratic, and behind the times. If they like you, that's great. If they don't, expect unpleasantness.

That said, there are positives. As order pickers, you can work semi-independently, and at your own pace. It's relaxed that way. Co-workers, mostly temps, are from all walks of life and are interesting. If you do an even barely adequate job, you're relatively secure, since the auto business never dies.

But a sense of being exploited might get to you in the end. There is no excuse for the senselessly low wages in such a lucrative business.
Pros
Work at your own pace, fairly stable employment, even for temps.
Cons
Exceptionally poor air quality, extremely low pay for the work involved.
Hard labor for pennies
Driver (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC3 August 2017
Not a place I would recommend. Spent/ wasted 3.5 years working as a slave here. Worked full time as a parts diver. Called in sick only 5 times in those 3.5 years. Begged for my well deserved raises which didn't come easy. Labor is inhumane for the wage offered. Management is a joke and doesn't take complaints seriously. All I can take from this position was the experience nothing more, nothing less.
Pros
Benefits if they feel like giving it to you (Privately owned)
friendly environment
HEAD CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC14 July 2017
I like challenges in life and I have been with the company for 10years now .I am able to multi task and work efficiently. I have learned good customer service skills.Management acommodates all their staff equally . There is no hard part in this job and the most enjoyable part of the job is to be able to find any errors in my paper work .Our goal was to keep our customers happy.
Rather not say
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  British Columbia9 July 2017
I do not want to rate my time at this company it was not an enjoyable experience however I do not wish to say anything poor about this company. They have good benefits.
C'est bonne
Parts Driver (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC5 July 2017
The staff was amazing the job wasn't too hard. I was given lots of freedom. As long as you were a reliable worker, they didn't ask for much! Had a blast.
Pros
Could stop anywhere to get lunch and eat at any time
Cons
No set lunch break.
Great People, Great Company to work for.
Order Assembly, Billing, Delivery (Former Employee) –  Powell River, BC5 July 2017
Great People, Great Company to work for.
Wages are low. Could use improving for cost of living in BC.
Any benefits applied for are paid 100% by employee.
Good atmosphere, great for entry level employee looking to gain experience in the Retail Auto Parts Business.
Pros
People. Some Lunches incl on weekends/holidays, Expense paid Christmas Parties, and lots of little surprises for staff.
Cons
Wages/Benefits
People are great Management no so much
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC23 May 2017
Not a great experience. Management needs training on how to manage people. For the most part fellow employees were great to work with however Management uses bully tactics
Pros
Cons
minimum wage, Slack on reviews, Slack on wage increases, no communication
Good work environment
Driver (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC3 May 2017
Great place to work for. you get 40 hours per week as a full time employee. there is always a friendly work environment. Managers are nice and respectful.

Want to know more about Lordco Parts Ltd.?

Ask a question
like highschool
Driver (Former Employee) –  Penticton, BC18 April 2017
I would not say Lordco is a good work environment. The managers are condescending and do not care about your advancement within the company. The most enjoyable part was just driving and staying out of the store.
Fun workplace
Parts Picker / Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Aldergrove, BC17 April 2017
I quite enjoyed working at lordco, had to leave due to an unfortunate workplace accident. Was a really fun job that I would most definitely recommend to others.
Pros
Free saturday lunches, Laid back driving for parts, great company
Cons
gets slow sometimes, heavy parts sometimes
it was alright.
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC3 April 2017
i'm not a huge car person, nor do i try to be, so when i was working at lordco and was asked to know what type of parts go to what car i did give it my best but that's all i could do, i didn't really get good at it cause i wasn't a person who knew about cars.
Minimum wage job
Parts Driver (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC4 February 2017
Pay is ridiculously Low ($11/h)! Manager couldn't care less about you and just about the work, make you memorize 60+ bodyshops but expect perfection, no advancement potential, mechanics (you deliver to) are often grumpy and struggle to say "hello", and a rare "thanks". No opinion in the schedule you work.

Fun job if you just got your full license and don't care about actually making any kind of money.

Don't apply here. If you need a delivery job, pizza delivery or napa would be better!
Pros
Helpful coworkers, ask for work off online
Cons
Very little pay, no advancements, no opinion on schedule, manager couldn't care less
nice place to work
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Salmon Arm, BC12 December 2016
good place to work fast paced you get to drive cars and serve customers and meet new people nice co workers management is good and you get lunches very nice place to work
fast pace heavy lifting
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Canada, BE1 December 2016
it was a good job i enjoyed it, the people were nice and there was room for advancement. the job itself was solid hard work that kept the day busy and quick to pass
Fantastic place to work!
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Nelson, BC20 November 2016
I love working for Lordco! Benefits are fantastic, lots of perks, and I genuinely feel like the company cares about its employees. One big happy family!
Pros
Benefits are great, incentives, support between stores
Cons
It is a very physical job so if you have issues lifting then I'd suggest looking elsewhere
Intensives, Trips and rewards
Merchandising Manager (Former Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC31 October 2016
If you happen to get in the right area of the company. It can be a a fun place to work. Good benefits, RRSP. Opportunities for growth and career advancement
Liked the work, Hated the managment
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Trail, BC20 October 2016
If lordco was run a different way and by different people I would have worked there for a long time. However, management was a joke and they would not honor pay increase promises or medical benefit promises.
fun place with friendly people
automotive machinist (Current Employee) –  Mission, BC29 September 2016
all in all its a steady pace with a friendly atmosphere. the people are laid back for the most part and there's always room for advancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lordco Parts Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9