Long View Systems

Long View Systems Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great company to work for
Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 9, 2015
Long View Systems has a great work environment and very good benefits. Management is always there to help and guide you if and when needed. The company is family-oriented and I take pride that I was a part of the company for a few years.
Productive and Fun workplace
Systems Consultant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 19, 2015
Started off in this company as a Managed IT Services (MITS) consultant. My team lead realized the potential I have, he started to put me through numbers of training's. I achieved my VCP within 2 months and started to work for Bonavista as a site manager.

Now that I'm back to Toronto I've been working on extended list of clients and setting up new equipment and getting those clients up and ready for production as well as maintaining their environment.
management changes every few months, I hardly know anyone
Senior Oracle and SQLServer Database Administrator (Former Employee), calgary, ABJanuary 8, 2015
On-call is bad, get calls in the middle of the night at least once a week, clients are demanding. Bonus in Longview is very unfair and poor.
Great compan with awesome potential
VOIP TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Calgary, AlbertaNovember 21, 2014
Pros: family orientated
Long View Systems is a very family orientated company. They have many family outings at the zoo, stampede, CEO's ranch, etc. While working there I was contracted out to almost all the Oil and Gas clients in Calgary, which was a great learning experience for me.
Great Team and Fun Environment
n/a (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: free lunch, rsp, teamwork, opportunities for professional growth
Cons: informal/little documentation environment, need to take the initiative ask tons of questions to understand how things work
Definitely a place to work in a team environment.
Amazing culture built around professional development. You just need to be willing to put the work into your career.
Team management is open to new ideas and asks feedback in focus group settings. Open door environment.
The idea of a great company, hiding in a poorly executed one.
Analyst (Former Employee), CalgaryMay 10, 2013
Pros: found clients easily, the actual work was quite good and the environment was great
Cons: their cut of your rate is complete robbery.
They are your basic IT staffing firm with one catch: they keep 60%+ of your rate, for as long as you are with them. It is far too much money for what they give you. They are one giant HR firm and do a good job of placing you, but they could not be more of a rip off.
One of the best VAR/integrators to work for!
Systems Consultant (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 2, 2013
Pros: lunches, training
Cons: poor overtime compensation
Great company with a family oriented culture and excellent industry reputation.
Used to be a nice branch
System Consultant (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 24, 2012
Pros: free lunches
Cons: weak management
Edmonton Branch has been going down since last year. We had so much fun and it was a great place to work for. Recently, it is very tough to talk to people and management.
Overall, still nice people are around.
Decent enough.
Systems Consultant (Current Employee), calgary abAugust 2, 2012
Its decent. Its easy to be wowed in. However its still a small company at heart.