Longo’s is a family owned leading food retailer which has grown and prospered since 1956. Longo’s team members are dedicated to exceeding customer expectations by offering the best food experience to every customer, every time. It is through such commitment that Longo’s now operates 26 stores within the GTA, is celebrating over 50 years of business and is continuing to grow. Longo’s is recognized as a Platinum Member of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies.
Position: Business Development Manager, Digital Advertising/Product Sampling, (10 month
Reports to: Grocery Gateway General Manager
Reporting to the Grocery Gateway General Manager, the Business Development Manager will collaborate with Grocery Gateway’s and Longo’s merchandising and marketing teams to source, target and win new business for Grocery Gateway. The Business Development Manager will build solid, high level relationships with new business prospects (including media agencies) and within our vendor community in order to sell Grocery Gateway’s digital marketing opportunities and product sampling program.
- Effectively meet (and exceed) sale targets as set by the EVP.
- Actively and professionally manage the entire sales cycle, from lead generation to
prospecting, preparing proposals and presentations, negotiating and winning new
- Evolve Grocery Gateway’s program offering – recognize client needs to generate
innovative solution/strategies that ultimately increase digital media and product
- Provides timely responses and exceptional levels of service to all enquiries and to
ensure all sales opportunities are fully captured and fully explored.
- Develops and maintains strong working relationships with new businesses and our
existing vendor community, and collaborates with cross- functional teams in planning
and executing campaigns.
Key Knowledge, Skills, Credentials
- 5 years working in a sales, product development, online marketing, agency, grocery
retail and/or merchandising environment
- Proven ability to generate leads and convert them into sales.
- Exceptional at networking, securing referrals, and initiating and building relationships.
- Ability to produce top quality proposals and presentations.
- Proactive and organized, with strong time management and planning skills.
- Broad and thorough knowledge of digital marketing, e-commerce and m-commerce.
- Willing to travel 50% within the GTA and surrounding areas.
- High level of proficiency in Excel, Word & PowerPoint
- Strong project management skills, organizing and planning skills
- Ability to build strong internal and external relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent follow-up skills /attention to detail
Interested applicants are requested to forward a resume with a cover letter, stating salary expectations to:
Human Resources - Longo’s Support Centre – Business Development Manager, Digital Advertising/Product Sampling
Fax (905) 264-4101