Lockheed Martin
1,580 reviews

Lockheed Martin Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
There is no fun at work
Corperate Security / Enterprise Operation (Former Employee), Bethesda, MDJuly 20, 2014
Pros: bonus and raise is salary annually
Cons: two 15 minutes and one 30 minutes break
A typical day at
Lockheed Martin will be front lobby secretary, check visitors and vendor in the easy lobby system, confirm and make the a picture badge and send them to the right location, watch surveillance video.
Train new staff members, control all vehicle access, patrol and check all important and sensitive location
At JB Johnson Nursing Center – more... with the HR department, set new employees for interview, update employees files, conduct in-service training, print out documents and flyers. prepare conference room for executive meeting, update staffing schedule and make sure all annual staffing evaluation are done. Work with Admission department for censure update. Ensure quality performance and HIPPA compliance.
At my internship training at Washington Adventist Hospital, I learn the following
Leadership skill and operation management Financial Planning and budget management Problem solving skills and technic Case studies and analysis Clinical operation and medical Terminology Project Management Planning and Implementation – less
productive and fun
Manufacturing Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXJuly 20, 2014
fun place to work with good pension and benefits. Very relaxing environment and easy jobs to follow.
All the work was a Classified nature.
Genesis Sr. Electrical Engineer (Former Employee), Springfield, VAJuly 19, 2014
Pros: witness the events of 9-11 at the pentagon.
Cons: a temporay position
Safety and compliance investigation for Building 2580 at the Humphreys Engineering Center, and power system upgrades for Nolan Building 2444 at Fort Belvoir, Virginia. Developed a harmonic mitigation plan for Building 2444 and the commissioning of the equipment at the new NGIC facility at Charlottesville, VA. Provides engineering evaluation and consultation – more... to the INSCOM G4 and G6 personnel as tasked. Provided engineering evaluation and review of the design and implementation of UPS/generator upgrades. Solved problems related to power distribution, grounding, and bonding in compliance with National Electrical Code (NEC). Provided design review analysis of power distribution systems for new sites and site upgrades including the use of generators, UPS units, and transformers to control line loss, cost, reliability, and efficiency. Performed power quality analyses with respect to harmonic distortion, power factor, impulses, and other disturbances. Worked with emergency power system interfaces including uninterruptible power systems (UPS), back up generators, and multiple network feeds. Provides supervision and advice to seven Journeymen Electricians located at CONUS and OCONUS sites by telephone and electronic mail. Reviews and provides electrical engineering advice and support to OCONUS sites including clarification of NEC and foreign electrical standards. Investigate and identify potential problems and electrical upgrade needs for SIGINT and NDI (COTS) systems. Renovated, organized and expanded the Telephone Net - Marlin Magix Computerized Telephone Systems (CTSs). The system was upgraded from 80 stations to 200 stations with Direct Inward Dial (DID) capability. All new lines were installed, replacing the mesh of old mismatched lines, for the Genesis facilities, new SCIF project area and the existing Troubleshooter, VIPER, and Trojan areas. CLEARANCE: (TS/SCI was in adjudication) – less
worked in the port of Miami best view
TRUSTED AGENT (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 19, 2014
Pros: got to meet alot of trusted agents from other branch
Cons: good pay, enjoyable eniverment
excellent boss and manger
learned so much about bio tech
and finger scanning machine
meet so may different people from
around the world .the hardest thing was telling the costumes that there card were not in yet they were not very pleased but we always made sure we always keep them posted. at the end they were very pleased with are attitude .
Excellent learning environment for those who apply themselves. Really learned how to manage costs, profits and cash flows by working with customers.
Contract Manager (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJuly 17, 2014
Continually expanded my experience by being assigned to more and more challenging roles and responsibilities.
Productive, friendly environment, flexible schedule
General Clerk/Payroll Administrator (Former Employee), Renton, WAJuly 17, 2014
Great place to work, great benefits, flexible schedule, friendly staff.
Productive and fun place to work, good environment and great co workers.
Material Handler (Former Employee), Layton, UTJuly 16, 2014
Pros: free lunches, hours i work, every other friday off, good environment, and great co workers.
Cons: short lunch break, slow pace work, small work loads, and management.
Mornings would be slow, building kits all day long with just a 30 minute lunch break. Working 9 hours with every other Friday off was a highlight of the week. Slow pace most times, getting along with my co works all the time made up for having good days.

I learned how to locate bins, scan, get familiar with the computers and the copying machines. Put – more... away the material in the correct bins, fix and relabel the kits.

Management was hard for me because my supervisors would hardly check on their employees, they didn't really check our work, or come to the floor to make sure everyone was doing okay. They didn't seem quite interested in their employees.

I get along with all my co workers, they were definitely helpful the entire time I worked with Lockheed. Very fun and we always got would help each other out. All and all I loved the peopled I worked with in this company.

Actually there is nothing hard about this job, it was very easy to learn and understand what I would be doing.

The most enjoyable part of the job honestly, were my co workers. I enjoyed going to work and having a good day while working with them. Even learning the job and doing what I was doing was enjoyable. – less
Great Place To Work
Test Technician (Former Employee), Archbald, PAJuly 16, 2014
Pros: excellent competitive pay
Cons: sometimes stressfull when working mutiple programs and meeting deadlines.
I have learned a great deal during my employment at Lockheed Martin. As a Test Technician my responsibilities were to test and troubleshoot electronic assemblies. These assemblies are essential to the safety of our Military aboard Aircraft Carriers and Submarines, so quality is high priority. My typical day included testing and troubleshooting Laser – more... Guided Systems for The Air Force, where accuracy is imperative. Management was great in providing opportunities to learn and better your education. My co-workers were a great, highly skilled group of people to work with. Friendly, knowledgeable, people who knew their jobs and did them well. – less
Lockheed Martin System Admin
System Administrator (Former Employee), Schriever AFB, COJuly 16, 2014
I worked at Schriever AFB, CO. I worked primarily on the GPS satellite constellation. It was a great place to work. The people I worked with were fantastic. The job I had was a feast or famine type position. At times I had nothing to do, then there were times where I was buried to my eyeballs in work. Overall, great place to work.
Long work days
Sr. All-source C-IED Analyst (Current Employee), Reston, VAJuly 15, 2014
Good company to work for when it comes to management. The work as long days, but the management tried to make up for it.
Great Company
Logistics Management Analyst Associate[SERT Team] (Current Employee), AfghanistanJuly 14, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: vacation time
A great company to grow with. Many different opportunities to challenge yourself in whatever field you succeed in.
Too many management layers and inefficient operations
Project Management & Logistics Analyst Senior (Former Employee), Marietta, GAJuly 13, 2014
Pros: on site cafe, gym, and 9/80 work weeks
Cons: too many managers and not enough management. gov't policy dictates your fate often.
Inefficiency seems almost like it is intended. Must play politics and never say anything negative about your manager even if they are not managing you. Culture is very similar to a military ranking system. You may be better, smarter, or more informed but best keep it to yourself if you are outranked by other in your peer group or management as they – more... will make sure you know your place and gladly pass on your work as their own. – less
Good company
Sr. Field Technician/Recap (Former Employee), Gatherisburg MdJuly 12, 2014
Pros: great
Cons: great
Great health plan, great company to work for, good ... best company I've ever worked for
Great job
Fleet Vehicle Administrator (Current Employee), AfghanistanJuly 10, 2014
Positive environment. Co-workers are always willing to help and assit. The opportunity to progress is abundant.
As an intern it was awesome.
Intern (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 10, 2014
In the machine shop I had massive flexibility in job role and I was able to incorporate a multitude of my talents to meet common goals for the company.
Small fish, BIG pond
PROJECT MANAGER / FINANCIAL ANALYST (Current Employee), Denver, ColoradoJuly 10, 2014
Pros: ability to develop relationships with clients
Cons: poor communication from corporate, merit system changes every year and it is complicated
I worked as a contractor for the Government with employment through LM and the corporate LM does not understand the concept of working in the field as a billable FTE.
EXPANSIVE COMPANY
VOSS, Field Service Engineer (Current Employee), OrlandoJuly 10, 2014
Good company. Have to be flexible to switch programs. Sways of US gov or foreign ones may determine careers. Lots of opportunity to learn.
Security Officer
Security Officer (Former Employee), Grand Prairie, TXJuly 10, 2014
A typical day at Lockheed martin was a very tedious, time consuming day. I had to remain alert and ready to respond to alarms for sensitive classified areas. I ensured that all closed areas were secure because they contained various equipment and weapon systems for the N.A.T.O alliance and equipment and weapon systems that were to be sold to the United – more... States Military. At the end of the day I had to write reports on all daily occurrences. – less
Facilities Installation / Ofc Mgmt Specialist (Former Employee), Rockville, MDJuly 9, 2014
Pros: working on a campus of four buildings
Cons: n/a
The day was never typical as I was the Office Manger working with engineers, security guards, maintenance, vendors, management, and anyone who came in contact with the campus. As with all of my positions, the working environment was diversified and I enjoyed working with Lockheed. My manager was a decent person; but the position was 24 x 7 and I was – more... called many times during the night; and there were times I would have to stay during the entire weekend should equipment fail. My co-workers were mostly men and I developed a respect for them as they did toward me.

The hardest part of my job was working overnight during equipment failure; but I did enjoy the work and I learned a lot., – less
A stressful environment with low qualified management system
Research and Development (Former Employee), Grand Prairie, TXJuly 8, 2014
Pros: good working areas that are very clean with (a/c) .latest machinery
Cons: no retirement, pay is based on 1968 wage structure. political correctness rules over all common sense.
Good place to work for the younger employees.
There is a heavy competition for power in "sub groups" of management that make it hard to have a "fluid" production output. But overall, L.M. is a nice place to grow with.

About Lockheed Martin

Breakthrough performance. Game-changing innovations. Unwavering sense of purpose. Our employees are the core of our business – Read more