London Drugs

London Drugs Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Friendly and understanding work environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Paid 2 day training, good for people who are just entering the workforce
Cons: only pay minimum wage
They have a fantastic 2 day training program, which is good for people who have never been in retail, and you get paid for going. Coworkers were friendly and capable for the most part and Management was available quickly and very understanding and caring. The hardest part of the job is Christmas, since you get a lot of imoatient customers and on Christmas eve they may give you mandatory extra hours by 3 hours.Closed on Christmas. As well, they may call you in often if someone else loses a shift, but this isn't mandatory and they're understanding if you can't come.They only pay minimum wage (the mcdonalds across the street pays $14/hr).Every once in a while, like every 3 or 4 months, they have mandatory meetings for all staff at 6 am but they serve free breakfast. They have heaters in the cashier's counters, so even though the counters are often by the doors, you'll be kept warm, and you have complete control over how warm you want to be with an under-the-counter knob. Best part of the job is that they limit all cashiers shifts to 5 hours since they don't want people to stand too long. They give you two 15 minute breaks for a five hour shift and 2 15 minute breaks and a half hour lunch for an 8 hour shift.
A typical Day
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJune 23, 2015
Pros: Great co-workers
Cons: Shift work, and the hourly wage is terrible
In a typical day at work is spent helping customers find what they are looking for, answering the phone and directing them to the right person. I also take care of the majority of returns, helping my co-workers when and where I can. I do the scheduling and managing of the breaks. I also help out around the floor by writing off all the expired products in the store as well as help out management with changing the way certain products are displayed on the shelf.
Slightly depressive but not too bad
Casual (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Coquitlam, BCMay 30, 2015
There is always work that needs to be done, from stocking merchandise to finding the rightful place of a product that has been left behind randomly in the store. After a few shifts, the tasks become repetitive and a little labour-intensive. Whereas on the bright side, the company teaches its employees how to provide the most polite and definite costumer service. The job is team oriented but most of the time everyone is busy working on their own task.
Amazing place to work
Sales Administrator (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCMay 27, 2015
Pros: Ability to improve. Allows for learning curve. Ability to continue school and work here.
Cons: Competitive salary but not good enough.
Every retail organization goes through their slow times, and this really sucks for London Drugs employees. It's hard when you have bills to pay and the money is just not coming in.

However, their ability to maintain a work life balance is superb. On top of this they accommodate school as much as they can and will almost always give you time off if asked for when coming to exams and important life lessons.

London Drugs gives the opportunity to an individual to improve based upon if they see that you have potential and work hard every day.

I wouldn't have worked at this company for six years, and come to work everyday with a smile on my face and motivation to work if this was the same old retail experience.

They are one of the best companies I have worked for and they maintain a home spot in my heart. I know this is where I belong, and I know that if I continue to grow with the company there are many different avenues I can take
Great play to work but not the best wage
Retail Technical Specialist (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMay 6, 2015
Pros: Great people
Cons: $$$ is not enough
I love working here but my god the pay is terrible. They expect you do all the stock and sell all the products in a 4 hour shift while getting paid a very LOW wage
not a susatinable form of employment
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee), richmond bcMay 4, 2015
Pros: family company
Cons: retail is a poor choice of emplyment
don't work for this employer , they pay minimum wage and you are expected to provide the customers with an outstanding service which they deserve , but the employees also deserve to be paid better
good place to work flexible hours
Stock Service/customer service (Current Employee), Saskatoon, SKApril 29, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: pay is not very high, not very many or substanstial raises
stock shifts are 4-5 hours long and the work involved is not very thought provoking. The people that I worked with at my location were very friendly and helpful. It never felt awkward to ask for help.
Very rewarding, enjoyable, learning experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 27, 2015
Pros: Good hours, fun staff
Cons: Christmas rush
Every day was essentially the same, and I enjoyed the reliability. Coworkers were awesome, managerial staff was understanding yet firm, and the customers were fantastic. I had a great time here and would recommend London Drugs to anyone looking for an introductory level job with chances to move up.
it is a nice temporary, part time job, job while going to school
customer service (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCApril 17, 2015
Pros: Nice atmosphere to work.
Cons: no seniority, wages are low
primarily job requires good customer service skill, whether on cash or other. The hardest part of the job, I guess, is dealing with difficult customers within a time frame allowed.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Grande Prairie, ABMarch 18, 2015
Great place to work just not where I want to be in my life right now.
Management is great and I have seen or heard very little gossip and only experienced bullying on the job on two occasions.
Superannuated Management
Electronics/Computer Specialist (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCMarch 14, 2015
Pros: good (but payed for) benifits, on site security guards (trained & certified), dress code
Cons: unreliable hours, corner cutting, little reward for employees
The London Drugs name is a decent "brand" name in the community. Products tend to be reliable, selection decent however pricing can, sometimes, be a tad high.
A typical day at work includes a focus on customer services with paper work that assists in the tracking of customer purchases and some that appears to allow cut backs at head office by off loading the paper work on to floor personal.
Cleaning typically left till the end of the day unless it affects the public image (such as dirty floors in winter time) or is a critical safety issue.
Senior management is, unfortunately, the one of the major reasons London Drugs is not a top tier employer. Directing stores to increase profitability by a minimum developed around the last year's profits senior management tend to adopt superannuated behaviour that leads to unpredictable hours of employment, few to no positions for job advancement & behaviour that may be contrary to best practice (such as missing equipment, lack of training, etc.).
The saving grace of the company is individuals manning the store locations tend to be a good fit for the departments they work in. This brings a passion to the store that is not met in other competitors.
However with guaranteed hours hard to obtain consistent customer service is hard to judge as customers attending store locations will nearly always have a different point of contact with each visit.
Best company to work!!
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCMarch 7, 2015
I have to say that after working at Starbucks for over five years I still miss it. I was hired as full time and given full time hours all the time. Booking vacation time off was never an issue as long as I give plenty of notice, I had to cut my availability back to only two days a week and they were totally accommodating. I miss not being there more often. My fellow partners are amazing, they whole atmosphere pushes teamwork and cooperation, I really enjoy it--plus, free coffee!
Decent Job
Department Manager Photo Electronics (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: staff discount
Cons: inflexible schedule
London Drugs treated me very well. The schedule was a bit tricky at times I felt like I put more in then I received back.
Management varied from store to store, some were great some needed more experience.
The staff were the best assets that London Drugs has. The hardest part of the job was always being pressured to perform at the highest level, it made one feel like they were not doing enough. The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with the customers.
Reasonable working environment
Audio and Video Specialist (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 3, 2015
This position occurred within the professional services in the Audio, Video, and Camera Departments to the following: acknowledgement of customer’s needs, continuous training - updating skills to portray proper information to the customer, stock ordering and placing special orders were placed as required, and customer service given in primary focus.
Comfortable place to work with good people
Evening Stock Associate (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: employee discounts
Cons: undesirable hours
I'd come in for my shift and I'm greeted with people happy to be there. There wasn't much to learn; I basically stocked shelves and helped customers find pharmacy items. My co-workers were pleasant. The hardest part of the job was dealing with drug addicts who thought the pharmacy was an easy place to score needles. The most enjoyable part of the job was actually helping customers find what they were looking for.
Fun workplace
Customer service Specialist (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCJanuary 23, 2015
London Drugs is a great place to work and shop. I enjoyed training in many different departments of their stores. The hours can be hard as of course it is sales but the staff are easy to work with. I enjoyed the learning experience and sales mostly in the AVS department.
fast paced
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee), Maple Ridge, BCJanuary 21, 2015
Working for the London Drugs Customer Service team was interesting. Every day was an adventure. I liked that this company is very strong on Customer Service. They really believe the customer is right.
Great Work Environment
Photo Electronics/Computers Sales Associate (Former Employee), Courtenay, BCJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: great working atmosphere
Cons: not having the product in store
Show up early for work to organize and clean working area, Customer Service, great learning environment, Product knowledge with Cell Phones, Plans, Cameras, and other Electronics, Coworkers were great to work with. Management were great to. The hardest part was not having the product in store. The most enjoyable part of my job was showing customers new Cell Phone devices and sharing the specifications and features, the plans that are available from each providers also showing the apps that are available.
Great Team to work with
Assistant Cosmetic Manager (Former Employee), London, ONJanuary 11, 2015
My day would start with checking department conditions and facing of products. Inventory status would be monitored each day as to shrink or damaged products. My co-workers were always on the same page as myself in providing great customer service and going the extra mile to satisfy. Working for a family owned company made a huge difference in the treatment and respect for the staff.
London Drugs Emplyers
Photo Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Coquitlam, BCJanuary 7, 2015
Work was fantastic and easy, it was fun working with and around such great people, my managers were wonderful people and made my time learning and working their amazing.
As it was only for work experience I was so excited when they asked if I would like to work as a casual for the christmas season. The job was never difficult and they were even kind when I made a mistake here and there. But it was like a family, I really enjoyed my time, and people would look out for me.
My co-workers were helpful, fun, and very focused, there were days where we were working extremely difficult and even then they were still great companions.
The hardest part may have been the standing, as most of my job required me to be on my feet, some days they were very sore, however the highlight of a great company, and co-workers, and simply the environment was the best part of my job.
Headquarters