London Drugs Employee Reviews

A competitive sales position
Photo/Electronics Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 May 2017
My duties at London Drugs were extensive and challenging. Assisting customers with their purchases of photo/electronics products gave me the opportunity to acquire customer service experience, and to learn the processes of sales and photo service. The workplace culture was somewhat lacking, and I didn't find myself making any lasting acquaintances from the position. The hardest part of the job was the sheer multitude of duties with which I was tasked. The most enjoyable part of the job was the opportunity to explore and explain photographic technologies with the customers.
Pros
Regular business hours
Cons
Demanding variety of tasks
Worked in the insurance department
Insurance (Former Employee) –  Lower Mainland, BC17 May 2017
I worked in the insurance department for many years, worse company to work for, specially the insurance department. Too much favouritism, specially in the upper management, I wish there was union.Total waste of important time of my life, won't recommend to anyone, no chances to learn anything, horrible hours, and horrible vacation policies
Cons
Horrible and biased management
Great Workplace
I.T Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 May 2017
staff very friendly and very helpful
Management were extremely helpful
Consumers left satisfied
extremely customer oriented
work hours were very acceptable
early morning stock
early morning stocker (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC12 May 2017
not much to say about stocking shelves at 5am. it was fun to work alone on my assigned isles. had to climb ladders and open boxes. its a lot more fun to work when the store is open.
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
wicked place
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC12 May 2017
was a awesome place to bad it shut down due to lack of funding resources , I wish this place stayed open because it helped a lot of people find and secure jobs.
No room for advancement
Electronics Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB11 May 2017
Working as an electronics associate, a typical day of work usually consists of merchandising product throughout the department and consistently making sure every customers needs are met whether it's with helping them find the right product or troubleshooting problems with a product they may already own.
Being able to work hands on with a lot of new technology has taught me a lot about all the upcoming advancements in technology as well as giving me the tools to sell and teach others about it.
Management is fairly lackluster considering the fact that employee happiness is last on the priorities list.
The workplace culture is decent, encouraging teamwork among all who work there.
The hardest part of the job is having to sell and showcase high end tech while only being provided with the bare minimum of hardware on the store level. Most if not all the hardware and sales tools are 5-10 years old and really hamper the experience a customer deserves when spending hard earned money on high end technology.
The best part of working there has been being able to work with all the new hardware and technology that comes out every year and immersing myself in all that world has to offer.
The biggest problem is that the company offers no room for advancement. Wage scales are capped and any increase while within those boundaries is based on hours worked rather than performance.
Pros
discounts, free lunches from time to time, great teamwork
Cons
poor shift organization, old and slow sales tools, no opportunity to advance
Great place to work, fun staff!
Cashier and Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Squamish, BC1 May 2017
I really enjoyed working with London Drugs! They mostly taught me how to execute great customer service every time. Management was awesome, I was never bored and always had something to do!
Pros
2 30 minute breaks
Cons
Sometimes rude customers
productive workplace, lacklustre management
SERVICE SPECIALIST/CUSTOMER SERVICE AMBASSADOR (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC1 May 2017
Depending on location, your work day can vary, and most of the time management puts unneeded stress on you and coworkers. Management can make or break the entire store's vibe/culture. The hardest part of the job is having management breathe down you and your coworkers necks instead of being a leader and setting a good example. Pointing fingers and telling people what to do isn't what makes a business succeed. I do enjoy interacting with customers despite the few rotten people that come in.
Limited advancement
Retail Technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 April 2017
Typical Retail environment with limited advancement due to part time hours and limited company expansion. Excellent crew of management and staff make working here positive.
Pros
Excellent staff to work with
Cons
Limited hours
Fast paced, great people, great Canadian company
Employee (Current Employee) –  Duncan, BC29 March 2017
London drugs has a way of making you feel like you are with family when you go to work. The entire team from management to stocking crew are all very supportive. There is so much opportunity for cross training, many employees stay with the company for years and never get bored with what they are doing.
You will always work hard but at the end of the day there is a sense of accomplishment and pride. I recommend London drugs as a career choice for anyone with a strong work ethic who enjoys working on a team setting. Wages are good once you have been there for a while bonus available after a year based on your annual review. Would be nice to see fewer distributions of stock and more store choice based on neibourhood needs.
Pros
Employee discounts, flexible schedule, room for advancement
Cons
Schedule is posted for two weeks, but does not come out until Wednesday for Sunday. Makes it hard to plan
Good company work for
Treasurer (Volunteer) (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 March 2017
1. Most of management level are very nice
2. Provide great training for employees
3. Good work experience for students, most of time ( Jan. to Aug. ) only have 15 hours weekly for each part time employee.
nice and friendly
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Gibsons, BC27 March 2017
everyone is really nice and it's like we're one great big family
people who have short 4/5 hr shifts still get a 15 minute paid break training is very thorough and specific to the department that you'd work in
Cons
sporadic schedule if you're part time
Computer Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 March 2017
Great working environment and very nice co-workers. pay may not be that much since it is retail but the experience is outstanding. Management is very supportive as well
Pros
Awesome working environment
Cons
low pay
an amazing place to work.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey Centre, BC15 March 2017
The company takes care of each employee separately. The company gives good benefits. the management staff is very supportive and helpful. I enjoyed helping customers.
It is a
STOCKER/CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 March 2017
The company really took good care of its employees. It started by giving the employee a paid orientation and training before formally starting work at the store. It emphasizes on good customer service which impressed me so much. It has good benefits for qualified employees. There is good tasking. It has good store organization. The managerial staff is supportive of the overall store operation including the support staff.I learned about stocking groceries and other products and working as a cashier. I learned to know about good quality items and the art of displaying products. I was trained to deliver good customer service, one of London Drugs' No. 1 mission.

The hardest part of the job was being a cashier because I don't like standing in one place for a long period of time, and I did not have enough experience operating the cash register. i did not feel comfortable looking at customers waiting in line.

I enjoyed stocking and discovering different and new products and the physical exercise it provided me by constantly walking around fixing misplaced items in shelves or refilling shelves.
Pros
employee discount on store purchases, good benefits, good customer service, good management
Cons
Not competitive pay, takes time to be qualified for the health benefits
Great place to have a part time job at.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC27 February 2017
Wages are decent, the workload is not heavy at all, easy to make friends with co-workers. My only real complaint is hours being cut back and the number of staff working is based on how much the departments make instead of the flow of customers.
Pros
Store level management are quite down to earth and easy to approach.
Cons
Disconnect between upper management and front lines making business inefficent at times.
Too good at job, did not advance you as they were afraid to lose you from that position
Early Morning Key Holder/ Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK24 February 2017
Shift work as it was retail. If you were too good at your job, they did not advance you, as they were afraid they could not find someone to do your job as good as you. Although I did enjoy my time spent there.
Cons
had definite favorites
productive, fun
Volunteer Worker (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC27 January 2017
I didn't work here i volunteered at a parade and helped fill out child identification sheets. The other volunteers were very nice and the people who actually worked at London Drugs were very nice as well
Pros
nice people, short
Cons
n/a
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB26 January 2017
Very fast paced environment. Worked as a team to complete day to day tasks. Handled large sums of money everyday. Open and closing of the store. Dealt with all kinds of customer needs as well as all staffing issues.
Fun place to work
Response Centre Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC17 January 2017
Fun place to work, nice staff all work like a family, mutual respect.I started this job only 3 months after coming to Canada and this place has given me a lot.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at London Drugs. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval