I enjoy working on flight hardware.
Pros: working on flifgt hardware
UNITED SPACE ALLIANCE (Lockheed Martin/Boeing), Kennedy Space Center, FL 1984 –2013
Lead Aerospace Technician
• Directed, oversaw and trained a team of up to 12 technicians. Assigned tasks ensuring work performance met established quality and safety procedures.
• Participated in scheduling meetings involving nearly 50 people from engineering, planning, flow management, safety and quality control to align resources with schedule requirements.
• Trained new hires in all aspects of job requirements which ensured quality production and safe work environment.
• Maintained Space Shuttle systems to include mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, pyrotechnical, hypergolic and cryogenic assemblies, complex components and sub-components, including ground support equipment. This ensured mission readiness and safe flight.
• Collaborated with USA and NASA Engineering to improve the performance, quality, and reliability of mechanical systems and components.