London Drugs Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
OK workplace
Cashier / Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee), Medicine Hat, CanadaApril 22, 2016
It was fun again there was always something to do so you just got on with it and made sure the work was done so no one could complain
2 week Work Experience
Pharmacist Assistant (Former Employee), New Westminster, BCApril 13, 2016
Co-workers were informative and friendly in teaching me what to do. Manager was also well versed in pharmaceuticals. Hardest part of the job was the fact that most of the job involves standing and repetitive work.
Productive and Fun place to work
Store Price Co Ordinator (Former Employee), Richmond, BCMarch 29, 2016
London Drugs is a busy and fulfilling place to work. Hardest part of the job was keeping up with the pace and succeeding in finishing the job at the end of the day. Was always a pleasure to work with the people in the day to day operations of the retail life. The team of people i worked with always felt like family.
no hours to offer and when you do work, the pay is terrible.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCMarch 23, 2016
Pros: you get 2 days pay for training
Cons: no hours and terrible pay
If you think you're gonna get anywhere or be able to support yourself working for this company, you're wrong. There's nothing but minimal hours scheduled unless you can be available for call ins. They work with no staff and the staff that are there are overloaded with tasks. Employees at the store I was at were bitter and angry that they work like mules for little pay and hours. The 2 days you spend during your training is nothing but 16 hours of them selling a dream that doesn't exist. Don't waste your time.
I worked as a cashier and the environment i worked in was really friendly and comfortable.
Cashier (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 17, 2016
Pros: free lunches, good salary, experience
Cons: long hours
I liked working there as they took care of my schedule and also paid for hard work.
Sometimes it got really hard for me to reach early and end up late, but then i enjoyed working there.
I learnt to be discipline, friendly, punctual, hard working, polite and experienced.
My co workers were really friendly. Many of them are still in touch of me. It was like we had made a family there.
The hardest part of the job was when i had to end late and the store was about to get closed, but customers still came in. I got anxious in such situations but then i learnt to be patient and calm.
The most enjoyable part was when customers appreciated your service. It felt so good as an achievement.
fun place to be
Cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 4, 2016
It is fun place to be I wish I could go back there And work for London drugs If they are willing to.It was nice time for being in London drug time for me .
Great and welcoming work place for anyone trying to attain a long term job
Early Morning Stock Crew (Current Employee), Abbotsford, BCDecember 27, 2015
Pros: Right in the morning
Cons: short hours
I love working here at London Drugs as a EMS ( Early Morning Stock Crew ) . I work with great members of the team. Despite work being at 4am we all get energized and get the job done. We replenish shelves on new products, dispose of old products that are damaged or may have been tampered with. I don't see many challenges to the job besides waking up early but the sleepiness goes away. We break down skids and sort products by their categories they go into. Speed is a major factor to finish the job otherwise the shelves do not get sorted out. The co-workers really help get the sleepy factor out of the way, encouraging each other to stick it through the early hours. A lot of skills transferred over from the 4 years working at McDonalds that make this job easy. Fast paced, organizing, team work and communicating with workers incase they need help, and using time efficiently.
Great space for learning
General customer service (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCNovember 24, 2015
Helping customer get the right products. Organize the shelves. Collecting the payments and packing the products. Communicating with each other effectively.
na
customer service (Current Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 29, 2015
a good place to work. benefits are good.
co-workers are very nice and willing to help you at any time. management is so helpful.
great team
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee), Chilliwack, BCOctober 25, 2015
Pros: good team
Cons: typical retail
great team both in cosmetic and through the whole store. great team and great customers. Hardest part was being understaffed at Christmas and not carrying customer requests. Great management. Amazing co workers, one of the best retail jobs and the best companies to work for.
Productive, supporting & fun place to work with
Sales Supervisor (Current Employee), Burnaby, BCOctober 17, 2015
Pros: Good pay & benefits, good corporate culture
Cons: No weekends, Early morning shifts starts at 5am
Excellent allowance packages, provided by strategical training by senior management, helpful co - workers, Fun place to work with.
Great first place to work.
Cashier/Stock (Current Employee), Nanaimo, BCOctober 11, 2015
A typical day involves bringing out stock from the back doing returns and covering breaks. I learned that dealing with costumers is not as hard as you think. Management knew what they were doing as well as very understandable and cooperative with what was going on in my life.
Awesome
Computer Technician (Current Employee), London, ONSeptember 16, 2015
Great company to work for. Everyone at work is awesome and fun to be around. I highly recommend this job to everyone. London Drugs is a fully Canadian company and everyone should support them
The co workers are Fantastic to work with. Lots of teamwork.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 15, 2015
Pros: Great pay, decent hours 4 years ago
Cons: poor management
Management is too judgemental and they place blame on the Supervisors for things that go wrong, when they are the people who make the mistakes. They pass the buck so to speak. The pay was great when I worked there, but apparently not anymore. The company talks about open communication, but rarely ever really listen to their employees concerns.
Cashier at London Drugs
Cashier (Former Employee), VancouverAugust 5, 2015
Pros: Close to home
Cons: I got sick a lot from working at a pharmacy
a Typical day would consist of 8 hours at a register. I enjoyed working with customers and having the regulars come into our store and the positive feedback they would give about my bubbly personality. I don't have very much to say about working as a cashier because this isn't the field that I would like to continue in for a career. However i did learn a lot about customer service and how to deal with difficult customers. Working at London drugs we had a lot of sick people coming in to our store to pick up their prescriptions and i had sympathy for them if they were having an off day. i wouldn't take their rude or grumpiness to heart learned to smile and shrug off any unnecessary rude behavior.
Friendly and understanding work environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Paid 2 day training, good for people who are just entering the workforce
Cons: only pay minimum wage
They have a fantastic 2 day training program, which is good for people who have never been in retail, and you get paid for going. Coworkers were friendly and capable for the most part and Management was available quickly and very understanding and caring. The hardest part of the job is Christmas, since you get a lot of imoatient customers and on Christmas eve they may give you mandatory extra hours by 3 hours.Closed on Christmas. As well, they may call you in often if someone else loses a shift, but this isn't mandatory and they're understanding if you can't come.They only pay minimum wage (the mcdonalds across the street pays $14/hr).Every once in a while, like every 3 or 4 months, they have mandatory meetings for all staff at 6 am but they serve free breakfast. They have heaters in the cashier's counters, so even though the counters are often by the doors, you'll be kept warm, and you have complete control over how warm you want to be with an under-the-counter knob. Best part of the job is that they limit all cashiers shifts to 5 hours since they don't want people to stand too long. They give you two 15 minute breaks for a five hour shift and 2 15 minute breaks and a half hour lunch for an 8 hour shift.
A typical Day
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJune 23, 2015
Pros: Great co-workers
Cons: Shift work, and the hourly wage is terrible
In a typical day at work is spent helping customers find what they are looking for, answering the phone and directing them to the right person. I also take care of the majority of returns, helping my co-workers when and where I can. I do the scheduling and managing of the breaks. I also help out around the floor by writing off all the expired products in the store as well as help out management with changing the way certain products are displayed on the shelf.
Slightly depressive but not too bad
Casual (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Coquitlam, BCMay 30, 2015
There is always work that needs to be done, from stocking merchandise to finding the rightful place of a product that has been left behind randomly in the store. After a few shifts, the tasks become repetitive and a little labour-intensive. Whereas on the bright side, the company teaches its employees how to provide the most polite and definite costumer service. The job is team oriented but most of the time everyone is busy working on their own task.
Amazing place to work
Sales Administrator (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCMay 27, 2015
Pros: Ability to improve. Allows for learning curve. Ability to continue school and work here.
Cons: Competitive salary but not good enough.
Every retail organization goes through their slow times, and this really sucks for London Drugs employees. It's hard when you have bills to pay and the money is just not coming in.

However, their ability to maintain a work life balance is superb. On top of this they accommodate school as much as they can and will almost always give you time off if asked for when coming to exams and important life lessons.

London Drugs gives the opportunity to an individual to improve based upon if they see that you have potential and work hard every day.

I wouldn't have worked at this company for six years, and come to work everyday with a smile on my face and motivation to work if this was the same old retail experience.

They are one of the best companies I have worked for and they maintain a home spot in my heart. I know this is where I belong, and I know that if I continue to grow with the company there are many different avenues I can take
Great play to work but not the best wage
Retail Technical Specialist (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMay 6, 2015
Pros: Great people
Cons: $$$ is not enough
I love working here but my god the pay is terrible. They expect you do all the stock and sell all the products in a 4 hour shift while getting paid a very LOW wage
Headquarters