London Drugs Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC31 July 2017
London drugs could really use a Union. Within the company there are alot of old employess that have been working with the company for years and probably should retire, they are stuck in there old way and refuse to update with the time. Their is alot of favoritism and the communication is horrible its not a company I would recommend you will have alot of issues as a younger person joining the company. There technology is old and very outdated also there training is horrible and very confusing. If you have a complaint about harassment or being bullied nothing really happens and its not taken serious because all the management has know eachother for years so they take eachothers side . so in all i wouldn't recommend the company.
Pros
good pay and benifits
Cons
Management, Favoritism and old technology
nice job if your a student
COSMETICIAN/SERVICE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 July 2017
hours suck, pay sucks, management sucks, was not a fun place to work. They do not listen to the issues they only care about money. The raises are almost impossible and maybe 15 cents.
profesional work place
Stock / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC17 July 2017
Great company with regular pay increases with flexibly hours. Great co workers with proper intense training at there facility which is exactly how the work field is.
Welcoming work environment with strong values and great customer service
Sales Associate (Cashier) (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC11 July 2017
London Drugs is a great company that teaches strong group values and is committed to providing their customers with a memorable shopping experience. For a typical day at work, I am either serving customers as a cashier or stocking shelves/ ordering for my designated department. I've learned that every employee that works at London Drugs is committed to reaching the same goal which allows every employee to strive for success. In terms of management, they are very supportive and always willing and open to lending a helping hand when you need help learning something. The workplace culture is great because everyone is friendly and open to conversation as well as hardworking when it is time to get to work. I thought that the hardest part of the job was serving a difficult customer that did or said something that made it difficult to continue working with a positive mindset. The most enjoyable part of the job was being given the chance to learn different strategies to solve problems and given opportunities to take on larger roles.
Pros
Flexible work hours, Great coworkers
Cons
Room for growth within the company is limited after a certain point
Good
Photo/Electronics Assistant Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 July 2017
A busy workplace and always on the go. Many great and loyal customers and loyal staff members. The hardest part is balancing a million requests from head office and still trying to make sure you give good customer service while trying to do it all. But the most enjoyable is helping and assisting great customers.
friendly environment
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC1 July 2017
i really enjoyed m time at London drugs and I really wish to work in another store with the same environment. every one at the store was friendly and made me feel like I was a member of their family
Working at London Drugs
Computer Specialist (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC29 June 2017
A typical shift at London Drugs is usually an eight hour shift for me. I regularly open the computer departments. Which means I am in charge of importing any new inventory into our systems, powering all our computers and tablets, and lastly checking all security tags. The work day goes by as I face the department, check that all stock is current and assist any customers needs. I am typically off by five and have an hour break in between. I enjoy my job and learning new things about the latest technology. After working here for over two years there aren't many challenges for me to face, after learning the business inside out.
Better Than Most
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 June 2017
In terms of retail, London Drugs is at the top really. They treat their employees as fair as possible and the compensation, at the management level, is for the most part fair.
Busy
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  London16 June 2017
Must be able to multi task and be able to complete your work independently. In training, you are told the managers will help complete your work but that is hardly the case.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
No work ethics
productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB9 June 2017
Great place to work.
Respectful of employees.
Friendly and good atmosphere.
Learned lots in evaluations.
Improved in areas I needed to.
I need more hour now so may have to look elsewhere.
Staff need more training when computer access to work schedule changes.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Hours not consistent
It's okay for a summer job
Photo Electronics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK7 June 2017
If you are opening you need to unlock everything put cameras out etc. While working here I learned lots on cameras. Management could be better and have more communication with their staff. Hardest part was baby photos I liked talking to customers about cameras the most. Closing is pretty easy imho
Pros
Discount on Products
Cons
Poor communication
A fine place to work
Pharmacy assistant (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC3 June 2017
Great management and a caring work environment are the main characteristics of London Drugs. The only problems I ever had were with customers, and staff are always willing to assist you.
School Work Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC31 May 2017
As I was a student working only for two weeks with no pay, I was not particularly involved in the store. I stocked shelves, swept the floor, helped customers with groceries, and occasionally used the intercom.
Pros
Fairly fun, different activities every day, supportive managers
Cons
Not allowed to work cashier and thus gained no experience with it
Great place for a 2nd job
Photo Specialist (part time position) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 May 2017
This was a second job when my late husband and I were saving for our first home. The staff was great and my schedule was flexible. I enjoyed learning about film and photography. I also enjoyed the customers especially the regulars.
Pros
Really enjoyed the customers and interaction with staff
Cons
Didn't really have any cons that I remember
general retail
Retail Technical Specialist (Part Time) (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB22 May 2017
did not differ much from other retail jobs. bad uniforms, very uncomfortable. However was fun to make a big sale and explain new tech to customers. overall pretty standard job.
Pros
good employee discount
Cons
bad uniforms
A competitive sales position
Photo/Electronics Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 May 2017
My duties at London Drugs were extensive and challenging. Assisting customers with their purchases of photo/electronics products gave me the opportunity to acquire customer service experience, and to learn the processes of sales and photo service. The workplace culture was somewhat lacking, and I didn't find myself making any lasting acquaintances from the position. The hardest part of the job was the sheer multitude of duties with which I was tasked. The most enjoyable part of the job was the opportunity to explore and explain photographic technologies with the customers.
Pros
Regular business hours
Cons
Demanding variety of tasks
Worked in the insurance department
Insurance (Former Employee) –  Lower Mainland, BC17 May 2017
I worked in the insurance department for many years, worse company to work for, specially the insurance department. Too much favouritism, specially in the upper management, I wish there was union.Total waste of important time of my life, won't recommend to anyone, no chances to learn anything, horrible hours, and horrible vacation policies
Cons
Horrible and biased management
Great Workplace
I.T Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 May 2017
staff very friendly and very helpful
Management were extremely helpful
Consumers left satisfied
extremely customer oriented
work hours were very acceptable
early morning stock
early morning stocker (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC12 May 2017
not much to say about stocking shelves at 5am. it was fun to work alone on my assigned isles. had to climb ladders and open boxes. its a lot more fun to work when the store is open.
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
wicked place
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC12 May 2017
was a awesome place to bad it shut down due to lack of funding resources , I wish this place stayed open because it helped a lot of people find and secure jobs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at London Drugs. Our community is ready to answer.