Reports to: Director, Event Services
Supports the LCC vision and values by assisting in the on-site organization and execution of all events, including co-ordination with clients, ES associates, LCC departments and client contractors.
- Direct and manage the completion of the ES schedule for all ES hourly staff while maintaining guidelines for financial efficiencies.
- Implement monthly beverage cost analysis and maintain perpetual.
- Assist DOES with the efficient research, buying, selling and inventory of beverages.
- Identify and evaluates new or innovative services, equipment, products and suppliers to minimize cost and maximize services.
- Liaison with Corporate Services in matters pertaining to cash registers, cashiers and requisitions.
- Confirm accuracy of billing for all services provided to an event prior to submission.
Exceptional Client Experience
- Work proactively and cooperatively with all departments to continuously enhance the LCC experience.
- Conduct event setup inspections to ensure the ES team has adhered to all opening, closing and client checklists.
- Conduct inspections throughout the building to ensure all front and back of house equipment is properly stored and maintained.
- Participate in daily operations meetings, client services meetings and pre-con client meetings.
- Consult with various departments in regards to proper setup, equipment and F&B requirements.
- Ensure all setups and operations are in accordance with fire, health & safety policies and procedures.
- Direct and manage simultaneous events, including all aspects of coordination and flow related to function and building operation.
- Guide all roll call/post roll call meetings to encourage associate feedback.
- Recommend and encourage innovation in the promotion of food and beverage.
- Be proactive in obtaining and sharing industry knowledge on trends, new market/product opportunities, challenges, etc.
- Demonstrate team leadership skills by effectively identifying and communicating opportunities and challenges for the betterment of the LCC.
- Key priority is ensuring proper communication is maintained by ES associates with all departments.
- Foster and encourage empowerment of ES Supervisors and associates.
- Ensure service standards are met and followed uniformly by supervisors.
- Maintain and communicate a strong knowledge of LCC building systems and procedures.
- Identify and develop associates for future LCC leadership roles.
- Assist with the development and implementation of the ES Action Plan.
- Foster an environment of communication between ES supervisory staff and associates.
- Oversee activities of ES Supervisors and associates on the floor.
Development and Engagement of Associates
- Positive reinforcement of associate growth by conducting appropriate coach and counseling management.
- Assist DOES with developing and maintaining an efficient combination of skilled full and part-time staff to meet irregular staffing requirements.
- Identify and evaluate service oriented individuals during the recruiting process.
- Assist with maintaining the services of staffing agencies while seeking out new opportunities.
- Collaborate with existing agencies to implement service training initiatives to ensure LCC service standards are maintained by their associates.
- Direct and implement on-going service training programs to enhance the LCC experience.
- Oversee training of all ES associates in the Smart Serve Ontario program in accordance with LCC House Policy.
- Maintain staff daily payroll, attendance records and general information in associate files.
- Assist DOES in creating an engaging work environment to maximize associate potential.
- Seek new initiatives to improve CB service by conducting quarterly meetings.
- Assist DOES with annual performance reviews of supervisors and core associates.
- Oversee the process of EOs from incoming to completion of billing.
- Perform the role of Health & Safety committee management representative for ES.
- University or College Graduate preferable with a Hospitality Major..
- Background in hospitality event supervision required.
- Experience with preferably a knowledge of large event operations, Microsoft Office and sales/event planning database system (Ungerboeck) is preferred.
- Excellent communication, organization and interpersonal skills are necessary.
Applicants are asked to submit their resume prior to Thursday, May 29, 2013
Address: London Convention Centre, 300 York Street, London, ON, N6B 1P8
Please include the job title in subject line.
We truly appreciate your interest in working at the London Convention Centre.
Please note only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted
Indeed - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard -
The London Convention Centre is a premier facility hosting conventions, corporate meetings and special events annually. The Centre enjoys a...