Lockheed Martin
1,420 reviews

Lockheed Martin Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very fast paced work location.
Senior Radar System Engineer (Former Employee), mt. Laurel, New JerseyMarch 25, 2014
Focused on testing the Aegis radar system for the US Navy, Japan, Korea, Norway, and Spain. The job was very fast paced and required overtime and weekends to complete.
Do not be fooled by there marketing! Not a good Company!
Sr. Sytems Engineer (Former Employee), Rockville, MDMarch 24, 2014
Pros: flex-time, people, projects
Cons: difficult to make large jumps in income. ot required without pay
I had nine years at company and there was a lot of pressure to perform error free. This is a company that has a "Golden Children" within each project sector, these individuals get all the credit and those outside of the club are not rewarded for their efforts or given a lot of respect.

Management has all the talking points covered and those who speak – more... honestly about project performance are very quickly removed from the playing field.

Given there lack luster performance on a number of big federal contracts, LMCO is back in the down sizing mode.

I would not recommend this company to any of my peers! – less
Selling innovations and technology that hasn't been created yet
Engineer (Current Employee), Suffolk, VAMarch 24, 2014
Not the greatest places to work if commitment to values or the client are a high priority. Senior management pushes values that the middle and lower managment doesn't enact or believe in. Employee's are punished for championing the client's needs and doing work the right way since it will impact the profit margin.

Working on a large contract is great – more... if you're comfortable being just another worker bee. Small contracts act like they are a separate company and must maintain strict financials even to the point they lose employees since they don't want to pay for anything.

R&D projects are great but not when they are proposed to the client as already created products. The amount of last minute engineering or creative work that is generated from poor planning is immense. – less
Professional people, working with soldiers.
Senior Logistics Analyst, FORSCOM LNO (Former Employee), Fort Lewis WA. 98433March 24, 2014
Job satisfaction working with soldiers. Preparing equipment for deployment.
Large Multi Billion Company
Accountant III (Current Employee), Lakeland, FLMarch 23, 2014
Reconciliations and various duties and responsibilities daily
Work Life Balance
Senior Ground System Engineer III (Current Employee), Colorado SpringsMarch 22, 2014
Great flexibility to take care of the family and health issues. Very understanding leadership!
Productive, fast paced environment.
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 22, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, telecommute on friday's.
Cons: very long commute.
In my years at LM I have learned the business and technical aspects of Business Intelligence. The most enjoyable part of my job is collaborating with other team members to produce efficient technology solutions.
this company has excellent labor pratices and up to date on technology state of the art
Production control coord.shippingstock analyst (Former Employee), Ocala, FLMarch 21, 2014
Pros: benefits
this company has it all, the benefits were excellent we were treated with dignity and respect. I had to move that is why I quit this job I had 26 years with them.
Great Opportunity for Hard Working Employee
Asset Control Group Lead (Former Employee), Owego, NYMarch 21, 2014
Cons: healthcare, 401k
Once you prove your worth there is no extent to your advancement. Recommend colege, but not a definite requirement based on work history.
Good place
Systems Safety Engineer (Current Employee), Moorestown, NJMarch 20, 2014
Pros: flex time, good pay, decent benefits
Good place to work. The defense industry can be a rough place to work because of all the government cut backs.
LM good company
Material Control Support Technician (Former Employee), Trapani, ItalyMarch 19, 2014
Pros: great assignment
Cons: contract not long enough
Had a cood tiem there. Was treated well. Only problem was the contract ended too soon for me. Otherwise enjoyed Italy.
IT Services
Program Manager (Current Employee), Washington DCMarch 18, 2014
Pros: changing tasks
Cons: lack of funding support to procure needed tools and personnel
The program consisted of cross function team working together to address the customer constantly changing priorities and fast pace environment. Which required management teams on-call to address and direct teams to support critical events throughout the year. The most satisfying part is the seeing the team work together and overcome obstacle to meet – more... the mission requirements. – less
LM was a fare and fast paced company to walk into every morning.
Delivery Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 17, 2014
Pros: great free coffee and occasional free lunches for a job well done.
Cons: meetings could be hectic when you run from one to another, but it was all part of the job.
They always encouraged you to reach beyond your potential and shared many ways for you to do that. In being within the aerospace industry for 28 years I met and worked with hundreds of people that not only were co-workers they became dear friends. Going to work was easy and developing a great work ethic was like a second skin to me. My work was enjoyable – more... and I strive to take that into my next career. It was fun making work a fun and exciting place to go every day. – less
Diverse work environment with encouraging coworkers.
Database Engineer (Current Employee), King of Prussia, PAMarch 17, 2014
I have had many beneficial experiences working at Lockheed learning new technical skills and interacting with people across diverse disciplines.
HSE roles and responsibilities in a flexible workplace.
Occupational HSE Analyst (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 17, 2014
Duties include ensuring workplaces are OSHA compliant and the required permits and waste handling procedures are implemented. A typical day involves following up with corrective actions for non-compliant findings and providing subject matter expertise for HSE policies, plans, and objectives. To achieve compliance, interpretation and application of federal, – more... state, and local environmental regulations are done on a day to day basis. The most enjoyable part of this job is the independent and open work environment. Individuals are responsible for completing their own work to achieve quarterly goals and given full flexibility to schedule site visits and audits. The position does require extensive travel which can be challenging at times. – less
Good Company, compensation lean on travel, your experience depends on your manager.
SYSTEMS ENGINEER SR (Former Employee), Chantilly, VAMarch 17, 2014
Pros: pay every week, lots of opportunity, room to move within the company
Cons: the company seems to be about the bottom line and less concerned about the employee
I worked with a great team, we had a flexible schedule with core hours between 0700 to 1700. The team was very good, and knowledge was shared across the team. Management for a given team was variable. Like any company you could have an outstanding manager or a very poor manager.

There is very little overtime offered, instead there is a system in place – more... for sick or personal days. Any hours worked extra during a week will be put in a bank that can be used for sick or personal leave without affecting the vacation leave. – less
Unfavorable for those not born and raised thru Lockheed
PROJECT MANAGER (Current Employee), Lexington, KYMarch 16, 2014
Individuals who were "born and raised" by Lockheed Martin have a very positive outlook on their ability to continue to grow and excel within the ranks. Individuals who were part of an organization acquired by Lockheed have a more bleak and uncertain path. Their knowledge and skills are often overlooked and underestimated.
Overall good company to work for
Subcontract Administrator (Current Employee), Herndon, VAMarch 16, 2014
Positive work experience, good benefits, great people. Working at Lockheed gave me the opportunity to grow and learn as well as obtain a security clearance.
Great Place to work
Production Controller Pull (Former Employee), Marietta, GAMarch 15, 2014
Pros: very good lunch breaks
Cons: goverment layoffs
Love the P-3 , C-130 cribs to work in everybody work as a team.
Excellent work place.
Sys-Admin Intern (Former Employee), Denver, COMarch 15, 2014
Excellent work place. We performed NOC duties to the best of our abilities and enjoyed the time there.

About Lockheed Martin

Breakthrough performance. Game-changing innovations. Unwavering sense of purpose. Our employees are the core of our business – Read more