London Drugs Employee Reviews in Canada

Lots of opportunities, low pay
Post Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMay 31, 2016
Good place to work but only if you're available 24/7. Hard to find a second job due to the inconsistent hours. Can work up to 30+ hours one week and 12 the next. Makes it very difficult to sustain a budget and earn a living unless you've managed to stick around for several years. Great management though always eager to help, can't say enough good things about the managers and supervisors here. Tons of areas in the store to work in.
Enjoyed my department environment
Beauty Advisor and Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 1, 2016
I highly enjoyed the people I worked with in my department. Hard to get time off, even if were from out of the city. Some coworkers (mostly out of my department) could be rather rude. Large learning curve for the job, which was nice. Stressful (and often daily) part of the job was having to try and prevent theft by offering customer service to customers who were perceived as a threat of theft.
Great workplace with coworkers who feel like family
Beauty Advisor/Service Specialist/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCMay 21, 2016
Since I've started working with London Drugs, I've never felt out of place. My coworkers are wonderful, my days are full of things to do and the management is great. The thing that I love most is interacting with customers on a first hand basis. I love helping customers and providing them with exceptional customer service, going above and beyond making sure all their expectations have been met. The hardest thing about the job is probably commuting.
no hours to offer and when you do work, the pay is terrible.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCMarch 23, 2016
If you think you're gonna get anywhere or be able to support yourself working for this company, you're wrong. There's nothing but minimal hours scheduled unless you can be available for call ins. They work with no staff and the staff that are there are overloaded with tasks. Employees at the store I was at were bitter and angry that they work like mules for little pay and hours. The 2 days you spend during your training is nothing but 16 hours of them selling a dream that doesn't exist. Don't waste your time.
Pros
you get 2 days pay for training
Cons
no hours and terrible pay
If you work hard you will get no reward
Photo Lab Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Albert, ABJuly 7, 2016
Management bends over backwards for people who have been here for forever but creates problems and who have horrible customer service. Also if you are not constant on working or talking about work with coworkers you are considered a slacker and not capable of your job.
Productive and Fun place to work
Store Price Co Ordinator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCMarch 29, 2016
London Drugs is a busy and fulfilling place to work. Hardest part of the job was keeping up with the pace and succeeding in finishing the job at the end of the day. Was always a pleasure to work with the people in the day to day operations of the retail life. The team of people i worked with always felt like family.
Challenging and Flexible work environment
Cashier and working stock (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCMay 5, 2016
Flexible hours that allowed me to continue with my schooling and further my knowledge of customer service. Management was understanding and easy going. Co-workers were easy to get along with. Hardest part of the job was the busy holiday season.
Amazing company
Department Manager of General Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJuly 4, 2016
Amazing company to work for. Only left for personal reasons otherwise would have been there to this day. Enjoyed my five years none the less. Still recommend this company to this day.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Poor Schedule
I worked as a cashier and the environment i worked in was really friendly and comfortable.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJanuary 17, 2016
I liked working there as they took care of my schedule and also paid for hard work.
Sometimes it got really hard for me to reach early and end up late, but then i enjoyed working there.
I learnt to be discipline, friendly, punctual, hard working, polite and experienced.
My co workers were really friendly. Many of them are still in touch of me. It was like we had made a family there.
The hardest part of the job was when i had to end late and the store was about to get closed, but customers still came in. I got anxious in such situations but then i learnt to be patient and calm.
The most enjoyable part was when customers appreciated your service. It felt so good as an achievement.
Pros
free lunches, good salary, experience
Humble company
Electronics Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 27, 2016
Fun environment with great staff. Their training program is absolutely phenomenal. They treat their employees very well and there is opportunity for advancement.
Pros
great stability
Cons
old staff members
Sometimes enjoyable workplace with enjoyable coworkers.
Cahier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 3, 2016
Miserable managers, few fun coworkers. Everyone quits after a few months or so. Customers are usually nice. Salary does not match for the amount of work you do, you are underpaid.
2 week Work Experience
Pharmacist Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BCApril 13, 2016
Co-workers were informative and friendly in teaching me what to do. Manager was also well versed in pharmaceuticals. Hardest part of the job was the fact that most of the job involves standing and repetitive work.
Productive Fun Simple
Lot Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 28, 2016
Easy Relaxing most days were not stressful co-workers very nice some management were very helpful some not very nice pay for a student
Pros
Discount on items
Cons
Not much to do after responsbilites
Computer Specialist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 12, 2016
LD is customer service oriented, it rewards good customer service skills and politeness, as well as competent co-workers.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Some times short staffed
Boring job.
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 5, 2016
Soul sucking job that was not fun and everyone that worked there was miserable and extremely underpaid. I would not recommend anybody ever work there unless they live being unhappy.
London Drugs
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 6, 2016
London drugs is a great company to work for. They provide training to all new employees no matter what job you start in and invest in their employees. They allow for advancements in the company.
Amazing
Computer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BCApril 30, 2016
Customer service skills are a must and a good attitude, work days are not long or tiring. The staff and management are excellent and the company is amazing!
OK workplace
Cashier / Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, CanadaApril 22, 2016
It was fun again there was always something to do so you just got on with it and made sure the work was done so no one could complain
Great and welcoming work place for anyone trying to attain a long term job
Early Morning Stock Crew (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BCDecember 27, 2015
I love working here at London Drugs as a EMS ( Early Morning Stock Crew ) . I work with great members of the team. Despite work being at 4am we all get energized and get the job done. We replenish shelves on new products, dispose of old products that are damaged or may have been tampered with. I don't see many challenges to the job besides waking up early but the sleepiness goes away. We break down skids and sort products by their categories they go into. Speed is a major factor to finish the job otherwise the shelves do not get sorted out. The co-workers really help get the sleepy factor out of the way, encouraging each other to stick it through the early hours. A lot of skills transferred over from the 4 years working at McDonalds that make this job easy. Fast paced, organizing, team work and communicating with workers incase they need help, and using time efficiently.
Pros
Right in the morning
Cons
short hours
Decent
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABMay 1, 2016
It was a decent job for 7 years. I moved for school. I had great coworkers that cared about the job and did great work.I wish them all well