LONDON LIFE Employee Reviews

Bad Leadership - Great People
Manager (Current Employee) –  London, ON16 October 2017
Our company is currently going through a restructure and cost cutting exercise that is expected to last multiple years.
They have proven that there is very little job security available within this company at this time.
The current culture and atmosphere is toxic.
Leadership is poor at all levels. Only the top crust of executives have an idea of what is going on and they are not sharing with their direct reports.
Very little trust between leadership and practitioners.
HR department is not very good.
Great people at the practitioner level.
Great Cafeteria.
fun
Insurance Advisor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 September 2017
the district director and some managers turned the other way when clients were being ripped off by the agents in order to make a lot of money. This was unfortunate
Pros
learned to sell
Cons
long hours just commission
n/a
Client Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  London, ON25 August 2017
London life is located Downtown London . It is a very stressful job.
Hard to work with the unknown of what is going on day to day with them walking people out the door
Pros
It is a pay check
Cons
I do not like the people
Good company
Trust and Settlement Clerk (Former Employee) –  London, ON23 August 2017
London Life is an established well respected company in the city of London. It provides good benefits to it's employees and competitive salaries. Excellent community citizen.
Great Place to work
Technical Specialist Accounting (Current Employee) –  255 Dufferin ave.17 August 2017
I have always have had great success working with co-workers, management, and customers in my career with London Life. The company takes pride in its work and the management has always encouraged everyone to ask questions and enhance your knowledge though many educational options available in house and outside the company.
Overall, a fantastic place to work.
Data Entry Processor (Former Employee) –  London, ON13 August 2017
Great company with supportive management and lots of opportunities for education and advancement. A leader in both the industry and in the community through various events such at the Forest City Road Races.
Lots of perks through employee benefits. Was a huge privilege to work at London Life.
Great place to work, unfortunately no advancement potential
Office Support Administrative Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 July 2017
It has been a great time working for London Life, I have learned a lot in my time there. However due to some resent cutbacks, advancement opportunities will be scare at best, non-existent at worst.
Pros
A lot of employee events, great culture
Cons
No advancement potential
Loved my co-workers, Managers were inexperienced
UX Designer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 July 2017
I worked in the Digital Department side and felt that my manager had less experience in the field than I did. I hardly ever had any work to do, and when I did it wasn't challenging. This department was very unorganized and it was difficult to do your job correctly because there was a lot of politics and red tape. After I eventually left, a lot of other people did and many were let go/laid off as well. You'd think for an insurance company they would have awesome benefits, but they are pretty basic.
Pros
nice office, good location, good hours
Cons
work isn't challenging
A pleasant work environment with helpful and courteous people.
Filing Clerk (Former Employee) –  London, ON9 July 2017
A great workplace. Plenty of room for creative problem solving and learning new skills. Management was very pleasant and coworkers were very helpful.
Peu de soutien aux nouveaux employés
Conseiller financier (Former Employee) –  Gatineau, QC4 June 2017
-gestion du temps
-Travailleur autonome
-peu d'encadrement

Want to know more about LONDON LIFE?

Ask a question
AML/ATF Corporate Compliance Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  London Life, London Ontario30 May 2017
I started on contract in Corporate Compliance and became permanent part time working a full time day because the workload demanded me to be there full time. Enjoyed my job and enjoyed the people I worked with. I retired from London Life Dec. 31, 2017 and would still like to continue working part time or contract at a job to keep me occupied when I am not working in my gardens at home. Working two or three days a week would be ideal.
Pros
great co-workers, feeling of satisfaction completing work
Cons
heavy workload at times
blah blah blah
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON19 May 2017
If you want to work in big business where the bosses are all incestuous then you have found the right home. people here are fake and nasty be warned..
See death of a salesman
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON13 May 2017
Like the movie you Can never go Back in time but Now I could make a killing doing this job but back in the days gone by before the internet explosion and 9/11 it was a boiler Room environnement.
Pros
Writeing off everything
tough business...
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS10 May 2017
the business is tough to get going. the company offers a great training program and allowance to help you get started. it's a people business and the more you know the better you will do.
Opportunity for advancement
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  London, ON8 May 2017
Very accommodating to employee - life balance. Opportunity with management backing for advancement. Employees treated well and with respect. Excellent training provided with New Business
Avoid it
Contract Auditing and Corrections (Current Employee) –  London, ON22 April 2017
The contract auditing department is awful.They go through management turnover because no one wants to stay and the workers who do everything get treated poorly. It's a never ending contract without security or benefits.
Great place to work with many benefits included.
Claims Assessor/Customer Service/Systems Support (Former Employee) –  London, ON21 April 2017
Many people work their entire lives here and retire with great benefits. The offices are nice with a fabulous cafeteria, access to on-sight medical help, and a fitness centre.
Pros
The on-sight employee benefits.
Cons
Downtown location makes parking difficult
Claims adjudicator
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  London, ON21 March 2017
A typical day at work would involve processing health and dental claims as well as hospital claims to process a benefit check for the recipient. Limited customer contact with this position.
Food Service/Cafeteria terrible place to work
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  London, ON13 March 2017
I worked in the 4th floor cafeteria as a dish room supervisor. First of all, probationary period here is 6 months not the usual 3 as at other companies. Cafeteria management is the worst I've ever seen in this industry. Management leads you to believe you are doing a great job and fills you with false hope. When I was released from my position just before the end of my probation management refused to give me a specific reason why they felt I didnt meet their expectations. Best of luck to the next individual who applies for the Dish Room Porter Lead Hand position. People call in sick constantly and constantly understaffed. The employees who have been there awhile get away with things they would never get away with at any other company.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Poor Management
Life Insurance / Segregated Funds
Life Insurance Representative (Former Employee) –  London, Ontario8 March 2017
I love working with people and assisting them to find coverage for their needs. With Segregated Funds invested under an Insurance Company there is good return on investment and safety of the investment.