Longo's Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good place to become familier with the working world
Meat Clerk (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 30, 2015
Longos is a great company to start it off, The food always comes in fresh. The management team is great they listen to employees when they have concerns, they host seminars to help employees improve there knowledge.
Good Place To Start
Cashier (Current Employee), Oakville, ONNovember 11, 2015
Pros: Getting to know your community
Cons: Dirty Hands after Delivery
I really enjoyed working as a Delivery Person for this company because it taught me customer service skills, time management skills and, money skills. It is a very good first job.
Grocery Clerk
grocery (Former Employee), Fairview, ONNovember 6, 2015
Pros: Friendly employees
Cons: Be prepared to work till 10 o'clock every night
Employees are great to get along with. Managers don't do anything. Upper management even worse. I've been in the business for over 20 years and one of the worst I've seen
Great place to gain valuable and transferable skills
DEPARTMENT CLERK (Former Employee), markhamOctober 10, 2015
Pros: christmas party/bonuses
Cons: long hours
very flexible with school and exam times.
fun staff, great customers
learned to clean, respond positively to customers
saying no to staying longer than your shift
working together as a team/community
Good Environment, Valuable experience
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee), Oakville, ONSeptember 8, 2015
A good place to find work either as a student or part-time employee. The co-workers are friendly and easy to work with. The work isn't incredibly challenging but for an entry level position it is a good place.
Longo's Vision??? Money!!!
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee), AuroraAugust 1, 2015
Pros: Benefits, Bonus
Cons: Head Office Disconnect from store level.
The only highlight of working for this company is the Benefit plan and Bonus! More work thrown to stronger staff while the slackers get turned a blind eye too. I made the mistake of taking a management role with this company, big mistake! Received the name tag but not the pay to go with the promotion for 4 months with no retro pay! They preach a Vision which includes respect, hmmm they should practise what they preach. After learning this lesson I handed back promotion and just stayed with company til my two years were up so my RRSP was unlocked and received their portion! Helped make up for the 4 months back pay they owe me! Other management informed me they got screwed also when they took management position. Lesson learned! Show increase on pay then wear the name tag.....
A day of work at Longo's
seafood clerk (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJuly 21, 2015
Pros: lots of hours of work
Cons: not very busy
My shift would start at 6.30 a.m on days, or at 4 p.m on others. I would be the only clerk working in the department. I will begin my morning shifts taking the seafood out of the cooler, then setting up the display case with the products. I then will ice the seafood as needed, and clean the windows, the floors and tidy up the department. I will proceed to fill out the sweep log as I go on throughout the day. I will greet and serve customers, fill the frozen, and package seafood for the outside bunkers.
Most enjoyable part of the day at work was getting the chance to set up and work on my own. I was able to complete everything on time and as required by my manager. I enjoy working in a fast paced environment due to the fact that I work very well under pressure. This also helps the time pass by very quickly. My least favorite part was days when the store was not very busy. Overall, working at Longo's has been a great experience, and it helped build up my skills .
I enjoy working with my co worker.
Production Worker (Current Employee), Vaughan, ONApril 13, 2015
Pros: when we worker long hours yes we have free dinner
Cons: long hours and we have to work sunday
The most important thing is I love what I am doing cause if you love what you do everything was fun and enjoyable.The work is all about the fruit and vegetables and salad that we prepare for the store and ready to deliver. Sometimes we go home early at least 3:00 pm but always long day. I learned how to be more flexible especially long hours and when work together as a team work job was easy and plant ahead of time.
surpised events, such as bowling and Christmas parties
Customer Service Representative / Cashier (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 23, 2015
Pros: benifits, free snacks
Cons: short breaks, with long hours
my typical day at longos is cashing out groceries, The hardest part of my Job is standing for long ours with only a half n hour and two ten mins break, the most enjoyable thing is all that my co workers have amazing personality's
Overall great place to work
Grocery Clerk/ Dairy Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 13, 2015
Pros: all of my co-workers including managers were down to earth
Cons: not enough hours
I liked working at Longo's. Everyday was more or less exciting. I had cheerful co-workers and was able to connect well with everyone. The only problem is that i had a hard time getting the hours that I needed.
Cashier (Former Employee), WoodbridgeDecember 17, 2014
Pros: great hours and wages
Cons: dusty environment
This job required an assistant and I to manage and calculate total inventory in the factory of PROVO Wires. While counting, I was also exposed to different types of wiring and their usage in the electronic world. My co-workers were very friendly and we could all bond about completely the same line of work. Management was very encouraging and respectful even if some mistakes in the counting were detected. The hardest part was having to complete my task in a dusty environment. The most enjoyable was getting to spend time with co-workers while completing the job.
Good place to start but not enough communication
Customer Service Representative and Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 6, 2014
Pros: not enough communication
Cons: do not value hard working employees
Co-workers are great, management is turning over and too many newly implemented rules without enough communication enforced.
Average Chain Store
Shipper/Receiver/Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 9, 2014
Regular shift work and average pay. I liked the position but, it is usually confined to the warehouse.
Nice place to work, friendly people
PPF Clerk (Current Employee), Oakville, ONSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: friendly people
Cons: work load
I have enjoyed working here, because I have made many great friends which made my working experience better. I have learned a lot including how to do inventory, make orders, cook, and how to handle stressful situations responsibly. The hardest part of my job is the work load. There are so many responsibilities I have throughout the day which makes it stressful, but I have learned how to handle it through my experiences.
The work place had really good party for the employee, bonus
Driver/shopper (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 25, 2014
Pros: hours was great it work for me &children/dicount
Cons: poor management/ can't find anyone to help when needed
making sure order goes out on time,having patience with others, management was poor. when a company have young person who is runs the show not always a good thing. the hard part was not getting alot of hours. the good thing about this job was I was busy all the time till finish which make the shift goes faster.
very fun!!
QA- Inspector (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 9, 2014
Pros: early finishing
Cons: early morning start
Diverse products, Diverse people
not having fixed schedule
lack of management skills
fun place to work at
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: great salary
Cons: no cons at all really
great management and peers to work with. Taught me a lot about working with customers and properly handling of meat etc.
fun environment to work
Grocery Gateway Shopper (Current Employee), Etobicoke, ONDecember 16, 2013
Practicing accuracy and quality is my everyday life at work. I make sure that products that are ordered by the customer will be sent out and also will ensure that they are getting good quality items. I have learned to manage my time wisely, be efficient and to be very observant. Managers and co-workers are nice and very open to suggestions that will make the company much better. The hardest part of the job is walking and standing for 8 hours or more and the shift is night time. It may be hard and strenuous at times but that has helped me a lot in improving myself better. This job has opened my eyes in a lot of stuff, being able to mingle with different kinds of people and learn from them had helped me in the way i look at life right now.
Longo's
Deli Clerk (Current Employee), Maple, ONOctober 15, 2013
Pros: busy, so the shift goes by fast
Cons: cleaning at the end of the night while customers are coming in last minute.
A typical day at work is just serving customers and communicating what needs to be done when we are not serving. I've learned that there's more to a job than what I and people think. I've learned that customers needs are important. My co workers make going to work worth it. The hardest part of this job is at the end of the night when we have to clean and there's still customers coming in last minute. The most enjoyable part of this job is the people I help throughout the day.
Workplace with high expectancy
Customer Service Clerk (Current Employee), Brampton, ONAugust 29, 2013
Becasue my manager and the supervisors always expected high quality work from me, kniowing that kept me on my toes.