Lockheed Martin

Lockheed Martin Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Defense contracting
Staff Integration and Test Engineer (Former Employee), Goodyear AzJuly 29, 2014
Interesting experience working with the military. I worked closely with internal and external customers to provide software updates to the Air Force.
Overall great place to work
Information Assurance Engineer, Sr Stf (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAJuly 28, 2014
It's just basic logic; you can make money contracting for the government, but you will not become #1 if you don't take care of your people. Lockheed was named the #1 Info Tech contractor to the US Government for 20 years running. It's not rocket science... but there ARE quite a few rocket scientists that work there.
Great work life balance. Must move for advancement.
Operations Engineer Sr (Current Employee), Greenville, SCJuly 27, 2014
Smaller locations do not have advancement. If you are young try for the leadership development program.
Good Company with Benefits
Sr.Accounting Assistent (Former Employee), Grand Prairie, TXJuly 26, 2014
I worked all areas of accounting, and helped others in the department daily.
I enjoyed working there, and made lots of friends.
Good place to work with very knowlegable poeple.
Armed Security Officer (Current Employee), Grand Pairie TXJuly 26, 2014
The work itself is not hard. You must be careful not to become complacent. Management is very tough but fair. The job is not hard but you must keep up with pace of all that goes on.
Great Place to work
Supply Clerk (Former Employee), Fort Stewart, GAJuly 26, 2014
Pros: insurance, mission work
Cons: short lunch hours
With this company I started my courier in the Supply field. I also had the opportunity to work in other fields like the CBRN team. I've had a lot of support from coworkers and Supervisors. It was great working on Ft. Stewart.
Dream Job
Sr. Cost Analyst (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAJuly 25, 2014
Lockheed Martin is a well-balanced place to work. They stress team work, ethical behaviour and respect for each and every employee. I grew up here and feel blessed I had 30 years there.
Computer Technician Support Analyst (Former Employee), Fort Walton Beach, FLJuly 25, 2014
Providing technical, operations and training support to users of computer equipment either remotely or on-site for 450 users. Update and manage daily workflow of customer problems with Trackit electronic ticket database program.

• Providing technical, operations and training support to users of computer equipment either remotely or on-site for 450 – more... users.
• Install, troubleshoot and maintain support of Windows NT, Windows 95 and Windows XP computers including Microsoft Office 2003.
• Update and manage daily workflow of customer problems with Trackit electronic ticket database program.
• Performed Active Directory user password resets.
• Installs and test computers, printers, network switches, other peripherals, and software.
• Configured printer queues for domain network use.
• Performs hardware diagnostics and coordinates repairs.
• Maintain, upgrade and generate Ghost images utilized by the site.
• Performed customer software updates and other remote functions using Dameware software product.
• Performing Cisco switch configuration of unclassified and classified networks. – less
Flexibility
Business Planner (Former Employee), MarylandJuly 24, 2014
Pros: non-micromanagement
Cons: no job advancement even after they paid for masters degree
Not the greatest company to work for but certainly is not the worst. The company helped paid for my Masters Degree but there was no job advancement; just more workload.

One thing I enjoyed was the non-micromanagement. Management fully trusted and supported my decisions in carrying out my daily responsibilities without constantly checking in.
They have great leadership.
Industrial Security Specialist (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PAJuly 24, 2014
Pros: employees worked well together. flexable work hours.
LM is an excellent company. I had 23 great years with the company before I retired in June 2013.
Productive and fun work place
Safety Engineer (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 23, 2014
a great company to work for with various potential for personal improvement within various contracts.
Everything Averages Out
Embedded Software Engineer Sr (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXJuly 23, 2014
Pros: plenty of work
Cons: rating system unfair and placating
Interesting work, good benefits, average to lower compensation and retirement.
Lockheed Martin
Foreign Medical Program Coordinator (Former Employee), Arlington, VAJuly 23, 2014
I liked working for Lockheed Martin. The only issue is that they are a contractor and your job is going to come to an end at some point unless you work at their headquarters. They were great with paying for a large portion of my masters degree program. I had a great Program Manager.
Good environment overall
Field Sales Support Systems Engineer Staff (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXJuly 21, 2014
Pros: 9/80 schedule, off friday every other week
Good work/life balance, ok money until you reach a certain level, you need to chase work/projects. Overall good company to work for.
you had to be in the click
System Administrator (Former Employee), louisville KYJuly 21, 2014
Pros: up and down as with all jobs
Cons: drinking could not and will not
working on user problems and call in co-worker did not like me because they would drink on duty and I did not
Experienced Subcontract Administrator
Senior Administrator Staff (Current Employee), Herndon, VAJuly 21, 2014
 Serve as deputy manager by attending high level manager meetings, program and proposal status meetings, and reviewing and approving subcontract files prior to issuing awards;
 Support a number of programs in Information Systems & Global Solutions - Defense & Intelligence Solutions that include Cost Plus, FFP, IDIQ and IRAD type prime contracts;
 – more... Support a number of proposals and programs in Information Systems & Global Solutions – Global Solutions that were in support of different international customers as well as a wide range of foreign companies;
 Successfully passed three (3) internal CPSRs audits of subcontract files under my direct supervision;
 Negotiate FFP, Cost Plus, and Times and Materials type subcontract agreements with small and large businesses in order to facilitate effective terms and conditions;
 Provide support to proposal efforts for new work and continued work through reviewing statements of works, preparing full solicitations, reviewing subcontractors’ offers, and performing comprehensive cost and price analyses;
 Manage subcontracts by monitoring their financial health, notify program management of funding and period of performance requirements, and ensuring modifications are issued in a timely manner;
 Enter and maintain contractual agreements as well as records in an electronic procurement system, P2P, as well as manage suppliers’ weekly invoicing via electronically. – less
There is no fun at work
Corperate Security / Enterprise Operation (Former Employee), Bethesda, MDJuly 20, 2014
Pros: bonus and raise is salary annually
Cons: two 15 minutes and one 30 minutes break
A typical day at
Lockheed Martin will be front lobby secretary, check visitors and vendor in the easy lobby system, confirm and make the a picture badge and send them to the right location, watch surveillance video.
Train new staff members, control all vehicle access, patrol and check all important and sensitive location
At JB Johnson Nursing Center – more... with the HR department, set new employees for interview, update employees files, conduct in-service training, print out documents and flyers. prepare conference room for executive meeting, update staffing schedule and make sure all annual staffing evaluation are done. Work with Admission department for censure update. Ensure quality performance and HIPPA compliance.
At my internship training at Washington Adventist Hospital, I learn the following
Leadership skill and operation management Financial Planning and budget management Problem solving skills and technic Case studies and analysis Clinical operation and medical Terminology Project Management Planning and Implementation – less
productive and fun
Manufacturing Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXJuly 20, 2014
fun place to work with good pension and benefits. Very relaxing environment and easy jobs to follow.
All the work was a Classified nature.
Genesis Sr. Electrical Engineer (Former Employee), Springfield, VAJuly 19, 2014
Pros: witness the events of 9-11 at the pentagon.
Cons: a temporay position
Safety and compliance investigation for Building 2580 at the Humphreys Engineering Center, and power system upgrades for Nolan Building 2444 at Fort Belvoir, Virginia. Developed a harmonic mitigation plan for Building 2444 and the commissioning of the equipment at the new NGIC facility at Charlottesville, VA. Provides engineering evaluation and consultation – more... to the INSCOM G4 and G6 personnel as tasked. Provided engineering evaluation and review of the design and implementation of UPS/generator upgrades. Solved problems related to power distribution, grounding, and bonding in compliance with National Electrical Code (NEC). Provided design review analysis of power distribution systems for new sites and site upgrades including the use of generators, UPS units, and transformers to control line loss, cost, reliability, and efficiency. Performed power quality analyses with respect to harmonic distortion, power factor, impulses, and other disturbances. Worked with emergency power system interfaces including uninterruptible power systems (UPS), back up generators, and multiple network feeds. Provides supervision and advice to seven Journeymen Electricians located at CONUS and OCONUS sites by telephone and electronic mail. Reviews and provides electrical engineering advice and support to OCONUS sites including clarification of NEC and foreign electrical standards. Investigate and identify potential problems and electrical upgrade needs for SIGINT and NDI (COTS) systems. Renovated, organized and expanded the Telephone Net - Marlin Magix Computerized Telephone Systems (CTSs). The system was upgraded from 80 stations to 200 stations with Direct Inward Dial (DID) capability. All new lines were installed, replacing the mesh of old mismatched lines, for the Genesis facilities, new SCIF project area and the existing Troubleshooter, VIPER, and Trojan areas. CLEARANCE: (TS/SCI was in adjudication) – less
worked in the port of Miami best view
TRUSTED AGENT (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 19, 2014
Pros: got to meet alot of trusted agents from other branch
Cons: good pay, enjoyable eniverment
excellent boss and manger
learned so much about bio tech
and finger scanning machine
meet so may different people from
around the world .the hardest thing was telling the costumes that there card were not in yet they were not very pleased but we always made sure we always keep them posted. at the end they were very pleased with are attitude .

About Lockheed Martin

Breakthrough performance. Game-changing innovations. Unwavering sense of purpose. Our employees are the core of our business – Read more