LONDON LIFE Employee Reviews

it is just an awesome place to work
Technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  255 Dufferin av London ON19 December 2016
• Managing inventory and returned equipment
• Assist with hardware refresh by executing data backup/restore activities, installation of new desktops, laptops, and LAN printers at user locations and updating of asset records upon completion.
• Assist with the execution of IMAC services with technical and procedural guidance for desktops, laptops, personal mobile devices, printers and peripherals for head office and remote office locations within agreed service levels.
• Validate hardware and software requests for technical configuration, approvals, for completeness and compliance with corporate guidelines.
Pros
very flexible schedule, less supervisory, friendly athmosphere
Cons
temporary contract
Client Service Support
Client Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  London, ON13 November 2016
I'm responsible for ensuring that advisors and clients receive accurate entry of their trades with regard to segregated funds. The co-workers are awesome, but because we are large team it can often be niched.

It is great if you enjoy finance, data entry, and problem solving. The hardest part of the job for me was dealing with errors. I am less than detail oriented and it made it very hard to ensure accuracy.

Would recommend.
Pros
Discounted gym, benefits, and pension plan
Cons
A large portion of the team is on contract and permanent employment is never guaranteed.
stimulating workplace, great colleague
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  London, ON20 October 2016
Advisors are in sales so it is a challenging position. The best part is building long term relationships with clients and colleagues. Ongoing upgrades to industry education and the excellent support from subject matter experts and managers make it a unique place to work.
Pros
essentially self employed so you can mange your time and order your life to suit your needs.
Cons
you only get paid when clients take your advice, investment of time and effort does not always result in a pay cheque.
Relaxed workplace
Career Center Manager (Current Employee) –  London, ON2 December 2016
London Life (LL) is a relaxed place to work. It offers a very good work-life balance but may not be the right place for dynamic people who are seeking to grow. The culture is resistant to change and is political. Overall, it is the right place to work if all you see is "stability".
Pros
Relaxed, Laid Back
Cons
No growth or dynamism
Great place to work and grow
Sr. Client Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  London, ON5 January 2017
I really like working at London Life. It can be difficult to get in full-time permanent though. They hire a lot of contract positions and lead wit a possibility of becoming permanent. I am still waiting to get to that point.
Pros
great co-workers, team leads and managers
Cons
contract work
Welfare is a better opportunity
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ON14 December 2016
On the ground staff do nothing but lie about 'opportunity' presented. Offer up salary guarantees but then do nothing once they are not met except blame someone else.
Pros
Job in name only; you'll learn to identify liars quickly
Cons
Co-workers; literally everything
my day at work
Distribution Clerk (Current Employee) –  London, ON11 July 2016
a typical day at work is to open up mail, date stamp it, sort it to the correct teams.

My team is 4 employees. There are some issues with a few of them.
Not finishing their task and leaving it for someone else to do.

The hardest part of the job is to meet tight deadlines. I find it hard to do so because not everyone is a team player. Adds more pressure to everyone else.

The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing I gave it 100% and I can go home knowing that I gave it all
Pros
sometimes we get free lunches. Team events
Cons
Long hours during RSP season. Not alot of help if need it.
Great Training - but 8 of 10 advisors will fail 1st year in any Life company
Financiel Securities Marketing (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON24 October 2016
Like Door to Door? Financial advising is a hard gig, lots of training, learning plus you need to be able to organize yourself to a plan. 9-10 of financial advisors will quit in the first year - that's with any Life company!
London Life's excellent training offers huge acceptance if you are moving over to any insurance agency looking for life licenses,.. including general insurance.
Make your plan A and a plan B. Don't waste money on office space, too expensive on bad months. Do your own support(support people are failed advisors). Pick a market and get calling - in person.
All successful Advisors have one thing in common - hard work 24/7. Like any new business,.. you eat, drink and breath your new business. After 2-3 years? You can decide if you can take it easy on holidays. Note: there is no seasonality to financial advising, those that say there is? Are not your friends. Good Luck!
Pros
excellent training, good support
Cons
overhead costs, cost of computer
Overall great company
Bilingual Quality Assurance Auditor (Current Employee) –  London, ON20 September 2016
Great company to work for, however I had a very bad experience with my direct leader/management. Several opportunities for career advancement.
Not a bad place to start a career
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL22 April 2016
Good place to learn about the Financial Services Business. To get appropriate support you must be willing to work hard very the first minute you walk through the door. If you cannot do that London Life is not for you.
Pros
Good recognition
Cons
If anything in life goes wrong, little to no support
Challenging in the best way...
IRIS Business Process Specialist (Current Employee) –  London, ON14 March 2016
I have worked at London Life Head Office for 10 years. Most of the managers I have had are excellent and I learned a great deal from their leadership.

Co-workers were all excellent, with a great team spirit and desire to help one another succeed. My specific team is very vocal, and we love to debate and give our opinions, but always in a friendly and respectful way that made the process fun.

The best part of my job was the opportunity to familiarize myself with the overall Wealth Management Operations and build relationships with people at all levels of the organization. I was not limited to a small sphere.
Pros
Education and training access, benefits, job security
Cons
Old mainframe systems with diminishing available expertise
excellent managment
Distribution Service Assistant (contract) (Current Employee) –  London, ON8 March 2016
Love working at this company. Lots of internal jobs to apply to and move up. Always offer more training and continuing education.
na
Administrative Support Clerk (Current Employee) –  London, ON26 October 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. The office started to get crowded as the company grew.
Excellent work environment, interesting projects
Office (Current Employee) –  London, ON4 February 2016
The people are great and I was always given new and interesting work to work on. Developed new skills. Adding more for word count here.
ok
First Level Bilingual Technical Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee) –  London, ON5 January 2016
good place to work, talk to lots of clients on telephone and email, great enviroment, was there for short term contract, good opportunity for advsacment
Benefit Payment Office
Claims Processor (Current Employee) –  London, ONt27 July 2015
Throughout the day I organize multiple different claim forms (medical, heath and dental) and enter them into Great West Life's database. Through this experience I have learned the importance of attention to detail and accuracy as well as the ins and outs of basic office procedures. The hardest part about this job is the isolation and lack of communication with others as a requirement of this job is 98% accuracy and 100% focus. The best part about this job is that at the end of day I get to leave and not worry about bringing work home with me or thinking about it after I leave the office.
Very good education
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Regina Sk and North Bay ON11 January 2016
Loved meeting new people. Travelled, won awards, free trips. Worked with a great group of people. The education was a great experience.
Pros
Education
Cons
Nights and weekends
Good organization
Bilingual Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  London, ON24 April 2015
 Responsible for answering telephone, voice mail and email inquiries from internal agents
 Investigating and diagnosing issues, recording the incident, and restoring service if possible or assigning incidents to second level support teams
 Contribute to content located in Service Desk Knowledge base
 Maintaining a high level of customer service
 Representing the Service desk on Transition to production projects
marketing, filing, paperwork, inputting data, sales when required
Marketing/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, Ontario5 March 2015
Very difficult industry, always having to look for your next client whether you are at work or not. Convincing people they need what you are selling isn't easy because it deals with death sickness and retirement.

Co workers aren't really an issue as you are considered business for self.

Hardest part is commission sale and enjoyable part is interacting with the clients.
Pros
Worked for husband
Cons
Worked for husband
A day as A life and marketfund agent
Life Insurance and Marketfund Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON7 November 2013
This was a very different type of job, you had to be very self motivated. You saw the hardest things in life such as death, and then deal with people that did not see the benefits-importance of having life products.
The manager and office staff were amazing. They always rewarded the hard work and did a lot of group functions. The hardest part of my job is when London Life was sold to another company. Seeing the service part of London Life not being exercised was very hard.
Pros
Meeting so many people and gaining there trust.
Cons
Company take over