London Drugs Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Response Centre Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC17 January 2017
Fun place to work, nice staff all work like a family, mutual respect.I started this job only 3 months after coming to Canada and this place has given me a lot.
Large company that makes it hard for newer members due to old fashion policies.
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC30 November 2016
Normally i'm at the front desk, handling customer needs that our cashiers and stock team are unable to deal with. This includes checking stock, ordering products in, selling bus fair, lottery tickets, cigarettes and dealing with refunds.

Management is hit and miss, worked with great supervisors and managers but also dealt with selfish and lazy ones as well.

Hardest part of the job is dealing with customers, no one likes to be rejected and sometimes situations escalate quickly. Also being newer to the company i often got stuck with closing shifts which had a very heavy impact on my personal life. i would often close 3-4 times a week since most of the people working in my position been with the company for 10 years+.

Most enjoyable part of the job is staff, being in the front desk i tend to micro manage the cashiers and stock team to help certain needs (helping customers find products, carry out, checking stock). The ones i worked with always had a good attitudes and were team players. Especially during the night when the floor staff only have 2-3 members to close the store (excluding departments).
Pros
very secure once you get in, good benefits after first year, staff is generally friendly
Cons
seniority is priority which means you will be working late shifts, constant hour cuts makes it very stressful for the closing team to run the store with minimal staff, almost no staff parking
Great foundations
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 November 2016
I have a hate/love relationship with London Drugs. Probably one of the better retail stores that is Canadian. They have a great selection of products. They have a great pharmacy and reasonable customer service. They need to work on having a better electronics and photography presence. Employees make minimum wage and are sometimes treated well. Sometimes management can be jerks, but they are also sometimes very reasonable. They try to be fair being a smaller retailer and they are supportive to charities and local community!
Pros
Supportive coworkers.
Cons
Not much hours. Grumpy managers.
enjoyed working for London Drugs
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB12 November 2016
My first Job in Alberta
Learned customer service
First time using a cash register
Learned how to work with a team
co-workers were great
Hardworking Person
Recycling helper (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 November 2016
Iam a Friendly Person with Positive attitude.
Communicate well with others.
Work well in a team and independently
Conducting Inventory and ordered Stock
Pros
Good Hospitality and Positive attitude like Customers and Workmates.
Cons
Breakages
Excellent products at reasonable prices
Asst. Manager, Photo/Electronics (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 October 2016
London drugs is now a good company to work for as a second source of income, you have great customers and can build a good relationship with most co-workers.
Pros
good products, good prices
Cons
H.O. does not support staff
Professional
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 September 2016
Supportive fellow employees.
Working for London Drugs helped me grow as a person.
I can wear multiple hats, work as cashier, customer service, beauty advisor and stock person.
Work Experience
General Employee (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 September 2016
Getting a general idea what to look for in a work environment for people with ASD(Autism Spectrum Disorder high functioning, or Asperger's Syndrome high functioning or both.)
Do not work here
Audio Video Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 August 2016
Not enough hours, Terrible management and ridiculous rules.Management is very discriminating, and show a lot of favoritism. If you ever wanted to feel like you are in kindergarten all over again then London Drugs is the place to be. The biggest con of all is that you get no recognition for your achievements within the company unless you suck up to management.
Pros
Cons
Sucks the life out of you
Good Work Family
Back-up Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC11 August 2016
I really enjoy the welcoming attitude majority of the staff have. I advanced quickly through the ranks by proving my usefulness and resourcefulness. I really enjoy working here and have made many life-long friends
Friendly coworkers that respect each other
Cashier/Post Office/ Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 August 2016
- wonderful coworkers, very supportive of each other
- has reward system for those who work hard
- upbeat and understanding management
- if you are interested, they can offer training in different departments such as post office, pharmacy, photos, stocking, etc, within the store.
- training sessions are informative and covers the job well

- hard part is mostly part time hours only for regular staff
- Enjoyable part: for my own positions, it is not stressful, not too labor intensive, not exposed to harmful chemicals. I have lot of time to read my manuals to perfect my job responsibilities.
Pros
Company staff discounts, comfortable lunchroom with coffee and microwave
Cons
Mostly part time hours only for my type of positions
Very relaxed working environment with great customers and coworkers
Audio/Video Systems Specialist (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 July 2016
Overall it is a very nice place to work, the opening staff would often finish all of the tasks leaving almost nothing for the evening staff (which was usually me). This made the environment very relaxed but overall very boring. Not a whole lot of customers from February to October so it is mainly creating tasks.
Pros
Very good breaks, happy stress-free environment
Cons
Almost no hours, very slow business
If you work hard you will get no reward
Photo Lab Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Albert, AB7 July 2016
Management bends over backwards for people who have been here for forever but creates problems and who have horrible customer service. Also if you are not constant on working or talking about work with coworkers you are considered a slacker and not capable of your job.
Amazing company
Department Manager of General Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 July 2016
Amazing company to work for. Only left for personal reasons otherwise would have been there to this day. Enjoyed my five years none the less. Still recommend this company to this day.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Poor Schedule
Sometimes enjoyable workplace with enjoyable coworkers.
Cahier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 July 2016
Miserable managers, few fun coworkers. Everyone quits after a few months or so. Customers are usually nice. Salary does not match for the amount of work you do, you are underpaid.
Humble company
Electronics Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 June 2016
Fun environment with great staff. Their training program is absolutely phenomenal. They treat their employees very well and there is opportunity for advancement.
Pros
great stability
Cons
old staff members
Computer Specialist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 June 2016
LD is customer service oriented, it rewards good customer service skills and politeness, as well as competent co-workers.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Some times short staffed
Enjoyed my department environment
Beauty Advisor and Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 June 2016
I highly enjoyed the people I worked with in my department. Hard to get time off, even if were from out of the city. Some coworkers (mostly out of my department) could be rather rude. Large learning curve for the job, which was nice. Stressful (and often daily) part of the job was having to try and prevent theft by offering customer service to customers who were perceived as a threat of theft.
Lots of opportunities, low pay
Post Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC31 May 2016
Good place to work but only if you're available 24/7. Hard to find a second job due to the inconsistent hours. Can work up to 30+ hours one week and 12 the next. Makes it very difficult to sustain a budget and earn a living unless you've managed to stick around for several years. Great management though always eager to help, can't say enough good things about the managers and supervisors here. Tons of areas in the store to work in.
Great workplace with coworkers who feel like family
Beauty Advisor/Service Specialist/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC21 May 2016
Since I've started working with London Drugs, I've never felt out of place. My coworkers are wonderful, my days are full of things to do and the management is great. The thing that I love most is interacting with customers on a first hand basis. I love helping customers and providing them with exceptional customer service, going above and beyond making sure all their expectations have been met. The hardest thing about the job is probably commuting.