London Drugs Employee Reviews in Canada

Do not work here
Audio Video Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 12, 2016
Not enough hours, Terrible management and ridiculous rules.Management is very discriminating, and show a lot of favoritism. If you ever wanted to feel like you are in kindergarten all over again then London Drugs is the place to be. The biggest con of all is that you get no recognition for your achievements within the company unless you suck up to management.
Pros
Cons
Sucks the life out of you
Friendly coworkers that respect each other
Cashier/Post Office/ Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCAugust 2, 2016
- wonderful coworkers, very supportive of each other
- has reward system for those who work hard
- upbeat and understanding management
- if you are interested, they can offer training in different departments such as post office, pharmacy, photos, stocking, etc, within the store.
- training sessions are informative and covers the job well

- hard part is mostly part time hours only for regular staff
- Enjoyable part: for my own positions, it is not stressful, not too labor intensive, not exposed to harmful chemicals. I have lot of time to read my manuals to perfect my job responsibilities.
Pros
Company staff discounts, comfortable lunchroom with coffee and microwave
Cons
Mostly part time hours only for my type of positions
Very relaxed working environment with great customers and coworkers
Audio/Video Systems Specialist (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJuly 11, 2016
Overall it is a very nice place to work, the opening staff would often finish all of the tasks leaving almost nothing for the evening staff (which was usually me). This made the environment very relaxed but overall very boring. Not a whole lot of customers from February to October so it is mainly creating tasks.
Pros
Very good breaks, happy stress-free environment
Cons
Almost no hours, very slow business
If you work hard you will get no reward
Photo Lab Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Albert, ABJuly 7, 2016
Management bends over backwards for people who have been here for forever but creates problems and who have horrible customer service. Also if you are not constant on working or talking about work with coworkers you are considered a slacker and not capable of your job.
Amazing company
Department Manager of General Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJuly 4, 2016
Amazing company to work for. Only left for personal reasons otherwise would have been there to this day. Enjoyed my five years none the less. Still recommend this company to this day.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Poor Schedule
Sometimes enjoyable workplace with enjoyable coworkers.
Cahier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 3, 2016
Miserable managers, few fun coworkers. Everyone quits after a few months or so. Customers are usually nice. Salary does not match for the amount of work you do, you are underpaid.
Humble company
Electronics Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 27, 2016
Fun environment with great staff. Their training program is absolutely phenomenal. They treat their employees very well and there is opportunity for advancement.
Pros
great stability
Cons
old staff members
Computer Specialist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 12, 2016
LD is customer service oriented, it rewards good customer service skills and politeness, as well as competent co-workers.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Some times short staffed
Enjoyed my department environment
Beauty Advisor and Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 1, 2016
I highly enjoyed the people I worked with in my department. Hard to get time off, even if were from out of the city. Some coworkers (mostly out of my department) could be rather rude. Large learning curve for the job, which was nice. Stressful (and often daily) part of the job was having to try and prevent theft by offering customer service to customers who were perceived as a threat of theft.
Lots of opportunities, low pay
Post Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMay 31, 2016
Good place to work but only if you're available 24/7. Hard to find a second job due to the inconsistent hours. Can work up to 30+ hours one week and 12 the next. Makes it very difficult to sustain a budget and earn a living unless you've managed to stick around for several years. Great management though always eager to help, can't say enough good things about the managers and supervisors here. Tons of areas in the store to work in.
Great workplace with coworkers who feel like family
Beauty Advisor/Service Specialist/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCMay 21, 2016
Since I've started working with London Drugs, I've never felt out of place. My coworkers are wonderful, my days are full of things to do and the management is great. The thing that I love most is interacting with customers on a first hand basis. I love helping customers and providing them with exceptional customer service, going above and beyond making sure all their expectations have been met. The hardest thing about the job is probably commuting.
Challenging and Flexible work environment
Cashier and working stock (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCMay 5, 2016
Flexible hours that allowed me to continue with my schooling and further my knowledge of customer service. Management was understanding and easy going. Co-workers were easy to get along with. Hardest part of the job was the busy holiday season.
Boring job.
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 5, 2016
Soul sucking job that was not fun and everyone that worked there was miserable and extremely underpaid. I would not recommend anybody ever work there unless they live being unhappy.
Decent
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABMay 1, 2016
It was a decent job for 7 years. I moved for school. I had great coworkers that cared about the job and did great work.I wish them all well
Amazing
Computer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BCApril 30, 2016
Customer service skills are a must and a good attitude, work days are not long or tiring. The staff and management are excellent and the company is amazing!
Productive Fun Simple
Lot Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 28, 2016
Easy Relaxing most days were not stressful co-workers very nice some management were very helpful some not very nice pay for a student
Pros
Discount on items
Cons
Not much to do after responsbilites
OK workplace
Cashier / Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, CanadaApril 22, 2016
It was fun again there was always something to do so you just got on with it and made sure the work was done so no one could complain
2 week Work Experience
Pharmacist Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BCApril 13, 2016
Co-workers were informative and friendly in teaching me what to do. Manager was also well versed in pharmaceuticals. Hardest part of the job was the fact that most of the job involves standing and repetitive work.
London Drugs
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 6, 2016
London drugs is a great company to work for. They provide training to all new employees no matter what job you start in and invest in their employees. They allow for advancements in the company.
Productive and Fun place to work
Store Price Co Ordinator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCMarch 29, 2016
London Drugs is a busy and fulfilling place to work. Hardest part of the job was keeping up with the pace and succeeding in finishing the job at the end of the day. Was always a pleasure to work with the people in the day to day operations of the retail life. The team of people i worked with always felt like family.