London Drugs

London Drugs Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Superannuated Management
Electronics/Computer Specialist (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCMarch 14, 2015
Pros: good (but payed for) benifits, on site security guards (trained & certified), dress code
Cons: unreliable hours, corner cutting, little reward for employees
The London Drugs name is a decent "brand" name in the community. Products tend to be reliable, selection decent however pricing can, sometimes, be a tad high.
A typical day at work includes a focus on customer services with paper work that assists in the tracking of customer purchases and some that appears to allow cut backs at head office by off loading the paper work on to floor personal.
Cleaning typically left till the end of the day unless it affects the public image (such as dirty floors in winter time) or is a critical safety issue.
Senior management is, unfortunately, the one of the major reasons London Drugs is not a top tier employer. Directing stores to increase profitability by a minimum developed around the last year's profits senior management tend to adopt superannuated behaviour that leads to unpredictable hours of employment, few to no positions for job advancement & behaviour that may be contrary to best practice (such as missing equipment, lack of training, etc.).
The saving grace of the company is individuals manning the store locations tend to be a good fit for the departments they work in. This brings a passion to the store that is not met in other competitors.
However with guaranteed hours hard to obtain consistent customer service is hard to judge as customers attending store locations will nearly always have a different point of contact with each visit.
Best company to work!!
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCMarch 7, 2015
I have to say that after working at Starbucks for over five years I still miss it. I was hired as full time and given full time hours all the time. Booking vacation time off was never an issue as long as I give plenty of notice, I had to cut my availability back to only two days a week and they were totally accommodating. I miss not being there more often. My fellow partners are amazing, they whole atmosphere pushes teamwork and cooperation, I really enjoy it--plus, free coffee!
Decent Job
Department Manager Photo Electronics (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: staff discount
Cons: inflexible schedule
London Drugs treated me very well. The schedule was a bit tricky at times I felt like I put more in then I received back.
Management varied from store to store, some were great some needed more experience.
The staff were the best assets that London Drugs has. The hardest part of the job was always being pressured to perform at the highest level, it made one feel like they were not doing enough. The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with the customers.
Reasonable working environment
Audio and Video Specialist (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 3, 2015
This position occurred within the professional services in the Audio, Video, and Camera Departments to the following: acknowledgement of customer’s needs, continuous training - updating skills to portray proper information to the customer, stock ordering and placing special orders were placed as required, and customer service given in primary focus.
Comfortable place to work with good people
Evening Stock Associate (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: employee discounts
Cons: undesirable hours
I'd come in for my shift and I'm greeted with people happy to be there. There wasn't much to learn; I basically stocked shelves and helped customers find pharmacy items. My co-workers were pleasant. The hardest part of the job was dealing with drug addicts who thought the pharmacy was an easy place to score needles. The most enjoyable part of the job was actually helping customers find what they were looking for.
Fun workplace
Customer service Specialist (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCJanuary 23, 2015
London Drugs is a great place to work and shop. I enjoyed training in many different departments of their stores. The hours can be hard as of course it is sales but the staff are easy to work with. I enjoyed the learning experience and sales mostly in the AVS department.
fast paced
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee), Maple Ridge, BCJanuary 21, 2015
Working for the London Drugs Customer Service team was interesting. Every day was an adventure. I liked that this company is very strong on Customer Service. They really believe the customer is right.
Great Work Environment
Photo Electronics/Computers Sales Associate (Former Employee), Courtenay, BCJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: great working atmosphere
Cons: not having the product in store
Show up early for work to organize and clean working area, Customer Service, great learning environment, Product knowledge with Cell Phones, Plans, Cameras, and other Electronics, Coworkers were great to work with. Management were great to. The hardest part was not having the product in store. The most enjoyable part of my job was showing customers new Cell Phone devices and sharing the specifications and features, the plans that are available from each providers also showing the apps that are available.
Great Team to work with
Assistant Cosmetic Manager (Former Employee), London, ONJanuary 11, 2015
My day would start with checking department conditions and facing of products. Inventory status would be monitored each day as to shrink or damaged products. My co-workers were always on the same page as myself in providing great customer service and going the extra mile to satisfy. Working for a family owned company made a huge difference in the treatment and respect for the staff.
London Drugs Emplyers
Photo Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Coquitlam, BCJanuary 7, 2015
Work was fantastic and easy, it was fun working with and around such great people, my managers were wonderful people and made my time learning and working their amazing.
As it was only for work experience I was so excited when they asked if I would like to work as a casual for the christmas season. The job was never difficult and they were even kind when I made a mistake here and there. But it was like a family, I really enjoyed my time, and people would look out for me.
My co-workers were helpful, fun, and very focused, there were days where we were working extremely difficult and even then they were still great companions.
The hardest part may have been the standing, as most of my job required me to be on my feet, some days they were very sore, however the highlight of a great company, and co-workers, and simply the environment was the best part of my job.
Team building enviroment
Manager (Current Employee), Regin, SKDecember 21, 2014
After contributing to the growth and success over the past 27 years with London Drugs, I am seeking new challenges with a company in need of someone with exceptional planning, leadership, and management abilities. By working as a management team leading by example and guiding the store to new performance levels will increase fiscal numbers and keep bottom line in check. My greatest strength is developing a cohesive team that works together to build on sales for now and future growth.
Toxic Employer - Snakes in Suits
Friend of an Employee (Former Employee), CanadaDecember 14, 2014
Pros: few if any. better than no job at all, barely. maybe worse.
Cons: can't be trusted about anything. too many toxic managers and snakes in suits.
Apparently most of the low level staff are great to work for. Just regular folks trying to scratch out a living like anyone else, but not long after starting I began noticing them having problems getting their performance reviews and raises.

The same thing started happening to my friend. She started asking questions and was told by the regional manager to "keep her head down and do her job".

Things continued to get worse when the supervisors and managers began lying about her performance. Then they demanded that some employees ( another person ) enter into legal contracts that would make them liable for lawsuits against their product suppliers, or else face dismissal.

An independent report was done that indicated extraordinarily low trust in management, and after these results came out they had a "study group" in one store to come up with ideas to improve the image of management. Participants were not allowed to discuss wages as any part of the solution, and another employee I knew was fired because he was deemed to be a "union threat'.

The list goes on and on and on. From the way returned products are repacked and resold to the constant shuffling of low level management from location to location and unfulfilled promises. Their policies and hiring practises sound great, but they're largely lip-service.

They say they hire from within but I've seen new employees parachuted in over existing ones into positions they didn't even apply for. They say hours are flexible, but when you want flexibility you might suddenly find you have fewer hours. What they really mean is flexible for them.
Nice people to work with. Really nice staffs.
Computer Specialist (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 17, 2014
It is always full of challenges at work, between trying to help customers, merchandising, and completing the tasks, it takes some efforts to balance them all. I leant a lot from working there, about new technology, and people skills. Managers are mostly nice, and busy doing their own tasks. Co-workers are the highlight part working in London Drugs. Staff at London Drugs are generally kind, and nice.
A vast array of health & wellness products for sale to most people
Cashier (Former Employee), Penticton, BCNovember 6, 2014
Pros: meeting people
Cons: repetitious work
Maintain the customer service & check-out areas for prompt & accurate processing of customer orders.
Ensure loss prevention systems & procedures are performed according to guidelines.
Thoroughly enjoy meeting new customers and staff.
When help is required management is always there for assistance.
Hardest part is trying to stay busy when there are no customers.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales and Service (Former Employee), West Vancouver, BCOctober 20, 2014
Pros: simple work
Cons: evening shifts
- Handle customer inquiries, complaints, billing questions and payment extension/service requests
- Calm disgruntled callers, repair trust, locate resources for problem resolution and design best-option solutions
- Interface daily with internal partners in management, field services and operations
- Evening shifts, late nights
Great place to work.
Customer Service/Cosmetician (Current Employee), Prince George, BCSeptember 27, 2014
I have been a long term employee. My hours vary as i work shift work. I have learned teamwork skills and the operation of a cashier till. The most enjoyable part of my job is dealing with the public.
Great job for university students
Beauty Advisor/Cosmetician (Former Employee), Richmond, BCSeptember 4, 2014
Great part-time job while getting a degree -- very accommodating to student schedules.
more good times than bad
Customer Service/Isle Person (Current Employee), Medicine Hat, ABAugust 22, 2014
Over my many years with the company, have met and have a lot of respect for so many.

I have no hard feelings towards the staff here in the Hat,,or other farm stores ( and some agents).

I did enjoy my total of 13 years with the company and will never forget the experience.
LD
Photo Lab Manager (Former Employee), Prince GeorgeAugust 6, 2014
I enjoyed working at London Drugs, until I went into management. As a young female I felt like I was not supported by my store or assistant manager. I knew how to do my job and was good at it but felt like I was not appreciated at all. The salary and the benefits were good as was the experience. I met some great people there as well.
A nice place to work but the salary is too low
Postal Office Clerk (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJune 23, 2014
Pros: no work days on public holiday
Cons: low salary
- a typical day for me is to organize the coin cabinet, the stamps draw, print out all the final delivery notice card. When we open, we help customer mail their letter or parcel and recommend the best way to mail it. I also have to do money orders, print out cheques for customer, fill out customer's information. If the time is close to the letter carrier to come and collect our parcels and letters, I will begin to prepare to organize everything and make sure when the letter carrier come, he can take them right the way.
-my co-workers are great, we always work as a team, especially at Christmas time, the team work helps each procedure go faster so customer will not wait in the line for too long while carrying heavy parcel.
-the hardest park of my job is sometimes I have to left some parcels that is over 15 pounds
- the most enjoyable part of the job is to talk to the customer, sometimes they sent parcel oversea to their family, we always chat about their family's life in th other country, their family story, and how exciting their friend will be to receive a little gift from Canada.

1 2 3 4

About London Drugs

London Drugs is 100% Canadian owned and is focused on local customers' satisfaction. Across Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and – Read more