Lockheed Martin

Lockheed Martin Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Overall Good
Military Operations Analyst (Former Employee), Washington DCJanuary 14, 2015
Manages and identifies internal and external all-source Military resources, including both analytical and collection requirements from across the Military community. Interfaces with Department of Homeland Security (DHS) components and military agencies to lead, direct, design, and develop instructionally sound Information Security training materials for the DHS Command Security Officer’s (CSO) course sponsored by the United States Coast Guard (USCG). Conducts research, and develops training curricula for the CSO course which is hosted on a quarterly basis. Works with Security Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) from all security disciplines to ensure that emerging and instructionally sound curricula is developed for traditional classroom instruction, and distance learning. Coordinate with operation centers and operational leads on security related missions. Primary assistance is applied to the areas of Antiterrorism/Force Protection programs with concentration in the field of Information Security (INFOSEC).
Good company
Subcontract Manager (Current Employee), Marietta, GAJanuary 13, 2015
The company has a strong backbone and work/life balance is great.
No Comment
Systems Engineer, Sr (Former Employee), Center, MSJanuary 13, 2015
I believe the management should have been more stable and the present one did not invest in their employees. Most moves were political and personal.
Highly integrated products
Director, F35 Design Integrity (Current Employee), Fort Worth,TXJanuary 13, 2015
A variety of global security products with locations in 49/50 states.

Outstanding group of people to work with.
Lockheed Martin
Senior Staff UNIX Systems Administrator (Former Employee), Rockville, MDJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: lots of opportunity resources
Cons: pay was a little under the market rate
Pretty good company to work for with a lot of opportunities. Plenty of resources to help the employee
Excellent workplace encouraging growth and development.
Proj. Mgement / Planning Operations Rep. (Former Employee), Aberdeen Proving Ground, MDJanuary 12, 2015
Over three decades of successful performance in progressively challenging positions spanning the entire Program Management field.
ok
U-2 Program Logistics Management Analyst Manager (Former Employee), palmdale, caJanuary 12, 2015
not too much career advancement. also performance evaluation system needs better way of doing business.
Fast paced Physically Demanding
Mechanical Technician (Former Employee), FortBragg, NcJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: 5 day work week
Cons: na
Productive work load
Good management
Good helpful Co-workers
Most enjoyable part of the job was working around military personnal and working with military vehicals
Great place to work but poorly managed
Electronic Technician Specialist (Current Employee), Newtown, PAJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: free gym use, great atmosphere
Cons: health insurance could be better, management is not so good
Lockheed Martin is a great place to work. The cutting edge technology that we work with on a daily bases makes this a fun place to be. Typically I am responsible for testing of production flight hardware. This involves working with various departments including Engineers to ensure that the work is moving smoothly. My coworkers here are like a 2nd family. Working with the people in my department and getting the chance to work on what I have worked for are definitely my favorite part of the job.

The major downside to working here is management. It seems as if they are completely out of touch with what we do here. We have even had a Vice President of the company come over for a meeting and he asked what it is that our site actually does. As a Vice President of our division he should know what each of his sites do. Local management also seems lost as to how to run things.
much room for potential growth
Material Expeditor (Former Employee), Manassas, VAJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: fun
I worked the inventory room in this manufacture plant for Lockheed martin. there were many different items I had to pull for the builders. due to the confidentiality of the job I cant really say to much about what I did or learned.
work was rewarding and confusing at the same time.
Computer System Programmer/Guru (Former Employee), Kennedy Space Center, FLJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: used my advance skills and insight to solve problems
Cons: no roadmap, i had to create one
I was tasked to find a way to get the data off of a 36 bit mainframe computer and put on a 32 bit personal computer (PC) So I looked at all the Fortran programming languages on the mainfriame and on the PC and created a pop/push translation program in Fortran 66 so function calls that were the same for Fortran 77 and documented everything. It worked and soon it was common knowledge for me to be the Guru everyone went to so one day an Indian girl cam to my desk and asked be about my Fortran code and how I checked the last bit so I explaned it and followed her to a room filled with people from India and my program was printed and attached to the entire wall of the room as they were using it as the standard for all data retrieval and removal. My manager at the time said I am needed for IM work as I am creating the tools for others to use. So this code I created to retrieve data from antiquated computer systems to present day computer systems and produce the same functionality was saving costs and helping to retire the antiquated computer systems. So I was moved to IM.
Exciting Job
Field Engineer Level (Former Employee), AfghanistanJanuary 8, 2015
I was a contractor in Afghanistan during my time employed with Lockheed Martin. The coworkers were friendly and a close knit group.
Productive and focus based place to work at
Operator (Former Employee), Lufkin, TXJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: hour every day of breaks, 4 day work week, great benefits, great people, excellent management
Cons: extreme level of detail needed to be able to work, some tasks are monotonous, long shifts
A typical day, I walk in around 7:00, sign in, and proceed to find a work order that I can complete. I take the work order and box (if a box is needed) to my desk and begin to work. After I finish, I simply start the process again. There are 2 15 minute breaks and one lunch break. After working Monday through Thursday, you get Friday off and enjoy a three day weekend. On some days there are hour long meetings in which you discuss various ways that you could improve performance or safety hazards, and you get to work with very skilled and professional people. The hardest part of the job is the extreme detail to which you must pay attention to the boards. Every little thing matters, including the ones you don't think matter. The enjoyable part is that the people are nice, the environment is great, the pay is good, and the jobs change so your not bored at all. A great place to work.
Great Company
Environmental Safety & Health Technician (Current Employee), Newtown, PAJanuary 7, 2015
Great company to work for. I have been with this company for 22 years. Looking for new opportunities.
Great company to intern under
Systems Engineering Intern (Former Employee), MarylandJanuary 6, 2015
I tested updates in software for the FAA's air traffic control centers.
Challenging and exciting workplace
COUNTER-TERRORISM INTELLIGENCE ANALYST (Former Employee), Tampa, flJanuary 6, 2015
Learned to deal with a variety of tasks and grew my professional knowledge tremendously.
Decent place to work
Aircraft Structural Mechanic (Former Employee), Lexington, KYJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: transferring departments was easy
Cons: it was hard to work under some of the supervision and the morale was low
Some of the management was wonderful and did right by their job. Others were in need of counseling or to be let go because they did not supervise well.
Lots of growth opportunities
Project Manager (Former Employee), Richland, WAJanuary 6, 2015
Great people with alot of experience to share. Lots of opportunity for growth if you work hard.
Amazing company
Human Resource Specialist (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: benefits, cool technology and work
Cons: not the top paying firm
Anyone should consider LM for long term career. Smart and talented people who also treat one another with dignity and respect.
Lockheed Martin Summary
College Work Experience Intern (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 4, 2015
This is a stable company that will be around for a long time due to their involvement with the United States government. Their CWEP with UCF is great for many students who are unsure on what they want to do with their life.

About Lockheed Martin

Breakthrough performance. Game-changing innovations. Unwavering sense of purpose. Our employees are the core of our business – Read more