London Drugs

London Drugs Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun workplace
Customer service Specialist (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCJanuary 23, 2015
London Drugs is a great place to work and shop. I enjoyed training in many different departments of their stores. The hours can be hard as of course it is sales but the staff are easy to work with. I enjoyed the learning experience and sales mostly in the AVS department.
fast paced
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee), Maple Ridge, BCJanuary 21, 2015
Working for the London Drugs Customer Service team was interesting. Every day was an adventure. I liked that this company is very strong on Customer Service. They really believe the customer is right.
Great Work Environment
Photo Electronics/Computers Sales Associate (Former Employee), Courtenay, BCJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: great working atmosphere
Cons: not having the product in store
Show up early for work to organize and clean working area, Customer Service, great learning environment, Product knowledge with Cell Phones, Plans, Cameras, and other Electronics, Coworkers were great to work with. Management were great to. The hardest part was not having the product in store. The most enjoyable part of my job was showing customers new Cell Phone devices and sharing the specifications and features, the plans that are available from each providers also showing the apps that are available.
Great Team to work with
Assistant Cosmetic Manager (Former Employee), London, ONJanuary 11, 2015
My day would start with checking department conditions and facing of products. Inventory status would be monitored each day as to shrink or damaged products. My co-workers were always on the same page as myself in providing great customer service and going the extra mile to satisfy. Working for a family owned company made a huge difference in the treatment and respect for the staff.
London Drugs Emplyers
Photo Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Coquitlam, BCJanuary 7, 2015
Work was fantastic and easy, it was fun working with and around such great people, my managers were wonderful people and made my time learning and working their amazing.
As it was only for work experience I was so excited when they asked if I would like to work as a casual for the christmas season. The job was never difficult and they were even kind when I made a mistake here and there. But it was like a family, I really enjoyed my time, and people would look out for me.
My co-workers were helpful, fun, and very focused, there were days where we were working extremely difficult and even then they were still great companions.
The hardest part may have been the standing, as most of my job required me to be on my feet, some days they were very sore, however the highlight of a great company, and co-workers, and simply the environment was the best part of my job.
Team building enviroment
Manager (Current Employee), Regin, SKDecember 21, 2014
After contributing to the growth and success over the past 27 years with London Drugs, I am seeking new challenges with a company in need of someone with exceptional planning, leadership, and management abilities. By working as a management team leading by example and guiding the store to new performance levels will increase fiscal numbers and keep bottom line in check. My greatest strength is developing a cohesive team that works together to build on sales for now and future growth.
Toxic Employer - Snakes in Suits
Friend of an Employee (Former Employee), CanadaDecember 14, 2014
Pros: few if any. better than no job at all, barely. maybe worse.
Cons: can't be trusted about anything. too many toxic managers and snakes in suits.
Apparently most of the low level staff are great to work for. Just regular folks trying to scratch out a living like anyone else, but not long after starting I began noticing them having problems getting their performance reviews and raises.

The same thing started happening to my friend. She started asking questions and was told by the regional manager to "keep her head down and do her job".

Things continued to get worse when the supervisors and managers began lying about her performance. Then they demanded that some employees ( another person ) enter into legal contracts that would make them liable for lawsuits against their product suppliers, or else face dismissal.

An independent report was done that indicated extraordinarily low trust in management, and after these results came out they had a "study group" in one store to come up with ideas to improve the image of management. Participants were not allowed to discuss wages as any part of the solution, and another employee I knew was fired because he was deemed to be a "union threat'.

The list goes on and on and on. From the way returned products are repacked and resold to the constant shuffling of low level management from location to location and unfulfilled promises. Their policies and hiring practises sound great, but they're largely lip-service.

They say they hire from within but I've seen new employees parachuted in over existing ones into positions they didn't even apply for. They say hours are flexible, but when you want flexibility you might suddenly find you have fewer hours. What they really mean is flexible for them.
Nice people to work with. Really nice staffs.
Computer Specialist (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 17, 2014
It is always full of challenges at work, between trying to help customers, merchandising, and completing the tasks, it takes some efforts to balance them all. I leant a lot from working there, about new technology, and people skills. Managers are mostly nice, and busy doing their own tasks. Co-workers are the highlight part working in London Drugs. Staff at London Drugs are generally kind, and nice.
A vast array of health & wellness products for sale to most people
Cashier (Former Employee), Penticton, BCNovember 6, 2014
Pros: meeting people
Cons: repetitious work
Maintain the customer service & check-out areas for prompt & accurate processing of customer orders.
Ensure loss prevention systems & procedures are performed according to guidelines.
Thoroughly enjoy meeting new customers and staff.
When help is required management is always there for assistance.
Hardest part is trying to stay busy when there are no customers.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales and Service (Former Employee), West Vancouver, BCOctober 20, 2014
Pros: simple work
Cons: evening shifts
- Handle customer inquiries, complaints, billing questions and payment extension/service requests
- Calm disgruntled callers, repair trust, locate resources for problem resolution and design best-option solutions
- Interface daily with internal partners in management, field services and operations
- Evening shifts, late nights
Great place to work.
Customer Service/Cosmetician (Current Employee), Prince George, BCSeptember 27, 2014
I have been a long term employee. My hours vary as i work shift work. I have learned teamwork skills and the operation of a cashier till. The most enjoyable part of my job is dealing with the public.
Great job for university students
Beauty Advisor/Cosmetician (Former Employee), Richmond, BCSeptember 4, 2014
Great part-time job while getting a degree -- very accommodating to student schedules.
more good times than bad
Customer Service/Isle Person (Current Employee), Medicine Hat, ABAugust 22, 2014
Over my many years with the company, have met and have a lot of respect for so many.

I have no hard feelings towards the staff here in the Hat,,or other farm stores ( and some agents).

I did enjoy my total of 13 years with the company and will never forget the experience.
LD
Photo Lab Manager (Former Employee), Prince GeorgeAugust 6, 2014
I enjoyed working at London Drugs, until I went into management. As a young female I felt like I was not supported by my store or assistant manager. I knew how to do my job and was good at it but felt like I was not appreciated at all. The salary and the benefits were good as was the experience. I met some great people there as well.
A nice place to work but the salary is too low
Postal Office Clerk (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJune 23, 2014
Pros: no work days on public holiday
Cons: low salary
- a typical day for me is to organize the coin cabinet, the stamps draw, print out all the final delivery notice card. When we open, we help customer mail their letter or parcel and recommend the best way to mail it. I also have to do money orders, print out cheques for customer, fill out customer's information. If the time is close to the letter carrier to come and collect our parcels and letters, I will begin to prepare to organize everything and make sure when the letter carrier come, he can take them right the way.
-my co-workers are great, we always work as a team, especially at Christmas time, the team work helps each procedure go faster so customer will not wait in the line for too long while carrying heavy parcel.
-the hardest park of my job is sometimes I have to left some parcels that is over 15 pounds
- the most enjoyable part of the job is to talk to the customer, sometimes they sent parcel oversea to their family, we always chat about their family's life in th other country, their family story, and how exciting their friend will be to receive a little gift from Canada.
Bad Mangmet in Longon Drug becuase it depend about if you are friend to the operation manager
Specialist Insurance (Former Employee), Langley, BCMay 27, 2014
1-I have worked in London Drugs on 2003 to 2012..
2- I have learned a lot in the insurance field.
3-I have very good relation with my Co-Workers
4-I know how to deal with multicultural people and I can manage hard situation .
5-Always I give my hand to the co-workers in difficult situations
5-The most enjoyable art og my job is dealing with multicultural people
London drugs
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Victoria, BCApril 23, 2014
Pros: great environment
Cons: not enough hours.
At this job I sold computers and computer peripherals with an emphasis on selling warranties with each desktop/laptop I sold. The management was not very motivated, however my coworkers were great and very proactive. This was the job where I started learning about computers hardware and gained a great passion for everything computer related. The hardest part about this job was competing with my other coworkers for hours as it was part time.
Waste of time
Specialist (Former Employee), vancouver, BCApril 15, 2014
Pros: no pros unless working for minimum wage is your thing.
Cons: no future for most part time folks. they are brainwashed by hr to lie.
Worked as computer specialist. Company has this thing about being a family which is not true. It is only a family for the full time folks which are set and if you work for minimum wage like all people who start there do, do not expect a raise, more hours or to be respected as one of the family in the least. The IT is behind the times and causes lots of delays and time wasted with customers. Not a place I recommend in the least. Some narly managers with attitude in a goose step manner. If you have suggestions keep them to yourself, they do not appreciate if you see areas they can improve particularly if you actually have the experience and knowledge in your background. Their sales techniques are from the 1950's and since they rarely have stock for advertised specials it is not a place to build clientele. They are there purely to support the pharmacy and sundries business with little or no respect for your real experience.
oportunity for advancement
Sr. QA Lead Test Analyst (CONTRACT) (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCMarch 17, 2014
Pros: oportunity for advancement
Cons: great bonuses
meeting client teams and coach mentor teams. I enjoy sharing my experiences and helping the client to achieve deadlines. Working long hours since I have to lead offshore teams as well.
great place
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Surrey, BCMarch 13, 2014
great place to work for. Best retail business. great management.

1 2 3 4

About London Drugs

London Drugs is 100% Canadian owned and is focused on local customers' satisfaction. Across Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and – Read more