POSITION: Owner Operator
REPORTS TO: Shift Supervisor
LOCATION: Red Deer, AB
CLASSIFICATION: Owner Operator
VEHICLE: ¾ tonne van
SCHEDULE: Owner Operator dictates working hours, but must ensure that
service area is serviced each day
Commitment to professional representation of Loomis Express ensuring on time delivery and pickup of all assigned material within a route area. Meeting specific requirements of both Loomis Express and customers by communicating with dispatch and meeting scanning compliance for correct billing and customer tracking as well as to alert sales teams of potential business within the area.
MAJOR ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Loading vehicle in an orderly fashion to ensure quick delivery to customers
- Use Pulse scanner for all required activities on the daily route; all scannable way bills, laser waybills. Shippers own bar-coded labels must be scanned.
- Delivery of all assigned material in the route area, within the specific requirements of both the customer and Loomis Express.
- Pick up of all assigned customer pick-ups within the specific guidelines of the Customer and Loomis Express.
- Determine if a customer has a valid account prior to delivery or pick-up and ensure proper billing.
- Compile and submit accurate route records on a daily basis.
- Inform supervisors of irregularities on route for future problem solving and inform sales teams of potential new customers in the area to grow the business within the area.
- Maintain a professional image representing Loomis Express at all times including the maintenance and presentation of the vehicle, uniform, and products used.
- Provide a properly trained relief driver to cover absences from the route when required.
- Responsible for internal and external customer satisfaction and interacting effectively with all customers and Loomis Express employees.
- Proactively manage the customer’s perception of and level of satisfaction with the service provided.
QUALIFICATIONS/KNOWLADGE AND SKILLS:
- Proven clear driving record
- Proven clear criminal record
- Excellent Communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Good geographical knowledge within the area assigned
- Agree to be certified in Dangerous Goods and WHMIS
- Keep organized records
- High School Education
- Proven Customer Service skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast-pace environment working with tight deadlines
- Class 5 valid drivers license
- Ability to lift and carry parcels, up to and including 70 lbs per piece, throughout shift
- Fast-pace environment, tight deadlines, high-pressure, long hours
- Operations of owning a business
- Working with hazardous materials
- All weather conditions apply for driving and working
- Inconsistent heavy lifting, use of dolly or pallet jack when required
Indeed - 15 months ago
From deliveries to the Alaskan Gold Rush in 1905 through armoured cars to ground and courier service, the Loomis brand has a long history of...