Our Client, a long term care home in North Toronto is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Director of Care to join their team.
You will act in a leadership role to the nursing team in the planning, development and implementation of policies and procedures.
You will be responsible for the selection, placement, transfer and termination of nursing staff and the development of a human resource plan that will meet the needs and expectations of the resident population in accordance with the standards and guidelines of the Long Term Care Act.
You will provide ongoing guidance, coaching and support to the nursing staff, and will assist in the promotion of staff development, training and development and continuing education.
You possess strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to effectively manage relationships within the workplace and between residents, their family members and staff.
You are an energetic and extremely organized individual with the ability to effectively multi-task while dealing with conflicting priorities.
- Registered Nurse with a current certificate of competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BScN) (or currently enrolled) is an asset
- Three years of experience working as a registered nurse in the long-term care sector
- Three years of experience working as a registered nurse in a managerial or supervisory capacity in a health care setting
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
- Working knowledge of RAI/MDS and Point Click Care
- Experience in a unionized environment an asset.
***A valid criminal reference check including a vulnerable sector screen is required (not older than 6 months old).
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your resume in confidence via email to ltc.hire (at) gmail.com and quote "Director of Care" in the subject line.