London Drugs Employee Reviews

Great place to have a part time job at.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC27 February 2017
Wages are decent, the workload is not heavy at all, easy to make friends with co-workers. My only real complaint is hours being cut back and the number of staff working is based on how much the departments make instead of the flow of customers.
Pros
Store level management are quite down to earth and easy to approach.
Cons
Disconnect between upper management and front lines making business inefficent at times.
relaxed and fun work enviorment
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC8 December 2016
My typical day would start by opening boxes of products and stock them on the shelves int he isles. I learned how to talk to people more effectively because customer would always ask me for help and i actually enjoyed that aspect. Co workers were nice and friendly i had no problems. Hardest part of the job was finding the right isles for the product to be stocked. What i found most enjoyable about the job was helping customers.
Pros
very relaxed work enviorment
Cons
can be a bit confusing
Great foundations
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 November 2016
I have a hate/love relationship with London Drugs. Probably one of the better retail stores that is Canadian. They have a great selection of products. They have a great pharmacy and reasonable customer service. They need to work on having a better electronics and photography presence. Employees make minimum wage and are sometimes treated well. Sometimes management can be jerks, but they are also sometimes very reasonable. They try to be fair being a smaller retailer and they are supportive to charities and local community!
Pros
Supportive coworkers.
Cons
Not much hours. Grumpy managers.
Too good at job, did not advance you as they were afraid to lose you from that position
Early Morning Key Holder/ Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK24 February 2017
Shift work as it was retail. If you were too good at your job, they did not advance you, as they were afraid they could not find someone to do your job as good as you. Although I did enjoy my time spent there.
Cons
had definite favorites
productive, fun
Volunteer Worker (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC27 January 2017
I didn't work here i volunteered at a parade and helped fill out child identification sheets. The other volunteers were very nice and the people who actually worked at London Drugs were very nice as well
Pros
nice people, short
Cons
n/a
Computer Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 March 2017
Great working environment and very nice co-workers. pay may not be that much since it is retail but the experience is outstanding. Management is very supportive as well
Pros
Awesome working environment
Cons
low pay
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB26 January 2017
Very fast paced environment. Worked as a team to complete day to day tasks. Handled large sums of money everyday. Open and closing of the store. Dealt with all kinds of customer needs as well as all staffing issues.
Hardworking Person
Recycling helper (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 November 2016
Iam a Friendly Person with Positive attitude.
Communicate well with others.
Work well in a team and independently
Conducting Inventory and ordered Stock
Pros
Good Hospitality and Positive attitude like Customers and Workmates.
Cons
Breakages
Excellent products at reasonable prices
Asst. Manager, Photo/Electronics (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 October 2016
London drugs is now a good company to work for as a second source of income, you have great customers and can build a good relationship with most co-workers.
Pros
good products, good prices
Cons
H.O. does not support staff
Do not work here
Audio Video Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 August 2016
Not enough hours, Terrible management and ridiculous rules.Management is very discriminating, and show a lot of favoritism. If you ever wanted to feel like you are in kindergarten all over again then London Drugs is the place to be. The biggest con of all is that you get no recognition for your achievements within the company unless you suck up to management.
Pros
Cons
Sucks the life out of you
Friendly coworkers that respect each other
Cashier/Post Office/ Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 August 2016
- wonderful coworkers, very supportive of each other
- has reward system for those who work hard
- upbeat and understanding management
- if you are interested, they can offer training in different departments such as post office, pharmacy, photos, stocking, etc, within the store.
- training sessions are informative and covers the job well

- hard part is mostly part time hours only for regular staff
- Enjoyable part: for my own positions, it is not stressful, not too labor intensive, not exposed to harmful chemicals. I have lot of time to read my manuals to perfect my job responsibilities.
Pros
Company staff discounts, comfortable lunchroom with coffee and microwave
Cons
Mostly part time hours only for my type of positions
Fun place to work
Response Centre Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC17 January 2017
Fun place to work, nice staff all work like a family, mutual respect.I started this job only 3 months after coming to Canada and this place has given me a lot.
Very relaxed working environment with great customers and coworkers
Audio/Video Systems Specialist (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 July 2016
Overall it is a very nice place to work, the opening staff would often finish all of the tasks leaving almost nothing for the evening staff (which was usually me). This made the environment very relaxed but overall very boring. Not a whole lot of customers from February to October so it is mainly creating tasks.
Pros
Very good breaks, happy stress-free environment
Cons
Almost no hours, very slow business
enjoyed working for London Drugs
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB12 November 2016
My first Job in Alberta
Learned customer service
First time using a cash register
Learned how to work with a team
co-workers were great
Professional
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 September 2016
Supportive fellow employees.
Working for London Drugs helped me grow as a person.
I can wear multiple hats, work as cashier, customer service, beauty advisor and stock person.
Enjoyed my department environment
Beauty Advisor and Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 June 2016
I highly enjoyed the people I worked with in my department. Hard to get time off, even if were from out of the city. Some coworkers (mostly out of my department) could be rather rude. Large learning curve for the job, which was nice. Stressful (and often daily) part of the job was having to try and prevent theft by offering customer service to customers who were perceived as a threat of theft.
Lots of opportunities, low pay
Post Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC31 May 2016
Good place to work but only if you're available 24/7. Hard to find a second job due to the inconsistent hours. Can work up to 30+ hours one week and 12 the next. Makes it very difficult to sustain a budget and earn a living unless you've managed to stick around for several years. Great management though always eager to help, can't say enough good things about the managers and supervisors here. Tons of areas in the store to work in.
If you work hard you will get no reward
Photo Lab Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Albert, AB7 July 2016
Management bends over backwards for people who have been here for forever but creates problems and who have horrible customer service. Also if you are not constant on working or talking about work with coworkers you are considered a slacker and not capable of your job.
Good Work Family
Back-up Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC11 August 2016
I really enjoy the welcoming attitude majority of the staff have. I advanced quickly through the ranks by proving my usefulness and resourcefulness. I really enjoy working here and have made many life-long friends
Great workplace with coworkers who feel like family
Beauty Advisor/Service Specialist/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC21 May 2016
Since I've started working with London Drugs, I've never felt out of place. My coworkers are wonderful, my days are full of things to do and the management is great. The thing that I love most is interacting with customers on a first hand basis. I love helping customers and providing them with exceptional customer service, going above and beyond making sure all their expectations have been met. The hardest thing about the job is probably commuting.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at London Drugs. Our community is ready to answer.