Reports to the Event Services Supervisor/Lead and/or Assistant Manager, Event Services. The primary focus is to contribute to a 212° environment through responsible handling of cash/credit transactions of beverage/coat check ticket sales for events held at the London Convention Centre.
- Job requires irregular hours, evenings and weekends
- Cross training as Event Services Server required
- Cross training available for other areas of Event Services after initial probationary period is completed.
- Smart Serve Ontario Certification
- Previous experience handling cash preferred
- Experienced cash register operator preferred
- Minimum 1-2 years hospitality/food & beverage experience required
- General knowledge of all aspects of service style (French/Plated/Buffet)
- General knowledge of high standards for an upscale food and beverage establishment
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills
- This position requires the incumbent to be medically capable of performing the following functions (but not limited to): back, leg and body motions in order to lift, carry, move supplies/equipment
- Strong organizational skills a necessity
- Provide and maintain an acceptable availability (The LCC requires the following availability: Based on 14 potential shifts per week [2 per day - AM/PM] availability must be provided for 5 potential shifts. Acceptance of minimum 2 shifts [1 Sun-Thurs 1 Fri/Sat] per week required)
For more information, please visit the London Convention Centre website.
Interested applicants are asked to submit their resume in writing prior to Friday, March 15th 2013 to Human Resources, London Convention Centre, 300 York Street, London, ON, N6B 1P8 or email.