Lockheed Martin
1,616 reviews

Lockheed Martin Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Senior Hardware Design Engineer (Former Employee), East Winsor NJJuly 1, 2014
Pros: products
Cons: restricted market
Great Products
Great Culture
Fun Work Environment
Diverse Culture
Empowerment
Serious workers only
Electrical Development Mechanic (Former Employee), Marietta, GAJuly 1, 2014
Pros: great pay, good health benefits
Cons: management not to keen
Pretty good place to work. Very good monetary and health benefits
Great Company
Logistics/Distribution/Customer Service (Current Employee), Marietta GaJune 30, 2014
I enjoyed working at Lockheed Martin. Downsizing was unfortunate by necessary for sustainability
Good company but limited opportunities.
Operations Engineer (Current Employee), Camden, ARJune 30, 2014
Good company but limited opportunities to grow as a professional.
Great learning opportunity.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Clinton, MSJune 29, 2014
A typical day at work is busy busy busy.
My coworkers are very helpful and I learn something new everyday!
There is really nothing hard about my job. I just have to pray, walk in, and perform to the best of my ability each day.
Good people to work with
Sr. Operations Management / Requirements Desk (Current Employee), PentagonJune 26, 2014
The people are nice and friend and they are willing to help if you ask them questions
Highly challenging job
Information Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Pyeongtaek, ROKJune 26, 2014
Maintaining 26-69 systems daily. Co-workers were the best you could find.
Summary
Information System Security Officer ISSO (Current Employee), Moorestown, NJJune 26, 2014
Pros: hands on ia, everyday. i work with some of the smartest people in the world, and i am able to deal with them and their needs efficiently and effectively.
Cons: i am not able to advance, because where i am is a sensitive position, and i do my job well, there is no one that will be glad to see me move on or up in my organization currently
On a typical day at work I work with a diverse number and type of people. It may range from as many as 30 to as few as two. I deal primarily with the security of the systems that I am responsible for and the people that use them. I check clearance information process access and verify need-to-know for the people that are being on boarded to my systems. – more... I work to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the classified information that is my responsibility.

What I have learned is that I must be all things to all people, an advisor to people who are unsure, a source of information to people looking for answers as well as the liaison between programs trying to accomplish their goals and the regulatory agencies that preside over the additions and accreditations of new systems as well as additions to currently approved systems. I have also learned that I am not in the "no" business. It is my responsibility to find away to help programs meet their objectives by finding and explaining innovative ways to work within the confines of the parameters that DSS and NISPOM give us.

I have learned to work with management and align disparate business groups to coalesce and be synergistic for the good of the whole. I routinely deal with middle upper and executive levels to assist them in the achievement of their stated goals.

I work closely with the members of our team in order to lower costs and find more efficient ways to deliver our services to our clients. I am a hands on person as well as a get it done type of person. I don't believe in asking anyone to do something that I wouldn't do myself.

The hardest part of my job currently is that I am frequently tasked to work above my level (often doing senior management tasks) yet I am not able to advance in my field. I endeavor to remain positive and do as I am asked in the hopes that one day I will be able to be compensated for the level of work that I do as well as respected for the way in which I do it.

The most enjoyable part of being an ISSO is that I am always confronted with new scenarios and challenges that stretch my mind, hone my skills and allow me to interact with new people almost everyday. I enjoy the newness that working on a large and complex IS presents. – less
Eye Watering Technology
Sr. Manager, Environmental Safety & Health (Current Employee), Greenville, SCJune 26, 2014
The defense industry is a tough place to be during an Obama administration, but this is the gold standard company in the sector. There is nowhere else you can see and be a part of cutting edge eye watering technology only seen in movies.
Great culture and great people work for Lockheed Martin
Disaster Recovery Analyst (Former Employee), Rockville, MDJune 25, 2014
Lockheed Martin is a wonderful environment for explorations with the latest in technology. The culture at Lockheed was the best collaborative-team effort I ever had the privilege to contribute. There were a number of challenges faced, but the best part of my position was feeling a sense of accomplishment when being able to provide a solution.
Production Planner
Material Control Specialist I (Former Employee), Lexington,KyJune 25, 2014
Good Company but always room for improvement. could be better managed. great group for people work there, and they always work with your personal life schedule to obtain a good balance
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Lanham, MDJune 24, 2014
The work was interesting, but this was not the right fit for me.
Great company to work for
Quality Assurance Rep (Current Employee), Patuxent River, MDJune 24, 2014
outstanding management and work enviroment. career advancement opportunity.
Working with the Space Program = Dream Job
Software Engineer/Group Administrator (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 24, 2014
Pros: working with flight controllers
Cons: fdoc contract cancellation = massive layoffs
- Developed and maintained client/server structure to distribute real-time data across the network to custom displays and applications.
- Installed, configured, and provided configuration management for numerous custom applications. Diagnosed run-time issues and provided workarounds as needed.
- Developed, maintained, and enhanced user configuration – more... and menu functionality for International Space Station flight controllers.
- Directly interfaced with customers to diagnose problems, gather configuration requirements, and implement solutions to the real-time flight control systems.
- Worked with software developers and system engineers to facilitate software and user configuration integration during several operating system and hardware upgrades.
- Maintained strict schedules to meet flight dates in a self-directed environment.
- Prepared status reporting, top problems tracking, and metrics in support of ISO requirements. – less
Great Place - advance slow
Industrial Engineer (Former Employee), Grand PrairieJune 24, 2014
Pros: culture
Cons: management, advancement
Lockheed is a great place to work, but people don't advance in their careers fast enough there
N/A
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Marine Corps Base Quantico, VAJune 24, 2014
I have learned a lot in the last five years working for this company. It has been a great jump start for my career.
Great company to work for
Lead Technical Planner/Business Analyst (Former Employee), Fairborn, OHJune 23, 2014
Enjoyed the opportunities for growth. The position was great with a lot of support from upper management.
Productive, working with the Win7 team
Hardware Technician (MRT) (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 23, 2014
Pros: working in dc
Cons: bad management
I learn working at this job that the management staff need training. The staff was very rude, I did not enjoy working at this company.
Great Client to work for!
Senior HANA Developer/Architect (Current Employee), Owego, NYJune 22, 2014
Lockheed Martin has been one of the most rewarding clients I have worked for. The people are great to work with and are very flexible.
Productive workplace
Software Engineer (Current Employee), Sunnyvale, CAJune 20, 2014
I worked w/ engineers helping to solve problems building databases and software tools to make their job more efficient.

About Lockheed Martin

Headquartered in Bethesda, Md., Lockheed Martin is a global security and aerospace company that employs approximately 115,000 – Read more