Lordco Parts Ltd. Employee Reviews

good staff
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  East Kelowna, BC8 January 2018
i enjoyed working here & i terribly miss it, the staff was really awesome and fun when allowed but serious. met some good people and had some good times
Pros
saturday drivers had free lunch at my store, boss was super nice
Great parts company!
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC3 January 2018
Assisted customers and shops in auto parts and auto needs, matching or beating competitors prices, answering of phones, pulling parts and packaging up of parts.
productive and busy workplace
Parts Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC4 December 2017
very busy work environment, good people to work with, management was good but wasn’t at the same time. learned what all kinds of differnt parts are and what they are used for.
Pros
overtime
Fast pace
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 November 2017
Fast pace. Management every where is the same, there is no formal training and the rules bend with every store. But benefits are fantastic, on par with medical professionals. They only ever hire enough to cover MOST of their shifts.
Pros
Fantastic benefits
Cons
Poor management
People were great to work with
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC22 November 2017
Typically do the same thing everyday, there's a lot to learn and the team members make it really easy.
I'd say the hardest part about this job would be learning placement of the codes but you catch on fast.
Pros
Free lunch on weekends, got to work with an extravagant team
Cons
1970 system
Productive/Fun work environment
Cashier/Customer Service Shipping/Receiving (Current Employee) –  Courtenay, BC9 November 2017
Lordco is a great experience!The work place meant is very welcomeing. It’s fun to work there everyone is kind, you get to meet new people everyday or have the regular customers come in to replace or purchase new parts.
Pros
Great coworkers/Customers
Cons
Long days
Unique experience
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC8 November 2017
Moving from customer service, retail or otherwise, into a position as a driver at Lordco was a huge jump. Probably still the job I most regret leaving. Very relaxed, learned a lot of new skills, as well as about endless car parts and their various uses. BC owned and operated, the company makes a very personal connection with each employee, regardless of rank or position.
Pros
Get to drive around all day, good work out stocking rotors and car batteries
Cons
Individual workplace management & misogynistic atmosphere at times
great job, horrible pay
Stocks (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC23 October 2017
as summary says, the job was great, as well as the people but the pay wasnt there for how hard i worked and there refusal to up my pay ended in me leaving the establishment.
Pros
great people, great environment
Cons
insufficient pay and no pay increases
productive worl enviroment
Parts driver (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC10 October 2017
This employer has many benefits. Including medical benefits, driving experience and the option to transfer locations if necessary. Cons were managements attitudes toward the working people and the wage for expected work with no raises although promised, Pros were the people who worked along side you.
Was a great learning inverment
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cranbrook, BC27 September 2017
Loved seeing the same car guys coming in for some new gadget
For their old truck or fancy street car.
Checking out the new products for the changing seasons.
Helping find that hard to find little clip or speacial size bolt for that old truck.
Pros
Great team playiers
good moral
Inside sales representative (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC25 September 2017
good workplace, great moral. excellent management, has a very good customer base. hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult customers. best part of the job was the people i worked with.
great job
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  British Columbia11 September 2017
lordco is a great company, great people, always work.
people are always nice, and very understanding. people help one another at anytime. work is flexible and management has your back.
Pros
great people
Cons
warehouse starting rate $12
Driver-Cashier
Driver/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC29 August 2017
Started part time with no benefits and vacations. Went to full time for 5 months, after being with the company for 1.5 years, still no benefits or vacation. To take time off it was like getting teeth pulled, had to as months in advance and wouldn't be allowed to take it off till the week of.
Pros
Free lunches on weekends
Cons
No lunch, no time off, no raises
Hard work for low pay in a very dirty environment.
Order Picker, at the warehouse (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC14 August 2017
If you like breathing a choking cocktail of dirt, dust, and petrochemical fumes in a poorly ventilated warehouse that can exceed 80 degrees in summer, this is the place for you.

If you think being paid next to minimum wage to memorize the inventory of thousands of auto parts, move literally tons of merchandise--including 300 lb barrels of oil--and be expected to do it all perfectly, everyday, why not give it a go.

Most workers here are temps. There are relatively few actual Lordco employees. Management encourage the better temps to apply, but seldom hire. If they do, be expected to put in a minimum ten hour day, everyday, at least. Frequently more. Once hired, you're a slave.

Management is erratic, and behind the times. If they like you, that's great. If they don't, expect unpleasantness.

That said, there are positives. As order pickers, you can work semi-independently, and at your own pace. It's relaxed that way. Co-workers, mostly temps, are from all walks of life and are interesting. If you do an even barely adequate job, you're relatively secure, since the auto business never dies.

But a sense of being exploited might get to you in the end. There is no excuse for the senselessly low wages in such a lucrative business.
Pros
Work at your own pace, fairly stable employment, even for temps.
Cons
Exceptionally poor air quality, extremely low pay for the work involved.
Hard labor for pennies
Driver (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC3 August 2017
Not a place I would recommend. Spent/ wasted 3.5 years working as a slave here. Worked full time as a parts diver. Called in sick only 5 times in those 3.5 years. Begged for my well deserved raises which didn't come easy. Labor is inhumane for the wage offered. Management is a joke and doesn't take complaints seriously. All I can take from this position was the experience nothing more, nothing less.
Pros
Benefits if they feel like giving it to you (Privately owned)
Cons
Productive and fun workplace with great co workers
Picker / Driver (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC17 July 2017
Great place to work with awesome co workers that make the place enjoyable. Learned how to work independently to the best of my ability with crucial organization skills to get the best results in a day. Always on your feet moving around, days feels short as your constantly busy. overall good company with flexible hours.
Pros
Free lunches when you work weeknds
friendly environment
HEAD CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC14 July 2017
I like challenges in life and I have been with the company for 10years now .I am able to multi task and work efficiently. I have learned good customer service skills.Management acommodates all their staff equally . There is no hard part in this job and the most enjoyable part of the job is to be able to find any errors in my paper work .Our goal was to keep our customers happy.
Good
Warehouse Administrator (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC10 July 2017
Integrate our CRM to our checkout pages via API key.
Created new and manage existing .
Participate in design and code reviews.Working with our development team to create an amazing work environment that is both harmonious and exciting.
Rather not say
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  British Columbia9 July 2017
I do not want to rate my time at this company it was not an enjoyable experience however I do not wish to say anything poor about this company. They have good benefits.
C'est bonne
Parts Driver (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC5 July 2017
The staff was amazing the job wasn't too hard. I was given lots of freedom. As long as you were a reliable worker, they didn't ask for much! Had a blast.
Pros
Could stop anywhere to get lunch and eat at any time
Cons
No set lunch break.