Lockheed Martin
1,657 reviews

Lockheed Martin Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Benefits and Great Manager
Technician, Space Systems Company - Valley Forge (Current Employee), Valley Forge, PAAugust 19, 2014
Pulled into Test due to old position being terminated to to loss of contract. Manager and benefits were great; work is now slow and staff is in reduction.
Good company, not a great workplace
Electrical Engineer (Current Employee), SunnyvaleAugust 18, 2014
Pros: good company, good job, benefits
Cons: lack of social community, paper oriented company
Limited parallel opportunities, non technical work, not a very design oriented engineering company, and not a lot of young folk there (so its hard to have any social life that stems from here). But, its a good company, solid job, looks good on your resume coming out of school.
FAST PACED
Project Office Support (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 18, 2014
Pros: the project manager was very knowledgeable regarding her job and welcomed developing you.
Cons: there was a lot of travel and it required you to be away from home for at least a week.
A typical day consisted of providing project office support to the Project Manager. In these duties, you were required to brief documents, take minutes from the meeting, facilitated project meetings and travel monthly.
Great Place, Great Bosses
Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Santa Maria, CAAugust 18, 2014
Pros: good benefits, good pay
Cons: advancement too slow, work is not challenging
Great pay and some fun people to work with. Found the work to be unchallenging and I thought career advancement is too slow. For example, one will not promote from level 1 to level 2 faster than 2 years. It's an automatic promotion and nothing can speed it up or slow it down.
Very productive
Manager Information Assurance Engineer (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TexasAugust 18, 2014
Pros: travel
Cons: salary
As an Information Assurance Manager, I created the Information Assurance and Network Services department from inception with a 1.7 million dollar budget including annual maintenance agreements, training, hardware and software licensing and resource oversight.

As the International Information Technology Manager, I was responsibility with working directly – more... with the U.S. Government with establishing a new site in Iraq from an IT site activation standpoint. From inception we worked as a team to develop and implement a plan of action for a successfully site activation which consist of telecommunications, desktop infrastructure, security infrastructure, and logistics system integration. – less
Worked on a goverment facility with security clearance.
Heavy Equipment Mechanic (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 18, 2014
Pros: excellent pay and benefits.
Cons: worked in some very adverse conditions at times and under goverment watching you at all times.
Repair equipment used to maintain roads and sites of the test range. We had to work in the shop and on the range where the equipment was used. Great compensation for the job and also great benefits. Too bad there was a contract bid that came up and Lockheed didn't win the contract.
Great learning evironment
Security Engineer (Current Employee), Bethesda, MDAugust 16, 2014
Pros: great learinig environment
Cons: fast pasted
Nice place to work if you don't mind being a contractor. Fast paced environment.
Rewarding place to work.
Operations Engineer (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXAugust 16, 2014
Pros: 9/80 schedule, great benefits, flex time
Cons: old buildings, technology is behind the times
I most enjoy the rewarding feeling of working with a diverse group of people of all education levels and experience. Every day is something different and my position is challenging and ever changing. I like change - I enjoy learning new things so I strive to learn what I can and then move to another area and learn what I can there. It helps make a person – more... understand everyone else's point of view and helps make decisions that are best for the whole and not just one group.

Mundane tasks sitting at a desk all day is not for me and this place offers all types of positions that one can choose from and/or promote into.

The hardest part of my job is trying to support a work culture that sometimes refuses to evolve. Most employees take great pride in their work, however there are those few that have no pride in anything they do and are just there to get a paycheck. – less
Culture- Traditional
Space Management & Design Lead (Current Employee), Bethesda, MDAugust 15, 2014
Management is top heavy; hard to move up
Work life balance and benefits are great
Old fashioned culture/ reserved environment.
Contract job
Record/Media Management Supervisor (Former Employee), Rockville, MDAugust 14, 2014
This was a great place to work. I've kept in contact with quite a few people from here.
A company with a proud heritage.
Property Administrator (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAAugust 14, 2014
Pros: company conducts annual surveys to gauge the needs of employees. whenever possible, those employee suggestions are implemented.
Cons: it's sometimes difficult to navigate through the maze of necessary computer security measures.
A compassionate company that seeks regular feedback from employees. Each of my managers and directors were personally aware and atune to their employees concerns.

During my long Lockheed Martin career professionalism was always a top priority. Hard work and dedication was recognized and appreciated.

I took special pride in being part of the culture – more... of Lockheed Martin for over two decades. Lockheed Martin is a great place to work! – less
Great company to work for with great benefits
Paralegal - Environment, Safety and Health (Current Employee), Bethesda, MDAugust 14, 2014
-Every day is different and presents new challenges
-Great group of people to work with
Field Engineer
Field Engineer (Current Employee), Cape Canaveral, FLAugust 13, 2014
Lockheed Marin is good company to work for. Working in the middle east was very hard at time because of the work site. And it was very hard being away from your family. The company did their best to take care of their people. Thanks
Need more Time Off.
F-35 Flightline Manager (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TxAugust 13, 2014
Want to find something else to do, where I can continue to make a Difference.
Job Work / Life Balance
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Vienna, VAAugust 13, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: never was made a permanent employee
Great place to work, although due to budgetary issues, etc., they were never able to bring me on as a permanent employee. Otherwise, I enjoyed my job.
Great place to work.
Military Retiree/Annuitant Representative (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHAugust 13, 2014
I was assigned a temporary postion at this company for six months. I worked with great people and enjoyed the little time I was there.
Sheet Metal
Sheet Metal Mechanic, Level II (Current Employee), Greenville, SCAugust 12, 2014
Pros: best benefits in the business
Cons: not much room for advancement
Work is based on government contracts. A typical day is spent fulfilling these contracts by delegating task as a team. We develop great pride knowing our work will help the servicemen of America. Work can be challenging and exciting, while also having moments of relaxation.
Co-workers are diversified of all sorts of backgrounds and help to contribute – more... to others.
The hardest part is that you may sometimes have to get down and dirty with regards that old aircraft have fuels and dirt build up. – less
Excellent pay for a rewarding job
Electronics Technician II (Current Employee), Lexington, KYAugust 12, 2014
Installing electronic systems on the most advanced Blackhawk model ever built.
Very good company to work for
MRP Controller (Former Employee), Littleton, COAugust 10, 2014
Pros: work life balance, benefits, team environment, culture, projects
Cons: low wage increases during annual review
Opportunities to move into new positions/roles within the company are typically encouraged. Management is what you would expect from a large company, but overall is acceptable.
Great company to work for.
Electrical & Installation, Sr. Harness Fabricator (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAAugust 8, 2014
Very rewarding, worked with wonderful people. Most enjoyable part about the job is meeting astronauts.

About Lockheed Martin

Breakthrough performance. Game-changing innovations. Unwavering sense of purpose. Our employees are the core of our business – Read more