Lockheed Martin Employee Review

View all Lockheed Martin reviews

It is a place given the right stuff, the employee can learn and grow, as much as the person desire.
Staff Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, California25 January 2012
It is a great place to grow technically as well managerily.
Nature of it's business renders diversity in area of different sciences.
It has several divisions that covers activies from space to deep ocean. There were cross training involve among employee either carried out formally or otherwise. I took advantage of the opportunity and further my learning/education during my employment there, which equvalent to a PHD effort at a learning instituation such as University. I believe, otherwise, I will not be able to achieve....because of the way it nutured me. I am able to build Receiver/Transmitter from the ground up by using MMIC chips that I designed. Which I consider is an opportunity of life time....plus beacuse of my involvement, I was able to train other engineers, and in return they taugh me system engineering about payload.
Later in my career, I was able to work as payload enginner/manager for satelllite. These are just a few of the pleasant experience I encountered during my employment wuth Lockheed.
Pros
free education
Cons
not enough r&d funding

Other Lockheed Martin Employee Reviews

Anonymous (Former Employee) –  MontrĂ©al, QC28 March 2017
Lots of interesting projects working with cutting-edge technology. Advancement a little difficult. Salaries within market average. Could have more activities to build corporate culture and have employees get to know each other as they work in disparate sites.
Pros
Training, work in high-tech field, great colleagues
Cons
Can be long hours, corporate culture could be stronger
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 January 2017
Good pay, great culture and solid principles of software development. The only downside is the glass ceiling and the lack of advancement opportunities.
Pros
Great work/life balance, short working week and no overtime
Cons
Glass ceiling

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lockheed Martin. Our community is ready to answer.

Lockheed Martin Reviews by Location