Manager: Executive Producer
Are you looking for a new and different experience? You have the necessary experience and leadership to drive a project’s vision in order to make the best games? You might be our ideal candidate!
Longtail Producers lead the development of new titles from concept to release. Producers are charged with managing cross-functional teams to move their product through each stage of development. In this capacity, they will assume the following key responsibilities:
- Execute the creative vision of the product throughout the production lifecycle
Facilitate, coordinate and schedule the interactions and deliverables of art, programming, writing, game design and testing teams throughout each phase of the product life cycle
- Ensure all team members have a consistent vision and are working towards a common goal
- Critique deliverables and provide constructive feedback
- Manage relationships and business development initiatives with publishers, console manufacturers, partners and contractors
- Perform financial projections, budget tracking, competitive & risk analysis
- Provide direction and input with regards to marketing and promotional activities
- Track progress and report regularly to the head of production and president of Longtail
- Manage teams working in Scrum/Agile environments
The position relies heavily on interpersonal and organizational skills, along with an ability to manage, motivate and provide direction for large, diverse teams.
Given the demands of the job and the nature of the content they will be working with, Producers must be passionate about video games in a wide variety of genres. They are expected to have and maintain a deep knowledge of industry trends and opportunities.
- 3+ years of videogame production experience (Producer level)
- 3+ years leading cross-functional teams
- Proven management experience including: employee selection, employee development, performance management, conflict resolution, team facilitation, motivation and recognition, budgeting, project planning and organizational skills
- Track record of project execution; completing and shipping quality games on time and on budget
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Prior design experience a plus
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development a plus
Social advantages and work conditions
- Competitive basic wage rate
- Collective benefit plan including full family coverage for medical, dental and optometric care
- Relocation packages offered to candidates from outside the city or country. (Help in obtaining the visa, etc.)
- Flexible vacation and statutory holidays
- One additional week paid vacation between Christmas and New Year's
- The position is 40 hours a week - Monday through Friday, on site
Working in Halifax
The city of Halifax is the largest city on Canada’s east coast and with direct flights to most major cities in North America and Europe, is the hub of travel for the Atlantic. As one of Canada’s oldest cities, Halifax balances old world architecture with modern living making for a convenient downtown that maintains incredible character and beauty. With all the amenities of a big city, a friendly layed back culture and a low cost of living, Halifax is a great place for people of all ages to call home.
- Cover letter
- Current CV / Resume
- Please reference the job title Producer - Halifax in the subject line of your email.