London Drugs Employee Reviews in Canada

Great workplace with coworkers who feel like family
Beauty Advisor/Service Specialist/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCMay 21, 2016
Since I've started working with London Drugs, I've never felt out of place. My coworkers are wonderful, my days are full of things to do and the management is great. The thing that I love most is interacting with customers on a first hand basis. I love helping customers and providing them with exceptional customer service, going above and beyond making sure all their expectations have been met. The hardest thing about the job is probably commuting.
no hours to offer and when you do work, the pay is terrible.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCMarch 23, 2016
If you think you're gonna get anywhere or be able to support yourself working for this company, you're wrong. There's nothing but minimal hours scheduled unless you can be available for call ins. They work with no staff and the staff that are there are overloaded with tasks. Employees at the store I was at were bitter and angry that they work like mules for little pay and hours. The 2 days you spend during your training is nothing but 16 hours of them selling a dream that doesn't exist. Don't waste your time.
Pros
you get 2 days pay for training
Cons
no hours and terrible pay
Productive and Fun place to work
Store Price Co Ordinator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCMarch 29, 2016
London Drugs is a busy and fulfilling place to work. Hardest part of the job was keeping up with the pace and succeeding in finishing the job at the end of the day. Was always a pleasure to work with the people in the day to day operations of the retail life. The team of people i worked with always felt like family.
I worked as a cashier and the environment i worked in was really friendly and comfortable.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJanuary 17, 2016
I liked working there as they took care of my schedule and also paid for hard work.
Sometimes it got really hard for me to reach early and end up late, but then i enjoyed working there.
I learnt to be discipline, friendly, punctual, hard working, polite and experienced.
My co workers were really friendly. Many of them are still in touch of me. It was like we had made a family there.
The hardest part of the job was when i had to end late and the store was about to get closed, but customers still came in. I got anxious in such situations but then i learnt to be patient and calm.
The most enjoyable part was when customers appreciated your service. It felt so good as an achievement.
Pros
free lunches, good salary, experience
2 week Work Experience
Pharmacist Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BCApril 13, 2016
Co-workers were informative and friendly in teaching me what to do. Manager was also well versed in pharmaceuticals. Hardest part of the job was the fact that most of the job involves standing and repetitive work.
Productive Fun Simple
Lot Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 28, 2016
Easy Relaxing most days were not stressful co-workers very nice some management were very helpful some not very nice pay for a student
Pros
Discount on items
Cons
Not much to do after responsbilites
Great and welcoming work place for anyone trying to attain a long term job
Early Morning Stock Crew (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BCDecember 27, 2015
I love working here at London Drugs as a EMS ( Early Morning Stock Crew ) . I work with great members of the team. Despite work being at 4am we all get energized and get the job done. We replenish shelves on new products, dispose of old products that are damaged or may have been tampered with. I don't see many challenges to the job besides waking up early but the sleepiness goes away. We break down skids and sort products by their categories they go into. Speed is a major factor to finish the job otherwise the shelves do not get sorted out. The co-workers really help get the sleepy factor out of the way, encouraging each other to stick it through the early hours. A lot of skills transferred over from the 4 years working at McDonalds that make this job easy. Fast paced, organizing, team work and communicating with workers incase they need help, and using time efficiently.
Pros
Right in the morning
Cons
short hours
Boring job.
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 5, 2016
Soul sucking job that was not fun and everyone that worked there was miserable and extremely underpaid. I would not recommend anybody ever work there unless they live being unhappy.
London Drugs
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 6, 2016
London drugs is a great company to work for. They provide training to all new employees no matter what job you start in and invest in their employees. They allow for advancements in the company.
Amazing
Computer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BCApril 30, 2016
Customer service skills are a must and a good attitude, work days are not long or tiring. The staff and management are excellent and the company is amazing!
OK workplace
Cashier / Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, CanadaApril 22, 2016
It was fun again there was always something to do so you just got on with it and made sure the work was done so no one could complain
The co workers are Fantastic to work with. Lots of teamwork.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 15, 2015
Management is too judgemental and they place blame on the Supervisors for things that go wrong, when they are the people who make the mistakes. They pass the buck so to speak. The pay was great when I worked there, but apparently not anymore. The company talks about open communication, but rarely ever really listen to their employees concerns.
Pros
Great pay, decent hours 4 years ago
Cons
poor management
great team
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCOctober 25, 2015
great team both in cosmetic and through the whole store. great team and great customers. Hardest part was being understaffed at Christmas and not carrying customer requests. Great management. Amazing co workers, one of the best retail jobs and the best companies to work for.
Pros
good team
Cons
typical retail
Decent
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABMay 1, 2016
It was a decent job for 7 years. I moved for school. I had great coworkers that cared about the job and did great work.I wish them all well
Great first place to work.
Cashier/Stock (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCOctober 11, 2015
A typical day involves bringing out stock from the back doing returns and covering breaks. I learned that dealing with costumers is not as hard as you think. Management knew what they were doing as well as very understandable and cooperative with what was going on in my life.
Productive, supporting & fun place to work with
Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCOctober 17, 2015
Excellent allowance packages, provided by strategical training by senior management, helpful co - workers, Fun place to work with.
Pros
Good pay & benefits, good corporate culture
Cons
No weekends, Early morning shifts starts at 5am
Cashier at London Drugs
Cashier (Former Employee) –  VancouverAugust 5, 2015
a Typical day would consist of 8 hours at a register. I enjoyed working with customers and having the regulars come into our store and the positive feedback they would give about my bubbly personality. I don't have very much to say about working as a cashier because this isn't the field that I would like to continue in for a career. However i did learn a lot about customer service and how to deal with difficult customers. Working at London drugs we had a lot of sick people coming in to our store to pick up their prescriptions and i had sympathy for them if they were having an off day. i wouldn't take their rude or grumpiness to heart learned to smile and shrug off any unnecessary rude behavior.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
I got sick a lot from working at a pharmacy
Great space for learning
General customer service (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCNovember 24, 2015
Helping customer get the right products. Organize the shelves. Collecting the payments and packing the products. Communicating with each other effectively.
fun place to be
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 4, 2016
It is fun place to be I wish I could go back there And work for London drugs If they are willing to.It was nice time for being in London drug time for me .
A typical Day
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 23, 2015
In a typical day at work is spent helping customers find what they are looking for, answering the phone and directing them to the right person. I also take care of the majority of returns, helping my co-workers when and where I can. I do the scheduling and managing of the breaks. I also help out around the floor by writing off all the expired products in the store as well as help out management with changing the way certain products are displayed on the shelf.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Shift work, and the hourly wage is terrible