Interested applicants are asked to submit their resume in writing prior to Friday, August 8th 2014 at 9:00am to Human Resources, London Convention Centre, 300 York Street, London, ON, N6B 1P8 or by email.
Please quote the job title in the subject line.
Reports to the Event Services Supervisor/Lead and/or Assistant Manager, Event Services. The primary focus is service and care of our clients, resulting in a 212° atmosphere. Create “Raving Fans” through effective communication, efficient delivery of Event Order (EO) requirements and LCC systems.
MAIN DUTIES - NATURE & SCOPE
- Read over the EO (Event Order) and follow general instructions for set-up, room assignment, menu, bar service etc.
- Physical set-up/clean up of all food & beverage functions such as meals, coffee breaks and receptions (room and equipment)
- Attend roll calls (pre & post function meetings). Take notes on order of service, station assignments, set-up requirements and other important information
- Maintain effective communication with peers, guests and supervisors/leads
- Proper set-up of china, glassware, silverware on meal tables, buffets, coffee breaks and bars
- Back-of-house preparation for functions
- Clean-up of back-of-house after functions
- Maintain neat and tidy bars
- Assist with putting away various inventory items (linen, F&B)
- Set-up and service of food & beverage/concessions
MEAL FUNCTION / RECEPTION / COFFEE BREAK SERVICE
- Follow Supervisor/Lead’s instructions for proper order of service during a function
- Communicate with partner at all times during set-up and service of functions
- Contribute to a 212° Service Culture
- Ensure all food & beverage served meets LCC standard
- Answer questions from clients, guests and staff regarding the menu for food & beverage service
- Monitor guest needs and refer problems that arise to supervisor/Lead
- Follow set standards for service to LCC guests/clients
MAINTENANCE / HEALTH & SAFETY
- Know fire alarm procedures and what you are to do
- Understand the ‘LCC” policies for serving alcohol responsibly
- Able to lift and maneuver service trays/equipment
- Work safely and professionally at all times
- Function rooms, foyer and service areas: clean and maintained
TEAMWORK & COMMUNICATION
- Work in a team approach – assist in all required areas of Event Services
- Report equipment and/or building damages to supervisor immediately
- Maintain good communication with peers, supervisor/Lead and LCC guests/clients
- Communicate problem situations as required in the best interest of the client & the LCC
- Be on the floor at scheduled time with proper uniform (including corkscrew, nametag and pen)
- Let pride show in your work with guests and your peers
Perform additional related duties as assigned.
- Job requires irregular hours, evenings, late nights and weekends
- Cross training available for all areas in Event Services
- Minimum 1-2 years hospitality/food & beverage experience required
- General knowledge of all aspects of service style (French/Plated/Buffet)
- General knowledge of high standards for an up scale food and beverage establishment
- Customer service orientation; previous guest service experience an asset
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Smart Serve Ontario Certification
- Strong organizational skills a necessity
- This position requires the incumbent to be medically capable of performing the following functions (but not limited to): back, leg and body motions in order to lift, carry, move supplies/equipment
- Provide and maintain an acceptable availability (The LCC requires the following availability: Based on 14 potential shifts per week [2 per day - AM/PM] availability must be provided for 5 potential shifts. Acceptance of minimum 2 shifts [1 Sun-Thurs 1 Fri/Sat] per week required)
We thank all applicants for their expression of interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The London Convention Centre is a premier facility hosting conventions, corporate meetings and special events annually. The Centre enjoys a...