Lockheed Martin
1,791 reviews

Lockheed Martin Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Lockheed provides integrated military systems to DND
STAFF ENGINEER, Systems Test Engineering (Former Employee), May, ONOctober 25, 2014
I was test engineer who ensured the customer received a quality system.
LM
Software Engineer (Former Employee), dartmouth, nova scotiaJuly 24, 2014
Pros: you can slack off and not get fired
Cons: low salary, lazy employees, no room for advancement
Extremely poor salary compared to other local defines companies.
A company I could easily return to and enjoy working.
Quality Assurance Representative/Lead Auditor (Former Employee), Ottawa. OntarioMay 27, 2012
Pros: 9/80 work schedule (every 2nd. friday off), excellent cafeteria - freshly cooked.
Cons: difficult to remember cons
I had the distinct pleasure to work as a QA Rep. from 1999 to 2004. The staff and Management were a joy to work with, very professional and helpful.
Lots of work/life balance activities, Christmas Party, Golf, special days (gifts on Mothers/Fathers Day, Canada Day etc.)
given an opportunity, I would return in a heart-beat.
High pressure environment with time senstive projects
IT Coordinator-Project Manager-Billing (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXDecember 16, 2014
Pros: on site cafeteria.
Cons: insurance, no opportunity for advancement, no raises
A typical day would include running through multiple reports and databases to enter billing for our contractor and then run through it all a few more times to check for accuracy. Most of what I know now about computers, came from working with this contractor and working directly with the techs. They even helped me build my home computer. Management – more... was typically very easy to get along with, but they still made me want to do the best I could. Most of my co workers were easy to get along with. We all basically had the same sense of humor and laughed often in order to keep the stress levels low. The hardest part of my job was training someone to be my backup, as it took a few years for me to learn my position (and I'm still learning it) because things change often with how management wants things done. And to train someone who knows little about computers or how our databases work, it was a challenge. The most enjoyable part was working with my little group of co-workers. We had fun and joked around, but we also worked really well together. We were mostly on the same page with how things needed to be done from a workflow perspective. – less
Very productive, educational, and love working with company new things learn daily
Heavy Wheel Vehicle Mechanic (Former Employee), Fort Benning, GADecember 15, 2014
Pros: well advance, fair work place, great organization
Cons: work load did not last mission end.
Great training, safe work environment, great team members, fair organization. Communication outstanding.
Hopefully will never work for again
Senior Mechanic (Former Employee), Ft. BraggDecember 15, 2014
Mangement is a term thats just thrown around here. Benefits are completely un affordable with a wife and one child even at 20 dollars an hour. Hard to believe, but 1700 a month is legalized extortion.
Work was very rewarding and satisfying
PROJECT/PLANNING MANAGER/SITE MANAGER (Current Employee), AfghanistanDecember 14, 2014
Pros: super pay super people
Cons: large company can be impersonal at times
Love the company and personnel . Working in a war environment is challenging but the chance to work with real professionals and save lives everyday was well worth the risks involved
Great place to work.
Medical Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Orlando, FLDecember 13, 2014
I loved Lockheed Martin. This was a wonderful place to work. It was very family friendly and the people there were very down to earth and willing to help any anyway possible. If I could I would retire from there. Me and a lot of others feel the same way. Some people have been there for over 30 years and they still don't want to retire. They have great – more... compensation and great benefits. – less
Exciting dynamic working environment!
System Administrator (Former Employee), Detroit, MIDecember 12, 2014
Pros: lots to do and great people to work with
Cons: as contractors we were at many times treated as such.
My typical day always starts with getting my group together and discussing pending tickets or other projects. I then reviw all the E-mails and tickets that needs my attention. I work with my co-workers to resolve issues and help them learn to resolve. The most enjoyable part of my job is the interaction with people.
I worked with Lockheed Martin for 20 years
HR Generalist/Payroll Administrator/Office Manager (Former Employee), Burlington, MADecember 12, 2014
Pros: benefits were great.
Best company I worked for. The company values its employees and focus on the mission are positive attributes. Working in a team environment, the opportunities for advancement, and work / life balance, safety was paramount to me and my coworkers.
Great Place to work
Simulator Pilot Instructor (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMDecember 11, 2014
MC-130H instruction to active duty aircrew in systems, operations and procedures in the classroom, simulator and with static aircraft on the flight line. Assist instructional systems designers and subject matter expert in the development of classroom and simulator lessons and student and instructor guides, and other training data.
Great Company to work for
Senior Field Service Engineer (Former Employee), Orlando, FLDecember 10, 2014
Pros: great support
Cons: no cons
Supported Apache helicopter program in Iraq, Kuwait and Afghanistan
Lockheed Martin hired me because they had had interface with me as a US Air Force Leader and wanted my people skills and ability to succeed.
Regional Manager (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXDecember 10, 2014
Pros: the extended me autonomy and i didn't let them down
Cons: i have no cons.
Lockheed Martin Aeronautics was an exciting and fulfilling place to work. My wife and I were blessed for being able share in that wonderful experience.

A great place to work and tremendous group of contemoraries and outstanding, considerate leadership at all levels.

I miss it and all it stands for.
Excellent company to work
Senior Electronic Associate (Former Employee), Ocala, FLDecember 9, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: starting pay is low but frequent, routine pay raises.
I was very honored to work here. Would come back again in a heartbeat. Benefits excellent!
Great company, wonderful people!
Senior Application Analyst (Current Employee), Baltimore, MarylandDecember 8, 2014
Pros: work/life balance
Cons: contractual
I learned a lot working for Lockheed Martin and was given the opportunity to acquire some new job skills.
We had a great team of people who worked well together.
The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing that I was able to help someone resolve an issue.
I had a great manager who was very understanding and compassionate.
LMCO
Program Manager/Capture Manager (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, CODecember 4, 2014
Pros: interesting work, good place to gain experience
Cons: "hollow" company, hard to advance, very "corporate" in treatment of employees
Great place to develop skills, gain experience. Excellent training programs, but in recent years harder to access due to budget constraints. Advancement is not easy, and tends to depend on what programs/locations you happen to be associated with. Good "brand", and a leader in technology and best practices. Skills will be transferable to other companies/work. – more... Challenging work/life balance at times, with limited recognition beyond satisfaction of having done a good job. – less
Very good company to work for
Quality Assurance Inspector (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLDecember 3, 2014
Pros: paid very well
Cons: no job security, too many lay offs, it was all contract work, not recognized for skills, it became politics, it was all about who you knew not your skills
It was a great company to work for. They paid very well. The unfortunate thing working for company was they did not recognized anyone for their skills. It was too much politics, It was all about who you brown nosed in order to keep your job. The only good thing about working for them was how much they compensated. It was all contract work.
Great place to work and stretches you to learn in an adaptive environment
IT Lead (Current Employee), Bolling AFBDecember 2, 2014
Pros: flexable hours
IT Lead/Exchange Administrator June 2007 – Present
Lockheed Martin support for the Department of Homeland Security/844CG Air Force
• Installation of Windows 7 Operating Systems
• Installing and troubleshooting of MS Office 2007 & 2010
• Troubleshooting and granting Exchange permissions in Exchange Server 2007
• Resolving and troubleshooting issues with – more... Lync’s 2010 and Outlook instant messaging 2007
• Granting permissions in Active Directory Version: 6.1.7601.17514
• NETIQ Directory 8.60.0 Build 215 (Directory Resource Administration)
• Creating new Enterprise Accounts
• Deleting Enterprise Accounts
• Moving objects into different OU’s
• Directly lead the (FCR) Efforts for 14,000+ customers
• Supports and troubleshoots both classified and unclassified networks.
• Provides technical software, hardware and network problem resolution
• Using remote tools such as Bomgar 12.3.5 43325 and Dameware Mini Remote 7.5.9.0 32
• Performing troubleshooting/triage to resolve issues
• Creating White Papers and or Work Instructions as a step by step instructional tool for SOPS
• Remotely push software to user’s workstation/laptops that are located on (ADL) SDC Vers. 3.1
o Remote to user workstations after hours using Dameware and Remote Desktop tools trouble shooting errors with MS Office products and various peripheral devices.
• Training other team members on new process, on software and or hardware
• Develops working relationships with functional groups and customers
• Refer more difficult requests to the appropriate Tier Levels
• Make recommendations and or changes in standard customer support procedures
• Assisting in maintaining an extensive ticketing control system (Remedy)
• Adhering to required deadlines (SLA’s and KPI’S) is met.
• Operations project management and facilitate timely delivery of requested services to WHS, OSD, JS and PFPA users located in the Pentagon and throughout the National Capitol Region (NCR).
• Determine customer requirements and provides input in the development of operational manuals and instructions.
• Plans, organize, coordinate, and mange IT assets.
• Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
• Run IA SCANS/Cleanup using Spybot for IA support.
• Develop and present formal and informal training sessions on newly installed equipment and applications software for functional system administrators.
• Create users accounts and users Data Armor accounts. Send challenge and response to workstations; that have been loaded with DATA ARMOR.
• Support a wide range of applications running on a variety of platforms.
• Assisting in developing proposed division administrative controls, procedures, policies, and practices
• Encourage collaboration with stakeholders, customers, and staff determines the most appropriate principles
• Apply new methods to resolve complex and/or intricate, controversial, or unprecedented issues
• Use best judgment practice, initiative, and resourcefulness in deviating from established methods
• Responsible for generating reports in Crystal Reports to provide guidance and training
• Responsible for ordering, deploying, and managing over 6000 units of IT equipment
• Tracking and capturing assets using a desktop WLS9500 Series Laser Barcode Scanner
• Trouble shooting VTC/Tandberg software and various computer and video software
• Conducts meetings, review processes, and provide direction for improvements
• Develop disaster recovery emergency plan procedures
• Communicates to senior management to keep abreast of changes requested by Government
• Approve 383 man hours for each employee on the program through Exostar or Deltek
• Addressed technician on a case-by-case basis for process improvements or evaluation period
• Responsible for the Desk/Laptop, LAN and WAN support for approximately 2000 users
• Manages 30 technicians work schedules
• Administrative duties as running quire’s in Remedy providing status update; for morning briefs and presenting presentation graphics for Executive managers.
• Dee DEPO Administrator creating Lists and workflow boxes in DEPO
• Trusted Agent for SIPR and NIPR DOD Components
• MobiKey Administrator for Route 1 customers – less
Set the ground work
Social Security Administration (SSA), MD (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDDecember 2, 2014
A typical day was attending meeting, meeting minutes and developing Business Requirement Documents.
Good Place to Work
Educational Technologist (Former Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCDecember 1, 2014
Great pay...lack of guidance from management on the contract...lack of cohesive direction on designing instruction.

1 2 3 4 5

About Lockheed Martin

Breakthrough performance. Game-changing innovations. Unwavering sense of purpose. Our employees are the core of our business – Read more