London Drugs Employee Reviews

A mess at times and management are silly with small things
Retail Technical Group (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 December 2017
The work is fine for sure, your co workers will be amazing people that HAD hopes and dreams, but due to London drugs those dreams were put aside for "stability". It has been said in these reviews lots and I am going to say the same thing... London Drugs is a company that without a doubt favorites people who suck up to management. No matter how hard you work or how many shifts you pick up, unless you kiss management every time they spit in your face you will not go anywhere. The management is very touchy and scared Everytime a higher up walks in the store. The older the staff worked there the more they will hate you.
Pros
Good co workers that you will love.
Cons
Crazy shifts, No Union, No hope to move up, Management that aren't willing to better the company
working experience
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 December 2017
Learned about customer service and how that can change the shopping experience of each customer visiting the store. Flexibilty work hours so I am able to balance it with school.
No issues
Stocker/Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB24 November 2017
Standard retail environment, however where other fail London Drugs succeeds at in all areas.

--------------------------------------------------------
Pros
Pleasant to work at
Cons
N/a
Great Environment and People
Photo & Electronics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 November 2017
Working at London Drugs was a memorable experience and my coworkers were one of the best parts of the job. The management was quite capable and hours were very flexible for pursuing post-secondary. The pay is on the lower end of what could be expected for such a knowledge-based position and didn't grow very much, but the culture is absolutely fantastic and for many is sufficient to make up for it.

I cannot recommend it enough for those who desire job-security; London Drugs works very hard to keep and respect those who show talent and work ethic. They are very professional in responding to your concerns and management makes every effort to support your growth.
"Was" a great place to work
Photo Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC6 November 2017
London Drugs has moved forward to be moving with the times. Employees are expected to know the branding, sell the branding as well as product knowedge. Be prepared to be knowledgeable in other departments if your applying for any thing Technical and be able to multitask galore. Service with a smile, be helpful to everyone, even if the customer is difficult.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Unreasonable pay performance/ demanding customers
You're just a number to them
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 October 2017
Store managment only care about themselves and their job security. There may be the odd manager that is actually decent enough to work with, but they are rare. Want to move up in this company? Be willing to have zero family life, be a butt kisser, and be willing to step on others to get your way.
Pros
Cons
Shift work, mediocre pay and benefits.
Not the best place to work (
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC6 October 2017
Well, very very cheap company.
Doesn't respect religious belief of their own employee.
Company preferred to give negative annual review for their own employee instead of paying couple hundreds bucks bonus.

Can prove everything by showing my annual review and (copy of my schedule, how they care about you religious needs , if you need day off on Sunday, going to the church)
Excellent retailer
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC5 October 2017
* Customer oriented company
* Well run and organized company
* Filled with long term employees
* Employees are well educated
* Pays and treats employees fairly
Pros
well established company
Cons
Not expanding-growing much
honestly stayed for the staff
Photo Electronics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC3 October 2017
This place started off as an awesome place to work however as time passed i started to enjoy it less and less due to management not fuffilling promisses such as job advancement. The staff and co workers where all amazing people and I even liked the manager as a person however, not so much as a manager.
Pros
Staff
Cons
management, no job advancement
Fun place to work
Photo Electronics specialist (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC3 October 2017
During my time at London drugs, I made many friends, and learned a tone. Almost every single coworker I encountered where friendly and inviting, willing to help. I loved the staff. However, due to lack of promised job advancement along with conflict with my schedule at the time, I resigned, however it was on a good note, and still remain in contact with many of the staff members.
Pros
Staff, Paid vacation
Cons
Lack of job advancement.
Co-workers make the job enjoyable
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 September 2017
Helping Customers is a satisfying feeling. The management does there thing and is more concerned about profit then its employees and its customers. I've learned that the company would rather step on the little guys then make a compromise to make things better for everyone. The people I work with are why I keep the job they make the job more fun while still maintaining the aspect that its still a job and workplace.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
understaffed, overworked
Great Learning Experience
Stock Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC29 September 2017
Great learning experience and lots of advancement opportunities, which they help guide you towards. Lots of opportunities to assist customers with questions and purchases.
various jobs
CUSTOMER SERVICE/CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Gibsons, BC20 September 2017
All the work I've chosen have been with the public. I love people and I'm a caring and compassionate person. London Drugs was a good job with great management and support staff but the only job that was just a stepping stone for me. The rest of my jobs including filming were fun and a blessing. I now with to be helping Seniors.
So-so
Photo Electronics Specialist (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC15 September 2017
I had fun working here, as my coworkers were awesome people. My department manager was too. But after years of working here, I was unable to transfer stores for an unacceptable reason, and was forced to quit. I feel dispensable. You're also required to work on boxing day every year.
Pros
Regular staff are typically great people, learned a lot
Cons
Low pay, understaffed
Nice environment for work
Computer specialist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 September 2017
In generally speaking, everyone in the place is super nice and helpful. The boss will have your back at most of the time,
accommodate your schedule. A great place to meet a lot of great people
Great Company to Work For
Photo Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB7 September 2017
I enjoyed working for this company, it helped me to further my skills in photography and develop life long friendships.
This company treats their employees very well.
Pros
working with great people
Cons
hours and availabilty
Decent atmosphere
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 September 2017
Nice place to work, friendly staff, decent customer base. Hours handling was not the best. Speaking to higher ups was easy and stress free. Training beforehand was well done and thorough.
Pros
Staff discount cards
Cons
Schedule management slack
Fun and awesome people to work/volunteer with.
Volunteer Worker (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC1 September 2017
Volunteering for London Drugs during one of the festivals was great. even when it was raining it was fun. Our job at the stand was to make identification papers for children incase they ever got lost or heaven forbid stolen or kidnap. Th epeople were great and they were nice enough to get us snack while we were out there.
Pros
Free snacks
Always something to do
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC23 August 2017
The Park Royal location of London Drugs was renovated so it's nice and new. I worked in the camera and electronics department and it was close to the entrance so there was a lot of natural sunlight.
Busy times started around 11 am and lasted until 7 pm. It's a big department, so I'd be helping people with their cameras, cellphones, landline phones, headphones, or fitbits all the time.
The management and my colleagues were a huge help in teaching me how to use company software and follow proper procedure.
Pros
Break room w/ free coffee; lockers; good employee discount
Cons
monotony
Good beginners job.
Photo Lab Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC23 August 2017
Great job to start out with. Hours are very flexible and co-workers are generally friendly with good attitudes. Management doesn't offer many extra hours if you are new.