We are a Canadian, family owned, independent food retailer which has grown and prospered since 1956. Our team members are dedicated to exceeding customer expectations by offering the best food experience to every customer, every time. It is through such commitment that Longo’s now operates 27 stores within the GTA, is celebrating over 50 years of business and is continuing to grow. Longo’s is recognized as a Platinum Member of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies.
Position: Ecommerce Web Merchandising Manager
Reports to: GG Business Development Manager
Date Posted: April 8, 2014
Response date: May 8, 2014
The Ecommerce Web Merchandising Manager will help deliver a world-class digital shopping and navigation experience, which addresses customer needs across multiple categories, and ensures that the digital merchandising strategy aligns with Longo’s overall merchandising and digital commerce strategies. Responsible for developing and implementing, executing, managing, and optimizing the online merchandising activities for Grocery Gateway (GG) digital properties, the incumbent drives sales, conversion, margin, inventory turn and optimization across all digital properties. The incumbent manages the digital presentation of emerging omni-channel capabilities (e.g. click-and-collect) and formulates site-wide strategies in creating differentiated digital experiences to influence customers shopping or researching merchandise across multiple channels. The incumbent adjusts site strategy based on assessment of the competitive landscape and emerging online trends.
Digital Merchandising Activities:
- Partners with digital commerce management to optimize online sales while maximizing margin and inventory turn, through consistency across categories. Ensures alignment between digital and in-store executions.
- Translates in-store merchandising strategies into an optimal website experience that addresses key customer needs, and includes visual display of category, family, & product pages, homepage space allocation, email & promotions.
- Optimizes taxonomy, navigation, keyword mapping, and other web and mobile aspects of the digital shopping customer experience to drive sales, margin, and inventory turn.
- Contributes to the formulation of digital strategies in creating differentiated omni-channel and digital shopping experiences for key customer segments, leveraging a deep understanding of key customer needs.
- Works with the digital commerce, operations and Longo's merchandising team to manage online pricing strategies, publishes and maintains dynamic and static content
- Develops and manages an online merchandising seasonal calendar by mapping out and prioritizing digital activities including product launches, product offers/sales and all other featured placements.
- Generates targeted cross-sell and up sell programs.
- Manages site content calendars and product ratings and reviews.
Recommendations and Implementation:
- Analyzes category needs to evaluate merchandising efforts, identifies areas of opportunity and provides constructive feedback to the digital commerce, operations and marketing services teams
- Identifies underdeveloped & emerging products or categories based on internal buying trends, competitive landscape & web analytics.
- Proposes new site merchandising initiatives based on current trends and potential opportunities.
- Monitors performance of ecommerce search and navigation engine results.
- Regularly monitors effectiveness of merchandising efforts and performs regular testing.
Education and Industry Monitoring:
- Maintains updated knowledge of key competitor product, distribution and pricing strategies.
- Identifies current trends and opportunities to guide merchandising efforts.
- Stays up to date on latest industry developments and trends.
Health and Safety:
- Promotes and applies Safety Vision “Safety is our way of life”
- Observes and complies with safe work practices, OHSA and Regulations
Job Knowledge, Skills & Credentials:
- University degree required.
- 3 - 5 years in a digital ecommerce merchandising role.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a manager/supervisor role.
- Proven track record of developing and implementing ecommerce merchandising initiatives.
- Strong understanding of ecommerce consumer behaviour and direct marketing principles.
- Extensive experience in testing and developing website shopping experiences is helpful.
- Understanding of website infrastructure and content management and their relation to marketing objectives
- Strong understanding of the relationships between visitors, conversion and other relevant web based KPIs
- Experience with Endeca or other search and navigation engines is required.
- Knowledge of Google Analytics or other web analysis tools is required.
Interested candidates are requested to forward a resume with a cover letter stating salary expectations to:
Human Resources - Longo’s Support Centre – Ecommerce Web Merchandising Manager
Fax (905) 264-4101