Lockheed Martin
1,762 reviews

Lockheed Martin Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Lockheed provides integrated military systems to DND
STAFF ENGINEER, Systems Test Engineering (Former Employee), May, ONOctober 25, 2014
I was test engineer who ensured the customer received a quality system.
LM
Software Engineer (Former Employee), dartmouth, nova scotiaJuly 24, 2014
Pros: you can slack off and not get fired
Cons: low salary, lazy employees, no room for advancement
Extremely poor salary compared to other local defines companies.
A company I could easily return to and enjoy working.
Quality Assurance Representative/Lead Auditor (Former Employee), Ottawa. OntarioMay 27, 2012
Pros: 9/80 work schedule (every 2nd. friday off), excellent cafeteria - freshly cooked.
Cons: difficult to remember cons
I had the distinct pleasure to work as a QA Rep. from 1999 to 2004. The staff and Management were a joy to work with, very professional and helpful.
Lots of work/life balance activities, Christmas Party, Golf, special days (gifts on Mothers/Fathers Day, Canada Day etc.)
given an opportunity, I would return in a heart-beat.
Data Center
Computer Tape/Disk Library Specialist (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDNovember 18, 2014
Pros: government contractor
Cons: downsizing the data center
Monitoring,tracking and loggoing media for CMS community.
Interesting, challanging, team oriented.
Mechanical Technician (Former Employee), Weatherford, TXNovember 17, 2014
Pros: interesting, learning experience.
Cons: no advancement. high risk work invironment.
Interesting, learning experience, with a team attitude. Worked with various professional engineers. Enjoyed the hands on learning experience of test lab equipment.
The best part of my job was working on the Space Shutttle program from start to finish.
Sr. Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 15, 2014
Lockheed Martin was a good company to work for. I had good co-workers and received good training to do my job. The most enjoyable part of the job was working on the Space Shuttle program and being part of the team. The hardest part of the job was making the program successful on a limited budget.
This company is very poor for taking care of its employees
All Source Intelligence//Targeting Analyst (Former Employee), Herndon, VANovember 14, 2014
Pros: pays well
Cons: no follow on jobs once contract has ended.
This company is a one contract company. Once the contract is over they release you and tell you that they will keep your resume and apply it to future contracts. I never heard from them when my contract ended. When I went online and saw the jobs available and the contracts won by Lockheed Martin yet they never called me. POOR!!!
PTDS
Field Engineer (Former Employee), Kabul, KABNovember 13, 2014
Pros: few out of pocket expenses
Cons: lack of strong corporate guidance, difficulty with staff redundancies
Field work in this country was austere. Well as bad as you allowed it. Lockheed continuously supported remote sites with logistic support. The work was interesting as there was never a simple set of duties. Rather you would end up working a multitude of jobs from building your own housing, plumbing, electrical, in addition to your daily duties. The – more... daily duties would often also be varied as you are responsible for your own security, safety, and maintenance to all aspects of your support equipment. Since all sites are remote, the team environment was a site to site issue and landed squarely on the shoulders of the site management, team philosophy, and execution of that philosophy. – less
Great Company to work for.
Sr Engineer telecommunicatios Tech (Current Employee), Sumter, SCNovember 13, 2014
Pros: good pay, decent healthcare and retirement benefits.
Cons: job being over seas and missing time with family. not enough jobs back home to go to.
A day of work is usually the same insatlling or terminated copper or fiber cable ether outside or inside. Thesting and tgging to indentify the new cables.

Learning something new is rare in this job cause it's repetitive, but every once in a while there maybe something about the new infrastructure.

Management was a great experiance treated with respect – more... and trust in doing your job. If there was an issues with anything it was resolved no favortism. Mangement had willness to work as a team.

Working with my co-workers was what made work worth while we had good comradery and worked good together helping each other out when needed.Co-workers had definite respect for one other and valued each others skill level out in the field.

Hardest part of the was trying to do everything in best timely manner, because other issues would come along. This sometimes would keep the team for finishing that one project you where already working on and cause some conflict with other customers. But one other thing that was hard was being away from family.

Most enjoyable part of then job getting out in the field and working with my team and the military and have good comradery amongst each other. To hear that the customer is pleased or satisfied with jobs completion and making the company you work for look top noch or look above or better than rest of the compeditors out there. – less
Provided overwatch coverage for deployed troops.
PTDS program in OIF and OEF, site manager (Former Employee), OIF & OEFNovember 11, 2014
Great program, essential work providing support in combat zone.
Lifetime doesn't matter
HRAccess Program, Virtual Employee (Current Employee), Omaha, NENovember 11, 2014
Pros: opportunites, benefits
Cons: inability to think outside the brick & motar way of doing business
I have worked for Lockheed Martin in a variety of positions for 18 years. I love this company and the opportunities it has afforded me. I am currently at risk of being laid off because the program I am working is making cutbacks which has been determined to be the Systems Engineering group. I have been part of the SE group since it's inception 3 years – more... after the program began. I have been working to pay down the technical debt the program has incurred since it's inception. Gone are the times in which a lifelong employee who isn't close to retirement age is a valued employee utilized to teach young engineers how to integrate into the work force. – less
Locking Martin was a good learning environment
Interpreter/Translator (Former Employee), Kabul AfghanistanNovember 10, 2014
I was working 8 hrs a day. I learned a lot while working with Lockheed Martin. It really improved my translation and interpretation skill. Interpreting in teach back class was the critical part of this job.
Good enviroment
Project Management Consultant (Current Employee), Washington, DCNovember 7, 2014
Very interesting and nice place to work. Overall, I enjoyed the experience.
IT support
Computer Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCNovember 7, 2014
we were contractors for supporting the US EPA headquarters in Raleigh NC. eventually the company was under bid and the EPA went with another IT support contractor
Not bad
Systems Administrator Sr (Current Employee), Louisville, CONovember 6, 2014
A typical day at work can fluctuate between very stressful and limited activity.
Good team, close to one-another
Informatics Vocabulary Specialist (contractor) (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 6, 2014
Typical day was an 8 hour work day of designing computer programs
Learned how to apply standards of vocabulary to different healthcare systems
Very good managers and co-workers
Learning new methods was always a challenge, but applying them was always fun
Great company to launch a career
Sr. Master Scheduler (Former Employee), Palmdale, CANovember 5, 2014
Pros: work life balance, good benefits, and 9/80 work weeks
Cons: limited advancement in business operations (non-engineering fields) to management
The most enjoyable part of the job: Overall Lockheed Martin is a great place to work.Benefits are comprehensive. Pay is competitive. The staff members are extremely professional and focused. Stretch assignments are offered by which employees can expand their skills and competencies.

The hardest part of the job: Heavily tied to the US defense industry – more... so projects can be affected by congressional budget issues such as sequestration or program changes from the political level. A fact of life for any in the defense/aerospace industry. – less
Overall a good company
F35 Crew Chief (Avionics Specialty) (Current Employee), Ft Walton Bch, FLNovember 5, 2014
Benefits are better than a lot of places, PTO and vacation time are fair at a little over 2 weeks per year. Medical and dental insurance are horrible in my opinion. Management is different, depending on where you work. However, in my location it would be a better place to work if management respected people more than money. This is a contract which – more... will end soon, therefore i gave a low rating for job security. Pay is set by contract and is very nice for the area. Work does require some overtime, and shift work so the work life balance is average. – less
Great company with great benefits
Sales Representative Associate (Current Employee), Malta, NYNovember 4, 2014
Lockheed Martin is a good work environment with some excellent benefits and compensation.
Excellent Benefits
Avionics Technician Specialist (Current Employee), Greenville, SCNovember 4, 2014
A great place to work. I have been able to apply my military experience while working here and it has been very rewarding.

1 2 3 4 5

About Lockheed Martin

Breakthrough performance. Game-changing innovations. Unwavering sense of purpose. Our employees are the core of our business – Read more