Loomis Armored US, LLC Employee Reviews

Exciting career path with growth potential
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 July 2016
Loomis International is an exciting and growing business with world wide potential. Being involved from the ground up has been extremely challenging and rewarding.
Lack of communication
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 April 2016
A lot of pressure to preform, and little rewards. Very high expectations by management. High stress environment. Not a lot of training - had to learn as you go. High turn over rate. I have learned a lot about logistics though - but it was a lot of self taught knowledge.
Pros
Union - security
Cons
Lack of communication
Working for Loomis
Transport (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 May 2013
My time spent at Mayne Logistics, which soon was DHL Canada and ended up as Loomis Express. Most of the time I was in the warehouse, occasionally drove, licensed forklift operator, and was selected to promote company interests both internally and externally, was also awarded lead hand status in 2006. I learned the importance of meeting deadlines, working as a team, communications between management and union interests. The hardest part of the job was to keep communication with workers and company interests. The most enjoyable part being the comraderie of the staff.
Pros
benefits, extended time off
Cons
keeping communication working for all parties
Productive/Team work/Happy Workers.
Heavy Equipment Driver (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 December 2012
Loomis Express is an excellant place to work for. The company has done me well. The knowledge obtained over the years is very benificial. A typical day at work...punch in , grab your scanners, paperwork and safety vest, go outside do a circle check on vehicle you are driving, report any defects, check in with your supervisors, obtain duties of the day. You go out on the raod and do your job. My direct supervisor is awesome to work with, co-workers are the same. The hardest part of the job is obtaining what ever equipment that's needed for the job that works. It can be frustrating. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I have the opportunity to go out into the world meet all walks of life. I'm a people person, I enjoy the interaction and I get the job done. I work very well on my own, I am consistant at what I do. Life is good.
Pros
good paying job, health benifits pension plan in place for the future
Cons
due to change over moral changed, team work is lost, lack of respect for the workers
I was a O/O Driver. I enjoyed my job
Owner/Operator/Driver (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 May 2016
I loved working for the company and for my customers. It was always a joy to make someone's day. As well I was able to use my sales skills to increase my customer base.
very productive and nice place to work
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB21 April 2016
A typical day at work is almost same. learned to find new places in town with complicated address and how to operate 1-5 tonnes of truck. Co - workers usually include the dispatch unit with is usually contacted with radio. This was a very typical job with negligible hardness.
general labour
Team worker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 May 2016
great work environment and great mangement. team work is the best and i loved working there, sad that the place shut down
Pros
union
Cons
cut hours
Your Workout Gym
Warehouse Helper (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC30 March 2016
Some of the highlights of the Job.
1. You loose that extra fat every day. Its non stop action from start to end.
2. You get to watch and learn. and have the opportunity to create your own idea.
3. The hardest part of my job was moving a truck full of car tiers.
Pros
Paid workouts
Cons
short breaks
Enjoyable and fun
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON27 January 2016
busy day at the office, learned geography for Canada. The management team is great to work with. The staff in the office is easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job is the Christmas rush to get all parcels delivered before the holidays. Enjoyable part is slow time.
Pros
Fun people
Cons
different shifts
Fun and relaxing place to work
Casual Operator Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 March 2016
I have been with Loomis Express for many years. It is a very relaxed environment, with many different positions. It is unionized so you must obide by all union agreements and terms. The pay is not the greatest.
Pros
Very relaxed
Cons
Not great pay.
Loomis Express
Customer Counter Specialist (Former Employee) –  Williams Lake, BC20 June 2014
In total I was employed seven and one half years. With Loomis I gained very valuable administrative-office/customer service training and experience. My co-workers were great to work with and very helpful if needed. The salary and benefits are great, much more than anyone would imagine.
Pros
Wages, Great people to work with
Cons
Unionized, and job bumping
Productive fast passed working environment
Operation Hub Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton AB28 October 2012
A typical day at work begins with checking and responding to emails and voice mails from internal and external customers. Meeting with the supervisory team to review the days staffing plan, review previous days results and plan of action heading into the present shift.

I learned the importance of today. Today’s fast past logistics industry you are only as good as the results you provide on the day in question. The upper management team provided minimal support with the expectation of great results. My co-workers were very helpful and the work environment was pleasant.

The hardest part of this job was maintaining a good work life balance.
The most enjoyable part of the job was sharing in the success the team on a daily basis
Pros
free lancing
Cons
A good work fun job life
Warehouse Labourer (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK29 October 2015
Fun job with good people has its real busy seasons and then its dead parts as well management is kind of no good but warehouse crew knows what they are doing and gets things done right.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Not very good managment
Loomis Express Customer Service
Customer Service and Administration (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON31 May 2015
Worked here for over 5 years - very flexible while I was in school, amazing pay for part time. Management made a lot of on the fly decisions that at time made no sense. Unionized environment which can create a lot of office politics. Overall good place to work, steady hours and employment.
Pros
Flexibility, hourly wage, clean / nice office
Cons
Office politics and on the fly decisions
Nice workplace with free coffee and tea
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON29 December 2013
Loomis is a good employer, job is almost secure. The pay rate is good. However, the gross pay is low because of fewer number of hours.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Fewer hours
Great mix of travel and work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB19 April 2015
A typical day would require me waking up early to get to a store as it opens, usually a new location every two days. I was to oversee the implementation of a new accounts system, and show the current salespeople how to operate it. In addition, I was to record any comments they have about it, as well as any problems encountered when attempting to use it. The people at each location were generally quite friendly. The hardest part of the job was trying to fill in the times when there were no customers (as many locations were in small towns). Overall it was very enjoyable, as I like to travel and see the country as well as meet new people who do similar work. I also like to train, and feel like I am very thorough and communicative.
Pros
Lots of travelling and meeting new people. Dynamic environment.
Cons
Long periods of time with little interaction.
The pay is good for a starter , with a lot of lifting and walking
Warehouse Helper (Former Employee) –  5499 Regent Street, Burnaby, BC V5C 6C829 December 2013
* a lot of lifting, more like a workout.
* I learned how to get the job done as a Team, where action speaks louder than words. Also learned to operate a pallet jack and places around BC and other parts of Canada.
* Management was always behind your back. always there to help when you have a problem.
* Got to interact with a lot of people from various background.
* The hardest part of the job was the unloading of a trailer containing dog food (real back breaker).
* The most enjoyable part of the job are the jokes the co-workers crack to make the environment stress free.
Pros
Pay is good for a starter.
Cons
Late night hours, sometimes upto midnight and only become a permanent employee after 6 years
Cost driven company that focussed solely on the bottom line
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC16 July 2013
Loomis is a good company to work for and has given me new experiences in managing and maximizing on efficiency. a typical day we would run below required staffing levels and push the limits of productivity. My Co-workers are very professional and bring in their various strategies to the table. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the unionized staff who are seemingly on a constant battle against management. What I enjoy most about my job is that I have the freedom to hire, train, recognize and discipline staff and drive them in the direction of my goals.
Cons
Lots of long hour days
that's a place with no respect
Customer service supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton22 April 2015
They don't really care about there workers. they always push workers to work hard they don't care how busy you are plus they don't talk to people with any respect
Cons
First office job, built long-term friendships from here
Inside Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC28 October 2013
Really enjoyed working here, at one of BC's first telephone inside sales positions. Great company, won many sales awards, enjoyed working with strong sales team and management. The most enjoyable part of the job were the people I worked with. The hardest part was the long, daily 3 hour commute and no commission was offered for sales.
Pros
Great team environment!
Cons
Long commute and no commission

2.7