London Drugs

London Drugs Employee Reviews

fun place to be
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 4, 2016
It is fun place to be I wish I could go back there And work for London drugs If they are willing to.It was nice time for being in London drug time for me .
Great and welcoming work place for anyone trying to attain a long term job
Early Morning Stock Crew (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BCDecember 27, 2015
I love working here at London Drugs as a EMS ( Early Morning Stock Crew ) . I work with great members of the team. Despite work being at 4am we all get energized and get the job done. We replenish shelves on new products, dispose of old products that are damaged or may have been tampered with. I don't see many challenges to the job besides waking up early but the sleepiness goes away. We break down skids and sort products by their categories they go into. Speed is a major factor to finish the job otherwise the shelves do not get sorted out. The co-workers really help get the sleepy factor out of the way, encouraging each other to stick it through the early hours. A lot of skills transferred over from the 4 years working at McDonalds that make this job easy. Fast paced, organizing, team work and communicating with workers incase they need help, and using time efficiently.
Pros
Right in the morning
Cons
short hours
Great space for learning
General customer service (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCNovember 24, 2015
Helping customer get the right products. Organize the shelves. Collecting the payments and packing the products. Communicating with each other effectively.
na
customer service (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 29, 2015
a good place to work. benefits are good.
co-workers are very nice and willing to help you at any time. management is so helpful.
great team
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCOctober 25, 2015
great team both in cosmetic and through the whole store. great team and great customers. Hardest part was being understaffed at Christmas and not carrying customer requests. Great management. Amazing co workers, one of the best retail jobs and the best companies to work for.
Pros
good team
Cons
typical retail
Productive, supporting & fun place to work with
Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCOctober 17, 2015
Excellent allowance packages, provided by strategical training by senior management, helpful co - workers, Fun place to work with.
Pros
Good pay & benefits, good corporate culture
Cons
No weekends, Early morning shifts starts at 5am
Great first place to work.
Cashier/Stock (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCOctober 11, 2015
A typical day involves bringing out stock from the back doing returns and covering breaks. I learned that dealing with costumers is not as hard as you think. Management knew what they were doing as well as very understandable and cooperative with what was going on in my life.
Awesome
Computer Technician (Current Employee) –  London, ONSeptember 16, 2015
Great company to work for. Everyone at work is awesome and fun to be around. I highly recommend this job to everyone. London Drugs is a fully Canadian company and everyone should support them
The co workers are Fantastic to work with. Lots of teamwork.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 15, 2015
Management is too judgemental and they place blame on the Supervisors for things that go wrong, when they are the people who make the mistakes. They pass the buck so to speak. The pay was great when I worked there, but apparently not anymore. The company talks about open communication, but rarely ever really listen to their employees concerns.
Pros
Great pay, decent hours 4 years ago
Cons
poor management
Cashier at London Drugs
Cashier (Former Employee) –  VancouverAugust 5, 2015
a Typical day would consist of 8 hours at a register. I enjoyed working with customers and having the regulars come into our store and the positive feedback they would give about my bubbly personality. I don't have very much to say about working as a cashier because this isn't the field that I would like to continue in for a career. However i did learn a lot about customer service and how to deal with difficult customers. Working at London drugs we had a lot of sick people coming in to our store to pick up their prescriptions and i had sympathy for them if they were having an off day. i wouldn't take their rude or grumpiness to heart learned to smile and shrug off any unnecessary rude behavior.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
I got sick a lot from working at a pharmacy
Friendly and understanding work environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AlbertaJuly 27, 2015
They have a fantastic 2 day training program, which is good for people who have never been in retail, and you get paid for going. Coworkers were friendly and capable for the most part and Management was available quickly and very understanding and caring. The hardest part of the job is Christmas, since you get a lot of imoatient customers and on Christmas eve they may give you mandatory extra hours by 3 hours.Closed on Christmas. As well, they may call you in often if someone else loses a shift, but this isn't mandatory and they're understanding if you can't come.They only pay minimum wage (the mcdonalds across the street pays $14/hr).Every once in a while, like every 3 or 4 months, they have mandatory meetings for all staff at 6 am but they serve free breakfast. They have heaters in the cashier's counters, so even though the counters are often by the doors, you'll be kept warm, and you have complete control over how warm you want to be with an under-the-counter knob. Best part of the job is that they limit all cashiers shifts to 5 hours since they don't want people to stand too long. They give you two 15 minute breaks for a five hour shift and 2 15 minute breaks and a half hour lunch for an 8 hour shift.
Pros
Paid 2 day training, good for people who are just entering the workforce
Cons
only pay minimum wage
A typical Day
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 23, 2015
In a typical day at work is spent helping customers find what they are looking for, answering the phone and directing them to the right person. I also take care of the majority of returns, helping my co-workers when and where I can. I do the scheduling and managing of the breaks. I also help out around the floor by writing off all the expired products in the store as well as help out management with changing the way certain products are displayed on the shelf.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Shift work, and the hourly wage is terrible
Slightly depressive but not too bad
Casual (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BCMay 30, 2015
There is always work that needs to be done, from stocking merchandise to finding the rightful place of a product that has been left behind randomly in the store. After a few shifts, the tasks become repetitive and a little labour-intensive. Whereas on the bright side, the company teaches its employees how to provide the most polite and definite costumer service. The job is team oriented but most of the time everyone is busy working on their own task.
Amazing place to work
Sales Administrator (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMay 27, 2015
Every retail organization goes through their slow times, and this really sucks for London Drugs employees. It's hard when you have bills to pay and the money is just not coming in.

However, their ability to maintain a work life balance is superb. On top of this they accommodate school as much as they can and will almost always give you time off if asked for when coming to exams and important life lessons.

London Drugs gives the opportunity to an individual to improve based upon if they see that you have potential and work hard every day.

I wouldn't have worked at this company for six years, and come to work everyday with a smile on my face and motivation to work if this was the same old retail experience.

They are one of the best companies I have worked for and they maintain a home spot in my heart. I know this is where I belong, and I know that if I continue to grow with the company there are many different avenues I can take
Pros
Ability to improve. Allows for learning curve. Ability to continue school and work here.
Cons
Competitive salary but not good enough.
Great play to work but not the best wage
Retail Technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 6, 2015
I love working here but my god the pay is terrible. They expect you do all the stock and sell all the products in a 4 hour shift while getting paid a very LOW wage
Pros
Great people
Cons
$$$ is not enough
not a susatinable form of employment
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  richmond bcMay 4, 2015
don't work for this employer , they pay minimum wage and you are expected to provide the customers with an outstanding service which they deserve , but the employees also deserve to be paid better
Pros
family company
Cons
retail is a poor choice of emplyment
good place to work flexible hours
Stock Service/customer service (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKApril 29, 2015
stock shifts are 4-5 hours long and the work involved is not very thought provoking. The people that I worked with at my location were very friendly and helpful. It never felt awkward to ask for help.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
pay is not very high, not very many or substanstial raises
Very rewarding, enjoyable, learning experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 27, 2015
Every day was essentially the same, and I enjoyed the reliability. Coworkers were awesome, managerial staff was understanding yet firm, and the customers were fantastic. I had a great time here and would recommend London Drugs to anyone looking for an introductory level job with chances to move up.
Pros
Good hours, fun staff
Cons
Christmas rush
it is a nice temporary, part time job, job while going to school
customer service (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCApril 17, 2015
primarily job requires good customer service skill, whether on cash or other. The hardest part of the job, I guess, is dealing with difficult customers within a time frame allowed.
Pros
Nice atmosphere to work.
Cons
no seniority, wages are low
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABMarch 18, 2015
Great place to work just not where I want to be in my life right now.
Management is great and I have seen or heard very little gossip and only experienced bullying on the job on two occasions.