London Health Sciences Centre

London Health Sciences Centre Employee Reviews

A leading healthcare facility
Admin/Professional (Current Employee) –  London, ON6 July 2016
Great hospital with an environment that is challenging and provides a platform for growth. Healthcare as an industry provides challenges and LHSC works to remain within the constraints set by outside sources. The culture remains strong in supporting the staff and the organization as a whole presents as a supportive network within its own restrictions.
Great job, excellent experience and lots of friends made
Fire Prevention Security and Emergency Response (Former Employee) –  London, ON11 September 2016
Job was great, not a lot of room for advancement for non clinical opportunities in leadership. Front line experience is unmatched, job allows for discretion and ability to make of it what you wish as an employee. Invaluable and forever appreciative of my time at LHSC
Great place to work overall
Registered Nurse- Vascular Cardiology (Current Employee) –  London, ON8 August 2016
Overall LHSC is an amazing place to work. Management is great, experience is great, and other co-workers are great! Vascular is a high-paced sometimes challenging work environment but is do-able.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Can be overwhelming
Teamwork
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  London, ON1 November 2016
I like the family spirit and the culture of trust and freedom at London Health Sciences Centre. Work place is very safe and providing a lot of support. I enjoy working at LHSC
Working for London Health Sciences Centre
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, ON17 May 2016
I spent many years working at LHSC; and during my time there I was submersed into many different aspects of the organization. Although, there are always good and bad experiences, just like any job; I came to make out making a family rather than just co-workers. The only complaint at this time would be the work/life balance; there seems to be a disconnect that requires a lot of work.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Very productive
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, ON23 April 2016
Great environment
Flexible hours
Data clerk
hardest part of the job is repeating the same thing over and over again
Enjoyable part, great co-workers and boss
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Long Hours
I find my current position very enjoyable.
Medical Transcriptionist/Editor (Current Employee) –  London, ON30 August 2016
It is a very pleasant environment to work and I enjoy what I do and going to work every day. I work in an office on my own with little to no supervision but I am focused and complete my daily tasks by the end of each day.
A nice organization that welcomes diversity in its workforce
Practicum Student (Current Employee) –  London, ON8 July 2016
It's a great working experience, there is a lot to learn. I have personally learned workplace cultural sensitivity .My co-workers are very supportive and ready to help when called upon.
Pros
Networking opportunities, Building strong relationships
Productive and fun place to work
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  London, ON25 October 2015
Fun work place with a very supportive management. Boutique call center environment. I loved the diversity of the clients we supported and the variety of roles and responsibilities I held.
Pros
Challenging yet satisfying
Cons
Not a lot of room for advancement
Ok if you're white, straight and married
Different positions (Former Employee) –  London, ON26 April 2013
Worst place I've ever worked. Racist and homophobic environment. No job security. Everyone there is married to someone else who works there and their kids work there too so unless you're part of the click you won't fit in. Very judgmental environment and the management is horrendous. Unless you enjoy psychological terrorism stay away from LHSC. Work for St. Joe's instead where you'll be treated like a human being with more compassion and caring.
Pros
average pay and average benefits
Cons
no job security, poor management, no room for advancement.
Great place to work with great people to work with
Environmental Service Worker (Current Employee) –  London, ON2 February 2016
Cleaning patient spaces in order to prevent infectious diseases from spreading. Great people to work with including coordinators, SSW's, Porters, PSW's, and nursing staff. The most enjoyable part of the job, other than the people, was learning about the various medical professions throughout the hospital.
Pros
Great people to work with
Professional place to work
Administration MOA (Former Employee) –  London, ON3 June 2015
Scheduling- filled shifts for full time, part-time and casual employees
Staffing- allocated 150 staff to fill various jobs in multiple departments
Payroll-submitted hours worked in program on computer(Workbrain)
Customer service-interaction in person, and telephone conversations
Filing reports
Printing and photocopying
Pros
Working in a healthcare field which I totally enjoyed
OR AIDE IN OPERATING ROOM
Service Social Worker (Current Employee) –  London, ON3 January 2015
I set up the tables and beds for patients getting surgery . The OR is super busy each and everyday. there lost of different people with different ideas , I get along with everyone and hear people out. A typical day at work is interesting running too blood bank and cleaning up after surgery . I love my job very much im a people person, wanting more work and hours!!!! :):) Hope too hear from you!
Pros
loving working with people, making a difference, learning new things everyday
Cons
long hours, weekends
Fast paced
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  London, ON7 November 2015
I found that the team members that I worked along side were fun and friendly but at the same time very serious. The supervisor was alright but he was too involved in expanding for a profit to realize that a few of his workers were being very vulgar to other employees and came into work smelling of alcohol.
Energetic, continually changing and high paced environment with an incredibly supportive and interactive crew of health care professionals
PRN (Current Employee) –  Commissioners Road, London Ontario13 July 2013
Come to work half hour to 15 min early and receive verbal, bedside report from off going nurses. Introduce self to patients and write own name on their care boards at patients bedside. Review mars and then charts. Give medications as prescribed by doctors. Facilitate and advocate for patients regarding ongoing care with other health care team members. Transcribe any doctors orders and enter any information, labs or appointments into Cerner Powerchart. Bath, dress, feed, toilet and transfer patients as needed for appointments and/or ambulation needs. Transfer and admit patients. Communicate with families members as needed and permitted to develop a good care plan for patient. Document any significant findings and if needed call doctor to report findings. Work with other nurses as a team to assist with any tasks they may need help with. Report off to other nurses when they come onto shift by giving bedside verbal reporting.
Pros
Excellent team
Cons
Management is mainly concerned with their own bottom line
Communication Clerk (Current Employee) –  London, ON14 July 2015
Very busy enviroment
management concerned in own bottom line
most enjoyable part of job is patient care
hard working co workers
Laid back summer employment.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, ON21 October 2015
Just helped with filing around the office. Really nice people to work with. Not a very demanding job. Good job of enforcing the importance of confidentiality as you are dealing with patients personal medical information.
Amazing place to work
Student (Former Employee) –  London, ON15 December 2012
I was a student doing my internship here, so I was unpaid. However, I imagine the salary and benefits were fair at this location. I loved my time at the LHSC, everyone was professional and there was a lot of room to expand your knowledge or to advance.
High Pace Work environment
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  London, ON31 August 2015
Handling high call volume and on top of that dealing with internal emergency calls , on night shift you're alone doing this all by yourself so you learn how to multitask very quickly .
Pros
Consistent Hours
Cons
Poorly Ran
A rewarding career starts at LHSC.
Laboratory Assistant III (TECH III) (Current Employee) –  london, ontario15 May 2014
LHSC is a pioneer in medical advancement and this is demonstrated in the Laboratory. A typical day can be both fun and rewarding. It will both challenge your knowledge and keep you motivated for personal advancement. The peope are great.

4.3