Longo's Employee Reviews

Productive and Non-typically Retail environment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON11 February 2018
A typical day at Longo's would be a very Productive and Inspiring. Working among the team members gives you a lot of teamwork skills and also a help to develop some leadership skills. The management is very well regulated and the company has several programs to enhance their employees potential.
Most professional supermarket to work at
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON6 February 2018
During my time at Longos I learned customer service skills, met many interesting people, and worked under the most professional managers (however a political environment).
Pros
Good flexibility with hours
Cons
some schedule complications
Mostly Highschoolers.
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 February 2018
Having younger employees is a great way to expand the younger generations work ethic. Many highschoolers I worked with (when I was one) were friendly and polite to customers gaining skills for the long run.
clean and friendly place to work, good for first jobs.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON31 January 2018
Store is usually quiet, when we are not doing anything we stand at the front of our cash and greet customers. Keep our cash clean, till is organized, supplies are organized in drawer. When we are done our shift we clean our cash and sanitize it. Clean baskets and take out garbage. Co-workers are very nice and approachable. Store is aesthetically pleasing and very clean. As my first job, pretty easy, nothing too challenging in managing the cash. Overall, a nice place to work and environment is very friendly.
Love this company
Operator (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON18 January 2018
It was a great honour to have taken party in the longos family body i was given a great opportunity with lots of room for growth. Employee retain-ice well and you are well compensated for your experience. The hardest part of my work day was actually getting to work to be honest with a great team and a very clean and well keep work place complimented by a amazing management team goes to say my time at longos was great. My favour part was the joy of just coming and going through my day just relax and chilled with inside secret that i can not mention you just have to be apart of it to know. With the end great company great brand and anyone seeking employment you are in for a great treat so enjoy .
Pros
compensation, salary, benefits and management
Cons
Cold, lack of knowlecdge in some aspects of employee guidance
Good
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 January 2018
A typical day of work is fine, good environment. Management provides comfortable work setting, family oriented business. Overall positive work culture.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
nothing
Good working experience
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON12 January 2018
This was the first job I had which dealt with customer service. The other workers in the deli department were a big help to my growth in the department. I learned and improved on many skills here including organization as well as teamwork and leadership.
Its a good job
Cake Decorator (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON11 January 2018
Its a good job but that it...its really long hours, there is absolutely no way you can have weekends off or even a weekend off you must work all weekend.
Cons
5am work shifts
Good place to be but overarching issues make it hard to be great
IT Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON9 January 2018
Started as an intern, worked my way to a contract position where I provide more than adequate assistance to the company, oftentimes containing incidents and issues that arose before escalating the issues to management.

My hours were good, consisting of 7:30 to 4 PM, often times I wouldn't take a lunch as there was work to finish and not enough bodies to help.

Great culture, easily one of the best places you can work in, but the workload and oftentimes lack of help negated the benefits of such a wonderful environment, of course, each department is different.

Management doesn't seem to listen to what is best for the team and would leave us going long periods of time or of any team meetings to regroup and process the needs of the company as a team unit.
Pros
Good environment, good people, great food
Cons
Lack of management and lack of able-bodied employees
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 January 2018
Good place to work offering part-time to full-time employment opportunities, there is so much room for advancement and the staff and management team are helpful and friendly
respectful and productive
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON2 January 2018
Would load carts of fresh produce and restock shelves. Would service customers and help them make choices with their grocery shop. Hardest part of job was loading heavy products.
Flexible job environment with opportunities in and out of your department. Interesting staff, reasonable and intelligent management.
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON1 December 2017
Working as a customer service rep at Longos exposes you to the good and bad inevitabilities of working directly with customers. It teaches you patience, quick thinking and eventually equips you with the rhythmic multi-tasking abilities of solving issues with your mind and words while simultaneously doing something completely unrelated with your hands. The management is always aware, observant, understanding and helpful when need be while the hours are often flexible while being fluent. The hardest part of the job would be learning codes, dealing with angry customers when they misinterpret prices and learning new and more intensive skills when (if) you are asked to move on to balance money and supervise the department. Along with every other difficulty, it only takes time before you get good. In better words, you'll get used to it.
Would not reccomend
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON25 November 2017
Terrible work environment. Very cold employees and very little sense of community within my department. Managers would not adhere to my schedule and I had to quit.
Good job
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Maple, ON11 November 2017
REAL good job, its all about the people you work with more than anything theirs a really good team at longos the only thing i would say is that its a beginning job don't stay there to long
Pros
good employees
Cons
low pay
Good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON19 October 2017
I would preform daily tasks such as, money count, daily product count, opening of the store. I would also regulate fellow employee breaks and lunches. I would also deal with disgruntled customer.
Weekend Rush
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON16 October 2017
Normally for a weekend rush, it starts between 10:30am-6pm. It defiantly keeps the day moving, unfortunately if there are times where we are caught up there is no time to slow down, and therefore your breaks get pushed back.

Being a floor supervisor at the time, always maintain the customer satisfaction and keeping the flow of the store at a decent level of speed while still showing communication and respect for those around.
Pros
Enjoy working in a fast pace environment
Cons
A lot of closing shifts
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 October 2017
Excellent place to work. Positive environment. great staff team. quality fresh food. large selection. challenging and satisfying job.They
are very good with helping other customers finding the isle where the items are kept
a positive and outgoing environment
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 October 2017
a productive ,welcoming environment,with hard workers who are willing to help you when ever you require the help. if you require any educating towards the department you are in you will receive that.
"The Kitchen"
general laborer in their warehouse location (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON16 September 2017
A nice little facility. Management is professional and courteous. The work is not too heavy and they provide free coffee for employees all day. Employees can buy a nice lunch their for a subsidized price which is always nice.
Pros
work is light.
Cons
Sometimes required to stay until the job is finished.
Porductive, Lots to learn, Amazing Mnagement
Assistant Grocery Manger (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON14 September 2017
Longos is a very organized establishment. They give you the tools you need to succeed. There is alot of room for growth. The culture is the greatest i have experienced anywhere. Your voice is always herd. Communication is great as everyone is always up to spead with new procedures and information. Makes you want to give the best you can.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Longo's. Our community is ready to answer.