London School of Business and Finance

London School of Business and Finance Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and busy workplace
Marketing & Recruitment Manager (Current Employee), London, WoolwichJanuary 28, 2014
I have gained alot of valuable experience by working for this institution and the other colleges that make up The Central London Campus Alliance.
Dont work here
Human Resources Officer (Former Employee), London, ENGJanuary 28, 2014
Not a good place to work, no nice people and very bad management.
Competitive with a balance
PROJECT EXECUTIVE (Current Employee), London, UKDecember 6, 2013
Pros: professional expansion, taking on different high level projects, working with a diverse work force, promotion as a result of doing different projects not limiting to my team/department, becoming a source of company information for new starters and employees
Cons: not been able to control the speed in which my skills were sought after
A typical day at work for me involves me accessing the sales report from all our campuses- Birmingham, Manchester, Toronto, Singapore, London and Online; This was to incentize the best sales person for the week. I also monitor the sales pattern of my team and keep an eye out for the product that are most selling as it gives me an insight on what training – more... needs are needed. I use the information based on my analysis on the sales report to select program consultants/mentors and pair up with Business Developers in need of it and use the sales information for interdepartmental sales strategy.

I proceed to organise team meetings with other departmental heads and follow up on pending projects while handling all human resource matters for the local (London) and international based Business developers( Africa and Asia).
Acting as a buddy /Following up on new starters and ensuring they have access to all relevant shared drive and links to start working effectively.

I liaise with program stakeholders and work with the IT department in recording departmental training videos while ensuring out clients and customers are up to date with our latest educational product and its unique selling points.

I have learnt the skill of multitasking, intense project management under strict deadlines, working with a diverse team and providing quality service internally to colleagues and externally with clients. I came to accept that I am synonymous to the information hub for the International department and my ability to execute projects effortlessly resulted to other managers from different departments seeking for my skill in managing their projects especially if it is a complex one.

The most enjoyable part of my job is been able to do so much and yet deliver quality regardless of time frame and quantity of projects while also feeling relevance in been part of an organisation that was providing quality education to the world. – less
about to leave
business developer (Current Employee), ManchesterJune 3, 2013
Pros: experience of working in difficult atmosphere
Cons: weak managment
Great team, but poor management destroys a lot of efforts put by employees, very much about sales and not interested in actual delivery of good and competitive services
about to leave
sales (Current Employee), UKJune 2, 2013
Pros: opportunities, expirience
Cons: no proper management
Good team but very bad management, do not consider as a place to work
Challenging and Rewarding
QA Manager (Current Employee), Finlayson GreenApril 19, 2013
Pros: good salary & career advancements
Cons: busy environment
One of the most rewarding places I have worked. They give due consideration for skills and ability. Unlike most local companies where lack of paper qualification is always an issue to climb the ladder.

A great place to hone my skills - The job here is not for quitters. Requires a strong character who can cope with a multitude of tasks.
Simply crazy place to work in
Former HR Manager (Former Employee), SingaporeMarch 26, 2013
Pros: some great colleagues
Cons: management is clueless about managing the business in singapore, practise favouritism; uselss qa dept
Management lacks leadership qualities! No equity in the organization. Anyway, it will pack up and go at the rate it's going. I rest my case.
Super crazy place to work in where favouritism is often practised
Former HR manager (Former Employee), SingaporeMarch 24, 2013
Pros: some great colleagues only
Cons: management hv no basic leadership skills; extremely poor foresight
Anyway it will not last long. I hv nvr seen a QA dep has so much say in any org. If you love lots of politicking then this is the place for u. I rest my case.
I am about to leave
Treated as not one of them (Current Employee), SingaporeMarch 22, 2013
Pros: occasionally good staff activities probably
Cons: unlimited
I am in there to witness that most of the comments mentioned are genuine. Nothing to censor, nothing defamatory.

You are expected to be a star player, if not, you cannot survive.

All humans are born similarly, we have our unique traits. No one should be higher than anyone. If you believed in this value, then I am afriad this is not the right place – more... for you to look forward to.

Lastly, if you enjoy listening to screamings, here is the best place for it. – less
Don't bother to consider joining them
admin (Former Employee), townMarch 19, 2013
Pros: many free lunch and dinner for colleagues leaving the company
Cons: long working hours, poor management
All the top management don't know the word "management"!
Extremely high turnover rate.
High turnover rate coupled with biased preference towards staff who are in sales or doing useless quality assurance
One of the Schools' executives (Former Employee), SgMarch 17, 2013
Pros: if you like on-the-surface pros
Cons: can i don't comment?
To be frank, our current HR manager has did his very best for the school. Thumbs up! for his world-class contribution.

Nevertheless, why is the attrition rate so high?

It is because of how our top Management biasedly love only people who directly contribute to the bottomline and those in the paper-only(nothing but theory) QA dept. The MD is so proud – more... of some of the loyal staff and quoted her favourite "disciple" all the time...

The enjoyable thing working in Singapore LSBF is its good colleagues, but they are all leaving day by day. Those who have worked so hard and value-added to the school is not even appreciated. Sad!

That is the reason why i tender my resignation but i know they are pleading me to reconsider now...will make them pay for it. – less
Please reconsider
Finance Head (Former Employee), SgMarch 13, 2013
Pros: nothing much to rave about, really
Cons: plenty
The accounts are in a mess, top management listens to people who are not experts in finance

Yet Finance refuse to do things that are related e.g ir8a matters, things linking to inland revenue, sdf, application internet banking on payroll e.t.c.

It is all about paranoid n undue stress
Company not to join
Bd (Former Employee), SingaporeMarch 11, 2013
Cons: lost count
Management treat us like mad n think that we are machine . Never try an attempt to rectify situation that make all the workers resign from the company
Very high turnover
Head of BD (Former Employee), SingaporeMarch 7, 2013
Pros: good workers
Cons: poor management
People in this place do not stay more than 3 months. The turnover is extremely high. This applies to even HODs. The working condition is terrible. Management treat their staff like equipments. If they quit just replace it. There is no considerable to improve the situation and condition. People keep leaving and the new comers is very confused since there – more... are no proper guidance. There is a lot of negativity in the company – less
A company not to join
Business Development (Former Employee), SingaporeMarch 5, 2013
Pros: good colleauges
Cons: extremely messy and not worth the pros. anyway your colleagues leaves faster than they join
Their Global Marketing Director is not professional in handling people. He does not treat people with respect. The turn over at their Singapore office is very high. People stay around less than 3 months.
Even HODs. Everything is extremely messy.
Lousy management
Marketing manager (Current Employee), LondonMarch 5, 2013
Pros: none at all
Cons: lost count
There is no direction whatsoever. This place sucks big time!!
Fast paced environment
Regional Business Development Executive (Former Employee), LondonJanuary 26, 2013
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: long hours
- A typical day at work would be dealing with students and agents on a regular basis, informing and training them with regards to the new products launched
- I have improved my marketing and communication skills
- My co-workers were the same age as I was therefore communication was much easier
- The hardest part of the job was dealing with the unprofessionalism – more... of Management
- The most enjoyable part of the job was planning the trips abroad for myself and for my team – less
Exciting, vibrant and ever-changing work environment
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee), LondonSeptember 10, 2012
Pros: lot's of social events and parties
Cons: sometimes long hours
Exciting, vibrant and ever-changing work environment. Motivated, driven and friendly employees.
Diverse and multi-cultural environment, composed of people who truly believe "anything is possible" and work accordingly every single day!
VERY QUIET AND NICE WORKERS
PCI Compliance Assistant (Former Employee), BirminghamJune 19, 2012
Pros: great manager
Cons: work load was not known
Checking and collating information on files both on paper and IT.
Buenos paquetes de retribución pero con cosas a mejorar
Agente de Alojamiento (Former Employee), Londres, GBRAugust 27, 2012
Pros: buena remuneración en comparación al mercado
Cons: mencionados
Mal manejo administrativo, falta de flujo de información y agilizamiento de toma de decisiones.
La comunicación efectiva con la alta gerencia es escasa y cuando ocurre es mala e inefectiva.
La importancia y atención otorgadas a los problemas del estudiantado son poca y lenta.

About London School of Business and Finance

The LSBF delivers world-class programmes - whether they are academic (such as our GGSB MBA and MIB) or practical (Sage Line 50, – Read more