Lockheed Martin

Lockheed Martin Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
LM
Software Engineer (Former Employee), dartmouth, nova scotiaJuly 24, 2014
Pros: you can slack off and not get fired
Cons: low salary, lazy employees, no room for advancement
Extremely poor salary compared to other local defines companies.
Not Recomended
Field Service Repairman (Former Employee), Fort Hood, TXSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: not a lot of micromanaging happening. pays weekly
Cons: constant payroll problems. weak management.
The biggest problem with this company is management. Communication with middle and lower management is nearly non-existent and decisions are often not made in time to make deadlines. This may be due to managers being located in multiple states and time zones. Decisions and courses of action change hour by hour causing confusion throughout the ranks. – more... They also understaff production areas and assign multiple rolls to managers to save money on payroll. This means many areas get ignored until there is an emergency.
Payroll is the second biggest problem. The software used for payroll is flawed and confusing. Entering an expense report can take hours and are often denied. Expect to be paid wrong often. The company WILL NOT issue a separate check for back pay they owe you. They will lump it in with the next paycheck and Uncle Sam will take most of it. – less
very good company to work
ACCOUNTING CLERK, ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Fort Bragg, NCSeptember 11, 2014
excellent company to work. excellent compensations and security job
Adventure is the best explanation
Program Manager Asc (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: travel overseas
Cons: always on the move
Very fast paced environment. Must be able to multi task and travel at any given moment.
Field Quality engineer, contract employee (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TX worked out of my house in NH.September 8, 2014
Pros: pros, company of the future
Cons: cons - none
Great Company can't say enough about this company.
Learned a lot of state of the art processes. Management stands behind you. Coworker were always there to help. Hardest part of the job was getting too much job satisfaction. Most enjoyable part of the job was job satisfaction.
great staff
Aircraft Mechanic Contractor (Former Employee), Pinellas Park, FLSeptember 8, 2014
all in all it was a great to work at but if your a contractor its hard to keep your job cause if they dont like you our if you miss one day they will terminate your contract.
Good company
Program Manager (Former Employee), Bethesda, MDSeptember 8, 2014
Good overall company. Major area of improvement: work\life balance. Compensation is very competitive.
Great company and benefits
Multi-Media Production Analyst, Senior (Current Employee), Aberdeen Proving Ground, MDSeptember 8, 2014
Big company easy to get lost if working off site.
but good benefits and opportunities.
Opportunity to transition to another position and/or or relocate.
Business Area Finance Manager (Former Employee), Goodyear, AZSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: pension (no longer offered to incoming employees), flex 9-80 schedule, and overall benefits
Cons: uncertainty of sequestration impacts and delays in government funding to some program areas.
During my sixteen year career at Lockheed, I had several opportunities to advance my career. The complex problem solving and team work was enjoyable.
Long hours but plenty of pay.
SECURITY SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Aurora, COSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: great benifits
Cons: long neverending shifts
I enjoyed getting to work however, the overnights seemed to never end. I made good money so I stayed for a while.
Not a bad job
Software Test Engineer (Current Employee), Aberdeen Proving Ground, MDSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: flexibile hours
First job being a civilian, the pay is great with flexible hours and a great team to work for.
Lockheed Martin
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Owego, NYSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: great resources, nice balance of work/life
Cons: little room to advance
A great experience working with top engineers on highly confidential projects was exciting. I would have state longer had I not moved to Boston to be closer to family.
I enjoy my co-workers
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: off on the weekends
Cons: pay, barley time off, no chance of advancement
This job has taught me a lot as far as customer service goes that no matter how bad your day maybe you can not let it be reflected in your voice having an upbeat tone matters to the callers and to the bosses. The hardest part of this job is getting time off for emergencies and funerals. They don't care if it's not an immediate member of the family.
productive and a fun place to work
Senior Tech Specialist/Groupleader (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: they take good care of there employee's
Cons: healthcare not good at all
awsome place to work. Notlooking to leave, just looking for part-time work as of now. Something in the neighborhood of 5:00p.m. to about 8:00 p.m.
Great company!
Senior Applications Analyst (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 31, 2014
Employees are our company’s greatest asset. Lockheed offers a wide range of resources to support them in both their professional and personal lives. From compensation and benefits to flexible work schedules and financial tools, we show our appreciation for our employees’ skills, ambitions and potential.
Support and guide the development of manufacturing processes,
Project Manufacturing Planner (Former Employee), Fort Worth txAugust 31, 2014
Support and guide the development of manufacturing processes, procedures for aircraft assembly. Planning methodologies and processes both composite with advanced metals and Structural mechanical assembly/installation manufacturing processes planning
Great Company
Systems Engineer (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TexasAugust 31, 2014
Lockheed Martin is a well-balanced company that offers a lot of great benefits.
Highly techncial company with diverse range of programs
Senior Program Manager and Portfolio Manager (Current Employee), Goodyear, AZAugust 29, 2014
Pros: largest defense company in the industry
Cons: many layers of management
Work is hectic and fast paced. There are many challenges with the shrinking defense budget that keeps management very busy trying to reinvent different business areas. Schedules tend to get tighter and tighter as the customers desire more for less. The engineers are talented and drive.
Good company but dollar driven to achieve stake holder needs at cost to employees
Business Staff (Quality/Performance Excel.) (Former Employee), Washington DCAugust 27, 2014
Pros: good benefits and advancement capabilities
Cons: stake holder satisfaction out weighs that of employee stability and morale
25 years with LM... Good company...but top mgmt. is hurting with current govt. contract budget cuts...employees are feeling impacts the most...
Summary
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Rockville, MDAugust 27, 2014
The company as a whole is extremely successful. However, it was extremely difficult to progress and move into other positions.

1 2 3 4 5

About Lockheed Martin

Breakthrough performance. Game-changing innovations. Unwavering sense of purpose. Our employees are the core of our business – Read more