1,676 reviews

Lockheed Martin Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent Company
Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee), New Orleans, LouisianaAugust 8, 2014
They treat employees great and low stress environment. Enjoyed working for this company, learned a lot about engineering drawings and requirements for work standards.
Good company
Aviation Electronics Technician (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 8, 2014
Pros: great work environment
Cons: 401k better at other companies
Lockheed is a good company to work for over all. Management can be a little unresponsive at times but all issues are eventually addressed. The work environment is pleasant and the people are great.
Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee), Washington DCAugust 7, 2014
Large company, which is easy to get lost in the mix if supporting a customer away from HQ.
Very interesting work and always something new every day.
Regulatory Compliance Analyst (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXAugust 6, 2014
Working for the largest defense manufacturer was very interesting and challenging at the same time. Especially enjoyed working all the different people from engineering to legal staff.
Good experience
Threat Image Projection Property Custodian (Current Employee), Arlington, VAAugust 5, 2014
Good team work with great people. Good management with proper guidelines and expectations
Supply
Site Lead/Senior Logistician (Former Employee), PARAugust 5, 2014
Help units in the military move their equipment back to the states.
Lockheed Martin Aeronautics
Admin. Assistant, Spec. to Vice President (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXAugust 4, 2014
Pros: semi-flexible hours and great work team
Cons: corporate politics
LM Aero is a fast paced Aeronautics company. They offer fair growth promotions, salary compensation and an excellent benefits package.

I learned a lot about the Aeronautics Industry and how it meshes with U.S. Military/Government.

It was interesting to work with diverse co-workers of all backgrounds and race.

My job was very fast paced and demanded – more... multi-tasking, which made it interesting.

The most enjoyable part of my job was helping people, which was satisfying. – less
DROVE FORKLIFT LOAD AND UNLOAD TRUCKS
MHE Operator and Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), New Boston, TXAugust 4, 2014
Pros: overtime lots of overtime
Cons: was a temp job
LOAD UNLOAD TRUCKS, PUT MATERIAL AWAY FOR MATERIAL HANDLERS, PULLED ORDERS WHEN NEEDED. LEARNED HOW TO LOAD AND UNLOAD TRUCKS SAFELY AND HOW TO PULL ORDERS FOR FEDERAL, STATE, AND MILITARY AGENCIES. MANAGEMENT WAS GREAT. NOTHING WAS THAT HARD. LOADING AND UNLOADING TRUCKS.
drafter
drafter (Former Employee), aurora coloradoAugust 4, 2014
Pros: good health care
Cons: bad hours
everything about this job was great. and good coworkers fun to work there
This Local Management Team Was Terrible
Systems Integration/Test Engineer (Former Employee), Sierra Vista, AZAugust 3, 2014
Lockheed Martin is great as a corporation. I found an impressive library of process for nearly every aspect of my job - but the local management team was about as dysfunctional as they could get. Fortunately, most of those problems have been weeded out. Your mileage may vary.
Managerial Style is ok.
Senior Computer Tech Support Analyst (Former Employee), Fort Belvoir, VAAugust 3, 2014
My immediate supervisors and manager were top notch. The best in the business I would say after being in the field for so long. They knew how to run a tight ship and what was required. Above them the managers know how to run people and businesses into the ground. Setting unrealistic expectations of people and technology and worse, SELLING those expectations – more... to the government.

Accountability past our department was non-existent. We were required to adhere to an SOA but nobody else server/network support had those kinds of guidelines. So we got it from all directions, customers, and upper management. If there was a mistake, management like the lay the blame at everyone's feet instead of pointing out who was at fault. If I know I'm not doing what they're blaming me for, I don't appreciate having to get chewed out for it.

Best group of co-workers in the field. I couldn't ask for more knowledgeable and accountable techs.

I learned that this company isn't the world class organization everyone thinks it is. A few world class people doing the brunt of the work and everyone else taking credit for it. – less
Typical fortune 500 company atmosphere
PROGRAM MASTER PLANNER (Current Employee), Orlando, FlAugust 3, 2014
LM is a good company to work for in terms of work/life balance, salary, and advancement. However, those familiar with the frustrations that can occur in large companies will know the type of issues that can occur at LM.
It would be much different at a proper Lockheed site. We were a customer site.
Operations Supervisor-AFRL DSRC (Current Employee), Wpafb, OHAugust 3, 2014
The company is a great one to work for. They were unable to get the contract renewed so all of our positions are in jeopardy. Hopefully we will get picked up my the new company.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), king of prussia, paAugust 3, 2014
Daily Outlook use
Scheduling travel and expense reporting
4 Stars
Sr. Systems Engineer, Sr (Former Employee), customers siteJuly 31, 2014
Pros: freedom
Cons: security
• Delivering Single handedly in the role of LAN Administration, Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO), Hardware Maintenance, Network Engineering, Logistics, Software Support, Operator Training, Exchange Mail Administration and reporting and coordination.
• Developed system engineering plans, initial capabilities documents, requirements specifications, – more... interface control documents, concepts of operation, standard operating procedures, and configuration management plans in the development of DoD systems. – less
They treat you as second rate employees
TECHNICAL INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee), Petaluma, CAJuly 31, 2014
Cons: they treat you as second rate employees
In 2011, Lockheed low balled the training contract for the U.S. Coast Guard. In doing that, they reduced the salaries of the previous contractor's employees by 30 %, and Lockheed's benefits package poor as well. I'm sure that permanent Lockheed employees get bettter pay and benefits, but since we're Contractors, treat you as second rate employees.
Military Pay Analyst, (DFAS) (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 30, 2014
Company had a good culture.The hours were good and management was flexible.
Great Company, but hard to promote
Systems Administrator, Help Desk, Contractor (Former Employee), Fort Meade, MDJuly 29, 2014
Pros: benefits, technology forward
Cons: pay
I worked a night shift. My supervisor was great! Some co-workers were tough to deal with, but you'll find that anywhere. The company provided lots of beneficial training and a good benefits package.
Defense contracting
Staff Integration and Test Engineer (Former Employee), Goodyear AzJuly 29, 2014
Interesting experience working with the military. I worked closely with internal and external customers to provide software updates to the Air Force.
Overall great place to work
Information Assurance Engineer, Sr Stf (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAJuly 28, 2014
It's just basic logic; you can make money contracting for the government, but you will not become #1 if you don't take care of your people. Lockheed was named the #1 Info Tech contractor to the US Government for 20 years running. It's not rocket science... but there ARE quite a few rocket scientists that work there.

About Lockheed Martin

Breakthrough performance. Game-changing innovations. Unwavering sense of purpose. Our employees are the core of our business – Read more