Lockheed Martin
1,799 reviews

Lockheed Martin Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Lockheed provides integrated military systems to DND
STAFF ENGINEER, Systems Test Engineering (Former Employee), May, ONOctober 25, 2014
I was test engineer who ensured the customer received a quality system.
LM
Software Engineer (Former Employee), dartmouth, nova scotiaJuly 24, 2014
Pros: you can slack off and not get fired
Cons: low salary, lazy employees, no room for advancement
Extremely poor salary compared to other local defines companies.
A company I could easily return to and enjoy working.
Quality Assurance Representative/Lead Auditor (Former Employee), Ottawa. OntarioMay 27, 2012
Pros: 9/80 work schedule (every 2nd. friday off), excellent cafeteria - freshly cooked.
Cons: difficult to remember cons
I had the distinct pleasure to work as a QA Rep. from 1999 to 2004. The staff and Management were a joy to work with, very professional and helpful.
Lots of work/life balance activities, Christmas Party, Golf, special days (gifts on Mothers/Fathers Day, Canada Day etc.)
given an opportunity, I would return in a heart-beat.
Large company mostly military contracts
Mechanical Field Engineer (Former Employee), AfghistanDecember 22, 2014
Worked overseas contract in Afghanistan for LM. Didn't really feel we were a part of the company, but had to do all the requirements of stateside employees. Tried to get a follow on job when departing contract and felt if you weren't in the buddy system you weren't getting in.
Challenging environment
Multi-functional Systems Analyst/Project Manager (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDDecember 21, 2014
Pros: professional environment
Cons: constanttlychanging culture
Challenging and aggressive work environment. Highly motivating work ethic.
Challenging environment
Pros: professional environment
Cons: constanttlychanging culture
Challenging and aggressive work environment. Highly motivating work ethic.
This is a place that is productive and want you to be informed.
Computer Operation Support Analyst (Current Employee), Baltimore, MarylandDecember 19, 2014
Pros: healthcare, working from home, education
Cons: no close places to eat with out ordering.
I learned this is a place that offers you education to get to the next step in your career. The company keep you updated with the new technology. The co-workers you can relate to and work as a team. Management they offer their help to get you to the next level of your career and have a open door policy. The work load is steady. It's not a hard job. – more... Socializing with other people within the company. – less
Good
Senior Field Engineer (Former Employee), Bagram AfghinstanDecember 18, 2014
Pros: freely to speak your minds
Cons: vacation
Good
all aspect of the job
fair
good people to work with
keeping up with the regulation
Helping Other
High Stress/Low Appreciation
Sr. Network Engineer (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALDecember 18, 2014
Cons: management staff
Highly stressful environment with constant demands and no recognition of accomplishments.

Employees are in constant fear of losing their jobs due to IT-Chief.

Would not recommend this working environment as Lockheed Martin does not represent or back their employees, nor do they listen to their employees during management/staff meetings.
good place to work
Aircraft Tooling (Former Employee), Marietta, GADecember 17, 2014
Pros: out of town tips with overtime
Cons: not being able to be at home
Above average place to work, good management, good coworkers, good leadership. Lots of out town trips with overtime were all great.Good commaradary between coworkers and management. Management was willing to jump in and help when and where ever needed.
High pressure environment with time senstive projects
IT Coordinator-Project Manager-Billing (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXDecember 16, 2014
Pros: on site cafeteria.
Cons: insurance, no opportunity for advancement, no raises
A typical day would include running through multiple reports and databases to enter billing for our contractor and then run through it all a few more times to check for accuracy. Most of what I know now about computers, came from working with this contractor and working directly with the techs. They even helped me build my home computer. Management – more... was typically very easy to get along with, but they still made me want to do the best I could. Most of my co workers were easy to get along with. We all basically had the same sense of humor and laughed often in order to keep the stress levels low. The hardest part of my job was training someone to be my backup, as it took a few years for me to learn my position (and I'm still learning it) because things change often with how management wants things done. And to train someone who knows little about computers or how our databases work, it was a challenge. The most enjoyable part was working with my little group of co-workers. We had fun and joked around, but we also worked really well together. We were mostly on the same page with how things needed to be done from a workflow perspective. – less
Very productive, educational, and love working with company new things learn daily
Heavy Wheel Vehicle Mechanic (Former Employee), Fort Benning, GADecember 15, 2014
Pros: well advance, fair work place, great organization
Cons: work load did not last mission end.
Great training, safe work environment, great team members, fair organization. Communication outstanding.
Large company with many potentials jobs
Supply Technician (Current Employee), Fort Campbell, KYDecember 15, 2014
Lockheed Martin is a good company that cares about it's employees.
Hopefully will never work for again
Senior Mechanic (Former Employee), Ft. BraggDecember 15, 2014
Mangement is a term thats just thrown around here. Benefits are completely un affordable with a wife and one child even at 20 dollars an hour. Hard to believe, but 1700 a month is legalized extortion.
Work was very rewarding and satisfying
PROJECT/PLANNING MANAGER/SITE MANAGER (Current Employee), AfghanistanDecember 14, 2014
Pros: super pay super people
Cons: large company can be impersonal at times
Love the company and personnel . Working in a war environment is challenging but the chance to work with real professionals and save lives everyday was well worth the risks involved
Great place to work.
Medical Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Orlando, FLDecember 13, 2014
I loved Lockheed Martin. This was a wonderful place to work. It was very family friendly and the people there were very down to earth and willing to help any anyway possible. If I could I would retire from there. Me and a lot of others feel the same way. Some people have been there for over 30 years and they still don't want to retire. They have great – more... compensation and great benefits. – less
Exciting dynamic working environment!
System Administrator (Former Employee), Detroit, MIDecember 12, 2014
Pros: lots to do and great people to work with
Cons: as contractors we were at many times treated as such.
My typical day always starts with getting my group together and discussing pending tickets or other projects. I then reviw all the E-mails and tickets that needs my attention. I work with my co-workers to resolve issues and help them learn to resolve. The most enjoyable part of my job is the interaction with people.
I worked with Lockheed Martin for 20 years
HR Generalist/Payroll Administrator/Office Manager (Former Employee), Burlington, MADecember 12, 2014
Pros: benefits were great.
Best company I worked for. The company values its employees and focus on the mission are positive attributes. Working in a team environment, the opportunities for advancement, and work / life balance, safety was paramount to me and my coworkers.
Great Place to work
Simulator Pilot Instructor (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMDecember 11, 2014
MC-130H instruction to active duty aircrew in systems, operations and procedures in the classroom, simulator and with static aircraft on the flight line. Assist instructional systems designers and subject matter expert in the development of classroom and simulator lessons and student and instructor guides, and other training data.
Great Company to work for
Senior Field Service Engineer (Former Employee), Orlando, FLDecember 10, 2014
Pros: great support
Cons: no cons
Supported Apache helicopter program in Iraq, Kuwait and Afghanistan

1 2 3 4 5

About Lockheed Martin

Breakthrough performance. Game-changing innovations. Unwavering sense of purpose. Our employees are the core of our business – Read more