Long View Systems Employee Reviews

What a relief on leaving
Solution Architect (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 4, 2015
Worked there for nearly 5 years, great bunch of people initially and on the ground with clients and projects, but recently, the last year or so it seems to have lost focus and touch with many employees, the economy in Alberta means they are letting many good people go, which has the knock on impact of hitting service levels and capabilities for their customer base and dropping staff moral to a rock bottom, now many senior & key technical people have moved on or are looking to move due to lack of job security with LVS especially in Calgary.

Its a shame the whole, positive can do vibe of the company changed so rapidy with recent new management and major internal re orgs that put a halt on many peoples career aspirations and plans, even before the recession, with this now impacting on staff and taking many months to deliver on internally, I would not recommend LVS as an employer of choice any more.

I foresee LVS will also need to change their business model, moving away from one of their prior key strengths in the market, maintaining a permanent staff on which they could rapidly pull for customer needs to an increase of contract employees for customer specific projects as they win business in the future, with little difference from "the other guy", they will need to compete more on price alone, as opposed to capability to deliver (which has been much eroded with recent major staff reductions) and they then will have to compete for the contractors out there too.
Pros
Good group of smart people, great xmas event, good work life balance and package
Cons
Loosing direction, new management brought in from outside lacks ethics and compassion
Good culture, but victim of corporate shoddiness in Canada
System Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 20, 2015
You're a resource. Plain and simple. Just as when they run out of toner, when they run out of work you are on the street. There is not much else to tell.

The people you will be working with are great though. They are all top notch and very knowledgeable.
Pros
Good people to work with.
Cons
No economy resistance.
Great perks no advancement
Systems Consultant (Former Employee) –  EdmontonMay 26, 2015
The perks are great, but the money spent on the perks could be better invested in the employees salaries. Regardless of effort and tenure, salary never increases.
Pros
Free Lunches, Jasper Park Lodge for christmas party, company paid events
Cons
no advancement in company, salary never increases
Long View Systems was a great place to work
Systems Consultant (Former Employee) –  EdmontonMarch 13, 2015
I enjoyed my time at Long View systems.

I was sad to see it end but unfortunately in an economy heavily based by the price of oil, cuts had to be made
Pros
free lunch coffee and beverages
Cons
off site employees end up cut off form the corporate culture
Great company to work for
Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 9, 2015
Long View Systems has a great work environment and very good benefits. Management is always there to help and guide you if and when needed. The company is family-oriented and I take pride that I was a part of the company for a few years.
Productive and Fun workplace
Systems Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 19, 2015
Started off in this company as a Managed IT Services (MITS) consultant. My team lead realized the potential I have, he started to put me through numbers of training's. I achieved my VCP within 2 months and started to work for Bonavista as a site manager.

Now that I'm back to Toronto I've been working on extended list of clients and setting up new equipment and getting those clients up and ready for production as well as maintaining their environment.
management changes every few months, I hardly know anyone
Senior Oracle and SQLServer Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  calgary, ABJanuary 8, 2015
On-call is bad, get calls in the middle of the night at least once a week, clients are demanding. Bonus in Longview is very unfair and poor.
Great compan with awesome potential
VOIP TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AlbertaNovember 21, 2014
Long View Systems is a very family orientated company. They have many family outings at the zoo, stampede, CEO's ranch, etc. While working there I was contracted out to almost all the Oil and Gas clients in Calgary, which was a great learning experience for me.
Pros
family orientated
Great Team and Fun Environment
n/a (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 31, 2014
Definitely a place to work in a team environment.
Amazing culture built around professional development. You just need to be willing to put the work into your career.
Team management is open to new ideas and asks feedback in focus group settings. Open door environment.
Pros
free lunch, rsp, teamwork, opportunities for professional growth
Cons
informal/little documentation environment, need to take the initiative ask tons of questions to understand how things work
The idea of a great company, hiding in a poorly executed one.
Analyst (Former Employee) –  CalgaryMay 10, 2013
They are your basic IT staffing firm with one catch: they keep 60%+ of your rate, for as long as you are with them. It is far too much money for what they give you. They are one giant HR firm and do a good job of placing you, but they could not be more of a rip off.
Pros
found clients easily, the actual work was quite good and the environment was great
Cons
their cut of your rate is complete robbery.
One of the best VAR/integrators to work for!
Systems Consultant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 2, 2013
Great company with a family oriented culture and excellent industry reputation.
Pros
lunches, training
Cons
poor overtime compensation
Used to be a nice branch
System Consultant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 24, 2012
Edmonton Branch has been going down since last year. We had so much fun and it was a great place to work for. Recently, it is very tough to talk to people and management.
Overall, still nice people are around.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
weak management
Decent enough.
Systems Consultant (Current Employee) –  calgary abAugust 2, 2012
Its decent. Its easy to be wowed in. However its still a small company at heart.