REPORTS TO: Shift Supervisor
LOCATION: Red Deer
CLASSIFICATION: Hourly Driver
LICENSE: Clean “Class 5” drivers license (No GDLs accepted)
VEHICLE: Company Assigned
MAJOR ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Use Pulse scanner for all required activities on the daily route; all scannable way bills, laser waybills, shippers own bar-coded labels must be scanned.
- Delivery of all assigned material in the route area, within the specific requirements of both the customer and Loomis Express.
- Pick up of all assigned customer pick-ups within the specific guidelines of the Customer and Loomis Express.
- Determine if a customer has a valid account prior to delivery or pick-up.
- Compile and submit accurate route records on a daily basis.
- Inform Loomis Express of any route irregularities and significant competitor activity.
- Responsible for internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Professional representation of Loomis Express at all times, including the maintenance and presentation of vehicle, uniform, waybills/product.
- Proactively manage the customer’s perception of and level of satisfaction with our service.
- On-time pick-up and delivery of customer shipments.
- Interact effectively with other members of the customer service and operation teams.
- To alert the Sales Department to potential customer opportunities and/or vulnerabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Valid Class 5 – (applicant must be over 25 years of age to qualify for insurance).
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure.
- Supply current drivers abstract. * Excellent interpersonal skills.
- High School Education.
- Proven Customer Service skills.
- Ability to lift and carry parcels, up to and including 70 lbs per piece, throughout shift.
- Fast pace environment, tight deadlines, high-pressure, long hours.
- Operations of owning a business.
- Working with hazardous materials.
- All weather conditions apply for driving and working
- Inconsistent heavy lifting, use of dolly or pallet jack when required.
Often fatiguing or uncomfortable - hot or cold working environment dependent upon season. The job might often require concentrated levels of attention and physical activity. Tension and time constraints may be an on-going aspect of the job.
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe we will gain through the recruitment and development of staff who represent the broad diversity of the Canadian workforce.
This job description is not all inclusive and is subject to change. Loomis Express reserves the right to assign additional duties and tasks, as necessary.