London Drugs Employee Reviews

Fast paced, great people, great Canadian company
Employee (Current Employee) –  Duncan, BC29 March 2017
London drugs has a way of making you feel like you are with family when you go to work. The entire team from management to stocking crew are all very supportive. There is so much opportunity for cross training, many employees stay with the company for years and never get bored with what they are doing.
You will always work hard but at the end of the day there is a sense of accomplishment and pride. I recommend London drugs as a career choice for anyone with a strong work ethic who enjoys working on a team setting. Wages are good once you have been there for a while bonus available after a year based on your annual review. Would be nice to see fewer distributions of stock and more store choice based on neibourhood needs.
Pros
Employee discounts, flexible schedule, room for advancement
Cons
Schedule is posted for two weeks, but does not come out until Wednesday for Sunday. Makes it hard to plan
Good company work for
Treasurer (Volunteer) (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 March 2017
1. Most of management level are very nice
2. Provide great training for employees
3. Good work experience for students, most of time ( Jan. to Aug. ) only have 15 hours weekly for each part time employee.
nice and friendly
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Gibsons, BC27 March 2017
everyone is really nice and it's like we're one great big family
people who have short 4/5 hr shifts still get a 15 minute paid break training is very thorough and specific to the department that you'd work in
Cons
sporadic schedule if you're part time
Computer Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 March 2017
Great working environment and very nice co-workers. pay may not be that much since it is retail but the experience is outstanding. Management is very supportive as well
Pros
Awesome working environment
Cons
low pay
an amazing place to work.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey Centre, BC15 March 2017
The company takes care of each employee separately. The company gives good benefits. the management staff is very supportive and helpful. I enjoyed helping customers.
It is a
STOCKER/CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 March 2017
The company really took good care of its employees. It started by giving the employee a paid orientation and training before formally starting work at the store. It emphasizes on good customer service which impressed me so much. It has good benefits for qualified employees. There is good tasking. It has good store organization. The managerial staff is supportive of the overall store operation including the support staff.I learned about stocking groceries and other products and working as a cashier. I learned to know about good quality items and the art of displaying products. I was trained to deliver good customer service, one of London Drugs' No. 1 mission.

The hardest part of the job was being a cashier because I don't like standing in one place for a long period of time, and I did not have enough experience operating the cash register. i did not feel comfortable looking at customers waiting in line.

I enjoyed stocking and discovering different and new products and the physical exercise it provided me by constantly walking around fixing misplaced items in shelves or refilling shelves.
Pros
employee discount on store purchases, good benefits, good customer service, good management
Cons
Not competitive pay, takes time to be qualified for the health benefits
Great place to have a part time job at.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC27 February 2017
Wages are decent, the workload is not heavy at all, easy to make friends with co-workers. My only real complaint is hours being cut back and the number of staff working is based on how much the departments make instead of the flow of customers.
Pros
Store level management are quite down to earth and easy to approach.
Cons
Disconnect between upper management and front lines making business inefficent at times.
Too good at job, did not advance you as they were afraid to lose you from that position
Early Morning Key Holder/ Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK24 February 2017
Shift work as it was retail. If you were too good at your job, they did not advance you, as they were afraid they could not find someone to do your job as good as you. Although I did enjoy my time spent there.
Cons
had definite favorites
productive, fun
Volunteer Worker (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC27 January 2017
I didn't work here i volunteered at a parade and helped fill out child identification sheets. The other volunteers were very nice and the people who actually worked at London Drugs were very nice as well
Pros
nice people, short
Cons
n/a
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB26 January 2017
Very fast paced environment. Worked as a team to complete day to day tasks. Handled large sums of money everyday. Open and closing of the store. Dealt with all kinds of customer needs as well as all staffing issues.
Fun place to work
Response Centre Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC17 January 2017
Fun place to work, nice staff all work like a family, mutual respect.I started this job only 3 months after coming to Canada and this place has given me a lot.
relaxed and fun work enviorment
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC8 December 2016
My typical day would start by opening boxes of products and stock them on the shelves int he isles. I learned how to talk to people more effectively because customer would always ask me for help and i actually enjoyed that aspect. Co workers were nice and friendly i had no problems. Hardest part of the job was finding the right isles for the product to be stocked. What i found most enjoyable about the job was helping customers.
Pros
very relaxed work enviorment
Cons
can be a bit confusing
Large company that makes it hard for newer members due to old fashion policies.
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC30 November 2016
Normally i'm at the front desk, handling customer needs that our cashiers and stock team are unable to deal with. This includes checking stock, ordering products in, selling bus fair, lottery tickets, cigarettes and dealing with refunds.

Management is hit and miss, worked with great supervisors and managers but also dealt with selfish and lazy ones as well.

Hardest part of the job is dealing with customers, no one likes to be rejected and sometimes situations escalate quickly. Also being newer to the company i often got stuck with closing shifts which had a very heavy impact on my personal life. i would often close 3-4 times a week since most of the people working in my position been with the company for 10 years+.

Most enjoyable part of the job is staff, being in the front desk i tend to micro manage the cashiers and stock team to help certain needs (helping customers find products, carry out, checking stock). The ones i worked with always had a good attitudes and were team players. Especially during the night when the floor staff only have 2-3 members to close the store (excluding departments).
Pros
very secure once you get in, good benefits after first year, staff is generally friendly
Cons
seniority is priority which means you will be working late shifts, constant hour cuts makes it very stressful for the closing team to run the store with minimal staff, almost no staff parking
Great foundations
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 November 2016
I have a hate/love relationship with London Drugs. Probably one of the better retail stores that is Canadian. They have a great selection of products. They have a great pharmacy and reasonable customer service. They need to work on having a better electronics and photography presence. Employees make minimum wage and are sometimes treated well. Sometimes management can be jerks, but they are also sometimes very reasonable. They try to be fair being a smaller retailer and they are supportive to charities and local community!
Pros
Supportive coworkers.
Cons
Not much hours. Grumpy managers.
enjoyed working for London Drugs
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB12 November 2016
My first Job in Alberta
Learned customer service
First time using a cash register
Learned how to work with a team
co-workers were great
Hardworking Person
Recycling helper (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 November 2016
Iam a Friendly Person with Positive attitude.
Communicate well with others.
Work well in a team and independently
Conducting Inventory and ordered Stock
Pros
Good Hospitality and Positive attitude like Customers and Workmates.
Cons
Breakages
Excellent products at reasonable prices
Asst. Manager, Photo/Electronics (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 October 2016
London drugs is now a good company to work for as a second source of income, you have great customers and can build a good relationship with most co-workers.
Pros
good products, good prices
Cons
H.O. does not support staff
Professional
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 September 2016
Supportive fellow employees.
Working for London Drugs helped me grow as a person.
I can wear multiple hats, work as cashier, customer service, beauty advisor and stock person.
Work Experience
General Employee (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 September 2016
Getting a general idea what to look for in a work environment for people with ASD(Autism Spectrum Disorder high functioning, or Asperger's Syndrome high functioning or both.)
Do not work here
Audio Video Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 August 2016
Not enough hours, Terrible management and ridiculous rules.Management is very discriminating, and show a lot of favoritism. If you ever wanted to feel like you are in kindergarten all over again then London Drugs is the place to be. The biggest con of all is that you get no recognition for your achievements within the company unless you suck up to management.
Pros
Cons
Sucks the life out of you

Ask a question about working or interviewing at London Drugs. Our community is ready to answer.