London Drugs Employee Reviews

Large company that makes it hard for newer members due to old fashion policies.
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC30 November 2016
Normally i'm at the front desk, handling customer needs that our cashiers and stock team are unable to deal with. This includes checking stock, ordering products in, selling bus fair, lottery tickets, cigarettes and dealing with refunds.

Management is hit and miss, worked with great supervisors and managers but also dealt with selfish and lazy ones as well.

Hardest part of the job is dealing with customers, no one likes to be rejected and sometimes situations escalate quickly. Also being newer to the company i often got stuck with closing shifts which had a very heavy impact on my personal life. i would often close 3-4 times a week since most of the people working in my position been with the company for 10 years+.

Most enjoyable part of the job is staff, being in the front desk i tend to micro manage the cashiers and stock team to help certain needs (helping customers find products, carry out, checking stock). The ones i worked with always had a good attitudes and were team players. Especially during the night when the floor staff only have 2-3 members to close the store (excluding departments).
Pros
very secure once you get in, good benefits after first year, staff is generally friendly
Cons
seniority is priority which means you will be working late shifts, constant hour cuts makes it very stressful for the closing team to run the store with minimal staff, almost no staff parking
Friendly coworkers that respect each other
Cashier/Post Office/ Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 August 2016
- wonderful coworkers, very supportive of each other
- has reward system for those who work hard
- upbeat and understanding management
- if you are interested, they can offer training in different departments such as post office, pharmacy, photos, stocking, etc, within the store.
- training sessions are informative and covers the job well

- hard part is mostly part time hours only for regular staff
- Enjoyable part: for my own positions, it is not stressful, not too labor intensive, not exposed to harmful chemicals. I have lot of time to read my manuals to perfect my job responsibilities.
Pros
Company staff discounts, comfortable lunchroom with coffee and microwave
Cons
Mostly part time hours only for my type of positions
Amazing company
Department Manager of General Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 July 2016
Amazing company to work for. Only left for personal reasons otherwise would have been there to this day. Enjoyed my five years none the less. Still recommend this company to this day.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Poor Schedule
Sometimes enjoyable workplace with enjoyable coworkers.
Cahier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 July 2016
Miserable managers, few fun coworkers. Everyone quits after a few months or so. Customers are usually nice. Salary does not match for the amount of work you do, you are underpaid.
I worked as a cashier and the environment i worked in was really friendly and comfortable.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 January 2016
I liked working there as they took care of my schedule and also paid for hard work.
Sometimes it got really hard for me to reach early and end up late, but then i enjoyed working there.
I learnt to be discipline, friendly, punctual, hard working, polite and experienced.
My co workers were really friendly. Many of them are still in touch of me. It was like we had made a family there.
The hardest part of the job was when i had to end late and the store was about to get closed, but customers still came in. I got anxious in such situations but then i learnt to be patient and calm.
The most enjoyable part was when customers appreciated your service. It felt so good as an achievement.
Pros
free lunches, good salary, experience
Great foundations
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 November 2016
I have a hate/love relationship with London Drugs. Probably one of the better retail stores that is Canadian. They have a great selection of products. They have a great pharmacy and reasonable customer service. They need to work on having a better electronics and photography presence. Employees make minimum wage and are sometimes treated well. Sometimes management can be jerks, but they are also sometimes very reasonable. They try to be fair being a smaller retailer and they are supportive to charities and local community!
Pros
Supportive coworkers.
Cons
Not much hours. Grumpy managers.
relaxed and fun work enviorment
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC8 December 2016
My typical day would start by opening boxes of products and stock them on the shelves int he isles. I learned how to talk to people more effectively because customer would always ask me for help and i actually enjoyed that aspect. Co workers were nice and friendly i had no problems. Hardest part of the job was finding the right isles for the product to be stocked. What i found most enjoyable about the job was helping customers.
Pros
very relaxed work enviorment
Cons
can be a bit confusing
Do not work here
Audio Video Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 August 2016
Not enough hours, Terrible management and ridiculous rules.Management is very discriminating, and show a lot of favoritism. If you ever wanted to feel like you are in kindergarten all over again then London Drugs is the place to be. The biggest con of all is that you get no recognition for your achievements within the company unless you suck up to management.
Pros
Cons
Sucks the life out of you
productive, fun
Volunteer Worker (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC27 January 2017
I didn't work here i volunteered at a parade and helped fill out child identification sheets. The other volunteers were very nice and the people who actually worked at London Drugs were very nice as well
Pros
nice people, short
Cons
n/a
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB26 January 2017
Very fast paced environment. Worked as a team to complete day to day tasks. Handled large sums of money everyday. Open and closing of the store. Dealt with all kinds of customer needs as well as all staffing issues.
Fun place to work
Response Centre Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC17 January 2017
Fun place to work, nice staff all work like a family, mutual respect.I started this job only 3 months after coming to Canada and this place has given me a lot.
Amazing place to work
Sales Administrator (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 May 2015
Every retail organization goes through their slow times, and this really sucks for London Drugs employees. It's hard when you have bills to pay and the money is just not coming in.

However, their ability to maintain a work life balance is superb. On top of this they accommodate school as much as they can and will almost always give you time off if asked for when coming to exams and important life lessons.

London Drugs gives the opportunity to an individual to improve based upon if they see that you have potential and work hard every day.

I wouldn't have worked at this company for six years, and come to work everyday with a smile on my face and motivation to work if this was the same old retail experience.

They are one of the best companies I have worked for and they maintain a home spot in my heart. I know this is where I belong, and I know that if I continue to grow with the company there are many different avenues I can take
Pros
Ability to improve. Allows for learning curve. Ability to continue school and work here.
Cons
Competitive salary but not good enough.
Hardworking Person
Recycling helper (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 November 2016
Iam a Friendly Person with Positive attitude.
Communicate well with others.
Work well in a team and independently
Conducting Inventory and ordered Stock
Pros
Good Hospitality and Positive attitude like Customers and Workmates.
Cons
Breakages
Lots of opportunities, low pay
Post Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC31 May 2016
Good place to work but only if you're available 24/7. Hard to find a second job due to the inconsistent hours. Can work up to 30+ hours one week and 12 the next. Makes it very difficult to sustain a budget and earn a living unless you've managed to stick around for several years. Great management though always eager to help, can't say enough good things about the managers and supervisors here. Tons of areas in the store to work in.
Excellent products at reasonable prices
Asst. Manager, Photo/Electronics (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 October 2016
London drugs is now a good company to work for as a second source of income, you have great customers and can build a good relationship with most co-workers.
Pros
good products, good prices
Cons
H.O. does not support staff
Great workplace with coworkers who feel like family
Beauty Advisor/Service Specialist/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC21 May 2016
Since I've started working with London Drugs, I've never felt out of place. My coworkers are wonderful, my days are full of things to do and the management is great. The thing that I love most is interacting with customers on a first hand basis. I love helping customers and providing them with exceptional customer service, going above and beyond making sure all their expectations have been met. The hardest thing about the job is probably commuting.
enjoyed working for London Drugs
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB12 November 2016
My first Job in Alberta
Learned customer service
First time using a cash register
Learned how to work with a team
co-workers were great
Very relaxed working environment with great customers and coworkers
Audio/Video Systems Specialist (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 July 2016
Overall it is a very nice place to work, the opening staff would often finish all of the tasks leaving almost nothing for the evening staff (which was usually me). This made the environment very relaxed but overall very boring. Not a whole lot of customers from February to October so it is mainly creating tasks.
Pros
Very good breaks, happy stress-free environment
Cons
Almost no hours, very slow business
If you work hard you will get no reward
Photo Lab Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Albert, AB7 July 2016
Management bends over backwards for people who have been here for forever but creates problems and who have horrible customer service. Also if you are not constant on working or talking about work with coworkers you are considered a slacker and not capable of your job.
Productive, supporting & fun place to work with
Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC17 October 2015
Excellent allowance packages, provided by strategical training by senior management, helpful co - workers, Fun place to work with.
Pros
Good pay & benefits, good corporate culture
Cons
No weekends, Early morning shifts starts at 5am