London Drugs Employee Reviews

Not the best place to work (
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC6 October 2017
Well, very very cheap company.
Doesn't respect religious belief of their own employee.
Company preferred to give negative annual review for their own employee instead of paying couple hundreds bucks bonus.

Can prove everything by showing my annual review and (copy of my schedule, how they care about you religious needs , if you need day off on Sunday, going to the church)
Fun place to work
Photo Electronics specialist (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC3 October 2017
During my time at London drugs, I made many friends, and learned a tone. Almost every single coworker I encountered where friendly and inviting, willing to help. I loved the staff. However, due to lack of promised job advancement along with conflict with my schedule at the time, I resigned, however it was on a good note, and still remain in contact with many of the staff members.
Pros
Staff, Paid vacation
Cons
Lack of job advancement.
Co-workers make the job enjoyable
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 September 2017
Helping Customers is a satisfying feeling. The management does there thing and is more concerned about profit then its employees and its customers. I've learned that the company would rather step on the little guys then make a compromise to make things better for everyone. The people I work with are why I keep the job they make the job more fun while still maintaining the aspect that its still a job and workplace.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
understaffed, overworked
Great Learning Experience
Stock Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC29 September 2017
Great learning experience and lots of advancement opportunities, which they help guide you towards. Lots of opportunities to assist customers with questions and purchases.
various jobs
CUSTOMER SERVICE/CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Gibsons, BC20 September 2017
All the work I've chosen have been with the public. I love people and I'm a caring and compassionate person. London Drugs was a good job with great management and support staff but the only job that was just a stepping stone for me. The rest of my jobs including filming were fun and a blessing. I now with to be helping Seniors.
So-so
Photo Electronics Specialist (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC15 September 2017
I had fun working here, as my coworkers were awesome people. My department manager was too. But after years of working here, I was unable to transfer stores for an unacceptable reason, and was forced to quit. I feel dispensable. You're also required to work on boxing day every year.
Pros
Regular staff are typically great people, learned a lot
Cons
Low pay, understaffed
Nice environment for work
Computer specialist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 September 2017
In generally speaking, everyone in the place is super nice and helpful. The boss will have your back at most of the time,
accommodate your schedule. A great place to meet a lot of great people
Great Company to Work For
Photo Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB7 September 2017
I enjoyed working for this company, it helped me to further my skills in photography and develop life long friendships.
This company treats their employees very well.
Pros
working with great people
Cons
hours and availabilty
Decent atmosphere
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 September 2017
Nice place to work, friendly staff, decent customer base. Hours handling was not the best. Speaking to higher ups was easy and stress free. Training beforehand was well done and thorough.
Pros
Staff discount cards
Cons
Schedule management slack
Fun and awesome people to work/volunteer with.
Volunteer Worker (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC1 September 2017
Volunteering for London Drugs during one of the festivals was great. even when it was raining it was fun. Our job at the stand was to make identification papers for children incase they ever got lost or heaven forbid stolen or kidnap. Th epeople were great and they were nice enough to get us snack while we were out there.
Pros
Free snacks
Always something to do
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC23 August 2017
The Park Royal location of London Drugs was renovated so it's nice and new. I worked in the camera and electronics department and it was close to the entrance so there was a lot of natural sunlight.
Busy times started around 11 am and lasted until 7 pm. It's a big department, so I'd be helping people with their cameras, cellphones, landline phones, headphones, or fitbits all the time.
The management and my colleagues were a huge help in teaching me how to use company software and follow proper procedure.
Pros
Break room w/ free coffee; lockers; good employee discount
Cons
monotony
Good beginners job.
Photo Lab Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC23 August 2017
Great job to start out with. Hours are very flexible and co-workers are generally friendly with good attitudes. Management doesn't offer many extra hours if you are new.
Horrible place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC31 July 2017
London drugs could really use a Union. Within the company there are alot of old employess that have been working with the company for years and probably should retire, they are stuck in there old way and refuse to update with the time. Their is alot of favoritism and the communication is horrible its not a company I would recommend you will have alot of issues as a younger person joining the company. There technology is old and very outdated also there training is horrible and very confusing. If you have a complaint about harassment or being bullied nothing really happens and its not taken serious because all the management has know eachother for years so they take eachothers side . so in all i wouldn't recommend the company.
Pros
good pay and benifits
Cons
Management, Favoritism and old technology
professional and efficient workplace
Cashier and stock (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB19 July 2017
Learnt customer service skills and trained on cash as well as stock. Engaged with customers to gain insight to the desires and helpfulness of products.
nice job if your a student
COSMETICIAN/SERVICE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 July 2017
hours suck, pay sucks, management sucks, was not a fun place to work. They do not listen to the issues they only care about money. The raises are almost impossible and maybe 15 cents.
profesional work place
Stock / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC17 July 2017
Great company with regular pay increases with flexibly hours. Great co workers with proper intense training at there facility which is exactly how the work field is.
Welcoming work environment with strong values and great customer service
Sales Associate (Cashier) (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC11 July 2017
London Drugs is a great company that teaches strong group values and is committed to providing their customers with a memorable shopping experience. For a typical day at work, I am either serving customers as a cashier or stocking shelves/ ordering for my designated department. I've learned that every employee that works at London Drugs is committed to reaching the same goal which allows every employee to strive for success. In terms of management, they are very supportive and always willing and open to lending a helping hand when you need help learning something. The workplace culture is great because everyone is friendly and open to conversation as well as hardworking when it is time to get to work. I thought that the hardest part of the job was serving a difficult customer that did or said something that made it difficult to continue working with a positive mindset. The most enjoyable part of the job was being given the chance to learn different strategies to solve problems and given opportunities to take on larger roles.
Pros
Flexible work hours, Great coworkers
Cons
Room for growth within the company is limited after a certain point
Good
Photo/Electronics Assistant Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 July 2017
A busy workplace and always on the go. Many great and loyal customers and loyal staff members. The hardest part is balancing a million requests from head office and still trying to make sure you give good customer service while trying to do it all. But the most enjoyable is helping and assisting great customers.
friendly environment
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC1 July 2017
i really enjoyed m time at London drugs and I really wish to work in another store with the same environment. every one at the store was friendly and made me feel like I was a member of their family
Working at London Drugs
Computer Specialist (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC29 June 2017
A typical shift at London Drugs is usually an eight hour shift for me. I regularly open the computer departments. Which means I am in charge of importing any new inventory into our systems, powering all our computers and tablets, and lastly checking all security tags. The work day goes by as I face the department, check that all stock is current and assist any customers needs. I am typically off by five and have an hour break in between. I enjoy my job and learning new things about the latest technology. After working here for over two years there aren't many challenges for me to face, after learning the business inside out.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at London Drugs. Our community is ready to answer.