Full time, afternoons 4pm to midnight
Certified Industrial Electrician
Basic knowledge of PLC programming
Must be computer literate
Completion of an industrial electrician apprenticeship program (or equivalent) with five (5) years of experience in electronic control systems
Knowledge of blueprint reading and electrical and electronic control schematics.
Knowledge of electrical code of Ontario
Must be able to work independently and as a team player.
Service plants mechanical and electrical components. Perform Preventive Maintenance on electrical equipment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties and responsibilities of the Electrician are detailed below, but not limited to the following:
1. Diagnoses equipment malfunctions using appropriate test instruments and circuit diagrams.
2. Maintains and repairs electrical/electronic/electromechanical systems.
3. Fabricates and/or installs electrical/electronic/electromechanical systems.
4. Follows all safety precautions and procedures. Ensure that all equipment is safe before releasing to production.
5. Able to do simple fabrication of mechanical components.
6. Performs all electrical Preventive Maintenance related inspections, records results and reports results as per procedure.
7. Reports all electrical issues to the Supervisor immediately.
8. Read electrical and electronic schematics.
9. Test electrical and electronic equipment and components for continuity, current, voltage and resistance.