London Drugs Employee Reviews

Friendly coworkers that respect each other
Cashier/Post Office/ Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 August 2016
- wonderful coworkers, very supportive of each other
- has reward system for those who work hard
- upbeat and understanding management
- if you are interested, they can offer training in different departments such as post office, pharmacy, photos, stocking, etc, within the store.
- training sessions are informative and covers the job well

- hard part is mostly part time hours only for regular staff
- Enjoyable part: for my own positions, it is not stressful, not too labor intensive, not exposed to harmful chemicals. I have lot of time to read my manuals to perfect my job responsibilities.
Pros
Company staff discounts, comfortable lunchroom with coffee and microwave
Cons
Mostly part time hours only for my type of positions
Great foundations
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 November 2016
I have a hate/love relationship with London Drugs. Probably one of the better retail stores that is Canadian. They have a great selection of products. They have a great pharmacy and reasonable customer service. They need to work on having a better electronics and photography presence. Employees make minimum wage and are sometimes treated well. Sometimes management can be jerks, but they are also sometimes very reasonable. They try to be fair being a smaller retailer and they are supportive to charities and local community!
Pros
Supportive coworkers.
Cons
Not much hours. Grumpy managers.
Do not work here
Audio Video Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 August 2016
Not enough hours, Terrible management and ridiculous rules.Management is very discriminating, and show a lot of favoritism. If you ever wanted to feel like you are in kindergarten all over again then London Drugs is the place to be. The biggest con of all is that you get no recognition for your achievements within the company unless you suck up to management.
Pros
Cons
Sucks the life out of you
I worked as a cashier and the environment i worked in was really friendly and comfortable.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 January 2016
I liked working there as they took care of my schedule and also paid for hard work.
Sometimes it got really hard for me to reach early and end up late, but then i enjoyed working there.
I learnt to be discipline, friendly, punctual, hard working, polite and experienced.
My co workers were really friendly. Many of them are still in touch of me. It was like we had made a family there.
The hardest part of the job was when i had to end late and the store was about to get closed, but customers still came in. I got anxious in such situations but then i learnt to be patient and calm.
The most enjoyable part was when customers appreciated your service. It felt so good as an achievement.
Pros
free lunches, good salary, experience
Cons
Great workplace with coworkers who feel like family
Beauty Advisor/Service Specialist/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC21 May 2016
Since I've started working with London Drugs, I've never felt out of place. My coworkers are wonderful, my days are full of things to do and the management is great. The thing that I love most is interacting with customers on a first hand basis. I love helping customers and providing them with exceptional customer service, going above and beyond making sure all their expectations have been met. The hardest thing about the job is probably commuting.
Lots of opportunities, low pay
Post Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC31 May 2016
Good place to work but only if you're available 24/7. Hard to find a second job due to the inconsistent hours. Can work up to 30+ hours one week and 12 the next. Makes it very difficult to sustain a budget and earn a living unless you've managed to stick around for several years. Great management though always eager to help, can't say enough good things about the managers and supervisors here. Tons of areas in the store to work in.
Amazing company
Department Manager of General Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 July 2016
Amazing company to work for. Only left for personal reasons otherwise would have been there to this day. Enjoyed my five years none the less. Still recommend this company to this day.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Poor Schedule
If you work hard you will get no reward
Photo Lab Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Albert, AB7 July 2016
Management bends over backwards for people who have been here for forever but creates problems and who have horrible customer service. Also if you are not constant on working or talking about work with coworkers you are considered a slacker and not capable of your job.
Humble company
Electronics Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 June 2016
Fun environment with great staff. Their training program is absolutely phenomenal. They treat their employees very well and there is opportunity for advancement.
Pros
great stability
Cons
old staff members
Sometimes enjoyable workplace with enjoyable coworkers.
Cahier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 July 2016
Miserable managers, few fun coworkers. Everyone quits after a few months or so. Customers are usually nice. Salary does not match for the amount of work you do, you are underpaid.
Very relaxed working environment with great customers and coworkers
Audio/Video Systems Specialist (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 July 2016
Overall it is a very nice place to work, the opening staff would often finish all of the tasks leaving almost nothing for the evening staff (which was usually me). This made the environment very relaxed but overall very boring. Not a whole lot of customers from February to October so it is mainly creating tasks.
Pros
Very good breaks, happy stress-free environment
Cons
Almost no hours, very slow business
Challenging and Flexible work environment
Cashier and working stock (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC5 May 2016
Flexible hours that allowed me to continue with my schooling and further my knowledge of customer service. Management was understanding and easy going. Co-workers were easy to get along with. Hardest part of the job was the busy holiday season.
Hardworking Person
Recycling helper (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 November 2016
Iam a Friendly Person with Positive attitude.
Communicate well with others.
Work well in a team and independently
Conducting Inventory and ordered Stock
Pros
Good Hospitality and Positive attitude like Customers and Workmates.
Cons
Breakages
Excellent products at reasonable prices
Asst. Manager, Photo/Electronics (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 October 2016
London drugs is now a good company to work for as a second source of income, you have great customers and can build a good relationship with most co-workers.
Pros
good products, good prices
Cons
H.O. does not support staff
Good Work Family
Back-up Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC11 August 2016
I really enjoy the welcoming attitude majority of the staff have. I advanced quickly through the ranks by proving my usefulness and resourcefulness. I really enjoy working here and have made many life-long friends
Productive, supporting & fun place to work with
Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC17 October 2015
Excellent allowance packages, provided by strategical training by senior management, helpful co - workers, Fun place to work with.
Pros
Good pay & benefits, good corporate culture
Cons
No weekends, Early morning shifts starts at 5am
Productive Fun Simple
Lot Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 April 2016
Easy Relaxing most days were not stressful co-workers very nice some management were very helpful some not very nice pay for a student
Pros
Discount on items
Cons
Not much to do after responsbilites
Professional
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 September 2016
Supportive fellow employees.
Working for London Drugs helped me grow as a person.
I can wear multiple hats, work as cashier, customer service, beauty advisor and stock person.
enjoyed working for London Drugs
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB12 November 2016
My first Job in Alberta
Learned customer service
First time using a cash register
Learned how to work with a team
co-workers were great
Amazing place to work
Sales Administrator (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 May 2015
Every retail organization goes through their slow times, and this really sucks for London Drugs employees. It's hard when you have bills to pay and the money is just not coming in.

However, their ability to maintain a work life balance is superb. On top of this they accommodate school as much as they can and will almost always give you time off if asked for when coming to exams and important life lessons.

London Drugs gives the opportunity to an individual to improve based upon if they see that you have potential and work hard every day.

I wouldn't have worked at this company for six years, and come to work everyday with a smile on my face and motivation to work if this was the same old retail experience.

They are one of the best companies I have worked for and they maintain a home spot in my heart. I know this is where I belong, and I know that if I continue to grow with the company there are many different avenues I can take
Pros
Ability to improve. Allows for learning curve. Ability to continue school and work here.
Cons
Competitive salary but not good enough.