Lockheed Martin

Lockheed Martin Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
LM
Software Engineer (Former Employee), dartmouth, nova scotiaJuly 24, 2014
Pros: you can slack off and not get fired
Cons: low salary, lazy employees, no room for advancement
Extremely poor salary compared to other local defines companies.
A company I could easily return to and enjoy working.
Quality Assurance Representative/Lead Auditor (Former Employee), Ottawa. OntarioMay 27, 2012
Pros: 9/80 work schedule (every 2nd. friday off), excellent cafeteria - freshly cooked.
Cons: difficult to remember cons
I had the distinct pleasure to work as a QA Rep. from 1999 to 2004. The staff and Management were a joy to work with, very professional and helpful.
Lots of work/life balance activities, Christmas Party, Golf, special days (gifts on Mothers/Fathers Day, Canada Day etc.)
given an opportunity, I would return in a heart-beat.
Challenging Workplace
Littoral Combat Ship (LCS) Subcontract Manager (Current Employee), Moorestown, NJSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: highly visible defense contractor, travel
Cons: healthcare, stressful environment
High paced environment which constant changes and multiple government customers. Pay is ok, but to advance is hard.

Little award structure.
Excellent Company to work for.
Technician Telecommunications Specialist (Current Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCSeptember 23, 2014
Lockheed Martin is a good company to work for. The work environment is friendly. There are opportunities to learn new and exciting skills and equipment. Co-workers are experienced and proficient in their duties. The hardest part of the job is having to leave the company. The most enjoyable part of the job is waking up in the morning to go to work.
Fun group of people to work for. My supervisors were all prior Marines which made understanding the job so much easier.
Embarkation Specialist, (Former Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: introduced me to the contracting world for civilians
Cons: contract work is on a temperary basis.
Working along Marines was a great benefit. The sense of feeling part of a team and the fact that the Marines relied on your experience made you valuable to them.
Great foot in the door with Cyber
Cyber Intel Analyst (Current Employee), Fort Belvoir, VASeptember 22, 2014
LM allowed me to join the CNDSP team. Enjoying the job and learning a lot. Very grateful to Lockheed for allowing me to laterally move to the Cyber team.
An empowering and rewarding company
Programme Controller (Current Employee), Martin, ENGSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: friendly, good training, ethical, always backup
Cons: long hours, little money, too many stretch assignment
a typical day would have 50% meetings and 50% for productive work, all structured around a regular monthly business rhythm.

The biggest thing I have learned is Earned Value Management which the company use extensively and properly.

The management are professional, approachable, helpfull, demanding, and eager to do a good job.

My co-workers are the – more... same..... friendly, professional and helpful.

The hardest part of the job is trying to fire fight problems and then put things in place to prevent them happening again in the future.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the sense of achievement at the end of the month when you know you have successfully delivered a full months reporting, analysis, risk and opportunitys are managed/mitigated, schedule is up to date and fully linked to SoW and BOEs, management are happy, it's Friday and time to get a well earned drink with colleagues at the local pub. – less
Ok
Orion Staff Engineer (Former Employee), Littleton, COSeptember 21, 2014
Ok Company. Not much room for advancement and set raises. Good life/work balance due to lack of motivation to work overtime.
Excellent Company
Project Engineer Staff (Former Employee), Arlington, VASeptember 20, 2014
Pros: comraderie with leadership during get-togethers
Cons: excellent benefits
Proactive with training requirements, professional and personal.
Management recognizes exceptional performance with Spot awards, bonus and merit increases.
Special treatment of some employees is sometimes viewed as favoritism; employees who do not get a lot of face time are overlooked
Co-workers not always receptive to change; however, coaching and – more... leadership usually bring positive results.
Sometimes it was difficult to be acknowledged as a female team lead working with all men; however, there was always respect shown.
The most enjoyable part of the job was to complete an audit under the allotted time, every time! – less
good
MQ-1/MQ-9 Field Engineer (Current Employee), Clovis, NMSeptember 20, 2014
Good work environment and friendly co-workers, safe work place and good place to grow in this industry.
Great work environment!
General Flight Mechanic (Current Employee), Palmdale, CASeptember 19, 2014
Pros: benefits, management, co-worker, good 401k
Cons: lay-offs
A typical day consist of depot level maintenance by dissemble/assemble, repair major/minor discrepancies of the entire aircraft in accordance with customers demands. The company has exceptionally good training program on how to perform duties in specific classification as well as on the job training from well experience workers. Management for the company – more... is good work well to keep focus on the production and take care of employees needs. As a aircraft mechanic their is many challenging situation that happen on a daily bases like troubleshooting a system error of the aircraft a few hours before a scheduled flight. The most enjoyable part of the job is solving those problem and figuring out how to accomplish those hard to do task in the proscribed time. – less
Supervisor always made me feel like a valued employee, not just a secretary.
Administrative Support Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: good benefits, great co-workers, travel.
Cons: none other than working conditions: concrete, trailers, barbed wire. nothing pleasing to the eye.
Administrator involved in payroll, travel, budget, new contract proposals, record keeping, inprocessing/outprocessing employees, property book officer, and security officer. Attended meetings at other sites, sometimes representing my supervisor. Liaison between our office and the customer (government). Excellent co-workers. Traveled to military installations – more... to support activities involving our program. Supported human resource personnel on contracts outside our contract. – less
Productive work place
Custodian (Current Employee), Lorton, VASeptember 18, 2014
This job has taught me a lot about life, people, cultures and situations. Its a pleasure being able to say I'm employed by such a great company.
Good work, and excellent benefits at Lockheed Martin
systems analyst (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: environment conducive to good work efforts
Cons: employee training was encouraged, but took place outside the workplace.
The work at Lockheed was well planned, and well organized, with a friendly though serious work environment.

While working for Lockheed, I learned that a productive work environment can accommodate a wide variety of people with varied skills, and personalities. The managerial staff can provide a social environment that encourages diverse persons to – more... work together as a productive team, recognizing each others differences and likenesses. The monthly birthday parties, and annual Christmas party allowed for good socialization, and helped to maintain the friendly atmosphere of the work place, and increased productivity.

As a whole, Lockheed provided a good experience, recognizing the contributions of the various teams, and individuals employed there. – less
Great Company
Database Manager (Current Employee), Alexandria, VASeptember 16, 2014
Benefits are good, very flexible and made it easier to do work life balance.
Lockheed Martin was a good place to work.
Operations Manager (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXSeptember 16, 2014
Outstanding Achievement Award. TF-39 Engine Project Team, Employee of the Month, Numerous Awards and Recognition for implementing processes saving multi-millions of dollars for Lockheed Martin.
Lockheed has its pros and cons too
Mission Planner Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Mount Laurel, NJSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: organizational culture
A typical day at works depends on what you do. There are a lot of different roles at the company. The corporate culture here is quite cut-throat, so be mindful of how you portray yourself to others. The co-workers create cliques and can range from life-long friends to mortal enemies.
I've learned a great deal about systems engineering and integration – more... and test practices. Management is a toss up, but usually try to air on the side of caution. – less
Great Company
Enterprise Sr. System Administrator (Current Employee), Kansas CitySeptember 15, 2014
Great company to work for. I was able to put my skills and talent to good use.
Great Learning experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Gaithersburg, MDSeptember 15, 2014
The department that I worked for gave me an opportunity to learn new concepts and be able to apply then within a short period of time, but due to the nature of the programs the job was not long term, and therefore, all employees starting knew that they were hired on a contractual basis.
Great company, world class products and services.
Senior Business Developer (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDSeptember 14, 2014
Great company, diverse product lines and high-end in every aspect. Excellent compensation and benefits as well as work envirnoment.

1 2 3 4 5

About Lockheed Martin

Breakthrough performance. Game-changing innovations. Unwavering sense of purpose. Our employees are the core of our business – Read more