Lockheed Martin

Lockheed Martin Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Lockheed Martin System Admin
System Administrator (Former Employee), Schriever AFB, COJuly 16, 2014
I worked at Schriever AFB, CO. I worked primarily on the GPS satellite constellation. It was a great place to work. The people I worked with were fantastic. The job I had was a feast or famine type position. At times I had nothing to do, then there were times where I was buried to my eyeballs in work. Overall, great place to work.
Long work days
Sr. All-source C-IED Analyst (Current Employee), Reston, VAJuly 15, 2014
Good company to work for when it comes to management. The work as long days, but the management tried to make up for it.
Great Company
Logistics Management Analyst Associate[SERT Team] (Current Employee), AfghanistanJuly 14, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: vacation time
A great company to grow with. Many different opportunities to challenge yourself in whatever field you succeed in.
Too many management layers and inefficient operations
Project Management & Logistics Analyst Senior (Former Employee), Marietta, GAJuly 13, 2014
Pros: on site cafe, gym, and 9/80 work weeks
Cons: too many managers and not enough management. gov't policy dictates your fate often.
Inefficiency seems almost like it is intended. Must play politics and never say anything negative about your manager even if they are not managing you. Culture is very similar to a military ranking system. You may be better, smarter, or more informed but best keep it to yourself if you are outranked by other in your peer group or management as they – more... will make sure you know your place and gladly pass on your work as their own. – less
Good company
Sr. Field Technician/Recap (Former Employee), Gatherisburg MdJuly 12, 2014
Pros: great
Cons: great
Great health plan, great company to work for, good ... best company I've ever worked for
Great job
Fleet Vehicle Administrator (Current Employee), AfghanistanJuly 10, 2014
Positive environment. Co-workers are always willing to help and assit. The opportunity to progress is abundant.
As an intern it was awesome.
Intern (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 10, 2014
In the machine shop I had massive flexibility in job role and I was able to incorporate a multitude of my talents to meet common goals for the company.
Small fish, BIG pond
PROJECT MANAGER / FINANCIAL ANALYST (Current Employee), Denver, ColoradoJuly 10, 2014
Pros: ability to develop relationships with clients
Cons: poor communication from corporate, merit system changes every year and it is complicated
I worked as a contractor for the Government with employment through LM and the corporate LM does not understand the concept of working in the field as a billable FTE.
EXPANSIVE COMPANY
VOSS, Field Service Engineer (Current Employee), OrlandoJuly 10, 2014
Good company. Have to be flexible to switch programs. Sways of US gov or foreign ones may determine careers. Lots of opportunity to learn.
Security Officer
Security Officer (Former Employee), Grand Prairie, TXJuly 10, 2014
A typical day at Lockheed martin was a very tedious, time consuming day. I had to remain alert and ready to respond to alarms for sensitive classified areas. I ensured that all closed areas were secure because they contained various equipment and weapon systems for the N.A.T.O alliance and equipment and weapon systems that were to be sold to the United – more... States Military. At the end of the day I had to write reports on all daily occurrences. – less
Facilities Installation / Ofc Mgmt Specialist (Former Employee), Rockville, MDJuly 9, 2014
Pros: working on a campus of four buildings
Cons: n/a
The day was never typical as I was the Office Manger working with engineers, security guards, maintenance, vendors, management, and anyone who came in contact with the campus. As with all of my positions, the working environment was diversified and I enjoyed working with Lockheed. My manager was a decent person; but the position was 24 x 7 and I was – more... called many times during the night; and there were times I would have to stay during the entire weekend should equipment fail. My co-workers were mostly men and I developed a respect for them as they did toward me.

The hardest part of my job was working overnight during equipment failure; but I did enjoy the work and I learned a lot., – less
A stressful environment with low qualified management system
Research and Development (Former Employee), Grand Prairie, TXJuly 8, 2014
Pros: good working areas that are very clean with (a/c) .latest machinery
Cons: no retirement, pay is based on 1968 wage structure. political correctness rules over all common sense.
Good place to work for the younger employees.
There is a heavy competition for power in "sub groups" of management that make it hard to have a "fluid" production output. But overall, L.M. is a nice place to grow with.
Large corporation - good pay and benefits
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Endicott, NYJuly 7, 2014
Pros: being able to work virtually
Cons: large company meant little recognition
Various reporting and financial analysis on daily basis.
Learned to meet multiple deadlines. Kept current on technology.
Good management team.
Great co-workers
Stress was the hardest part of the job.
Constant challenges and productivity were the most enjoyable.
It was a good while it lasted
Composite Fabricator Developer (Former Employee), Palmdale, CAJuly 6, 2014
I enjoyed working with people who have the same goals as myself in relation to the work that I did.The enviroment I was in allowed me to express my ideas on how to improve processes and procedures.

It's a great feeling to be a part of a team that knows how to not only be successful at what they do but to laugh and have fun doing it.
Journeyman electrician (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 6, 2014
They need to learn how to hire people that are qualified instead of there friends that are only half qualified. For projects that are in such remote places.
Excellent opportunity
Logistics Management Analyst (Former Employee), iraqJuly 3, 2014
This company offered great benefits for employees. They also ensured that all personnel was trained properly for the job.
N/A
Material Handler Specialist (Former Employee), McLean, VAJuly 3, 2014
Lockheed is by far the best company i've worked for. great pay and benefits.my co workers where perfect , the management took care of any issues I had overall great company to be apart of.
Busy work environment mission focused
Project Manager (Former Employee), Colorado SpringsJuly 2, 2014
Pros: free gym, flexable schedules
Cons: no onsite activities to do to break up the day.
Maintain and update project schedules
Attend meetings
Meet with customers
Some co-workers are real friends
Go to job site(s)
Meeting unrealistic expectation
Starting my day off at 6:00 am in the free fitness center
Interesting Work
Senior Hardware Design Engineer (Former Employee), East Winsor NJJuly 1, 2014
Pros: products
Cons: restricted market
Great Products
Great Culture
Fun Work Environment
Diverse Culture
Empowerment
Interesting Work
Serious workers only
Electrical Development Mechanic (Former Employee), Marietta, GAJuly 1, 2014
Pros: great pay, good health benefits
Cons: management not to keen
Pretty good place to work. Very good monetary and health benefits

About Lockheed Martin

Breakthrough performance. Game-changing innovations. Unwavering sense of purpose. Our employees are the core of our business – Read more