LONDON LIFE Employee Reviews

Peu de soutien aux nouveaux employés
Conseiller financier (Former Employee) –  Gatineau, QC4 June 2017
-gestion du temps
-Travailleur autonome
-peu d'encadrement
AML/ATF Corporate Compliance Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  London Life, London Ontario30 May 2017
I started on contract in Corporate Compliance and became permanent part time working a full time day because the workload demanded me to be there full time. Enjoyed my job and enjoyed the people I worked with. I retired from London Life Dec. 31, 2017 and would still like to continue working part time or contract at a job to keep me occupied when I am not working in my gardens at home. Working two or three days a week would be ideal.
Pros
great co-workers, feeling of satisfaction completing work
Cons
heavy workload at times
blah blah blah
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON19 May 2017
If you want to work in big business where the bosses are all incestuous then you have found the right home. people here are fake and nasty be warned..
See death of a salesman
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON13 May 2017
Like the movie you Can never go Back in time but Now I could make a killing doing this job but back in the days gone by before the internet explosion and 9/11 it was a boiler Room environnement.
Pros
Writeing off everything
tough business...
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS10 May 2017
the business is tough to get going. the company offers a great training program and allowance to help you get started. it's a people business and the more you know the better you will do.
Opportunity for advancement
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  London, ON8 May 2017
Very accommodating to employee - life balance. Opportunity with management backing for advancement. Employees treated well and with respect. Excellent training provided with New Business
Avoid it
Contract Auditing and Corrections (Current Employee) –  London, ON22 April 2017
The contract auditing department is awful.They go through management turnover because no one wants to stay and the workers who do everything get treated poorly. It's a never ending contract without security or benefits.
Great place to work with many benefits included.
Claims Assessor/Customer Service/Systems Support (Former Employee) –  London, ON21 April 2017
Many people work their entire lives here and retire with great benefits. The offices are nice with a fabulous cafeteria, access to on-sight medical help, and a fitness centre.
Pros
The on-sight employee benefits.
Cons
Downtown location makes parking difficult
Claims adjudicator
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  London, ON21 March 2017
A typical day at work would involve processing health and dental claims as well as hospital claims to process a benefit check for the recipient. Limited customer contact with this position.
Food Service/Cafeteria terrible place to work
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  London, ON13 March 2017
I worked in the 4th floor cafeteria as a dish room supervisor. First of all, probationary period here is 6 months not the usual 3 as at other companies. Cafeteria management is the worst I've ever seen in this industry. Management leads you to believe you are doing a great job and fills you with false hope. When I was released from my position just before the end of my probation management refused to give me a specific reason why they felt I didnt meet their expectations. Best of luck to the next individual who applies for the Dish Room Porter Lead Hand position. People call in sick constantly and constantly understaffed. The employees who have been there awhile get away with things they would never get away with at any other company.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Poor Management
Life Insurance / Segregated Funds
Life Insurance Representative (Former Employee) –  London, Ontario8 March 2017
I love working with people and assisting them to find coverage for their needs. With Segregated Funds invested under an Insurance Company there is good return on investment and safety of the investment.
Carefree laid back atmosphere
File Clerk (Current Employee) –  London, ON23 February 2017
Sorted the files that came and filed them in the appropriate areas. Friendly bosses and co-workers, relaxing place to work.
Pros
stress free job
Cons
Paper cuts
Great place to work and grow
Sr. Client Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  London, ON5 January 2017
I really like working at London Life. It can be difficult to get in full-time permanent though. They hire a lot of contract positions and lead wit a possibility of becoming permanent. I am still waiting to get to that point.
Pros
great co-workers, team leads and managers
Cons
contract work
it is just an awesome place to work
Technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  255 Dufferin av London ON19 December 2016
• Managing inventory and returned equipment
• Assist with hardware refresh by executing data backup/restore activities, installation of new desktops, laptops, and LAN printers at user locations and updating of asset records upon completion.
• Assist with the execution of IMAC services with technical and procedural guidance for desktops, laptops, personal mobile devices, printers and peripherals for head office and remote office locations within agreed service levels.
• Validate hardware and software requests for technical configuration, approvals, for completeness and compliance with corporate guidelines.
Pros
very flexible schedule, less supervisory, friendly athmosphere
Cons
temporary contract
Welfare is a better opportunity
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ON14 December 2016
On the ground staff do nothing but lie about 'opportunity' presented. Offer up salary guarantees but then do nothing once they are not met except blame someone else.
Pros
Job in name only; you'll learn to identify liars quickly
Cons
Co-workers; literally everything
Relaxed workplace
Career Center Manager (Current Employee) –  London, ON2 December 2016
London Life (LL) is a relaxed place to work. It offers a very good work-life balance but may not be the right place for dynamic people who are seeking to grow. The culture is resistant to change and is political. Overall, it is the right place to work if all you see is "stability".
Pros
Relaxed, Laid Back
Cons
No growth or dynamism
Client Service Support
Client Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  London, ON13 November 2016
I'm responsible for ensuring that advisors and clients receive accurate entry of their trades with regard to segregated funds. The co-workers are awesome, but because we are large team it can often be niched.

It is great if you enjoy finance, data entry, and problem solving. The hardest part of the job for me was dealing with errors. I am less than detail oriented and it made it very hard to ensure accuracy.

Would recommend.
Pros
Discounted gym, benefits, and pension plan
Cons
A large portion of the team is on contract and permanent employment is never guaranteed.
Great Training - but 8 of 10 advisors will fail 1st year in any Life company
Financiel Securities Marketing (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON24 October 2016
Like Door to Door? Financial advising is a hard gig, lots of training, learning plus you need to be able to organize yourself to a plan. 9-10 of financial advisors will quit in the first year - that's with any Life company!
London Life's excellent training offers huge acceptance if you are moving over to any insurance agency looking for life licenses,.. including general insurance.
Make your plan A and a plan B. Don't waste money on office space, too expensive on bad months. Do your own support(support people are failed advisors). Pick a market and get calling - in person.
All successful Advisors have one thing in common - hard work 24/7. Like any new business,.. you eat, drink and breath your new business. After 2-3 years? You can decide if you can take it easy on holidays. Note: there is no seasonality to financial advising, those that say there is? Are not your friends. Good Luck!
Pros
excellent training, good support
Cons
overhead costs, cost of computer
stimulating workplace, great colleague
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  London, ON20 October 2016
Advisors are in sales so it is a challenging position. The best part is building long term relationships with clients and colleagues. Ongoing upgrades to industry education and the excellent support from subject matter experts and managers make it a unique place to work.
Pros
essentially self employed so you can mange your time and order your life to suit your needs.
Cons
you only get paid when clients take your advice, investment of time and effort does not always result in a pay cheque.
Endroit très agréable
Adjointe administrative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 September 2016
les journée bien remplis, beaucoup de clientèle au courant de la journée, Répartition du courrier de 150 personnes approx. réparation de photocopieur, distribuer les paies, et ect....

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LONDON LIFE. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval