We are a Canadian, family owned, independent food retailer which has grown and prospered since 1956. Our team members are dedicated to exceeding customer expectations by offering the best food experience to every customer, every time. It is through such commitment that Longo’s now operates 27 stores within the GTA, is celebrating over 50 years of business and is continuing to grow. Longo’s is recognized as a Platinum Member of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies.
Position: Project Manager – 1 Year Contract
Reports to: Executive Vice President, Operations
The Project Manager will lead, plan and implement the continuous improvement project ensuring it is delivered on time, within budget and scope. The incumbent is responsible for the roll out of the project plan, managing the schedule, budget and resource allocations and providing direction to the project team. The position also monitors progress and performance against objectives and provides regular status updates to stakeholders.
- Work with Senior Management and relevant stakeholders to define the project plan, scope and objectives ensuring technical feasibility
- Identify project tasks and resource requirements, select materials, equipment and external contractors
- Manages changes to the project scope, schedule and costs
- Resolve any operational issues and implement interventions to minimize any delays and escalate to management as needed.
- Develop detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Measure project performance against targets and milestones using appropriate tools and techniques
- Conduct quality assurance and risk management assessments to minimize project risks
Reporting and Documentation
- Conduct meetings and prepare reports to communicate status of project to stakeholders
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation including processes, methodologies and results
Budget and Resource Allocation
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors to execute projects tasks in a timely manner
- Manage project budget to ensure project is delivered on time and meets objectives
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Liaise with internal departments to secure specialized resources and contributions for the project
- Manage relationships with project team members and stakeholders
Health and Safety
- Promotes and endorses Safety Vision “Safety is our way of life”.
- Observes and support Longo’s Safe Work guidelines and other safe work practices.
- Role models the importance of health and safety by always working safely, and calls out and addressed and safety issues.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- University degree or college diploma, preferably in computers or engineering.
- 5 + years of experience in project management
- Experience in leading CI projects and delivering on target results
- Excellent client-facing and customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong project management and leadership skills
- Ability to lead change and influence, and develop relationships across multiple functional areas
- Strong organization and problem solving skills as well as analytical and planning abilities
Interested candidates are requested to forward a resume with a cover letter stating salary expectations to:
Human Resources - Longo’s Support Centre – Project Manager