Looby Construction Limited is a private company that was registered with the Province of Ontario in March, 1955. At that time, it immediately acquired the business and assets of Joseph, Clayton, Clarence and Louis Looby, sons of Louis James Looby (Sr.), who had been in the road and bridge construction industry since 1904. The new company continued to specialize in bridge, culvert and road construction for the Ministry of Transportation (then DHO) and many municipalities in all parts of the Province.
Since its inception, Looby Construction's head office has been located in Dublin, Ontario. The company currently employs 25 permanent staff which include professional engineers and certified engineering technologists. During peak construction periods, the work force expands to upwards of 100 personnel.
Over the years, Looby has done projects for Public Works Canada, the Ministry of Transportation, Canadian National Railways, many municipalities and even private interests. Looby has also performed in the role as subcontractor in many circumstances.
Today, Looby Construction continues to specialize in bridge, culvert and dam construction and repair. The company has built a solid reputation for quality work, technical expertise, and the ability to perform the work safely.
Looby Construction continually strives to carry on its proud history of quality bridge and dam construction throughout the Province of Ontario. In today's competitive and quality driven construction environment, Looby Construction is the first choice for many owners to complete a job on time and on budget.
For a more expansive history, please see our Looby Construction 100th Anniversary Brochure.
Looby Construction is currently a member of the:
bullet – less–ZoomInfo