1,581 reviews

Lockheed Martin Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
LM
Software Engineer (Former Employee), dartmouth, nova scotiaJuly 24, 2014
Pros: you can slack off and not get fired
Cons: low salary, lazy employees, no room for advancement
Extremely poor salary compared to other local defines companies.
Lockheed may be fine, Working for DISA on a lockheed contract is garbage
Senior Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Denver, COMarch 9, 2014
Pros: outstanding money
Cons: you will have suicide hotline on speed dial
Honestly, Lockheed is fine. My opinion of DISA would get me flagged and banned from the inter webs. Just don't do it kids.
Teamwork is very important here
Senior Field Engineer (Current Employee), Helmand, AfghanistanMay 31, 2013
Pros: satisfaction of seeing results of a job well done.
Cons: being away from my family for such a long period of time
We work 12hr shifts 7days a week.
The most enjoyable part of the job is helping keep our troops safe.
A company I could easily return to and enjoy working.
Quality Assurance Representative/Lead Auditor (Former Employee), Ottawa. OntarioMay 27, 2012
Pros: 9/80 work schedule (every 2nd. friday off), excellent cafeteria - freshly cooked.
Cons: difficult to remember cons
I had the distinct pleasure to work as a QA Rep. from 1999 to 2004. The staff and Management were a joy to work with, very professional and helpful.
Lots of work/life balance activities, Christmas Party, Golf, special days (gifts on Mothers/Fathers Day, Canada Day etc.)
given an opportunity, I would return in a heart-beat.
Military Pay Analyst, (DFAS) (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 30, 2014
Company had a good culture.The hours were good and management was flexible.
Great Company, but hard to promote
Systems Administrator, Help Desk, Contractor (Former Employee), Fort Meade, MDJuly 29, 2014
Pros: benefits, technology forward
Cons: pay
I worked a night shift. My supervisor was great! Some co-workers were tough to deal with, but you'll find that anywhere. The company provided lots of beneficial training and a good benefits package.
Overall great place to work
Information Assurance Engineer, Sr Stf (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAJuly 28, 2014
It's just basic logic; you can make money contracting for the government, but you will not become #1 if you don't take care of your people. Lockheed was named the #1 Info Tech contractor to the US Government for 20 years running. It's not rocket science... but there ARE quite a few rocket scientists that work there.
Great work life balance. Must move for advancement.
Operations Engineer Sr (Current Employee), Greenville, SCJuly 27, 2014
Smaller locations do not have advancement. If you are young try for the leadership development program.
Good Company with Benefits
Sr.Accounting Assistent (Former Employee), Grand Prairie, TXJuly 26, 2014
I worked all areas of accounting, and helped others in the department daily.
I enjoyed working there, and made lots of friends.
Good place to work with very knowlegable poeple.
Armed Security Officer (Current Employee), Grand Pairie TXJuly 26, 2014
The work itself is not hard. You must be careful not to become complacent. Management is very tough but fair. The job is not hard but you must keep up with pace of all that goes on.
Great Place to work
Supply Clerk (Former Employee), Fort Stewart, GAJuly 26, 2014
Pros: insurance, mission work
Cons: short lunch hours
With this company I started my courier in the Supply field. I also had the opportunity to work in other fields like the CBRN team. I've had a lot of support from coworkers and Supervisors. It was great working on Ft. Stewart.
Dream Job
Sr. Cost Analyst (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAJuly 25, 2014
Lockheed Martin is a well-balanced place to work. They stress team work, ethical behaviour and respect for each and every employee. I grew up here and feel blessed I had 30 years there.
Computer Technician Support Analyst (Former Employee), Fort Walton Beach, FLJuly 25, 2014
Providing technical, operations and training support to users of computer equipment either remotely or on-site for 450 users. Update and manage daily workflow of customer problems with Trackit electronic ticket database program.

• Providing technical, operations and training support to users of computer equipment either remotely or on-site for 450 – more... users.
• Install, troubleshoot and maintain support of Windows NT, Windows 95 and Windows XP computers including Microsoft Office 2003.
• Update and manage daily workflow of customer problems with Trackit electronic ticket database program.
• Performed Active Directory user password resets.
• Installs and test computers, printers, network switches, other peripherals, and software.
• Configured printer queues for domain network use.
• Performs hardware diagnostics and coordinates repairs.
• Maintain, upgrade and generate Ghost images utilized by the site.
• Performed customer software updates and other remote functions using Dameware software product.
• Performing Cisco switch configuration of unclassified and classified networks. – less
Flexibility
Business Planner (Former Employee), MarylandJuly 24, 2014
Pros: non-micromanagement
Cons: no job advancement even after they paid for masters degree
Not the greatest company to work for but certainly is not the worst. The company helped paid for my Masters Degree but there was no job advancement; just more workload.

One thing I enjoyed was the non-micromanagement. Management fully trusted and supported my decisions in carrying out my daily responsibilities without constantly checking in.
They have great leadership.
Industrial Security Specialist (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PAJuly 24, 2014
Pros: employees worked well together. flexable work hours.
LM is an excellent company. I had 23 great years with the company before I retired in June 2013.
Productive and fun work place
Safety Engineer (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 23, 2014
a great company to work for with various potential for personal improvement within various contracts.
Everything Averages Out
Embedded Software Engineer Sr (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXJuly 23, 2014
Pros: plenty of work
Cons: rating system unfair and placating
Interesting work, good benefits, average to lower compensation and retirement.
Lockheed Martin
Foreign Medical Program Coordinator (Former Employee), Arlington, VAJuly 23, 2014
I liked working for Lockheed Martin. The only issue is that they are a contractor and your job is going to come to an end at some point unless you work at their headquarters. They were great with paying for a large portion of my masters degree program. I had a great Program Manager.
Good environment overall
Field Sales Support Systems Engineer Staff (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXJuly 21, 2014
Pros: 9/80 schedule, off friday every other week
Good work/life balance, ok money until you reach a certain level, you need to chase work/projects. Overall good company to work for.
you had to be in the click
System Administrator (Former Employee), louisville KYJuly 21, 2014
Pros: up and down as with all jobs
Cons: drinking could not and will not
working on user problems and call in co-worker did not like me because they would drink on duty and I did not

1 2 3 4 5

About Lockheed Martin

Breakthrough performance. Game-changing innovations. Unwavering sense of purpose. Our employees are the core of our business – Read more