Longhill Energy is an Ottawa based company that has become known for its specialty energy conservation products in the commercial HVAC industry. For over 30 years, Longhill Energy’s sales team has prided itself on offering advantages in design quality, energy efficiency, and overall performance of the products they offer. Having grown to represent nearly thirty manufacturers, they are able to offer solutions to challenging designs by working closely with consulting engineers, contractors, and owners.
Longhill Energy is currently seeking an experienced and talented sales engineer to join our fast paced team to promote, and sell HVAC equipment to the commercial, industrial and institutional construction industry. We seek sales professionals who are not only passionate about their work but also creative, innovative and want to take their sales career and compensation to the next level. Our creative and competitive sales environment rewards you for the ability to meet and exceed sales goals.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Developing and cultivating an assigned customer base consisting of mechanical contractors, engineers, developers and other key individuals involved in making mechanical systems equipment decisions on both small and large scale building projects
- Travelling within designated area to visit potential clients
- Conducting site visits to verify and document equipment conditions
- Coordinating sales project requirements by using efficient time management
- Combining technical knowledge and sales skills to offer the best solutions in a competitive market
- Using needs based selling tactics and effective customer relationship management to proficiently outsell the competition in a price competitive market incorporating quality, price and delivery
- Negotiating tender and contract terms to meet both client and company needs
- Preparing, and submitting quotations in a strategic manner
- Meeting regular sales targets including the analysis of costs to ensure profitability
- Providing pre-sales technical assistance and product education
- Helping in the design of custom made products and making equipment selections using vendor supplied software and/or catalogue information
- Coordination with equipment vendors and suppliers of selected equipment
QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION
- 5+ years of proven sales experience on large transactions for products or services
- Experience on selling to mechanical contractors, engineers and/or developers in the construction, mechanical, technical or HVAC sales industry
- Prospecting, closing and growing business accounts
- HVAC system design and component selections
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- French written and oral communication an asset
- Ability to meet deadlines and efficient time and workload management skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Business aptitude to understand the importance of client relationships with a view of developing these into new business opportunities
- Past employment experience within the HVAC construction industry preferred
- A degree or diploma in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent from a recognized post-secondary institution with specialization in the HVAC industry preferred
Please note only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Inside and outside sales positions are available.
No phone inquiries.
Indeed - 17 months ago