London Health Sciences Centre

London Health Sciences Centre Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun Workplace
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), London, ONJune 4, 2015
Amazing people at work, very friendly and helpful, good feedback, laid back, ability to take time off, amazing mentor, feedback from supervisors and managers
Professional place to work
Administration MOA (Former Employee), London, ONJune 3, 2015
Pros: Working in a healthcare field which I totally enjoyed
Cons: Long hours
Scheduling- filled shifts for full time, part-time and casual employees
Staffing- allocated 150 staff to fill various jobs in multiple departments
Payroll-submitted hours worked in program on computer(Workbrain)
Customer service-interaction in person, and telephone conversations
Filing reports
Printing and photocopying
fun workplace
Perioperative Nursing Practicum Intern (Former Employee), London, ONFebruary 4, 2015
Great resources to help facilitate learning while employed, enjoyable overall experience. I was just a student here, not a full employee.
Excellent Staff
Emergency Department Technician (Current Employee), Victoria HospitalJanuary 12, 2015
I enjoy working at LHSC Vistoria Hospital. Its knowledgable and professional staff are easy to get along with and excellent coworkers.
OR AIDE IN OPERATING ROOM
Service Social Worker (Current Employee), London, ONJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: loving working with people, making a difference, learning new things everyday
Cons: long hours, weekends
I set up the tables and beds for patients getting surgery . The OR is super busy each and everyday. there lost of different people with different ideas , I get along with everyone and hear people out. A typical day at work is interesting running too blood bank and cleaning up after surgery . I love my job very much im a people person, wanting more work and hours!!!! :):) Hope too hear from you!
A rewarding career starts at LHSC.
Laboratory Assistant III (TECH III) (Current Employee), london, ontarioMay 15, 2014
LHSC is a pioneer in medical advancement and this is demonstrated in the Laboratory. A typical day can be both fun and rewarding. It will both challenge your knowledge and keep you motivated for personal advancement. The peope are great.
Pharmacy
Pharmacy Distribution Assistant (Former Employee), London OntarioSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: working
I worked in a very fast paced changing environment daily, it was always busy and I loved it. I would volunteer to do new task with minimal direction and accomplish the complete expectation. I always get along with my co workers as work must be a professional environment.I thrive best when I work and my attendance is perfect.
Energetic, continually changing and high paced environment with an incredibly supportive and interactive crew of health care professionals
PRN (Current Employee), Commissioners Road, London OntarioJuly 13, 2013
Pros: excellent team
Cons: long hours
Come to work half hour to 15 min early and receive verbal, bedside report from off going nurses. Introduce self to patients and write own name on their care boards at patients bedside. Review mars and then charts. Give medications as prescribed by doctors. Facilitate and advocate for patients regarding ongoing care with other health care team members. Transcribe any doctors orders and enter any information, labs or appointments into Cerner Powerchart. Bath, dress, feed, toilet and transfer patients as needed for appointments and/or ambulation needs. Transfer and admit patients. Communicate with families members as needed and permitted to develop a good care plan for patient. Document any significant findings and if needed call doctor to report findings. Work with other nurses as a team to assist with any tasks they may need help with. Report off to other nurses when they come onto shift by giving bedside verbal reporting.
Excellent hospital
Medical Radiation Technologist Student (Former Employee), London, ONMay 10, 2013
Pros: largest hospital in ontario - variety of patients
Busy trauma hospital handling a variety of patient acuity. Excellent staff to work with...
Ok if you're white, straight and married
Different positions (Former Employee), London, ONApril 26, 2013
Pros: average pay and average benefits
Cons: no job security, poor management, no room for advancement.
Worst place I've ever worked. Racist and homophobic environment. No job security. Everyone there is married to someone else who works there and their kids work there too so unless you're part of the click you won't fit in. Very judgmental environment and the management is horrendous. Unless you enjoy psychological terrorism stay away from LHSC. Work for St. Joe's instead where you'll be treated like a human being with more compassion and caring.
Amazing place to work
Student (Former Employee), London, ONDecember 15, 2012
I was a student doing my internship here, so I was unpaid. However, I imagine the salary and benefits were fair at this location. I loved my time at the LHSC, everyone was professional and there was a lot of room to expand your knowledge or to advance.

February 27, 2013

Hey, did you do your placement in ultrasound there?

Good organization to work for
Coordinator (Current Employee), London, ONNovember 24, 2012
Pros: experience, pay, pension, benefits
Pay, benefits, and pension are all very good. Great job experience and a lot of great people working there.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), London, ONNovember 14, 2012
Pros: continuing education
Cons: staff shortages
Busy work enviornment in a progressive and education based facility.
no career potential
Biomedical Engineering Technologist (Current Employee), London, ONMay 6, 2012
Management composed of the least qualified. Front line workers are the only asset in this organization

About London Health Sciences Centre

As London, Ontario’s largest employer, London Health Science Centre is home to Children's Hospital, University Hospital, – Read more